What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (31 Viewers)

I think the Browns are a playoff team but I'm not high on Baker.  Think he will be basically league average but with that D and running game, I believe it will be enough with 7 teams making the playoffs.
That could very well be true, I am just thinking compared to the year prior I thought he looked a lot better and made big development strides. I would also point out, not specifically to you but just because it is trending here, the Browns played 3 straight games in terrible weather last year and at least some of the narrative on Baker is looking at this EOY stats and not the context. I am *not* saying you're doing that at all. In fact, league average really seems about right even if he is really good. There is that much talent at the position. 

I don't think Baker actually got any better last year.  I think he was just asked to do a lot less and play with a lot less pressure since the offensive line, running game, and defense were so good.  When any of those regress, as they often do, and more is put back on Baker I think we'll see the same panicky happy feet QB that can't handle it all over again.

This discussion actually reminded me to go ahead and put my money where my mouth is, which I'd been meaning to do anyway, so now I'm really invested in the discussion :P
The bolded is what I was worried about last year as a development road block but he completely erased those concerns for me. In those 3 monsoon games he averaged 22 attempts per game. After that when they put a lot more on his plate again, he absolutely crushed it. I don't see him regressing in regards to the happy feet, but that is exactly the main trait I was concerned with going into last season. I'm not investing anything in any of the Browns this year for the most part. I have a couple Hunt shares but that is about it. 10.5 wins is a big number, even with 17 games.

a couple pages back a 2qb league trade involving zach wilson generated a lot of discussion.... that same league wilson was traded again:

10 tm, 2qb, ppr

Team A got: Josh Allen

Team B got: Jeudy, Z Wilson, 22 1st (mid to late), 24 1st

a couple pages back a 2qb league trade involving zach wilson generated a lot of discussion.... that same league wilson was traded again:

10 tm, 2qb, ppr

I'm bad at evaluating SF/2QB trades, but the point I wanted to make was that anyone getting Jeudy in a trade is very smart. He' often seems to be there as a throw in, and with a high ceiling at what often seems to be a discounted price, I love getting Jeudy in package deals right now.

I realize we're way off topic at this point but this team reminds me so much of the 2017 Jags.  A great defense and running game allowed them to hide Bortles for a year, but when those faltered he was right back to the same old guy.

I don't think Baker actually got any better last year.  I think he was just asked to do a lot less and play with a lot less pressure since the offensive line, running game, and defense were so good.  When any of those regress, as they often do, and more is put back on Baker I think we'll see the same panicky happy feet QB that can't handle it all over again.

Again every year there is a team in the playoffs where everyone played great to hide their mediocre/below average QB and that team is almost always one of the teams that regresses bigtime the next year.

This discussion actually reminded me to go ahead and put my money where my mouth is, which I'd been meaning to do anyway, so now I'm really invested in the discussion :P
You definitely could be right as it happens every year.  I feel the Jags were built much worse than the Browns though personally and the Browns got better the Jags definitely got worse.  Also, 7 teams making the playoffs changes things.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did miss the playoffs though and I definitely don't think there is any way they win their division like a lot of people are picking.

That could very well be true, I am just thinking compared to the year prior I thought he looked a lot better and made big development strides. I would also point out, not specifically to you but just because it is trending here, the Browns played 3 straight games in terrible weather last year and at least some of the narrative on Baker is looking at this EOY stats and not the context. I am *not* saying you're doing that at all. In fact, league average really seems about right even if he is really good. There is that much talent at the position. 
You are wrong there at all.  I think he is improving which is all you can ask.  There are a lot worse things that you can be than league average, especially at that position.  I agree it will be enough to get them in the playoffs and with the D and running game they could win a playoff game for sure.

10 tm, 2qb, ppr

I don't play in 10 team leagues really or 2 QB leagues really so my opinion doesn't mean a ton but if I had the QB depth to not need Wilson at all this year, I would take this for Allen probably.  Just because of 10 teamer.  In bigger leagues that could change as Allen is almost gold.

iamkoza said:

10 tm, 2qb, ppr

2 1sts, Wilson & Jeudy for Allen seems like a somewhat fair deal that no Allen owed should make. 

It’s not like Allen is an aging asset, and his value to a dynasty team is just so high. 

