Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

2 minutes ago, Fruitbat said:

This trade didn't actually happen ...but was so very very close to going through, thought it still might be informational. Neither owner felt great about it  and one side eventually passed  

12 team dynasty start QRRWWWTKD

Team A gets Mike Williams, Marlon Mack, 1st/18 

Team B gets Antonio Brown, 3rd/18

team A is not terrible but unlikely playoff team stung by Luck injury and no good RBs to speak of.  

Team B is title contender  

Going to take a wild guess that it was the owner of Team A that decided to "eventually pass."

I would be surprised if "eventually" was longer than 4.5 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Replies 33.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

Team A I think was looking at this as a mini rebuilding opportunity. He's pretty thin with picks in coming years. Browns 2017 season is worthless to him at this point, Brown is turning 30 and Bens age is a factor. His best RBs are Lamar Miller and Rex Chapman. Add RB Mack, plus pick up another 1st in the Barkley sweeps. and of course Williams

Team Bs motivation is obvious. 

Just was interesting to me...maybe no so much to others :)

15 minutes ago, Fruitbat said:

Team A I think was looking at this as a mini rebuilding opportunity. He's pretty thin with picks in coming years. Browns 2017 season is worthless to him at this point, Brown is turning 30 and Bens age is a factor. His best RBs are Lamar Miller and Rex Chapman. Add RB Mack, plus pick up another 1st in the Barkley sweeps. and of course Williams

Team A could get about 4x that much, unless you love Williams or Mack... 

1 hour ago, Fruitbat said:

Trading Antonio makes sense. But get more.

On 9/19/2017 at 6:28 PM, msudaisy26 said:

If it is so bad then you should have offered something better, shouldn't have been to hard to beat. 

That's not how this works. I'm not throwing out multiple terrible offers to every team in the leagu e every single week hoping someone takes one. Thats actually kind of a ####ty thing to do. We don't know if the owner put DJ on the block or if someone threw something at the wall and the DJ owner took the first offer he got. No context here so you're dead wrong. 

6 hours ago, Sebowski said:

That's not how this works. I'm not throwing out multiple terrible offers to every team in the leagu e every single week hoping someone takes one. Thats actually kind of a ####ty thing to do. We don't know if the owner put DJ on the block or if someone threw something at the wall and the DJ owner took the first offer he got. No context here so you're dead wrong. 

No one said they had to be terrible, and since there was no context you have no idea who is wrong.

Edited by msudaisy26
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, -OZ- said:

:wall:

Trade Summary:
* Worcester Hawks gets: Mike Evans WR TB, LeSean McCoy RB BUF

* Don's Dogs gets: 2020 2nd round pick, 2020 3rd round pick, 2018 1st round pick, 2019 4th round pick, 2019 5th round pick, 2018 2nd round pick, 2018 3rd round pick, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 5th round pick

Let's see how this goes over ...

If I was in that league I'd be really upset at myself for not making an offer to Don's Dogs before that deal went down.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wakelawyer said:

Let's see how this goes over ...

If I was in that league I'd be really upset at myself for not making an offer to Don's Dogs before that deal went down.

Or you know, just be frustrated for a minute vent for a second and get over it.

12 team 1.5 TE PPR FFPC league

Shaheen, Adam (TE), CHI
2018 2nd Round Draft Pick

for

Thomas, Demaryius (WR), DEN

-----------------------------------------------------------

I offered this guy my future 2018 1st and 2nd round picks for DT and his 2018 3rd round pick he turned that down so he could accept this one

Edited by Dez
8 minutes ago, Dez said:

Shaheen, Adam (TE), CHI

for

I offered this guy my future 2018 1st and 2nd round picks for DT and his 2018 3rd round pick he turned that down so he could accept this one

I'd take DT easliy in the first deal, and I would take the first and second in your deal.

44 minutes ago, Dez said:

Shaheen, Adam (TE), CHI

for

:X

1 hour ago, Dez said:

Shaheen, Adam (TE), CHI

for

Where are those picks projected? 

This is effectively:

Team A gets Shaheen and 3rd
Team A gives 2018 1st

I don't think that's a stretch at all, in particular if that 1st is late and 3rd is early.  In a TE premium format?  I don't see your offer being all that much better.

5 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Where are those picks projected? 

This is effectively:

Team A gets Shaheen and 3rd
Team A gives 2018 1st

I don't think that's a stretch at all, in particular if that 1st is late and 3rd is early.  In a TE premium format?  I don't see your offer being all that much better.

