What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

In one of my league where I could use an extra WR, I already own Green.  I also own pick 4.  If I did not own Green, I would EASILY pay pick 4 to get Green.  

In the deal where he fetched pick 8, he should have also at least fetched a future 1st along with it.  Even then, still maybe a toss up.

A year older, Green for pick 8 would still be a bad deal
No one is saying they’d take the 1.08, just that you aren’t likely getting anything a whole lot better right now. 

He's still going in the 2nd/3rd round of startup mocks.  What deals are you seeing that suggest his value is anywhere near the 1.08?

In hands down his worst season (per 16) since his rookie year, he still put up 75/1,078/8.  Not a lot needs to change for his situation to be much better than it was this season.  He's not shiny, but he's still one of the very best WRs in the league, and a very valuable fantasy asset. 
2/3rd of mocks is great, but that doesn’t mean much in an established league imo. Show me some trades where green goes for 1.05 or up or where he gets traded for mixon or cmc or someone else around 2/3 startup. 

No one is saying they’d take the 1.08, just that you aren’t likely getting anything a whole lot better right now. 

2/3rd of mocks is great, but that doesn’t mean much in an established league imo. Show me some trades where green goes for 1.05 or up or where he gets traded for mixon or cmc or someone else around 2/3 startup. 
You wont see many of those trades because the Green owners aren't trading Green.  They prefer to win

At first glance, I see Hunt, Jones, Adams, a small filler (Coleman) for Evans, multiple 1sts, etc. 

http://apps.dynastyleaguefootball.com/tradedb/?player=12845&month=&year=&ppr=1&submit=filter+results

AJ green has been a top 10 WR practically since he came into the league. Had a bad year this year and still finished at WR12 in my pretty normal scoring PPR league. I realize it would be an outside shot but there's no reason other then being on a bad team that he doesn't have a shot at being the #1 WR.

some of you guys are way to concerned about age, yes it's nice to have young guys in a dynasty league but it's also better to have actually guys that produce really good numbers
As I stated in my earlier post....AJ Green is not exciting.  He is worth more to the team that has him than to any team trying to trade for him because he is so un-exciting.  He is a solid WR1 that nobody gushes about and the guy that owns him knows how solid he is.  He is one of those players that is worth more to the current owner than what anybody trying to get him is willing to pay.    I think he is virtually untradeable because of that reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
This just went down in FFPC league, not involved:

Team  A gave: Allen Robinson, Kevin White, Kittle, 4.10

Team B gave: Thielen, Crowell, Vernon Davis, 2019 5th
I think the big x-factor here is Crowell...or more importantly where he ends up...if he ends up in a plum situation that could really tilt the scales with this deal...

Robinson.  Diggs really cut into Thielen's production as he healed up and clicked with Case.  
Diggs actually didn't really cut much into Thielen's production as much as the Vikings starting running the ball better towards the end of the season.  Diggs and Thielen actually were very similar over the last 6 games where Thielen had 29 receptions on 46 targets to Diggs 29/42.  Thielen had 360 yds to Diggs' 317 while Diggs had more TD's 3 to 1.  Those guys were used pretty much as 1a & 1b down the stretch.

I've never played in a league where a guy like Green couldn't get you a lot more than the 1.08, personally.  I'd also disagree with the notion that 6 teams per league couldn't use him.  From my experience, there are maybe 1 or 2 teams per league that are truly 2+ years out.  Even most bottom teams can join the playoff hunt with a couple roster move wins.  

I'll certainly grant that he's an obvious sell for rebuilders, and isn't an overly sexy asset right now.  But there's just no way to spin the 1.08 as anything but awful value. 

I offered the 1.02 for him and an early 2nd recently, without luck.  
In one league I've owned Green since his rookie year and have no intention of trading him and he'll probably retire on my squad, but I would jump at that. I went undefeated in the regular season in that league and would gladly take the hit at points at WR for Guice.

Someone mentioned paying the 4 for him, that's where I would get iffy. As a contender I would probably keep Green, if I was rebuilding I'd probably take the 4 (this year at least with this strong class.) Seems like a pretty good spot to be on both sides there. Trading him for the 8 is pretty poor IMO. I own the 7 from a trade in one league where my team is in full rebuild mode and would trade that for Green pretty quickly. To give a counterpoint, the DT owner wanted the 7 from me in exchange, DT is only 7 months older but has a major question-mark at QB right now and I would much prefer Green to him.

Gally said:
Diggs actually didn't really cut much into Thielen's production as much as the Vikings starting running the ball better towards the end of the season.  Diggs and Thielen actually were very similar over the last 6 games where Thielen had 29 receptions on 46 targets to Diggs 29/42.  Thielen had 360 yds to Diggs' 317 while Diggs had more TD's 3 to 1.  Those guys were used pretty much as 1a & 1b down the stretch.
It wasn't similar with Case to that point.  Thielen was the clear 1 for awhile and isn't now. 

CabinFever said:
Geez I used to give the farm for players I like (owned Portis in almost every league after his rookie year) and often overpaid so I guess it’s nice to be on the other side for once, but I can relate to his wanting Zeke, who is arguably one of the best RBs in FF. 
Just reminds me of my 2nd worst trade I remember making. I gave the 1.01 in 2007 for Clinton Portis. Portis did alright but that hurt for a decade. 

Of course the worst trade was Dez and a late 1st for 1.01 in 2012. I swore off browns after that debacle.

It wasn't similar with Case to that point.  Thielen was the clear 1 for awhile and isn't now. 
Thielen averaged 6 receptions/89.4 yds/10 targets with 3 total TD's for games 3-11 (Keenum games when full time starter - while Diggs was injured/coming back from injury).  In the games Diggs missed completely Thielen had averaged 7 reception /69yds/12.5 targets with zero TD's.  (actually a little under his averages while Diggs was in the lineup.  After Diggs was back healthy (weeks 12-17) Thielen averaged 5 receptions/60 yds/8 targets with 1 TD.  So a little under his first 11 week performance.  However, the Vikings ran the ball much more affectively and threw the ball less in those games because the running game was being used more. 

I don't think Diggs was as big of a factor to Thielen's performance as the running game.  Although Thielen was a "clear" #1 when Diggs was out that didn't really affect his production as much as you would think.  That is why I see Diggs as a bit of a benefit (as evidenced by Thielen's numbers actually going down in the games Diggs was out completely) and they are 1a & 1b without much of a decline in actual production.

Thielen averaged 6 receptions/89.4 yds/10 targets with 3 total TD's for games 3-11 (Keenum games when full time starter - while Diggs was injured/coming back from injury).  In the games Diggs missed completely Thielen had averaged 7 reception /69yds/12.5 targets with zero TD's.  (actually a little under his averages while Diggs was in the lineup.  After Diggs was back healthy (weeks 12-17) Thielen averaged 5 receptions/60 yds/8 targets with 1 TD.  So a little under his first 11 week performance.  However, the Vikings ran the ball much more affectively and threw the ball less in those games because the running game was being used more. 

I don't think Diggs was as big of a factor to Thielen's performance as the running game.  Although Thielen was a "clear" #1 when Diggs was out that didn't really affect his production as much as you would think.  That is why I see Diggs as a bit of a benefit (as evidenced by Thielen's numbers actually going down in the games Diggs was out completely) and they are 1a & 1b without much of a decline in actual production.
Weeks 1-12 Thielen out targeted Diggs 9.5 - 7.2.  Week 13+ (w/playoffs) Diggs out targeted Thielen 8.6 - 8.  

Weeks 14+ it was 8.4 - 7.2 in favor of Diggs, who saw more targets in 4 of the 5 games.

The running game might account for an overall dip in passing attempts, but doesn't explain why Diggs' targets increased, while Thielen's dipped.

14 team PPR with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex.  6 points for all TDs

Team A Received: Robert Woods

Team B Received: Jimmy Garoppolo 

Weeks 1-12 Thielen out targeted Diggs 9.5 - 7.2.  Week 13+ (w/playoffs) Diggs out targeted Thielen 8.6 - 8.  

Weeks 14+ it was 8.4 - 7.2 in favor of Diggs, who saw more targets in 4 of the 5 games.

The running game might account for an overall dip in passing attempts, but doesn't explain why Diggs' targets increased, while Thielen's dipped.
Basically 1.5 targets taken away from Thielen and given to Diggs based on the bolded statement.  Not a drastic drop.  Like I said, a 1a to 1b situation.  Both quality options.

Last edited by a moderator:
14 team PPR with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex.  6 points for all TDs

Team A Received: Robert Woods

Team B Received: Jimmy Garoppolo 
Wow...that is a great trade to analyze...two up and comers...not to be a pain but would like to see the QBs and WRs both teams have before commenting...

Wow...that is a great trade to analyze...two up and comers...not to be a pain but would like to see the QBs and WRs both teams have before commenting...
Team A was just part of a dispersal that was QB rich and WR weak. I'm team B (getting Garoppolo).

Team A QBs - Wentz, Brady, Winston. 
Team A WRs - Kelvin Benjamin, Robby Anderson, Chris Godwin, Tyrell Williams, and guys who aren't and won't be worth anything.

Team B QBs - Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, and Blake Bortles
Team B WRs - Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton, Demaryius Thomas, Corey Coleman, Trent Taylor, and other lotto tickets

Team A was just part of a dispersal that was QB rich and WR weak. I'm team B (getting Garoppolo).

Team A QBs - Wentz, Brady, Winston. 
Team A WRs - Kelvin Benjamin, Robby Anderson, Chris Godwin, Tyrell Williams, and guys who aren't and won't be worth anything.

Team B QBs - Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, and Blake Bortles
Team B WRs - Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton, Demaryius Thomas, Corey Coleman, Trent Taylor, and other lotto tickets
Nice deal for both teams as each needed help at the positions they are getting...Team A was pretty loaded at QB for a 14 team league...by the way, love how his back-bench are scrubs and yours are lotto tickets...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Nice deal for both teams as each needed help at the positions they are getting...Team A was pretty loaded at QB for a 14 team league...by the way, love how his back-bench are scrubs and yours are lotto tickets...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
Hahah I actually thought of that as I was typing it. But for real...

Jordan Payton, Tajae Sharpe, and Braxton Miller aren't even lotto tickets 

I was going to mention the same thing.  It always works that way when negotiating trades with other owners......hahahaha

Basically 1.5 targets taken away from Thielen and given to Diggs based on the bolded statement.  Not a drastic drop.  Like I said, a 1a to 1b situation.  Both quality options.
That's 2.53 PPG, using his current PPT.   At 8 targets a game, Thielen scores 13.5 PPG - good for WR21 this year.  An extra 1.5 targets a game would put him at WR9.  1.5 targets is the difference between him being a WR1 and a WR3. 

That's 2.53 PPG, using his current PPT.   At 8 targets a game, Thielen scores 13.5 PPG - good for WR21 this year.  An extra 1.5 targets a game would put him at WR9.  1.5 targets is the difference between him being a WR1 and a WR3. 
As a short term statistical view it made a difference this year but with the bunching of players with very little difference in points between WR9 and WR21 I would believe that just being a new year and possible different offensive philosophy will make a bigger difference (good or bad - have no way to know) than the presence of Diggs moving forward.

That's the difficulty with fantasy football for these positions since they are so close in actual scores.  The sample size is fairly low for any true meaningful trends.  I don't think Diggs made much difference and you do.  I don't play in PPR so that minor difference in scoring due to the targets wouldn't make as big of a difference.  I understand your point but I don't think it is as big of deal as you do. 

FFPC:

Team A gave:  1.10 and Dion Lewis

Team B gave: 1.4
menobrown: you mentioned this being an FFPC trade which gives some basic background, but didn't mention whether you were involved or not.

As a stand alone trade for the upcoming 2018 FFPC Dynasty drafts in May, without any roster info for the teams involved (nor other rationale or commentary), it appears to me that Team B is coming up short in value for the 1.4 draft slot if one looks at the top handful of rookies as of the end of January. Just MHO.

20 Team PPR

Team A got Levon Bell, Gio Bernard, Kendrick Bourne, Q Enuwa, Cody Latimer, pick 3.14, 4.17

Team B got Derrick Henry, Stefon Diggs, pick 1.1

menobrown: you mentioned this being an FFPC trade which gives some basic background, but didn't mention whether you were involved or not.

As a stand alone trade for the upcoming 2018 FFPC Dynasty drafts in May, without any roster info for the teams involved (nor other rationale or commentary), it appears to me that Team B is coming up short in value for the 1.4 draft slot if one looks at the top handful of rookies as of the end of January. Just MHO.
Yeah this trade would never happen closer to the draft when names go next to those picks.  1.4 owner should have waited.

Woods for me, but it's close in a 14 team league. 
Interesting, I'd prefer Jimmy G rather easily in any format. I know it's only 1QB but a good QB who can get you 20-25 points a week, with the potential for more in a given week is still really valuable I think, regardless of format. Woods had a great year and I'm probably underrating him, but is he really anything more than a WR2 at best longer term? You can find those kind of guys anytime. You might say QBs grow on trees in 1QB leagues too and I'd basically agree but Jimmy has a better shot IMO at producing at an elite level at his position. I also think Jimmy will have more trade value going forward so he might be more of an appealing asset in future trades.

I was involved, for once thought I'd leave out that part so as not to try and influence comments.

I got the 1.4. The other team was targeting Dion. On my end I was planning on retaining Dion but was not a given, depended on FA but either way had I kept him he'd have been the 5th RB I kept at cuts and easily the least valuable, my RB5. Also by trading him I get to keep a player I designated as a cut and right now one of the players I got designated to cut I like just about as much as Dion, depending on how FA goes maybe more. So in that sense knowing what I know today he' not a big loss for me but I say that and think in the right spot he can be a tremendous asset in general.

Yeah this trade would never happen closer to the draft when names go next to those picks.  1.4 owner should have waited.
I'd agree plus he has to deal with the extra roster spot drain before cuts.  I was selling him on idea that Dion could sign in a sweet FA spot and this might not be on the table if he does.  Reality is even if he lands in kind of a sweet spot his value due to age and  durability would probably peak out at best in the mid first round area, at best, and that's probably ambitious thinking. 

20 Team PPR

Team A got Levon Bell, Gio Bernard, Kendrick Bourne, Q Enuwa, Cody Latimer, pick 3.14, 4.17

So free Henry and diggs

12 Team PPR

Team A got AJ Green

Team B got I Crowell, Dez Bryant, Jordan Matthews
That's bad, Dez isn't really a factor anymore unless he starts catching a ton of TDs again and while some people like Crowell he was supposed to breakout the last 3 years and hasn't so don't see how he will now

20 Team PPR

I just keep wondering what team A’s reasoning is- who is rostering latimer at this point? Bourne is an end of roster flyer at best, enunwa could be a nice stash but isn’t moving the needle in a trade this big. Picks 57 and 77 aren’t even rosterable guys. In a 20 team League I can understand how valuable studs are but even quality starters are difference makers. 

I just keep wondering what team A’s reasoning is- who is rostering latimer at this point? Bourne is an end of roster flyer at best, enunwa could be a nice stash but isn’t moving the needle in a trade this big. Picks 57 and 77 aren’t even rosterable guys. In a 20 team League I can understand how valuable studs are but even quality starters are difference makers. 
I wonder if Team B was giggling when he typed the words Bourne, Enuwa and Lattimer...

Users who are viewing this thread