What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

That's not how this works. I'm not throwing out multiple terrible offers to every team in the leagu e every single week hoping someone takes one. Thats actually kind of a ####ty thing to do. We don't know if the owner put DJ on the block or if someone threw something at the wall and the DJ owner took the first offer he got. No context here so you're dead wrong. 
No one said they had to be terrible, and since there was no context you have no idea who is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
:wall:

Trade Summary:
* Worcester Hawks gets: Mike Evans WR TB, LeSean McCoy RB BUF

* Don's Dogs gets: 2020 2nd round pick, 2020 3rd round pick, 2018 1st round pick, 2019 4th round pick, 2019 5th round pick, 2018 2nd round pick, 2018 3rd round pick, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 5th round pick
Let's see how this goes over ...

If I was in that league I'd be really upset at myself for not making an offer to Don's Dogs before that deal went down.

12 team 1.5 TE PPR FFPC league

Shaheen, Adam (TE), CHI
2018 2nd Round Draft Pick

for

Thomas, Demaryius (WR), DEN

-----------------------------------------------------------

I offered this guy my future 2018 1st and 2nd round picks for DT and his 2018 3rd round pick he turned that down so he could accept this one

Shaheen, Adam (TE), CHI

for

I offered this guy my future 2018 1st and 2nd round picks for DT and his 2018 3rd round pick he turned that down so he could accept this one
I'd take DT easliy in the first deal, and I would take the first and second in your deal.

Dez said:

Shaheen, Adam (TE), CHI

for

:X

Dez said:

Shaheen, Adam (TE), CHI

for

Where are those picks projected? 

This is effectively:

Team A gets Shaheen and 3rd
Team A gives 2018 1st

I don't think that's a stretch at all, in particular if that 1st is late and 3rd is early.  In a TE premium format?  I don't see your offer being all that much better.

Where are those picks projected? 

This is effectively:

Team A gets Shaheen and 3rd
Team A gives 2018 1st

I don't think that's a stretch at all, in particular if that 1st is late and 3rd is early.  In a TE premium format?  I don't see your offer being all that much better.
Shaheen was a 3rd/4th round rookie pick and has done nothing to increase his value.  1st > 2nd > 3rd = Shaheen

Shaheen was a 3rd/4th round rookie pick and has done nothing to increase his value.  1st > 2nd > 3rd = Shaheen
He was a 2nd round pick in 4 of my leagues and 3.03 in another, and 1.5 TE PPR puts a big premium on the position.  But fair enough, those are IDP leagues so the drop from late 1 to early 3 is probably more significant in FPPC leagues that aren't IDP bolstered.

12 team FFPC PPR 1.5 TE here is a beauty from Sunday

Randall Cobb

for

4th and 5th 2018 picks

:wall:

Trade Summary:
* Worcester Hawks gets: Mike Evans WR TB, LeSean McCoy RB BUF

* Don's Dogs gets: 2020 2nd round pick, 2020 3rd round pick, 2018 1st round pick, 2019 4th round pick, 2019 5th round pick, 2018 2nd round pick, 2018 3rd round pick, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 5th round pick
unbelievable

ETA: You could make a legitimate argument that McCoy alone is worth those picks.

This trade didn't actually happen ...but was so very very close to going through, thought it still might be informational. Neither owner felt great about it  and one side eventually passed  

12 team dynasty start QRRWWWTKD

Team A gets Mike Williams, Marlon Mack, 1st/18 

Team B gets Antonio Brown, 3rd/18

team A is not terrible but unlikely playoff team stung by Luck injury and no good RBs to speak of.  

Team B is title contender  
Yeah, I'm sure Team B felt terrible about it.

No one said they had to be terrible, and since there was no context you have no idea who is wrong.
This is something I've found somewhat amusing in this thread over time.  For some of these trades, you get the "That person could have gotten more from me if he'd asked!" type of comment.  I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm talking trade with a team, I take the trade if/when I get what I want.  I would be pretty pissed if I negotiated a trade with another owner and he then said, "Love this deal.  Now let me shop it to see if I can do better."

Traded Eli Manning for Tyrod Taylor

Both are backups (to Mariota and Russell Wilson). Simply a bye week saving trade.

Yeah, I honestly don't think it's a bad trade--I could see either guy providing more career VBD from this point forward--but Jeffrey's market value warrants a part in addition to Thielen. 
I agree. I think I would actually prefer Thielen, but if I owned Jeffrey, I'd try to hold out for a bit more.