Shaheen was a 3rd/4th round rookie pick and has done nothing to increase his value.  1st > 2nd > 3rd = Shaheen

Edited by Concept Coop
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Shaheen was a 3rd/4th round rookie pick and has done nothing to increase his value.  1st > 2nd > 3rd = Shaheen

He was a 2nd round pick in 4 of my leagues and 3.03 in another, and 1.5 TE PPR puts a big premium on the position.  But fair enough, those are IDP leagues so the drop from late 1 to early 3 is probably more significant in FPPC leagues that aren't IDP bolstered.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:01 AM, -OZ- said:

:wall:

Trade Summary:
* Worcester Hawks gets: Mike Evans WR TB, LeSean McCoy RB BUF

* Don's Dogs gets: 2020 2nd round pick, 2020 3rd round pick, 2018 1st round pick, 2019 4th round pick, 2019 5th round pick, 2018 2nd round pick, 2018 3rd round pick, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 5th round pick

unbelievable

ETA: You could make a legitimate argument that McCoy alone is worth those picks.

Edited by Dr. Octopus
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, Fruitbat said:

This trade didn't actually happen ...but was so very very close to going through, thought it still might be informational. Neither owner felt great about it  and one side eventually passed  

12 team dynasty start QRRWWWTKD

Team A gets Mike Williams, Marlon Mack, 1st/18 

Team B gets Antonio Brown, 3rd/18

team A is not terrible but unlikely playoff team stung by Luck injury and no good RBs to speak of.  

Team B is title contender  

Yeah, I'm sure Team B felt terrible about it.

• Like 1
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:47 AM, msudaisy26 said:

No one said they had to be terrible, and since there was no context you have no idea who is wrong.

This is something I've found somewhat amusing in this thread over time.  For some of these trades, you get the "That person could have gotten more from me if he'd asked!" type of comment.  I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm talking trade with a team, I take the trade if/when I get what I want.  I would be pretty pissed if I negotiated a trade with another owner and he then said, "Love this deal.  Now let me shop it to see if I can do better."

9 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Yeah, I honestly don't think it's a bad trade--I could see either guy providing more career VBD from this point forward--but Jeffrey's market value warrants a part in addition to Thielen. 

I agree. I think I would actually prefer Thielen, but if I owned Jeffrey, I'd try to hold out for a bit more.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kutta said:

I agree. I think I would actually prefer Thielen, but if I owned Jeffrey, I'd try to hold out for a bit more.

I love Thielen (I'm a Vikes homer) but with Treadwell and Floyd there, Diggs, uncertainty at QB...

Jeffrey has Wentz in theory for years to come and he's their top WR. 

24 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

I love Thielen (I'm a Vikes homer) but with Treadwell and Floyd there, Diggs, uncertainty at QB...

Floyd and Treadwell do not move the needle for Thielen one bit

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, garlicduck said:

This one just went down in 12 team ppr; start 1 qb, 1-3 rb, 2-4 wr, 1-3 te, d - not involved.

Team A gets: Kareem Hunt and Pierre Garcon

Team B gets: David Johnson, Nelson Agholar and Paul Richardson

DJ

2 hours ago, Spike said:

This is something I've found somewhat amusing in this thread over time.  For some of these trades, you get the "That person could have gotten more from me if he'd asked!" type of comment.  I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm talking trade with a team, I take the trade if/when I get what I want.  I would be pretty pissed if I negotiated a trade with another owner and he then said, "Love this deal.  Now let me shop it to see if I can do better."

I don't think that's what people are suggesting.  Instead he should be saying "this is the first offer I have and while I think it's fine, I'm going to hold off and see if I can find something else that helps me more". 

Even better, while he's talking to you he should making offers to other teams approximating the value you've offered him + some %.  For example I had a guy offering me a 2nd+ for Thielen+ in pre-season so I immediately offered Thielen to a couple of other guys for a 2nd + FAAB or Thielen + my 2018 2nd for his 2018 1st, or Thielen for a 2nd and a taxi guy I liked.  None accepted, but while I was working the deal with the first guy I was out there seeing if I could do better.  Once the deal is agreed upon, sure, you don't keep going with other owners, but up until the offer is agreed upon, it's fair game.

On 9/27/2017 at 11:27 PM, Sebowski said:

You don't have to do that, but you should (and I do, regularly) touch base with guys and say "hey, if you're ever looking to move your stud DJ/Evans/AB/whatever hit me up, I'm always willing to put a pretty generous offer out there".  At least one in pre-season and again as their records start to hit the tank.  You never know when a 1-2 owner is going to just decide to fold up 2017 and "get young" so they can concentrate on other leagues or college football or baseball playoffs or their kids' fall sports or whatever.

