Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1850

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1173

  • Dr. Octopus

    1042

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

2 hours ago, pkroper22 said:

Made the following trade:

Gave:  Mark Andrews, Joshua Kelley

Got:  Ronald Jones

We aren't required to start a TE.  We start 1 RB, 1 WR and 3 flex.  To this point I hadn't started Andrews a single week.

I don’t particularly like the deal. Even if you haven’t started Andrews once that likely means you won’t start Jones going forward, either. I own both in different leagues ... not very high on RoJo because of question marks surrounding his true role and future.

Edited by BigAl21
Link to post
Share on other sites

This went down in one of my leagues:

Saquon Barkley, RB, NYG

for

James Robinson, RB, JAX

Robert Woods, WR, LAR

 

The team getting Barkley is stacked at RB (start 1-4): Barkley, McCaffrey, Elliot, Chubb/Hunt, Mixon/Gio. He's a bit weaker at WR (start 1-4): Michael Thomas, Robbie Anderson, not much else.

These teams played each other too last week and the team trading away Robinson/Woods ended up losing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RedBird33 said:

Thanks for the reply. I'm having a hard time with this one.

MT is such a tough offer to turn down but I should add this is Keeper (QB, RB, RT, WR, WR, TE) and a TD heavy league. No PPR points and minimal for yards. So MT isn't the consensus #1 WR as he would be in most other formats. I like Trade 2 because of the players I have already and the high picks provide great in-season depth.

What I'm really struggling with in the MT deal is the fact I would have to drop DJ. I really like what I see in DJ but am not 100% sold on him.

I was also just offered McLaurin and Mixon. I could flip Mixon for a decent pick.

The struggle is real. Might be the toughest decision I've had in the 30 year history of this league.

This doesn't seem close to me. MT is a guy with huge question marks at a position where it's painfully easy to get productive guys without major question marks. 

I would take Jacobs over MT pretty easily in PPR. In non-ppr I would have Jacob's >>> MT. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I’ll take Shenault and the better pick. MW isn’t anything special in PPR so I’ll go for ceiling. I’d be looking to package Shenault for a real upgrade though. I was a huge Shenault fan pre-draft, not that I’m writing the book on him yet, but I don’t see him being elite. 

I own a ton of Shenault.  If i'm going to sell him i'd prefer to wait until after they draft a QB and his value jumps back up.  That all depends on teams needs, etc...

Wait you may have meant pre-rookie draft and not pre-NFL Draft, in which case I agree.

Edited by BINGBING
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 11:06 AM, Helaire-ious said:

In that case, I no longer like the MT deal

Ended up trading JJ for 2-1st round picks, Cousins and Gus Edwards.

Made another deal as well. Traded Gibson and a 3rd in '22 for McLaurin and Mixon.

I sacrificed depth this year but in getting Mixon it's a wash and would rather the future picks. I also get McLaurin, who I coveted as much as Thomas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RedBird33 said:

Ended up trading JJ for 2-1st round picks, Cousins and Gus Edwards.

Made another deal as well. Traded Gibson and a 3rd in '22 for McLaurin and Mixon.

I sacrificed depth this year but in getting Mixon it's a wash and would rather the future picks. I also get McLaurin, who I coveted as much as Thomas.

Someone paid McLaurin and Mixon for Gibson? Whoa. :eek:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mzkp54 said:

12 team, SF, PPR, 1.5 TE Prem. IDP. Rebuild. 
Gave: Gurley/Hooper/‘22 3rd

Got: late ‘21 1st, ‘22 2nd

Not really understanding this deal...Gurley is fine this year but not a stud and is a time bomb as far as Dynasty is concerned and Hooper is pretty average...in general if you are gonna deal a #1 you either get a legit win now piece or a youngster who has shown enough that you'd rather use the #1 on him because you could do a lot worse in the draft with the unknown factor...really don't understand what this owner is trying to accomplish here. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

This doesn't seem close to me. MT is a guy with huge question marks at a position where it's painfully easy to get productive guys without major question marks. 

I would take Jacobs over MT pretty easily in PPR. In non-ppr I would have Jacob's >>> MT. 

I agree and that was part of the struggle. MT was an upgrade over DJ but by how much in non-PPR or Performance - throw in the fact that I've giving up a Top 5 RB in all formats and it's clear I'm losing the trade. I posted what I ended up doing above. I'm curious to hear the feedback if any.

My team going forward:

*Wilson/CMC, Chubb, Mixon, Edwards/McLaurin, Lockett, DJ/Engram. Shultz

3-1st round picks in 2021,  one of which will be top 5, the others will be 10-14.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Someone paid McLaurin and Mixon for Gibson? Whoa. :eek:

 

4 minutes ago, Boston said:

I had to read that a few times as well...kept expecting that 22 #3 to turn into a 21 #1 but it never happened.

Owner had Jeudy, Claypool and Pittman. He had to trade one or risk losing them in the draft. I also gave him a 3rd in '22.

Not the WR I would've traded but to each his own.

Edited by RedBird33
spelling/grammar
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 Team PPR w/ some boosted RB scoring (small points per carry, slightly increased points per rushing yard):

Team A (contending) Gets: Derrick Henry

Team B (rebuilding) Gets: 2021 1st (likely in 2-5 range), 2021 1st (likely in 9-12 range), Courtland Sutton

Edited by mcintyre1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

12 Team PPR w/ some boosted RB scoring (small points per carry, slightly increased points per rushing yard):

Team A (contending) Gets: Derrick Henry

Team B (rebuilding) Gets: 2021 1st (likely in 2-5 range), 2021 1st (likely in 9-12 range), Courtland Sutton

Good for both (I like "go for it" mentality) but that's a steep price/good return.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Good for both (I like "go for it" mentality) but that's a steep price/good return.

Agreed - I think Henry still has a couple good years left, but if I was rebuilding I'd be tempted to accept that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

A future 1st or an inefficient RB on one knee?  That should be 🤢 without saying. 

🤣 

Well a couple weeks ago there was some discussion about Gurley vs. Mims, so I guess I thought you might be advocating for Gurley.  Point taken. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have waited to post this, but decided I'd like your comments on my trade:

I received: Michael Thomas, James Connor & Stafford

I traded away: Dak Prescott, Henderson,-LAR, D.J. Moore & 2021 2nd round pick

I am trying to compete this years, while also keeping an eye on next year. Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, robb said:

I have waited to post this, but decided I'd like your comments on my trade:

I received: Michael Thomas, James Connor & Stafford

I traded away: Dak Prescott, Henderson,-LAR, D.J. Moore & 2021 2nd round pick

I am trying to compete this years, while also keeping an eye on next year. Thoughts?

PPR? Start 1 QB? Rest of roster? Current record?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jail said:

🤣

Well a couple weeks ago there was some discussion about Gurley vs. Mims, so I guess I thought you might be advocating for Gurley.  Point taken. 

one month ago trading Evans for Swift was a major mistake.  Things shift quickly in FF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Good for both (I like "go for it" mentality) but that's a steep price/good return.

 

8 hours ago, kutta said:

Agreed - I think Henry still has a couple good years left, but if I was rebuilding I'd be tempted to accept that.

Yeah, I'm the rebuilder. RBs are very valuable in this league, so I was afraid I sold too low for what his #'s are, but I've also tried to sell him two years straight and not gotten anything near as close. You can start up to 4 of them and the best ones put up absurd numbers (Henry had 396 as RB3 last year, CMC put up 560 as RB1). I've still got Saquon and traded for JK Dobbins before the season started. It looks like I hit with some later WRs this last draft (Aiyuk in the 2nd, Claypool in the 3rd), so I'm probably going to use all 3 firsts next year on RBs to try to refill the stable if it makes sense. My own pick is likely 1-3 range.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SieteCinco said:

12 Team 1PPR SuperFlex (rookie/Devy combined draft)

Team A: 2021 1st (1.07-1.12)
Team B: Adam Thielen, Laviska Shenault 

Love the side getting the pick in a superflex league, but can see where it would make sense to add Thielen/Shenaukt for that type of pick too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wigglytuff's Gruff said:

2021 - 4th -5th - 2022 1st - 2nd - 3rd - 4th - 5th - Late picks. 10-14 spot.
2022 - 1st early. 1-4 spot.

I don't know. 2022 is far off. A lot can happen in a year. I went worst to first. So did another guy in my league. He could end up with the higher first plus all the picks.

If this was a 2021 for sure high first then it's dumb, but 2022, you're betting on yourself. I like it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tombonneau said:

I don't know. 2022 is far off. A lot can happen in a year. I went worst to first. So did another guy in my league. He could end up with the higher first plus all the picks.

If this was a 2021 for sure high first then it's dumb, but 2022, you're betting on yourself. I like it.

I’d love to see the roster of the guy trading away the supposed early 2022 1st.  I’m going to guess it’s not just bad, but more towards brutal.
 

Let’s see it! @Wigglytuff's Gruff

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know people will hate this and it goes against my general strategy, but..

12 team FFPC 1qb

Gave: 2021 2nd (guaranteed late)

Got: Brady

 

I have far and away the #1 seed (currently 40 VP with next closest team at 28 VP), but lost Burrow to the knee injury and was left with only Cam and Taysom at QB.  I have a 1st round bye 100% locked up and Brady gets Atlanta and Detroit in weeks 15/16.  Worth noting that FFPC also gives a slight boost to non-running QBs with 20 yards per point passing instead of the standard 25.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

I’d love to see the roster of the guy trading away the supposed early 2022 1st.  I’m going to guess it’s not just bad, but more towards brutal.
 

Let’s see it! @Wigglytuff's Gruff

It's weak, and I've already got his 2021 first rounder which will be top 3, so the opportunity to strengthen this upcoming draft is minimal for him. The teams around him all have a lot of picks in 2021 as well so should be strengthening as he stands still.

Nyheim Hines is his top RB by a distance, for example. It's not gonna get much better next season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wigglytuff's Gruff said:

It's weak, and I've already got his 2021 first rounder which will be top 3, so the opportunity to strengthen this upcoming draft is minimal for him. The teams around him all have a lot of picks in 2021 as well so should be strengthening as he stands still.

Nyheim Hines is his top RB by a distance, for example. It's not gonna get much better next season.

Yep, I find teams that make trades like this to be predictably terrible. If his best RB is Hines and you didn’t post anything else about the team, that likely fits the bill.  Also, the bolded is far and away the best part though.  :lmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I know people will hate this and it goes against my general strategy, but..

12 team FFPC 1qb

Gave: 2021 2nd (guaranteed late)

Got: Brady

 

I have far and away the #1 seed (currently 40 VP with next closest team at 28 VP), but lost Burrow to the knee injury and was left with only Cam and Taysom at QB.  I have a 1st round bye 100% locked up and Brady gets Atlanta and Detroit in weeks 15/16.  Worth noting that FFPC also gives a slight boost to non-running QBs with 20 yards per point passing instead of the standard 25.

Value wise I hate it, situation wise I think you had no choice. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, That one guy said:

10 team, 11keeper, scoring is heavy RB (ppc and 1.5ppr).  Even with that, I don’t see what I gave having much long term value:

Gave - DMonty + late 2021 2nd

Got - AJB

Would do this 100 times out of 100! Great job

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, That one guy said:

10 team, 11keeper, scoring is heavy RB (ppc and 1.5ppr).  Even with that, I don’t see what I gave having much long term value:

Gave - DMonty + late 2021 2nd

Got - AJB

That is absurd. 10 team makes it even worse. I get that the RB heavy scoring makes Monty more valuable *relative* to a WR, but that is true of all RBs, and in 10 teams there is no way he can't find a better RB than that. No doubt other teams would/could have spent more for AJ. It's a B and not a G, right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, That one guy said:

10 team, 11keeper, scoring is heavy RB (ppc and 1.5ppr).  Even with that, I don’t see what I gave having much long term value:

Gave - DMonty + late 2021 2nd

Got - AJB

Good on you!  I am working to trade Montgomery now and am fighting to get Kirk or Bryan Edwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I know people will hate this and it goes against my general strategy, but..

12 team FFPC 1qb

Gave: 2021 2nd (guaranteed late)

Got: Brady

 

I have far and away the #1 seed (currently 40 VP with next closest team at 28 VP), but lost Burrow to the knee injury and was left with only Cam and Taysom at QB.  I have a 1st round bye 100% locked up and Brady gets Atlanta and Detroit in weeks 15/16.  Worth noting that FFPC also gives a slight boost to non-running QBs with 20 yards per point passing instead of the standard 25.

I was in basically this same situation (losing Brees) and traded cam, salvon, Singletary, a 2021 2nd and 2021 3rd (both guaranteed late) for Aaron Rodgers (other owner had him sitting behind Russ and a gaping hole at rb).

Long story short I’m very ok with overpaying in non-core assets to lock up that QB spot on a strong contender. QB’s who are ‘good enough’ are common to the point I don’t love paying up but if you have the best roster you’re trying to decrease variance a bit and don’t want to eat a 4 point game from that spot in the semis because Taysom got benched at halftime

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 Team Full PPR  /  Playoff start Week 12 

Playoff Team Gave up:  Boston Scott Phi RB, Nelson Aghlor LV WR & 2021 Late 3rd 

Non-Playoff Gave up:  James White NEP RB 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I know people will hate this and it goes against my general strategy, but..

12 team FFPC 1qb

Gave: 2021 2nd (guaranteed late)

Got: Brady

 

I have far and away the #1 seed (currently 40 VP with next closest team at 28 VP), but lost Burrow to the knee injury and was left with only Cam and Taysom at QB.  I have a 1st round bye 100% locked up and Brady gets Atlanta and Detroit in weeks 15/16.  Worth noting that FFPC also gives a slight boost to non-running QBs with 20 yards per point passing instead of the standard 25.

I wouldn't have given you Brady for a 2nd, but only b/c I'd try to extort even more value due to your situation. 

I like that deal for you.   Never jeopardize a potential championship over a late 2nd, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...