I agree. I think I would actually prefer Thielen, but if I owned Jeffrey, I'd try to hold out for a bit more.
I love Thielen (I'm a Vikes homer) but with Treadwell and Floyd there, Diggs, uncertainty at QB...

Jeffrey has Wentz in theory for years to come and he's their top WR. 

This one just went down in 12 team ppr; start 1 qb, 1-3 rb, 2-4 wr, 1-3 te, d - not involved.

Team A gets: Kareem Hunt and Pierre Garcon

Team B gets: David Johnson, Nelson Agholar and Paul Richardson

Spike said:
This is something I've found somewhat amusing in this thread over time.  For some of these trades, you get the "That person could have gotten more from me if he'd asked!" type of comment.  I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm talking trade with a team, I take the trade if/when I get what I want.  I would be pretty pissed if I negotiated a trade with another owner and he then said, "Love this deal.  Now let me shop it to see if I can do better."
I don't think that's what people are suggesting.  Instead he should be saying "this is the first offer I have and while I think it's fine, I'm going to hold off and see if I can find something else that helps me more". 

Even better, while he's talking to you he should making offers to other teams approximating the value you've offered him + some %.  For example I had a guy offering me a 2nd+ for Thielen+ in pre-season so I immediately offered Thielen to a couple of other guys for a 2nd + FAAB or Thielen + my 2018 2nd for his 2018 1st, or Thielen for a 2nd and a taxi guy I liked.  None accepted, but while I was working the deal with the first guy I was out there seeing if I could do better.  Once the deal is agreed upon, sure, you don't keep going with other owners, but up until the offer is agreed upon, it's fair game.

That's not how this works. I'm not throwing out multiple terrible offers to every team in the leagu e every single week hoping someone takes one. Thats actually kind of a ####ty thing to do. We don't know if the owner put DJ on the block or if someone threw something at the wall and the DJ owner took the first offer he got. No context here so you're dead wrong. 
You don't have to do that, but you should (and I do, regularly) touch base with guys and say "hey, if you're ever looking to move your stud DJ/Evans/AB/whatever hit me up, I'm always willing to put a pretty generous offer out there".  At least one in pre-season and again as their records start to hit the tank.  You never know when a 1-2 owner is going to just decide to fold up 2017 and "get young" so they can concentrate on other leagues or college football or baseball playoffs or their kids' fall sports or whatever.

It can be real simple.  What I do is send them an offer of their Mike Evans for nothing with a note in the comments "I'm interested if you're shopping him".  It's not obtrusive, it's super quick, and it lets them know you're interested.  And by offering nothing you're not leading with your chin but more importantly you aren't lowballing and offending them since it should be obvious you're not expecting him to just give you Mike Evans.

Just cashed out Carson in 2 leagues, both PPR:

1) Gave Carson and a 2018 2nd (late) for Cohen and a 3rd

2) Gave Carson, Got K.Benjamin

Pretty happy with both.  The league where I got Benjamin, I have enough depth where I can wait for Cam to get fully healthy, even if its not till next year...

This one just went down in 12 team ppr; start 1 qb, 1-3 rb, 2-4 wr, 1-3 te, d - not involved.

Team A gets: Kareem Hunt and Pierre Garcon

Team B gets: David Johnson, Nelson Agholar and Paul Richardson
I'd take Hunt. He's younger, in a better offense and can't be stopped right now. Garçon is solid in PPR. 

Pretty happy with both.  The league where I got Benjamin, I have enough depth where I can wait for Cam to get fully healthy, even if its not till next year...
I think I like Carson over Cohen straight up personally, so Id take the other side in the first one and get the player I prefer and the earlier pick.

Getting Benjamin in the second one seems like better value to me.

Not a fan of the 1st trade at all 

The picks don't move the needle at all, talking a few spots more likely between the 2.  And I think Cohen is much, much safer than Carson in a PPR league.  Pretty easy for me...
Cohen may be safer but his upside is basically Darren Sproles/Danny Woodhead.  Carson has much higher upside to me.  

16 team PPR dynasty with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 2 flex

Traded: Bilal Powell

Received: Larry Fitzgerald 

Team getting Powell just lost Montgomery and only really has Lynch, Blount, and Vereen. I have LeSean McCoy, Abdullah, Riddick, and D'Onta Foreman at RB still. 

Makes my starting RB/WRs/flex: McCoy, Abdullah, Odell, AJ Green, TY Hilton, Larry Fitzgerald, and Pierre Garçon. 

