What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

Some general observations based on the completed dynasty trades and comments over the last couple of weeks:

1.  The market value of the top four rookie picks is starting to slowly climb, (but probably won't jump until the first annual inflation spike post combine).

2.  The market  on JAX is down with both Bortles and AROB way below last year's value.

3.  The market on the SD passing game is way up with Tyrell Williams, Hunter Henry and Keenan Allen.

4.  The market for young RBs is up with Howard, Ajayi, Henry, Dixon and Perkins all having market surges.

5.  Jordan Reed joins Hunter Henry as the two TEs whose value is on the upswing.

6.  OBJ is holding onto his top market value status.  He is commanding huge offers.

7.  The absence of certain players in recent trades speaks to the uncertainty of their current value.  I am thinking about players like Gronk, Gurley, and Luck.

8.  QB seems to be the position with the least consensus about values.  (Cam for Ben?, Stafford as a throw in? Mariotta commanding multiple pieces?)

9.  Other players who seem to lack a market consensus (more than normal) are Deandre Hopkins, Alshon Jeffrey, CJ Anderson, and Brandin Cooks.

It is a bit light, but I can see the allure to adding Rawls, Fournette or Cook, and 2.02 in non ppr.
true.  i'd be tempted to get one of Fournette/Cook + more for ODB.  The RB devaluation theory a few years ago was moronic, there were just a couple years where there weren't any elite RB's.  Both Fournette and Cook are elite and those guys are super valuable.

ILUVBEER99 said:
true.  i'd be tempted to get one of Fournette/Cook + more for ODB.  The RB devaluation theory a few years ago was moronic, there were just a couple years where there weren't any elite RB's.  Both Fournette and Cook are elite and those guys are super valuable.
What percentage chance do you feel that either Fournette or Cook will actually become "stud" fantasy RBs? 

It's mostly a bad move because he SHOULD easily get more for OBJ.  This would be a bad move even if Fournette and Cook both end up in the best possible situations, which they very likely will not. 

I am also not very high on Rawls.

Last edited by a moderator:
What percentage chance do you feel that either Fournette or Cook will actually become "stud" fantasy RBs? 

It's mostly a bad move because he SHOULD easily get more for OBJ.  This would be a bad move even if Fournette and Cook both end up in the best possible situations, which they very likely will not. 

I am also not very high on Rawls.
i wouldn't give Beckham up for that offer, but it's one that could realistically be a win.  As far as % they turn out, i'd put each of Fournette and Cook as 75% or so to pan out.  If they pan out to be stud RB's they will be worth as much as Beckham straight up. So the 25% they don't is filled in by the rest of the offer.

Again, i wouldn't trade Beckham for that offer, but it's not a bad deal.

20 team PPR

Team A gets Jay Ajayi 

Team B gets Sterling Shepard, Cordelle Patterson, pick 3.3

I'll take Ajayi and it's not all that close for me.

Ajayi by a long ways

Shepard and thanks for the free throw in's.
Sorry, I'm late to this one, but I'm surprised to see such a landslide for Ajayi. I'm with menobrown. Shepard didn't explode as a rookie like many people expect rookies to do these days, but he certainly looked legit, finishing with 65 receptions and 8 TDs on a relatively bad year for the Giants offense. Unless you think he's Jarvis Landry, his crappy YPR should increase next season. I'd say he's probably got 9 seasons hovering around WR2 status, whereas Ajayi isn't particularly PPR friendly (at least not while he's on the Dolphins) and the longevity of his career as a useful fantasy asset is anyone's guess (my guess is 3 years given general durability issues plus the knee concern).

Sorry, I'm late to this one, but I'm surprised to see such a landslide for Ajayi. I'm with menobrown. Shepard didn't explode as a rookie like many people expect rookies to do these days, but he certainly looked legit, finishing with 65 receptions and 8 TDs on a relatively bad year for the Giants offense. Unless you think he's Jarvis Landry, his crappy YPR should increase next season. I'd say he's probably got 9 seasons hovering around WR2 status, whereas Ajayi isn't particularly PPR friendly (at least not while he's on the Dolphins) and the longevity of his career as a useful fantasy asset is anyone's guess (my guess is 3 years given general durability issues plus the knee concern).
Fully agree in 12 Team PPR but 20 Team PPR? If it's start 2 RBs can't take the RB side.

ghostguy123 said:
seems light for zeke, obviously
...and it could look a lot worse if the Bears add a RB in the draft or in free agency. It's probably not going to happen, but it's far from a given that the Bears won't look to upgrade. Howard performed well, but he's not some great talent - solid tough straight ahead runner.

