What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

I get this totally and have enjoyed some good fantasy years from A-Rob in the past.  I don't think Renfrow is worth a 1st like a previous trade I saw on here but I'd take him over A-Rob easily.  Don't like Free Agent WRs that are almost 30 and about to go to a new team.  Not to mention, he has never been a great route runner (Renfrow is).  I think we just say Renfrow's best season ever but I also think A-Rob's best seasons are well behind him personally.  Everything you said is and could be true though.

I don't really care about a FA WR being 30 and going to a new team but Robinson's problems ran a lot deeper then QB play. Not everyone ages the same and he looks like he's lost a step, or two.  So I'd take Renfrow over him but at the same time don't value Renfrow like a first, but I'd take a random second over Robinson.

I don't really care about a FA WR being 30 and going to a new team but Robinson's problems ran a lot deeper then QB play. Not everyone ages the same and he looks like he's lost a step, or two.  So I'd take Renfrow over him but at the same time don't value Renfrow like a first, but I'd take a random second over Robinson.
I totally agree with this.  Don't take my comments on being high on Renfrow.  Just higher on him than A-Rob by a long ways.  I wouldn't be trading for either of these guys right now.

Zyphros said:
Bought an orphan and made a couple moves. Was severely lacking future picks (had nothing til 4.08 this year, full picks in 2023) and the team isn't in the best shape

FFPC full PPR 1.5 TE pre

Gave away Keenan Allen - got a 2023 1st (best guess is mid?)

Gave away Zeke - got 2.01 and 2023 2nd

Gave away Jeudy and Gabriel Davis - got Devonta Smith, 2.11, future 5th
Love the top 2 deals ...  I think Jeudy /Davis was under sell.  You sold short for what you could have gotten.  

Not horrible, but I guess I think Denver gets a real QB Arm next year and the offense will vastly improve.  (delusional?). 

So you gave ETN + Late 2nd for 1.01? 

Solid. I like it. At worst you get a RB equal to ETN without the significant injury of ETN. 

Curious what you spent to pick ETN? 
I took him in the startup this year at 3.10

Chase went at 3.11 ####!!

I now have CMC, CEH, Stevenson, Mitchell and it is SF FFPC and the roster cudown at the end of March is a big deal for this roster.

Same here. Eagles are going to take a receiver in the first round, though, if you ask me. They've got three first rounders and need a traditional X receiver. 
It’s hard to imagine they don’t take a WR with one of those picks. Although they may just take three RBs. 

Same here. Eagles are going to take a receiver in the first round, though, if you ask me. They've got three first rounders and need a traditional X receiver. 

I don't know, I'm dubious of this happening even with 3 #1's. I say that knowing both mocks I've seen have them taking a WR so maybe it's just me but I just don't think Howie wants to spend a #1 on a WR three straight seasons.  Just think he'll look for another use for those resources.

I don't know, I'm dubious of this happening even with 3 #1's. I say that knowing both mocks I've seen have them taking a WR so maybe it's just me but I just don't think Howie wants to spend a #1 on a WR three straight seasons.  Just think he'll look for another use for those resources.
I could see not doing it for that reason. Like, enough already. A third straight year burning a #1 on a WR leaves you a bit depleted at the other positions. 

I still think they'll take an X. Reagor is just not up to snuff and I don't see them signing anybody of significance in free agency, but I'm just spitballing there. 

I am in the camp that says talented complimentary receivers make each other better, make an offense better, and really good offenses can support multiple fantasy options. I think drafting a WR high and having it pan out would be a good thing for Smith.

I am in the camp that says talented complimentary receivers make each other better, make an offense better, and really good offenses can support multiple fantasy options. I think drafting a WR high and having it pan out would be a good thing for Smith.
Fantasy people can be funny sometimes.  Some will sit around scared of drafting a JuJu or Ridley after a stud leaves and then be worried about investing in a WR due to possibility of the team adding another a WR.

I do think rockaction is correct, the Eagles could use an X, I can't say I'm worried about it if they do, could be bad, could be good. What they do or don't do at QB is more key IMO.

Fantasy people can be funny sometimes.  Some will sit around scared of drafting a JuJu or Ridley after a stud leaves and then be worried about investing in a WR due to possibility of the team adding another a WR.

I do think rockaction is correct, the Eagles could use an X, I can't say I'm worried about it if they do, could be bad, could be good. What they do or don't do at QB is more key IMO.
Would agree as well. IMO I also don’t see them holding on to all 3 picks in their current spots either. Obviously takes 2 to Tango, but they seem prime candidates for packaging 2 of those into a move up for an impact stud player and/or moving down out of one of the picks to accumulate some 2023 draft capital.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's a win for you, but you know my thoughts on Cam already.  :)

For others out there, Achilles tendon tears have fairly poor outcomes as far as NFL players go. 