It can be real simple.  What I do is send them an offer of their Mike Evans for nothing with a note in the comments "I'm interested if you're shopping him".  It's not obtrusive, it's super quick, and it lets them know you're interested.  And by offering nothing you're not leading with your chin but more importantly you aren't lowballing and offending them since it should be obvious you're not expecting him to just give you Mike Evans.

Just cashed out Carson in 2 leagues, both PPR:

1) Gave Carson and a 2018 2nd (late) for Cohen and a 3rd

2) Gave Carson, Got K.Benjamin

Pretty happy with both.  The league where I got Benjamin, I have enough depth where I can wait for Cam to get fully healthy, even if its not till next year...

3 hours ago, garlicduck said:

This one just went down in 12 team ppr; start 1 qb, 1-3 rb, 2-4 wr, 1-3 te, d - not involved.

Team A gets: Kareem Hunt and Pierre Garcon

Team B gets: David Johnson, Nelson Agholar and Paul Richardson

I'd take Hunt. He's younger, in a better offense and can't be stopped right now. Garçon is solid in PPR. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sitch said:

Pretty happy with both.  The league where I got Benjamin, I have enough depth where I can wait for Cam to get fully healthy, even if its not till next year...

I think I like Carson over Cohen straight up personally, so Id take the other side in the first one and get the player I prefer and the earlier pick.

Getting Benjamin in the second one seems like better value to me.

3 hours ago, Sitch said:

Not a fan of the 1st trade at all 

1 hour ago, Raback said:

Not a fan of the 1st trade at all 

The picks don't move the needle at all, talking a few spots more likely between the 2.  And I think Cohen is much, much safer than Carson in a PPR league.  Pretty easy for me...

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Sitch said:

The picks don't move the needle at all, talking a few spots more likely between the 2.  And I think Cohen is much, much safer than Carson in a PPR league.  Pretty easy for me...

Cohen may be safer but his upside is basically Darren Sproles/Danny Woodhead.  Carson has much higher upside to me.  

16 team PPR dynasty with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 2 flex

Traded: Bilal Powell

Received: Larry Fitzgerald 

Team getting Powell just lost Montgomery and only really has Lynch, Blount, and Vereen. I have LeSean McCoy, Abdullah, Riddick, and D'Onta Foreman at RB still. 

Makes my starting RB/WRs/flex: McCoy, Abdullah, Odell, AJ Green, TY Hilton, Larry Fitzgerald, and Pierre Garçon. 

6 hours ago, Sitch said:

I like both trades for you and I am one who likes Cohen more than Carson  but on that deal I'd have probably told the other owner we do it straight up or I'm out, no second for your third.

12 hours ago, mr roboto said:

Jeffrey is a FA this offseason.  No confidence he will stay with Wentz even one more year.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BearsFan4Life said:

14 Team . . No ppr

Picked up Aaron Jones Thurs. night, then Friday ...

Gave Jones

Got 2018 2nd Round Pick .. #15 to 20

Very nice flip. Monty's injury is reportedly less serious than initially thought. Even without that I'm a fan of flipping for the 2nd

11 hours ago, Raback said:

Cohen may be safer but his upside is basically Darren Sproles/Danny Woodhead.  Carson has much higher upside to me.  

Carson probably does have higher upside but Cohen is much safer.  How many guys like Carson have we seen come in, be the 'hot' pickup and flame out pretty quickly.  You only have to look at his team to find one (Rawls).  Of course, time will tell if I was right or wrong.  And I expect Carson to have a good game Sunday night given the opponent...

11 hours ago, menobrown said:

I like both trades for you and I am one who likes Cohen more than Carson  but on that deal I'd have probably told the other owner we do it straight up or I'm out, no second for your third.

The pick swap wasn't a big enough of a gap to make me hesitate on the deal

12 TM PPR QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE

Gave: D Murray 

Got: 2 2018 1sts (Both late and one is mine)

I was hesitant to do this, but felt it was good value even though I'm a contender. Also felt my at RB and WR depth helped me decide.

My RBs:Bell, Hunt, Gurley, Kamara, Foreman

My WR: Brown, Julio, AJG, Hopkins

Edited by kyter1
1 minute ago, kyter1 said:

I was hesitant to do this, but felt it was good value even though I'm a contender. Also felt my at RB and WR depth helped me decide.

I'd have liked  this trade for you in a vacuum but a no brainer with those RB's.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, kyter1 said:

Putrid deal for the other guy.  Just dumb.

• Like 4
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****