That said; if team Allen is rebuilding & has only Allen & some gaping holes in their roster, I get it. I’d want one more player, and I’d want the ‘24 pick to be a ‘23.  That it’s a 10-team league devalues players slightly from a 12 teamer, but yeah - one more player or pick would have made this a better deal. 

Yea this is highway robbery for DK.
I’m not sure it’s quire robbery - it’s 2 potential feature backs for 2022. And how long is Russ gonna play at a high level & who’s next?

we might look at this in a year and say, “man, this dude locked up 2 RB1-2 types for years for a WR who no longer has an elite QB”

But that’s a “might” and DK is a lock for elite production right now, so…. Short term heavily favors DK. Long term maybe not so bad. 

it’s still a little light though, yeah.

I’m not sure it’s quire robbery - it’s 2 potential feature backs for 2022. And how long is Russ gonna play at a high level & who’s next?

we might look at this in a year and say, “man, this dude locked up 2 RB1-2 types for years for a WR who no longer has an elite QB”

But that’s a “might” and DK is a lock for elite production right now, so…. Short term heavily favors DK. Long term maybe not so bad. 

it’s still a little light though, yeah.
All good points but RBs careers are all short term really and I don't think Russ has given us a reason to believe that he can't be good for quite a few more years.

FFPC, contending team

Gave K. Hunt & Rondale Moore, 2023 3rd

Got Aiyuk

Owner had been offering him to me all off season (for quite a bit more) and being stacked at wr (AJB, Diggs, JJ, Cooper, Woods, DJ Moore) answer was always no. Value wise I think it is fine, but I'm an rb hoarder by nature and having some remorse now. Chubb and Henry are my starters and Hunt was on bench most weeks which makes it easier but rb depth takes big hit (Sanders, Davis, Mostert).

FFPC, contending team

Got Aiyuk

Owner had been offering him to me all off season (for quite a bit more) and being stacked at wr (AJB, Diggs, JJ, Cooper, Woods, DJ Moore) answer was always no. Value wise I think it is fine, but I'm an rb hoarder by nature and having some remorse now. Chubb and Henry are my starters and Hunt was on bench most weeks which makes it easier but rb depth takes big hit (Sanders, Davis, Mostert).
RB Depth still looks solid for this year, but might want to get some RB lottery tickets on the end of your bench for 22 and hope someone hits. As far as the deal, I love Aiyuk to show out so I love the deal. By the way your WR core is sick!

FFPC, contending team

Got Aiyuk

I like the value for Aiyuk but I agree on the RB thing.  I hoard them too and they are much harder to come by.  With your team, I probably wouldn't have made this deal personally but value-wise it was probably a good move.

FFPC, contending team

Got Aiyuk

Absolutely Aiyuk…I am a huge Aiyuk guy so this isn’t even close IMO…you got a potential #1 FF WR who is very young for. RB who while good is #2 on his team and just turned 26, a quality WR prospect and a nothing special draft pick…this is a deal where you did not have to touch the core of your roster and was able to obtain a potential stud and you now have the flexibility to deal one of your quality WRs to upgrade at RB if that is what you want to do…I hate this type of deal for the other owner…makes no sense from a dynasty perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC, contending team

Got Aiyuk

Regardless of team build I like Aiyuk here.  He has the potential to be a real difference maker.  Pedigree, great rookie season, and now he has a big armed high ceiling QB coming in.

FFPC, contending team

Got Aiyuk

Aiyuk side for me. 

14 team SF 0.5/1/1.5 PPR

Justin Jefferson/Rhamondre Stevenson

For

Austin Ekeler/Jerry Jeudy
This is a tough one. Jefferson is the best player in this deal, but it’s a fair trade. I could see getting Eke/Jeudy too, depending on team needs. 

Fair trade. I prefer JJ. 

This is a tough one. Jefferson is the best player in this deal, but it’s a fair trade. I could see getting Eke/Jeudy too, depending on team needs. 

Fair trade. I prefer JJ. 
Agreed…I look at it this way…to get JJ you will have to overpay and I do not see this as an overpay…Jeudy is still in a tough situation with his QB and while I like Ekeler he is 26 years old which is not a bad age to be cashing out on him….also, while the Pats RB situation is always a minefield that is not a bad little throw in as it was not needed to make this deal…I would be very pleased to obtain Jefferson for this.

I don't know what you got in return, and I don't even care.  If you managed to trade away FIVE QB's in a 1QB league then you my friend have some sales skills.  I'm in a 1QB league and we've had ONE trade in five years that involved a QB.  
You have to take some losses and I already took a BIG one!!!! But it's okay because I'm rebuilding and I was able to get these rookies through drafting and trading: Etienne, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, Fields, Bateman, and St. Brown.  I also traded Hunt for Shenault. 

FFPC not involved, each trade is a separate league:

Team A gives OBJ, ETN, Javonte Williams, Everett
Team B gives Adams, Mike Davis, 2022 2nd & 3rd

Team C gives Gaskin
Team D gives Goff, Stevenson, two 2022 2nds, 2022 3rd

FFPC SF:

Team X gives Ekeler
Team Y gives James Robinson, Jacobs

Team E gives M Thomas
Team F gives C Samuel, N Collins, 2022 2nd & 3rd

FFPC not involved, each league is separate:

Team A gives OBJ, ETN, Javonte Williams, Everett
Team B gives Adams, Mike Davis, 2022 2nd & 3rd

Team C gives Gaskin
Team D gives Goff, Stevenson, two 2022 2nds, 2022 3rd

3-way trade?  I don’t understand who got what in return here. 

or is it A with B, and C with D?

If this, then Team B wins, and team C wins. 

FFPC SF:

Team X gives Ekeler
Team Y gives Robinson, Jacobs

ok I think I’m getting your style. Coulda just stuck with A B for every trade. lol

This one’s tricky and depends on needs. I assume Robinson = JAX RB and not Allen?  So yeah, gimme the Eke side but it’s close. 

Team E gives M Thomas
Team F gives C Samuel, N Collins, 2022 2nd & 3rd
Team E

Thomas is a toxic asset at the moment and getting that much in return is a score. 

14 team SF 1.5 TEP startup trades

Trade 1: Traded A. Gibson, 4.13, 7.02 for J. Taylor, 5.13, 7.13

Trade 2: Traded J. Taylor for 2 2022 1sts + 2023 1st

Net overall: Traded A. Gibson, 4.13, 7.02 for 5.13, 7.13, 2 2022 1sts, 2023 1st

My initial plan was to take a productive struggle approach, punting 2021 and focusing on 2022 and beyond. Felt both trades were too much for me to pass on. Would love to hear thoughts about both trades in combination or individually. Cheers.

3-way trade?  I don’t understand who got what in return hear. 
I said each league is separate but I meant to say each trade is a separate league. None were from the same league. I didn't feel like making 4 posts but "each league is separate" doesn't quite get there. I'm not changing my letters, though! And yeah it was James Robinson. I edited.

I said each league is separate but I meant to say each trade is a separate league. None were from the same league. I didn't feel like making 4 posts but "each league is separate" doesn't quite get there. I'm not changing my letters, though! And yeah it was James Robinson. I edited.

I managed to figure it out. 

A-B makes more sense for all trades. When you said "A gets, B gets C gets" I immediately think "3-team trade, that's rare!" :lol:

All good - I got it eventually. 

I managed to figure it out. 

A-B makes more sense for all trades. When you said "A gets, B gets C gets" I immediately think "3-team trade, that's rare!" :lol:

All good - I got it eventually. 
  I will bet you a million dollars if I kept it all A-B there would be someone else saying they thought it was the same owner. I would bet anything on it.

FFPC not involved

Gabriel Davis for a 2022 4th

Mutha #### bucket. So dang cheap. I still wouldn't sell for a 2nd.

ETA - huh ^^ this really isn't a cuss word I am surprised. 

FFPC not involved

Gabriel Davis for a 2022 4th

Mutha #### bucket. So dang cheap. I still wouldn't sell for a 2nd.

ETA - huh ^^ this really isn't a cuss word I am surprised. 

Jeeez that stings.  I nibbled around the Davis owner twice over the summer but unfortunately (for me) he knows what he has.  He told me 2.03 or 2.04 is about the cheapest he'd sell him for, and I don't blame him a bit. 

Users who are viewing this thread