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/2473011417S000314#:~:text=Results%3A 78 Achilles tendon ruptures,to play in the NFL.
We know the history of Achilles' tendon tears, but we aren't privy to any medical advances or refined surgeries. We also don't know the extent of Akers's injury because the Rams always lie. Always.

Anyway, everybody here knew of the problem returning from Achilles tendon tears. It was debated hotly in three different threads. I know you're new so you missed it, but we already hashed it out in great detail. 

Akers looks back and healed and ready to go to some of us. 

FFPC (regular)

Cam Akers

for

Devonta Smith, 2023 2nd (middle of road team), 2023 4th

I would take Smith here...between his injury and the fact I don't trust McVay not to continually add quality RBs to his stable I have no issue moving on from Akers although I do understand that comes with a risk...obviously Hurts is the big question mark as far as Smith really blowing-up but I feel confident Smith will continue to put up better numbers and be a quality WR for a lot longer than what you will get out of Akers and if Hurts improves or Philly obtains a legit passing QB Smith could be a stud...that second round pick is a nice little asset to add as well. 

Killin me because I’m likely to be in a position to take him. He’s my 2nd favorite WR in the draft. But I am very down on the Eagles passing game. 
Hurts will either improve as a passer or be replaced - maybe even mid-season if they keep Minshew around. He was exposed in the playoffs as a guy that can get a team to the playoffs but that's the ceiling right now. I don't think he reads defenses well so I do not see a big improvement coming - but they probably have to give him another season.

Hurts will either improve as a passer or be replaced - maybe even mid-season if they keep Minshew around. He was exposed in the playoffs as a guy that can get a team to the playoffs but that's the ceiling right now. I don't think he reads defenses well so I do not see a big improvement coming - but they probably have to give him another season.

Agreed...the x-factor in all this is with three first round picks the Eagles are in a prime position to draft a legit prospect while also addressing other needs...the downside of that is their will be QB controversy headaches happening as soon as that pick gets made and that can take on a life of its own, especially in a media market like Philly.

I can't figure out how anyone would make a move like this unless a guy they liked fell to 2.09 during the draft. It makes ZERO sense to make a move like that now.
I agree. I could understand making the move with the hope that the 2nd round picks end up higher than expected. But, both trades were made after our league playoffs were done and the 2022 rookie draft order was set.

The first time the owner traded the picks for a 2023 1st I was shocked. Then when he reacquired the picks and moved them for another 2023 1st, I was speechless. 

In another 12 team non-PPR dynasty, I was offered the 2022 3.04 pick for my 2023 2nd round pick. So, others are trying the same move.

Agreed...the x-factor in all this is with three first round picks the Eagles are in a prime position to draft a legit prospect while also addressing other needs...the downside of that is their will be QB controversy headaches happening as soon as that pick gets made and that can take on a life of its own, especially in a media market like Philly.
It would seem there’s already a QB controversy regardless. 💡 

In another 12 team non-PPR dynasty, I was offered the 2022 3.04 pick for my 2023 2nd round pick. So, others are trying the same move.
This is a typical equal value assessment when giving up a future pick.  Rule of thumb is one round better for current year pick.  So a 3rd in 2022 usually equates to a 2nd in 2023.  At least that is a typical rule of thumb for value purposes for most people.  

Gally said:
This is a typical equal value assessment when giving up a future pick.  Rule of thumb is one round better for current year pick.  So a 3rd in 2022 usually equates to a 2nd in 2023.  At least that is a typical rule of thumb for value purposes for most people.  
I understand that. But in my experience these types of trades occur when somebody is trying to sweeten the deal to acquire a roster player. Or when somebody is trying to acquire a draft pick during a rookie draft because one of their player targets is still available. 

I didn’t expect to see this trade offer so soon after the end of the dynasty season and with the 2022 draft class being so widely panned as weak and shallow.

I understand that. But in my experience these types of trades occur when somebody is trying to sweeten the deal to acquire a roster player. Or when somebody is trying to acquire a draft pick during a rookie draft because one of their player targets is still available. 

I didn’t expect to see this trade offer so soon after the end of the dynasty season and with the 2022 draft class being so widely panned as weak and shallow.
I feel like a lot of folks prefer the 2023 draft to the 2022. I’d happily get a 2023 2nd for a hamburger today. 

I can't figure out how anyone would make a move like this unless a guy they liked fell to 2.09 during the draft. It makes ZERO sense to make a move like that now.
Yep, those may be some of the worst trades I’ve seen posted here in a while. Not like the ones where people give away studs for peanuts but one’s that makes zero logical sense. Even in SF, late 2nds are low hit rates and often 3rd or 4th tier break level prospects in most years. The 2022 QB class is one of the weakest in years making those picks worth much less than normal too.

Every once in a while people post example trades in here of a future 1st for like the 2.03 because there is a prospect still on the board they love, but as you said makes zero sense to do that months before the draft and for 2nd’s so late in the round.

Gally said:

That is not a rule I subscribe to in fantasy...IMO unlike real football in fantasy football there is a much bigger difference between a second and a third-round pick...a third in Dynasty is a much bigger dart thru than a second and a #1 will always have a lot more value than a #2 if it is in consecutive years...as stated above the big exception is if you are on the clock and a player you really covet is unexpectedly available.

1QB PPR

Team A gives - Mac Jones and 4.11

Team B gives - D`Ernest Johnson,  Donovan Peoples-Jones and 2023 2nd (prob mid round)

That is not a rule I subscribe to in fantasy...IMO unlike real football in fantasy football there is a much bigger difference between a second and a third-round pick...a third in Dynasty is a much bigger dart thru than a second and a #1 will always have a lot more value than a #2 if it is in consecutive years...as stated above the big exception is if you are on the clock and a player you really covet is unexpectedly available.
Typically these kind of things happen when there is a player someone covets in the current year that is still available.  The minus one rule is an easy rule of thumb but every situation is different.  

What started this is an odd situation that it is happening kind of out of the blue.  My guess is the guy getting the 23 pick is buying into the narrative that 23 is going to be a much better draft than 22 and the guy getting the 22 picks is more of a bird in the hand kind of guy.  I don't necessarily think it's a bad trade on the surface just kind of an odd timing for a trade like this.  

I agree it's an odd timing.  My guess is the guy getting the 23 pick is believing the narrative that the 23 draft is much better than the 22 draft and the 22 guy is a bird in the hand kind of thinker.  

Team A trades D Hop & 2022 3rd rounder

Team B trades Hurts, Penny & J Meyers
I’ll take the Hurts/Meyers/Penny side. I think Meyers is an underrated target, probably looking at Mac Jones top or 2nd choice target for the next four plus years, Penny could of course bust but the payoff/ceiling could be really great if he can stay fit now, and Hurts will at least be a reasonable fill in QB for the points he gets with his legs, whilst he still starts games. 

1 QB PPR

Team A gives - Dak Prescott 

Team B gives - DeShaun Watson and Darnell Mooney

Free Mooney +.

Watson likely misses some time next year so understand the hassle of that but Dak's fantasy season last year was worse then any fantasy season Watson ever had and that was with a loaded supporting cast. Put another way Dak's best fantasy season other then 5 games in 2020 was about on par with Watson's worst. By every measure I can come up with Watson is a better fantasy QB then Dak and to me that's worth the wait.

Free Mooney +.

Watson likely misses some time next year so understand the hassle of that but Dak's fantasy season last year was worse then any fantasy season Watson ever had and that was with a loaded supporting cast. Put another way Dak's best fantasy season other then 5 games in 2020 was about on par with Watson's worst. By every measure I can come up with Watson is a better fantasy QB then Dak and to me that's worth the wait.
OK, great analysis of these 2 QBs. Any thoughts on where K. Murray fits in compared to Dak and Watson?

OK, great analysis of these 2 QBs. Any thoughts on where K. Murray fits in compared to Dak and Watson?
Thanks and I actually have team with Watson and Kyler and  gave some thought a few weeks ago to which one I put a higher value on. I have Kyler over Dak and closer to Watson but still think Watson is a better fantasy(and real life) QB then Kyler but the unknown and likely missed games from Watson would likely be enough to sway me to preferring Kyler. That's a close call to me but for sure the market does not agree, Kyler I assume would be considered far more valuable.

If I knew Watson was going to play week one or say week 4 I'd prefer him. Right now I'm ballparking him miss 6-8 games and realize that could be worse, not likely to be a lot better.

FFPC; 2 different league; both 1QB

trade 1: not involved

Team A gives: 1.04

Team B (league winner) gives: 2023 1st

trade 2: not involved

Team A gives: 1.06, Albert O, Gus Edwards

Team B gives: Rashod Bateman, 2023 1st (likely non playoff team and top 6)

FFPC; 2 different league; both 1QB

trade 1: not involved

Team A gives: 1.04

Team B (league winner) gives: 2023 1st

trade 2: not involved

Team A gives: 1.06, Albert O, Gus Edwards

Team B gives: Rashod Bateman, 2023 1st (likely non playoff team and top 6)
A guy gave pick 4 this year for a projected late 2023 1st??  Yeesh

That 2nd trade the guy killed it.  Bateman and a projected high future 1st all day over pick 6 this year.   You might even say he got the future 1st for free.  Or maybe Bateman for free

Users who are viewing this thread