12 team PPR start 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 flex

Give: D Lewis, J White

Get: Kelvin Benjamin

was offered KB for Sterling Shepard, which I turned down after some thought, then figured maybe he wanted to be rid of Benjamin, so I countered w/ the NE duo, which he accepted.

12 team PPR start 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 flex

Give: D Lewis, J White

Get: Kelvin Benjamin

was offered KB for Sterling Shepard, which I turned down after some thought, then figured maybe he wanted to be rid of Benjamin, so I countered w/ the NE duo, which he accepted.
Love this trade for you. I think KB is a decent buy low at this point. Getting out of the New England backfield is always a bonus as well.

FFPC not involved

Team A gives - St Shepard, Dez Bryant, 1.10

Team B gives - OBJ
Beckham even in a format with large rosters.

In FFPC, with roster spots being valuable on their own, anyone dealing two for one should be paying a premium on top of the otherwise balanced trade.  Beckham by a mile here.

If someone dare post an advice question in this forum, wouldn't it be easier and less cluttered if you simply ignore it? Seems a little extreme to have several posts calling out said post. Some of you really need to loosen up! Just ignore those posts and everyone wins. 

If someone dare post an advice question in this forum, wouldn't it be easier and less cluttered if you simply ignore it? Seems a little extreme to have several posts calling out said post. Some of you really need to loosen up! Just ignore those posts and everyone wins. 
No, because that will encourage them to continue posting here instead of the AC Forum. And the problem is, even if you ignore it, other people don't and answer the advice questions anyway, so you can waste additional time scrolling past 4-5 responses.

No, because that will encourage them to continue posting here instead of the AC Forum. And the problem is, even if you ignore it, other people don't and answer the advice questions anyway, so you can waste additional time scrolling past 4-5 responses.
Certainly wouldn't want to waste time on a fantasy football message board.

Some people genuinely don't realize that the focus of this thread is for completed trades only, especially with a different thread in this forum specifically about speculative dynasty value.  This thread title has also morphed often enough and it's currently not referencing Completed Trades so despite how incredibly easy it is to infer that, some people still aren't able to so they need to have it clearly explained.

Saw him go at 1.08 in one league, so this is ballpark.
I've missed on Baldwin the last two seasons and likely will again. Because on one hand I agree, it's ballpark. Depending on team makeup can make sense for both teams but I got a team with pick 8 that I think would qualify as contender and needs a WR, so the main criteria that would lead to this making sense to give up the picks to get Baldwin, and I'd still pass and keep the 1.8. So on one hand I think it's a fair trade, on the other hand for me I'd rather keep the picks.

FFPC

Gave: Mark Ingram, 7th round rookie pick in 17 and 18.

Got: John Brown, 3.8 and a 2018#1 from a team who did not make playoffs last year but I think the pick could literally be anywhere based on FFPC draft playoff format but for sure not a bad team.

Saw him go at 1.08 in one league, so this is ballpark.
FWIW if you're talking about the post in here that league was a superflex so a little different as the picks are worth more than in a standard league.  Still though I agree, basically in that ballpark.

FWIW if you're talking about the post in here that league was a superflex so a little different as the picks are worth more than in a standard league.  Still though I agree, basically in that ballpark.
Can't remember where I saw it, I view a lot of online trades, so I confuse where I read things.

And 1.08 - 1.10 is about what I would pay in a PPR league at this point in time. After free agency and NFL might go higher, perhaps even a 1.06.

I've missed on Baldwin the last two seasons and likely will again. Because on one hand I agree, it's ballpark. Depending on team makeup can make sense for both teams but I got a team with pick 8 that I think would qualify as contender and needs a WR, so the main criteria that would lead to this making sense to give up the picks to get Baldwin, and I'd still pass and keep the 1.8. So on one hand I think it's a fair trade, on the other hand for me I'd rather keep the picks.
If I'm a contender I easily give up 1.8 for Baldwin. The chance that the player at 1.8 scores close to what Baldwin will the first year or two isn't that good. I'm also a player that doesn't value draft picks as high because I'd rather have a player that's shown he's going to for sure produce. I would say the price is about right tho since if I'm rebuilding I also would trade Baldwin for the 1.8

10 team Dynasty PPR:

Gave: Jimmy Graham

Got: Jordan Reed
I like Reed better this year, as well as overall.  I guess the concussion issues mean we can't count on Reed having the much longer "career remaining" that his age projects, but looks like you managed to find an overreacting owner to make your team both younger and better simultaneously, which is always worth capitalizing on.

H O R R E N D O U S
I'd take Reed side easily as well and just hope for the best but it amazes me how people change their view so quickly on players, and I'm not talking about you specifically. But every time Reed gets a concussion his value will take a major drop and every time he gets back on the field and looks healthy most people will forget the concussions.

I think about this because of all the hand wringing on these boards  and for that matter nationally when he got concussed last season. Lost count of how many people wondering if he was done. It's as if everyone forgot he missed games the previous year as well and something I argued till I was sick of it in the Reed thread, that what makes people think concussion #7 is the end just based on the number? What makes #7 the magic number versus say #6 he had the previous season?

So back to this trade. When he was concussed last season someone in a FFPC league I'm not in was offered Reed+ Matt Jones(when he was still starting) + a third round pick for Graham. They asked me my thoughts on the trade and I said something similar to what Arodin said. I would not look at Reed with expectation of a long career, meaning being a few years younger than Graham is not the bonus to his value I would normally put on it but I'd still accept the offer. I think he said no an held Graham.

I traded Reed for rookie pick 1.2, FFPC league, a few weeks ago. I read someone in this thread comment that Reed's value is up which is odd to me because while he was outstanding last season he did get another concussion, another ancillary injury and his PPG while still strong was outstanding but less than the previous season.  But the same league I got 1.2 for him I paid 1.5 for him in a weaker draft last year and I know for certain he was offered to teams picking 2-4. So a year older, another concussion, another injury, minor dip in PPG and his value went up?

Should be a lesson here any Gronk owners that might be looking to move him. Wait. Once he gets back on the field and is Gronking everyone will forget about the back surgery and injuries and that's when it's time to move, if you don't get seduced back in to keeping him. I own Reed a lot and found myself in similar spot last season. I had told myself that when the time is right move him while his strong play is all anyone thinks about but when push came to shove I could not let him go but as evidenced by my trade of him for 1.2 I'm trying to not make the same mistake if the right offer comes along. But with all due respect to Reed, so long as he's healthy I think he's the best pass catching TE in the NFL.

3 year contract lg. 0.5ppr

Gave Brees, Julio, Burkhead, 2.3, and 4.8

Received Luck, Lat. Murray, Robby Anderson, Edelman, 2.2, and 2.9

3 year contract lg. 0.5ppr

Gave Brees, Julio, Burkhead, 2.3, and 4.8

Received Luck, Lat. Murray, Robby Anderson, Edelman, 2.2, and 2.9
That looks really, really bad.  As the other guys said, we probably do not have enough info. 

No idea why people post trades without all the info.  So worthless. 

14 team PPR with slightly QB heavy scoring.

Gave: Julio

Got: Wentz, Treadwell, 1.01 rookie pick, 1.09 rookie pick

This is a dev league, so a lot of the top rookies are gone (Fournette, JuJu, Cook, Freeman, Perine, C Davis, M Williams, McCaffrey, Howard, and others all taken).

14 team PPR with slightly QB heavy scoring.

Gave: Julio

Got: Wentz, Treadwell, 1.01 rookie pick, 1.09 rookie pick

This is a dev league, so a lot of the top rookies are gone (Fournette, JuJu, Cook, Freeman, Perine, C Davis, M Williams, McCaffrey, Howard, and others all taken).
Gotta say if all the top rookies are gone, id rather have Julio

Gotta say if all the top rookies are gone, id rather have Julio
That makes sense. Ross is still out there and could be an option, but I will probably be taking Mixon as long as he's picked somewhat high. I think he's the real deal. He can do everything like LeVeon Bell and Zeke Elliott. I understand the off-field stuff, but to me one incidence of violence isn't indicative of a pattern like you see with the substance abuse guys (i.e. Blackmon, Gordon, M Bryant).

I probably could've asked for more for Julio and probably should've, but Treadwell/Wentz/1.09 help offset some of the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread