What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (27 Viewers)

Trainwreck gave up Gathers, Rico DAL TE; Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.09; Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from Trainwreck

Van Halen's Deep Tracks gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.11

Van Halen lost Witten, but still has Hunter Henry. Though that's his whole corp. You can flex a TE in to a WR spot. He still has picks 1.3, 1.9, 2.3, and 2.9
Great deal for Trainwreck!

12tm, .5 PPR

gave: Josh Gordon

got: 1.10, 2.10

I love Gordon's ceiling but don't mind cashing in for that and ridding myself of the headache. I'm a happy man if I can get a guy like Freeman, Johnson, or Kirk at 1.10 and another draft throw at 2.10. 

-------------------

Same league as above

gave: Burton

got: Cobb

-------------------

12tm, PPR

gave: Mixon/Gio

got: CMC

I have a lot of exposure to Mixon and wanted another CMC share. I like both a lot, this is more of a variance/hedge trade. 

------------------

14tm, SFlex, PPR, Devy

gave: R. Woods/'19 2nd (devy depleted)

got: DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Penny and McKinnon
BTW just to elaborare briefly, I agree that this is below market for Kamara, so I would ask for more if moving him, but I feel like this is a dollar and a 1st round RB that is expected to be a workhorse, and who is amazingly available at 1.07, for another single dollar. I believe both McKinnon and Penny will hit and that the value on this trade in a few months will be clearly on the 2 back side. I own Kamara and love him. If he has a 2nd season like his 1st, then I think this trade is close to even. If he regresses at all the 2 back side wins big. 

12tm, .5 PPR

I love Gordon's ceiling but don't mind cashing in for that and ridding myself of the headache. I'm a happy man if I can get a guy like Freeman, Johnson, or Kirk at 1.10 and another draft throw at 2.10. 

-------------------

Same league as above

-------------------

12tm, PPR

I have a lot of exposure to Mixon and wanted another CMC share. I like both a lot, this is more of a variance/hedge trade. 

------------------

14tm, SFlex, PPR, Devy

I like the first two for you, but prefer the other sides of the second two. I’m not a CMC believer and would much rather have Mixon. And I want all the shares of that Rams offense I can get right now, so I’d take Woods over DT.

12tm, .5 PPR

-------------------

-------------------

12tm, PPR

------------------

14tm, SFlex, PPR, Devy

Gordon deal is fine, but I wouldn't deal him for that

Cobb

Mixon > CMC for me

DT

12 Team PPR: Draft is next week

Gave: 1.9, 1.10, 1.12

Got: Keenan, 2.4
That's nice

12 team superflex (i'm not involved)

Team A gave:  Sterling Shepard

Team B gave:  1.7 2018 rookie pick

BTW just to elaborare briefly, I agree that this is below market for Kamara, so I would ask for more if moving him, but I feel like this is a dollar and a 1st round RB that is expected to be a workhorse, and who is amazingly available at 1.07, for another single dollar. I believe both McKinnon and Penny will hit and that the value on this trade in a few months will be clearly on the 2 back side. I own Kamara and love him. If he has a 2nd season like his 1st, then I think this trade is close to even. If he regresses at all the 2 back side wins big. 
I disagree completely.  Lets say that Kamara does regress a bit which I think almost everyone agrees is likely.  People will just chalk it up to one of a couple things.  1.  He got more volume so naturally he won't be as efficient or 2.  Sophomore slump.  Either way He will still be considered a top10 dynasty RB.  The only way he isn't is if he looks absolutely horrible like a Trent Richardson horrible and then he's top15 at worst.  Neither McKinnon or Penny will be considered top10 after the 2018 season.  I actually like both those RB's but McKinnon has reached his peak value, whether he hits or not, and Penny is ascending but unless he's other worldly he doesn't hold a candle to Kamara's value.  On the surface it's not a terrible trade like some in this thread, but like you said, it is below market.  

