What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (26 Viewers)

That's a lot to give but if you are generally picking late I can live with it. I view it as an overpay but I also prefer to sell picks for established players when I can find the right deal.
I'm always trading picks away. It's seemed to work pretty well so far. This is year 12 and in the first 11 years I made the championship 7 times and won 5 of them. Pretty lucky I guess. I Target players and I go after them. I usually over pay probably. You don't want to know what I gave for Luck.

Curious if you tried shopping Luck in that league or what kind of response you got. I'm in a similar situation in a 16 team league where I had Luck and Palmer. Traded a 3rd to get Josh McCown after the best offer I had was trading Luck for Carr straight up. Was a bit torn on the deal but I'm just not a big believer in Carr as a top talent. 
Not really. I offered my 1st next year and Luck for Wentz and didn't get a response. I'm curious as to Luck's value too.

A couple of trades that went down in a 12 Team PPR/PPC league

Team A got TY Hilton

Team B got Alshon Jeffrey

------

Team C got Doug Martin, Desean Jackson

Team D got Mike Williams, 2018 1st rounder (mid to late)

-------

Team E got DT

Team F got Golloday, Gathers, 2018 2nd (early)

-------

More deals just PPR

Team G got J Howard

Team H got B Cooks

-------

Team I got Mike Thomas, 3 2018 3rd rounders

Team J got Landry, Cobb, 2018 1st (probably top 5)

Team A got TY Hilton

------

-------

Team E got DT

-------

More deals just PPR

Team G got J Howard

Team H got B Cooks

-------

Desperate at QB with Luck, Bradford, and Palmer on the shelf and only Hundley on my taxi squad. WW features Stanton and Moore and that's it. 

Offered 2018 and 2019 1sts for Wentz. Turned down. Same for Dak. Turned down. Same for Carr. Accepted. Might be an over pay but hopefully Luck comes back and I can maybe recoup something later.
This seems like an odd move to me given that your QB problems are just temporary.  I think I would have much rather gone after a Brady/Brees type to get you through the season, paid less, gotten better production (Carr is pretty meh in the short-term), and then see how Luck looks next year.

Worse, much of Carr's value that you paid for is his future prospects.  In the here and now he's a pretty mediocre fantasy QB, scoring at about the same pace as Josh McCown who obviously could have been had a whole lot cheaper.  Carr is mostly a long-term prospect so he doesn't make much sense to me as a short-term fill-in.

Of course if he pans out and becomes an elite QB I'm sure you can get that value back, but that seems like far from a given.

Some recent FFPC trades (1.5 ppr for TE)

Team A receives:  Brady/Hyde/Jax Defense
Team B receives:  Brees/Jeffery/Shepard/NO Defense

Team A receives:  K. Benjamin/Jax Defense
Team B receives:  D. Adams/Car Defense

Team A receives:  Brees/D. Bryant
Team B receives:  Luck/D. Adams

FreeBaGeL said:
This seems like an odd move to me given that your QB problems are just temporary.  I think I would have much rather gone after a Brady/Brees type to get you through the season, paid less, gotten better production (Carr is pretty meh in the short-term), and then see how Luck looks next year.

Worse, much of Carr's value that you paid for is his future prospects.  In the here and now he's a pretty mediocre fantasy QB, scoring at about the same pace as Josh McCown who obviously could have been had a whole lot cheaper.  Carr is mostly a long-term prospect so he doesn't make much sense to me as a short-term fill-in.

Of course if he pans out and becomes an elite QB I'm sure you can get that value back, but that seems like far from a given.
Appreciate the feedback. Not sure he'll be top 5 but I like the gunslinger mentality. I thought about a shorter term solution but who is to say Luck comes back right or If any of my others due either. Wentz was my first choice, just wasn't going to be made available.

Matt's Eagles said:

Team A got TY Hilton

------

-------

Team E got DT

-------

More deals just PPR

Team G got J Howard

Team H got B Cooks

-------

Hilton

Williams/pick landslide 

DT landslide

Cooks

Landry/Cobb/top 5 pick

Team A got Gronk, Gostkowski, Harrison Smith.

Team B got Graham, Bailey, 2018 late 1st.

Defense scores about 1/3 of total pts. 

10-team PPR Best Ball league.  League has big rosters, deep benches, and is full IDP.  

I am desperate at WR. 

Gave:  2018 2nd (likely mid-late) + 2018 6th

Got: Chris Hogan + Terrelle Pryor

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave: 2 1sts, my own (most likely late) and a likely top 4.

Got: Wilson 

Superflex and Arod down is killing me with only Stafford and Keenum at qb. Will have Arod and Wilson now for next 6 years. 

12  team ppr QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / TE / FL

Team A gave up Taylor, Trent SFO WR; Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team C (late); Year 2018 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team C

Team B gave up Seferian-Jenkins, Austin NYJ TE

10-team PPR Best Ball league.  League has big rosters, deep benches, and is full IDP.  

I am desperate at WR. 

Gave:  2018 2nd (likely mid-late) + 2018 6th

Got: Chris Hogan + Terrelle Pryor
Pryor for free.  Heck Hogan alone for a mid-late 2nd is a steal.

12 team PPR QRRWWTFFDK

Team A gave : Mixon, Duke

Team B gave : Tyreek, 2018 1st & 3rd 

Hard to say where that 1st will fall. That team is not very strong but would be in playoffs if season ended today. Also, the 1.01 goes to the WINNER of the toilet bowl, so non playoff teams still need to be competitive.

12 team PPR QRRWWTFFDK

Team A gave : Mixon, Duke

Team B gave : Tyreek, 2018 1st & 3rd 

Hard to say where that 1st will fall. That team is not very strong but would be in playoffs if season ended today. Also, the 1.01 goes to the WINNER of the toilet bowl, so non playoff teams still need to be competitive.
Mixon but fair, and risky given how the draft order is decided.  Always interesting in those kind of leagues because those solid borderline playoff teams can have such a wild variation in where their rookie pick falls, and if they miss the playoffs they become the favorite for the 1.01.

If it ends up 1.01 then it's that side in a landslide.  If it ends up being a playoff team then Mixon side wins fairly handily.

Mixon but fair, and risky given how the draft order is decided.  Always interesting in those kind of leagues because those solid borderline playoff teams can have such a wild variation in where their rookie pick falls, and if they miss the playoffs they become the favorite for the 1.01.

If it ends up 1.01 then it's that side in a landslide.  If it ends up being a playoff team then Mixon side wins fairly handily.
Yeah that's how I felt. Early playoff exit for 1.07 or 1.08 might make it a wash. I like this setup as it discourages tanking. I hate the concept of tanking in the first place.

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Sammy, Doctson

Got: Landry, Crowder

Needed to shore up WR3 and while I hated to give up the potential in these 2 guys Infelt like it was time to cash out of Sammy at this point.

Yeah that's how I felt. Early playoff exit for 1.06 or 1.07 might make it a wash. I like this setup as it discourages tanking. I hate the concept of tanking in the first place.
The problem is that this setup doesn't discourage in-season tanking. A bad team isn't going to make the playoffs. But, if you are a decent team but not good enough to win the championship, you could kind of tank all season and make sure you don't make the playoffs but probably win the toilet bowl.

I don't like this setup. It either encourages average teams to tank, or it could really reward a team that maybe has DJ and Rodgers on IR and misses the playoffs but gets them back for the toilet bowl. Just too much weird stuff that could happen.

The problem is that this setup doesn't discourage in-season tanking. A bad team isn't going to make the playoffs. But, if you are a decent team but not good enough to win the championship, you could kind of tank all season and make sure you don't make the playoffs but probably win the toilet bowl.

I don't like this setup. It either encourages average teams to tank, or it could really reward a team that maybe has DJ and Rodgers on IR and misses the playoffs but gets them back for the toilet bowl. Just too much weird stuff that could happen.
I suppose so, but to me it's still a cut above the alternative where tanking seems more likely. I've seen people get kicked out for blatant tanking. All teams should compete to the best of their ability at all times. It's the essence of sport.  It's often included in league bylaws.

A middle of the road team probably doesn't have the luxury of sitting studs. Only a dominant team with many studs can do that. That middle of the road team can try to tank but if they do they're at risk of getting kicked out. Because it would be obvious. Selling off assets might be considered tanking, but if fair value is returned it would seem perfectly reasonable. If that puts a team in a better position to possibly win the toilet bowl, so be it. It's a very risky strategy. And there is no value in being among the worst teams (should there be?). So overall I'd say tanking is dramatically discouraged compared to traditional rookie picks determined by order of standings. 

I'm curious what others think of this deal. 

12 tm non-ppr Zealots league.

Team A trades: AJGreen, Derrick Henry

Team B trades: Dalvin Cook, 2018 1st round pick (should end up in 8-12 range).

12 Team PPR

Gave: Odell Beckham

Got: Michael Thomas

I needed help at WR now. My trade partner is consistently one of the worst teams in the league. I don't mind if this is considered an overpay because I doubt Beckham is going to change that for him and this gives me a better chance at winning the championship this year. 

jeaton6 said:
12 Team PPR:

Gave: Sammy, Doctson

Got: Landry, Crowder

Needed to shore up WR3 and while I hated to give up the potential in these 2 guys Infelt like it was time to cash out of Sammy at this point.
 I like it for both sides. Landry will help more this year

12 Team PPR

I needed help at WR now. My trade partner is consistently one of the worst teams in the league. I don't mind if this is considered an overpay because I doubt Beckham is going to change that for him and this gives me a better chance at winning the championship this year. 
OBJ

12 Team PPR

OBJ for me but I understand going for the title

I'm curious what others think of this deal. 

12 tm non-ppr Zealots league.

Team A trades: AJGreen, Derrick Henry

Team B trades: Dalvin Cook, 2018 1st round pick (should end up in 8-12 range).
If I was going for the title give me Green but if not I would happily take Cook side. I am not big on Henry anymore so would be happy to take a 1st for him

12 team ppr start qb, 2rb, 2-3wr, 1-2te, d, k

Marlon Mack, 2018 2nd

for

Matt Ryan

Stacked team that lost Rodgers and only had Eli/Brissett behind him. Hoping Ryan's playoff schedule delivers.

FWIW offered Mack + JGraham and Pryor + 2nd before being countered this.

Any trades involving Alex Collins, D. Murray and/or Ajayi lately? I am thinking about moving all 3 to get a better starting RB.
12 team, 1 PPR for WRs, 0.5 PPR for RBs,  1.5 PPR for TEs, ... B is in the playoff hunt.  A is rebuilding.

A gave up Ajayi, Jay MIA RB;Hogan, Chris NEP WR;Miller, Zach CHI TE

B gave up Abdullah, Ameer DET RB;Perriman, Breshad BAL WR;Howard, O.J. TBB TE

12 team ppr 1 flex - couple deals (4 different teams)

Alex Smith for Goff

Brate for Doctson and 18 2nd (likely mid-late)

Pretty bad 16 team league trade here even with 16 teams the owner already had Cam so this trade made zero sense

Brissett

for

Aaron Jones

Jonnu Smith

All 3 players were DTS eligible as well

12 team DFWC trade of epic awfulness that smells of collusion here (20 man rosters no DTS)

Lev Bell

for

Golladay

Perine

Meredith

2018 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks all shots in the dark when you have to roster guys on max 20 man rosters

12 team, 1 PPR for WRs, 0.5 PPR for RBs,  1.5 PPR for TEs, ... A is in the playoff hunt.  B is rebuilding.

A gave up Ajayi, Jay MIA RB;Hogan, Chris NEP WR;Miller, Zach CHI TE

B gave up Abdullah, Ameer DET RB;Perriman, Breshad BAL WR;Howard, O.J. TBB TE
Do not like that deal for A at all.

Guy in my PPR dynasty just offered me his Kelce, John Brown & Pryor for my A. Rodgers, Ajayi & Juju. I passed.

Pretty bad 16 team league trade here even with 16 teams the owner already had Cam so this trade made zero sense

Brissett

for

Aaron Jones

Jonnu Smith

All 3 players were DTS eligible as well

12 team DFWC trade of epic awfulness that smells of collusion here (20 man rosters no DTS)

Lev Bell

for

Golladay

Perine

Meredith

2018 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks all shots in the dark when you have to roster guys on max 20 man rosters
Stop playing in leagues with toddlers. 

Users who are viewing this thread