I like both trades for you and I am one who likes Cohen more than Carson  but on that deal I'd have probably told the other owner we do it straight up or I'm out, no second for your third.

I love Thielen (I'm a Vikes homer) but with Treadwell and Floyd there, Diggs, uncertainty at QB...

Jeffrey has Wentz in theory for years to come and he's their top WR. 
Jeffrey is a FA this offseason.  No confidence he will stay with Wentz even one more year.

Cohen may be safer but his upside is basically Darren Sproles/Danny Woodhead.  Carson has much higher upside to me.  
Carson probably does have higher upside but Cohen is much safer.  How many guys like Carson have we seen come in, be the 'hot' pickup and flame out pretty quickly.  You only have to look at his team to find one (Rawls).  Of course, time will tell if I was right or wrong.  And I expect Carson to have a good game Sunday night given the opponent...

I like both trades for you and I am one who likes Cohen more than Carson  but on that deal I'd have probably told the other owner we do it straight up or I'm out, no second for your third.
The pick swap wasn't a big enough of a gap to make me hesitate on the deal

12 TM PPR QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE

Gave: D Murray 

Got: 2 2018 1sts (Both late and one is mine)

I was hesitant to do this, but felt it was good value even though I'm a contender. Also felt my at RB and WR depth helped me decide.

My RBs:Bell, Hunt, Gurley, Kamara, Foreman

My WR: Brown, Julio, AJG, Hopkins

12 TM PPR QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE

Gave: D Murray 

Got: 2 2018 1sts (Both late and one is mine)

I was hesitant to do this, but felt it was good value even though I'm a contender. Also felt my at RB and WR depth helped me decide.

My RBs:Bell, Hunt, Gurley, Kamara, Foreman

My WR: Brown, Julio, AJG, Hopkins
I'd have liked  this trade for you in a vacuum but a no brainer with those RB's.

16 team 1.5 TE PPR

Gave Cutler

Got John Ross

Still own Palmer and Kizer QB's tough to come by in 16 QB leagues but had to take a chance on Ross

16 Team 1PPR

Team A: 2018 1st, 2nd, Paul Richardson

Team B: Melvin Gordon

The 1st/2nd is projected to be early, but could end up mid-pack if Luck comes back (Luck/Watson, Melvin/Mixon/Kamara, Watkins/Hilton/Diggs/MWilliams, Ebron). I would need a lot of 'ifs' to go my way with Luck/Hilton/Watkins/Diggs/Ebron/Rookies.

16 Team 1PPR

Team A: 2018 1st, 2nd, Paul Richardson

Team B: Melvin Gordon

The 1st/2nd is projected to be early, but could end up mid-pack if Luck comes back (Luck/Watson, Melvin/Mixon/Kamara, Watkins/Hilton/Diggs/MWilliams, Ebron). I would need a lot of 'ifs' to go my way with Luck/Hilton/Watkins/Diggs/Ebron/Rookies.
I am fine with Gordon here but prefer the other side if it's top 2

I am fine with Gordon here but prefer the other side if it's top 2
The picks are mine. I have been rebuilding the last two years so they have been 1.03 and 1.04, but think my team is getting closer. It's a 16 teamer so there aren't many powerhouses, and I at least like the young core of:

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: Melvin Gordon

RB: Joe Mixon - Alvin Kamara

WR: TY Hilton

WR: Sammy Watkins

WR: Stefon Diggs - Mike Williams

TE: Eric Ebron

I still have a 1/1/2/2/3/3/3, and one of the 1sts is the early front runner for the Barkley/1.01 sweepstakes. If my 1st ends up being 1.03-1.10, I'll be happy with Gordon

The picks are mine. I have been rebuilding the last two years so they have been 1.03 and 1.04, but think my team is getting closer. It's a 16 teamer so there aren't many powerhouses, and I at least like the young core of:

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: Melvin Gordon

RB: Joe Mixon - Alvin Kamara

WR: TY Hilton

WR: Sammy Watkins

WR: Stefon Diggs - Mike Williams

TE: Eric Ebron

I still have a 1/1/2/2/3/3/3, and one of the 1sts is the early front runner for the Barkley/1.01 sweepstakes. If my 1st ends up being 1.03-1.10, I'll be happy with Gordon
As long as you stay healthy and get Luck back your pick should be on the late side

ghostguy123 said:
Putrid deal for the other guy.  Just dumb.
This would have held true if the deal was made before LAST season, if it had been known how well Murray was going to do last season.

Users who are viewing this thread