I disagree completely.  Lets say that Kamara does regress a bit which I think almost everyone agrees is likely.  People will just chalk it up to one of a couple things.  1.  He got more volume so naturally he won't be as efficient or 2.  Sophomore slump.  Either way He will still be considered a top10 dynasty RB.  The only way he isn't is if he looks absolutely horrible like a Trent Richardson horrible and then he's top15 at worst.  Neither McKinnon or Penny will be considered top10 after the 2018 season.  I actually like both those RB's but McKinnon has reached his peak value, whether he hits or not, and Penny is ascending but unless he's other worldly he doesn't hold a candle to Kamara's value.  On the surface it's not a terrible trade like some in this thread, but like you said, it is below market.  
How can you state that so definitively?  Where were Hunt and Kamara valued at this time last year? 

I agree it’s a bit below market price for Kamara but a fantasy league is not a perfect market, you can’t always get max value for every player.  

In a 12 team PPR league, I traded Case Keenum and 2.06 to move up 5 spots to 2.01.  I'm targeting 1 of Lamar Jackson or Josh Rosen.

Is it a start 1QB league? What other QBs are on your roster?
Yes its a start 1 QB, my other QBs are Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, and Trevor Siemian.  I don't think I'd ever be starting Keenum over Wilson, I know Flacco will eventually be replaced by Jackson, Siemian will be cut to make the roster limit before the season starts.  I think getting Jackson or Rosen would set me up for a few years after Wilson is no longer a QB1.

Yes its a start 1 QB, my other QBs are Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, and Trevor Siemian.  I don't think I'd ever be starting Keenum over Wilson, I know Flacco will eventually be replaced by Jackson, Siemian will be cut to make the roster limit before the season starts.  I think getting Jackson or Rosen would set me up for a few years after Wilson is no longer a QB1.
In a start 1QB 12 team league, I would have thought you could have kept your 2.06 pick and still got either Jackson or Rosen with that pick. They both might not be there at 2.06, but 1 would be. You didn't give up a lot in Keenum, but it seems to be an unnecessary move imo.

12 team PPR (1.5TE)

Gave 1.07 and 2.07

Received 1.11 and 1.12

12 team PPR

Gave 1.02

Received Martavis Bryant and 1.06

Gave: 2018 3.01, 2019 1st

Got: 2018 1.08 (Sony Michel)

Next year pick should be later than 1.06.
I personally would have preferred to send a 2019 3rd (and another late rounder '18 or '19 if necessary) while keeping the 2018 3.01 (25th overall) which in this draft pool would provide somebody of more value. However, I do applaud your willingness to go after RB Michel slipping to the 8th slot here.

How can you state that so definitively?  Where were Hunt and Kamara valued at this time last year? 

I agree it’s a bit below market price for Kamara but a fantasy league is not a perfect market, you can’t always get max value for every player.  
Penny has a chance but like I said things need to break perfectly for him.  There are still at least 5 RB's that are guaranteed to be there and I just don't expect Penny to jump another 4 plus Kamara.   McKinnon is easy for me to say that because he's older and track record for guys who break out later don't vault as high as guys who break out immediately.  He just turned 26, although his usage hasn't been high.  Most people will generally keep those kinds of guys outside of the top10 no matter how productive.  There will be exceptions and I do expect him to be pretty damn good, but he just won't be viewed as a top10 dynasty RB.  He's basically the same guy as Alex Collins in terms of situation.  So why aren't people saying that about him?  they just won't be in the top because of lack of production up until now.  Not saying it's a bad thing, it's just the reality of fantasy that thinks "why didn't he do it sooner, oh he must not be top tier material".  It's less about the market price than it is the reality of what player x will fetch.  Later NFL breakouts have lower value in general, and the 1.07 isn't exactly a sure thing.  Hell it might not even be Penny.  Everyone attached Penny to the pick because they think it's obvious but what if they take Gesicki?  Darnold?  Freeman?  Gallup?

Good luck jumping Gurley, Bell, DJ, Zeke, Kamara, Hunt, Fournette, McCaffrey, Mixon, Freeman, Melvin Gordon, Dalvin Cook, and the other rookie RB's as well who we don't know which ones will vault in value.  Some of them will, good luck guessing on that front though.  

I personally would have preferred to send a 2019 3rd (and another late rounder '18 or '19 if necessary) while keeping the 2018 3.01 (25th overall) which in this draft pool would provide somebody of more value. However, I do applaud your willingness to go after RB Michel slipping to the 8th slot here.
The guy moving 1.8 probably wanted to stay in this years Draft and felt like he could get a decent player there. When you get this kind of value you don’t **** around on the negotiation over a present year 3rd rounder.

The guy moving 1.8 probably wanted to stay in this years Draft and felt like he could get a decent player there. When you get this kind of value you don’t **** around on the negotiation over a present year 3rd rounder.
Correct. Don’t counter or get pretty, you never what the 1.8 owner sent to others in the league, probably similar offers, especially if Andy’s team should make the playoffs and thus appears late anyway. 

12 team PPR (1.5TE)

Gave 1.07 and 2.07

Received 1.11 and 1.12

12 team PPR

Gave 1.02

Received Martavis Bryant and 1.06
I don’t like either one for you.

The 1.07 could be in line for a really good player depending on how things break. And worst case you still get one of the top 8 RB’s.

I think Bryant is pretty worthless, and would want my pick of the litter with the RB’s.

12 team PPR SF

Gave: Hilton, Dalton, 2019 3rd

Got: Gallup, R Freeman, 2019 1st

I figure there is not better time to pounce on those 2019 picks and while I love Hilton, I think Gallup is a target hog in year 1 and could probably flip him if nothing else. Team needed reliable RB help as my current stable was Guice, J Williams, Blount, Powell and Hines. Starting WRs now Adams, Diggs and some combo of Lee, Anderson, Cobb, and Gallup

Penny has a chance but like I said things need to break perfectly for him.  There are still at least 5 RB's that are guaranteed to be there and I just don't expect Penny to jump another 4 plus Kamara.   McKinnon is easy for me to say that because he's older and track record for guys who break out later don't vault as high as guys who break out immediately.  He just turned 26, although his usage hasn't been high.  Most people will generally keep those kinds of guys outside of the top10 no matter how productive.  There will be exceptions and I do expect him to be pretty damn good, but he just won't be viewed as a top10 dynasty RB.  He's basically the same guy as Alex Collins in terms of situation.  So why aren't people saying that about him?  they just won't be in the top because of lack of production up until now.  Not saying it's a bad thing, it's just the reality of fantasy that thinks "why didn't he do it sooner, oh he must not be top tier material".  It's less about the market price than it is the reality of what player x will fetch.  Later NFL breakouts have lower value in general, and the 1.07 isn't exactly a sure thing.  Hell it might not even be Penny.  Everyone attached Penny to the pick because they think it's obvious but what if they take Gesicki?  Darnold?  Freeman?  Gallup?

Good luck jumping Gurley, Bell, DJ, Zeke, Kamara, Hunt, Fournette, McCaffrey, Mixon, Freeman, Melvin Gordon, Dalvin Cook, and the other rookie RB's as well who we don't know which ones will vault in value.  Some of them will, good luck guessing on that front though.  
For what it’s worth, the team that traded away Kamara to land McKinnon and 1.07 ended up taking Royce Freeman

12 team TE premium ppr, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLX, FLX, FLX, FLX

Team A gets 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

Team B gets Hunter Henry
From a few pages back, looking for opinions. Ive had mixed opinions IRL.

Tried to move some future picks+ to get a quality starter, no one would move a RB or WR, Henry owner was receptive though. 1.5PPR for TEs and now im sitting on and possibly starting Gronk, Engram and Henry weekly now.

Tried to move some future picks+ to get a quality starter, no one would move a RB or WR, Henry owner was receptive though. 1.5PPR for TEs and now im sitting on and possibly starting Gronk, Engram and Henry weekly now.
What is the rest of your team?

What is the rest of your team?
QB: R. Wilson, C. Wentz, M. Trubisky

RB: C. Mccaffrey, D. Lewis, C. Clement, A. Jones, C. Prosise, P. Barber

WR: A. Cooper, A. Jeffrey,  S. Watkins, M. Bryant, C. Hogan, J. Ross, J. Doctson, L. Treadwell

TE: R. Gronkowski, E. Engram, H. Henry, A. Hooper, J. Butt

Picks: 1.06, 3.04, 2019 3rd and 4th

Been trying to move one of Wentz or Wilson for a year now. Planning to move Gronk next offseason if situation doesnt improve.

12 team PPR SF

I figure there is not better time to pounce on those 2019 picks and while I love Hilton, I think Gallup is a target hog in year 1 and could probably flip him if nothing else. Team needed reliable RB help as my current stable was Guice, J Williams, Blount, Powell and Hines. Starting WRs now Adams, Diggs and some combo of Lee, Anderson, Cobb, and Gallup
Gallup

Tex

Neither McKinnon or Penny will be considered top10 after the 2018 season. 
I'm on your side as far as the trade goes, but we really have no idea if this is true. I could see both having seasons that propel them into the top 10. To me I just see Kamara as a potential superstar so I couldn't move some one like that for two backs that have not shown they can be a feature back (technically neither has Kamara but in my eyes he has), even though I do believe both are capable.

In a start 1QB 12 team league, I would have thought you could have kept your 2.06 pick and still got either Jackson or Rosen with that pick. They both might not be there at 2.06, but 1 would be. You didn't give up a lot in Keenum, but it seems to be an unnecessary move imo.
Yeah but a move one should make every time it's presented. I just wouldn't target a QB with the 2.01.

This is an interesting discussion, but your point seems to hinge on perceived dynasty value rather than NFL production or fantasy points. You don't win games by having the guys with the best trade value. Larry Fitzgerald has had awful trade value for the past 3 years, but he's still putting up PPR numbers. If McKinnon is putting up points, but he's not getting top 10 RB trade value, then... keep starting him. If Kamara has a bad season but only drops to a top 15 RB dynasty value then you just rostered a guy (and likely started him) for a season who hurt your team. Rankings have value in name only. At some point you have to put players in lineups and let the points fall where they may. 

If that trade nets the guy less trade value but more lineup points, it's a win.

But someone later added he took Freeman over Penny... so I don't know what to say about that.  :crazy:

Looks like your team is middle of the pack, which means that pick could be anywhere next year. I think I would have held for now because of if those picks end up being early, you’re going to hate seeing someone else drafting with your 1.03 and 2.03.

If it was certain the picks would be late, I think the deal is ok.

Looks like your team is middle of the pack, which means that pick could be anywhere next year. I think I would have held for now because of if those picks end up being early, you’re going to hate seeing someone else drafting with your 1.03 and 2.03.

If it was certain the picks would be late, I think the deal is ok.
That team doesn't look middle of the pack at all.  That's a really strong roster.  Two elite QBs, three elite TEs with 1.5 ppr and CMC in a start 1 RB league.  The WRs are more than decent as well. 

This one happened awhile ago (shortly after the NFL draft) 12 team PPR start QRRWWWT2flex

team A got: Allen Robinson

team B got: 1.5

we don't draft till July/august

That team doesn't look middle of the pack at all.  That's a really strong roster.  Two elite QBs, three elite TEs with 1.5 ppr and CMC in a start 1 RB league.  The WRs are more than decent as well. 
I don’t like any of the WR’s, and CMC is his only “stud” at RB, and I wouldn’t even call him that.

That roster has a lot of good sounding names but I bet it’s middling at the end of the year in total points. I will grant though that it could be very good too if all those guys perform.

I could easily see that team getting the the 1.03 pick or the 1.10 pick next year. 

Well thanks for the input, surprisingly similar to how i feel. One of the highest variance teams ive ever owned, but i feel like if i can get established pieces i can break into a competitor. Got the 1.06 and H. Henry for basically C. Hyde and my future 1st/2nd. We'll see who i get at the 6 unless someone really wants it.

This is an interesting discussion, but your point seems to hinge on perceived dynasty value rather than NFL production or fantasy points. You don't win games by having the guys with the best trade value. Larry Fitzgerald has had awful trade value for the past 3 years, but he's still putting up PPR numbers. If McKinnon is putting up points, but he's not getting top 10 RB trade value, then... keep starting him. If Kamara has a bad season but only drops to a top 15 RB dynasty value then you just rostered a guy (and likely started him) for a season who hurt your team. Rankings have value in name only. At some point you have to put players in lineups and let the points fall where they may. 

If that trade nets the guy less trade value but more lineup points, it's a win.

But someone later added he took Freeman over Penny... so I don't know what to say about that.  :crazy:
Interesting take that I didn't consider.  Most of the time I want guys that hold their elite level value or increase in value.  Just philosophy I guess.  I don't see that happening with someone like McKinnon.  I'm just using him as an example but there are other guys that follow that same path.  It's very possible he holds the value if he produces but it's not an elite level value that you'd have to pay multiple 1sts for.  At least I don't think?  Sounds like a very fine line with tons of risk involved so in most cases it doesn't seem like a smart deal to make.  

12 tm PPR - RBs get an extra .25 per carry.  Made the following trade - 

Gave: Evans, McKinnon, 2019 2nd

Got: CMC, T.Hill

My team now:

Winston, Keenum, Taylor

Gurley, CMC, R.Freeman, Gio, D.Martin

AB, Cooks, T.Hill, DT, Hogan

Kelce, Engram, Brate

I have 1.11 and OTC the right now (likely going Kirk)

I know Evans is a stud but I'm not sold on McKinnon despite all the hype.  And I love CMC to pair with Gurley for the next few years...for reference, CMC and Hill both outscored Evans in this league by over 50 pts last year.

Zyphros said:
Interesting take that I didn't consider.  Most of the time I want guys that hold their elite level value or increase in value.  Just philosophy I guess.  I don't see that happening with someone like McKinnon.  I'm just using him as an example but there are other guys that follow that same path.  It's very possible he holds the value if he produces but it's not an elite level value that you'd have to pay multiple 1sts for.  At least I don't think?  Sounds like a very fine line with tons of risk involved so in most cases it doesn't seem like a smart deal to make.  
Yeah, in a vacuum you obviously want more dynasty trade value over less dynasty trade value, but there are going to be certain players that just outperform their trade value and those are the guys you ride until retirement*. And if you trade for one of those guys at their going rate, you just lost trade value, but you may have gained lineup points. And in the case of this trade, maybe that guy had a gaping hole at RB2 behind Kamara and this was the best 2-for-1 trade he could find. Sometimes you have to overpay when you have a need but the market of 11 other FF owners doesn't meet outside consensus. 

*Kind of like when you retire and buy what you expect is your last home. Assuming you are old so your tax rate is fixed, you don't really care if the value of the land goes up or down. That's where you are going to be regardless. McKinnon is 26 on a 4-year deal. That guy is probably going to ride McKinnon until he loses his job or retires. If McKinnon overperforms but doesn't see a dynasty value bump due to age or whatever, it doesn't matter since he wasn't going to trade him anyway.. unless McKinnon's value somehow leapfrogged his expected performance after one year, which is rare since RBs tend to lose significant trade value around age 27.

Basically if you trade for any RB at age 26/27, you must be planning to be in it for the long haul... so what you're paying for is expected performance, not expected trade value.

barackdhouse said:
I own Kamara and love him. If he has a 2nd season like his 1st, then I think this trade is close to even. If he regresses at all the 2 back side wins big. 
If Kamara has a 2nd season like his first then the Kamara side wins this in a massive landslide imo. 

Regression is already built into Kamara's value, and clearly was in this trade. He scored almost as many points as a rookie as Zeke did as a rookie but his value is much less than Zeke's was because of that expected regression. 

If that regression doesn't happen and he has another season like his rookie year his value will be in the zeke/Gurley tier and 1.7/mckinnon will seem like pennies. 

gabes1919 said:
12 team PPR SF

I don't see any need to justify this one, I would trade one 1st for Hilton (although appears his owners won't sell for that), but that's basically trading 3 of them for him.

Arob by a ton
This is close for me. I’d probably lean Arob simply because there doesn’t seem to be a WR of his caliber in this draft but not drafting until August... that is quite the wrinkle. That makes your 1.05 so much more valuable when you have a much clearer image of how guys are fitting in. It’s close

Pretty happy with this one, despite the risk I feel is involved (definitely not sold on Devante Parker as ever living up to his draft slot). That said, based on the value I was seeing for Parker in trade calculators, etc, I think I made out pretty well. This is the league where I overpaid to get Saquon pre-draft (sent DJ and Diggs).

12 Team PPR with boosted RB scoring. Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLEX

RBs get 0.15 pts per rushing yard and .08 pts per rushing attempt. TEs get an extra .25 pts per reception on top of the 1 pt everyone gets.

I gave: Samaje Perine, Taywan Taylor, George Kittle, 3.05, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

I get: Wayne Gallman, Michael Crabtree, DeVante Parker, Trey Burton

This should give me an ideal starting lineup of:

QB: Russell Wilson

RB: Saquon, Joe Mixon, Sony Michel, Derrick Henry

WR: Adam Thielen, Demaryius Thomas, DeVante Parker

TE: Evan Engram

Reserves: Marshawn Lynch, Ameer Abdullah, Michael Crabtree, Desean Jackson, Allen Hurns, Tyrell Williams, Christian Kirk, Trey Burton, ASJ, Austin Hooper, Rico Gathers, Trubisky

----

I really wasn't feeling safe with my WR3 situation after trading Diggs, and I sent out literally dozens of offers before I got this one to bite. I'm hoping my ability to start 4 decent or better RBs will take me pretty far and the 2019 picks will be late.

Pretty happy with this one, despite the risk I feel is involved (definitely not sold on Devante Parker as ever living up to his draft slot). That said, based on the value I was seeing for Parker in trade calculators, etc, I think I made out pretty well. This is the league where I overpaid to get Saquon pre-draft (sent DJ and Diggs).

12 Team PPR with boosted RB scoring. Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLEX

RBs get 0.15 pts per rushing yard and .08 pts per rushing attempt. TEs get an extra .25 pts per reception on top of the 1 pt everyone gets.

I gave: Samaje Perine, Taywan Taylor, George Kittle, 3.05, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

I get: Wayne Gallman, Michael Crabtree, DeVante Parker, Trey Burton

This should give me an ideal starting lineup of:

QB: Russell Wilson

RB: Saquon, Joe Mixon, Sony Michel, Derrick Henry

WR: Adam Thielen, Demaryius Thomas, DeVante Parker

TE: Evan Engram

Reserves: Marshawn Lynch, Ameer Abdullah, Michael Crabtree, Desean Jackson, Allen Hurns, Tyrell Williams, Christian Kirk, Trey Burton, ASJ, Austin Hooper, Rico Gathers, Trubisky

----

I really wasn't feeling safe with my WR3 situation after trading Diggs, and I sent out literally dozens of offers before I got this one to bite. I'm hoping my ability to start 4 decent or better RBs will take me pretty far and the 2019 picks will be late.
I really prefer what you gave. Your ideal lineup looks like a contender but probably not a top 3 team because your WRs are likely below average.

I have Kittle and Burton as a wash. Taylor, Perine, 3.5 for Gallman, Crabtree sounds about right. Which means Parker for 2019 1 & 2 which is a big no thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread