What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (25 Viewers)

Agree, but the opposite.
How do you figure? Granted, Gurley has the potential to be not only the RB1 for dynasty but the RB1 overall in coming years but Hopkins is a proven elite talent whose situation just keeps getting better. I'm not an Osweiler truther or nothing but Osweiller and Miller have got to be better than Alfred Blue and the QBBC they had last year in Houston. Plus Gurley does have an injury history.

And I am genuinely interested in your reasoning as to why you would take Gurley

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you figure? Granted, Gurley has the potential to be not only the RB1 for dynasty but the RB1 overall in coming years but Hopkins is a proven elite talent whose situation just keeps getting better. I'm not an Osweiler truther or nothing but Osweiller and Miller have got to be better than Alfred Blue and the QBBC they had last year in Houston. Plus Gurley does have an injury history.

And I am genuinely interested in your reasoning as to why you would take Gurley
Hopkins is a very good player, but I believe there are 8-10 WR's that could put up similar numbers over the next 5-6 years.

Imo, Gurley is far and away the most talented RB to enter the league since AP, and there are 0 RB's who can match his potential over the next 5-6 years.

In today's passing friendly NFL, where most teams run 3 WR's on most downs, there are a "ton" of receivers who will put up good numbers.

Give me the guy who is the best at a position where there are far fewer "studs".

Pretty even deal IMO for that format. If you can start 4 or more WRs (including flexes), then I take Hopkins pretty easily (had Hopkins worth 50 and Gurley worth 42 in my latest trade value based upon 1/2/3/1 plus a flex).

But when you are starting just 2-3 WRs each week and still have to start 2 RBs, it decreases the value of the WRs comparatively vs. RBs enough to make it an even deal. 

12 Team Dynasty PPR QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex.  TE Premium.  3 year contracts no salary

Gave: Doctson, Hyde, 2017 1st (mid), pair of 2018 2nds 

Got: Zeke (and Hauschka as a throw in)

Paid heavily for Zeke, but I think he's worth it.  And, though it's immaterial to the trade in a vacuum, I did get those pieces for pretty cheap...

12 Team Dynasty PPR QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex.  TE Premium.  3 year contracts no salary

Gave: Doctson, Hyde, 2017 1st (mid), pair of 2018 2nds 

Got: Zeke (and Hauschka as a throw in)

Paid heavily for Zeke, but I think he's worth it.  And, though it's immaterial to the trade in a vacuum, I did get those pieces for pretty cheap...
I would take Elliot too

12 Team PPR

Team A gets: Matt Jones, 1.08

Team B gets: Tyler Lockett, 1.06
I'll roll the dice with jones- but if you get return yards or just the tds I would roll Lockett. Pretty fair deal IMO for either side. I'm not the biggest Lockett fan though, I have a hard time putting faith in gadgets like Austin/Lockett/etc

Team A Gave:

Dez Bryant

Demarco Murray

Jordan Matthews

Team B Gave:

DeAndre Hopkins

Doug Martin

Davante Adams
Not in love with Adams as a throw in but I still say B. A may have gotten more value in terms of pieces for future trades in this off season but B gets the better building blocks. More youth, more security, more upside. B's players will gain value while A will at best sustain theirs, more likely decline.

12 Team PPR

Team A gets: Matt Jones, 1.08

Team B gets: Tyler Lockett, 1.06
It is funny because in 2 of my leagues I have tried to acquire Jones and in both leagues there other guy want Lockett. One was Lockett straight up for Jones. They other wanted me to add to Lockett to get Jones. I said no to both and prefer Lockett to Jones pretty easily. 

Team A Gave:

Dez Bryant

Demarco Murray

Jordan Matthews

Team B Gave:

DeAndre Hopkins

Doug Martin

Davante Adams
To me this is close, in a two year window.   I don't usually project much farther than that, due to my short attention span and poor planning skills.  

People are calling Dez old at 27.  I don't buy it.  I see his production as roughly equal to DeAndre for two years...say in and around 300 pts for a full season in PPR leagues, barring injury or QB injury (DeAndre appears to be QB proof, but Dez has the better, more proven QB if Romo can just stay on the field)

Martin is younger than DeMarco, by a year. I see both their situations as tenuous, DeMarco perhaps more so.  

The real heart of the trade, I think, in terms of who wins and loses short term...boils down to Mathews.  In the two year window, his value could tank or turn into something huge.  I think Adams had his chance last year with Jordy out.  I am a Pack fan, but he just plain sucks under the gun - and I think he's going nowhere.  

12 team PPR

Lamar Miller, Landry, Ebron, 2017 1st (early), 2017 1st (mid)

for

Evans, Parker, Treadwell, Eifert, Howard

12 team PPR

for

Evans side for me. Trading those 2017 picks would've given me pause but I still think that the guy getting Evans got a great  haul for them.

12 team PPR

for

I like the Evans side too. Take treadwell out and I think it's even. Won't say its a bad trade though, but Ebron really has to pan out for it to work out.

Hyper Active 12 team ppr, can start up to 5 WRs

Gave: Diggs and Clay

Got: Eifert and Cutler

Even though I have Fleener, I prefer Eifert to Diggs and have good WR depth. Guessing injury discount. And I can start up to 5 TEs so I traded a borderline starter in Diggs for a locked in starter if healthy.

Hyper Active 12 team ppr, can start up to 5 WRs

Gave: Diggs and Clay

Got: Eifert and Cutler

Even though I have Fleener, I prefer Eifert to Diggs and have good WR depth. Guessing injury discount. And I can start up to 5 TEs so I traded a borderline starter in Diggs for a locked in starter if healthy.
Is Diggs a borderline starter if you can start 5 WR?

12 team PPR

for

Evans side for me. Not a big Treadwell or Ebron fan but 2017 could be a great draft which is the only way that side ever wins this trade......

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr - Not involved

Team A traded:  Ladarius Green, 2.03

Team B traded:  Delanie Walker, Agholor, 3.09

I'm very curious on this one because I'm both a huge Green and Agholor fan.

14 team PPR devy league. 3-way trade.

Team A gave: Tavon Austin, *Bo Scarbrough, Bruce Ellington, late devy

Team A got: Tyler Lockett

Team B gave: Tyler Lockett

Team B got: Tavon Austin, Dion Lewis, Jordan Cameron, Bruce Ellington

Team C gave: Dion Lewis, Jordan Cameron

Team C got: *Bo Scarborough, late devy

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr - Not involved

Team A traded:  Ladarius Green, 2.03

Team B traded:  Delanie Walker, Agholor, 3.09

I'm very curious on this one because I'm both a huge Green and Agholor fan.
Green side.  

Steelers have a great offense, and Martavis Bryant is out for the year; leaving Green as their one big redzone target.

Walker is old, and all signs point towards Agholor being a bust.

standard scoring 6 points all td and ppr scoring all.

start 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex, def, k

I give 2017 2nd and Mike Thomas.

I receive Tavon Austin

I give Jerick McKinnon

I get Eric Decker

Here is one I wasn't part of, but I thought this was crazy

Team A gives Leveon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, Kenny Bell, and Kendall Wright

Team B gives Zeke, Alfred Morris,

12 Team PPR

Team A gets: Matt Forte, Jay Cutler

Team B gets: Jeremy Hill, Kirk Cousins, 2017 2nd
Definitely Hill side. I can only assume that the side trading for Forte is in win now mode and needed an RB with 3 down reliability. Probably gave Cousins away because he was a back up. Still feels really bad for A.

Green side.  

Steelers have a great offense, and Martavis Bryant is out for the year; leaving Green as their one big redzone target.

Walker is old, and all signs point towards Agholor being a bust.
I am a Steelers fan so believe me when I say this, their offense doesn't revolve around the TE at all.  Green is a great addition but why are people hyping him up like he's going to produce what Martavis did?  There's plenty of decent WR depth to fill that role.  Heath Miller's best season was 71 / 816 / 8 and that was the year Ben came out during training camp and said something like he's going to send Heath to the pro-bowl.  It's a very valuable position for the offense, but it's not a main cog that gets featured.  Heath was trusted as a safety valve for Ben, Green is the new tool in the shed that hasn't built chemistry with Ben yet.  AB is a great redzone target even though he's not 6'5" as well, he's had double digit TD's the last 2 years and 8 the year before, if anything they probably give it to Bell more often inside than throw it.  Literally the only thing Green has going for him right now is Martavis' suspension.

As for Agholor being a bust - why?  It's been 1 year and he hasn't had any injuries, was a 1st round draft pick, with very little competition for targets other than Matthews.  He had flashes of good plays, and flashes of rookie mistakes but that's what they were "rookie" mistakes.  

Like I said in my original post, I'm a fan of both Green and Agholor but I fail to see how a contender is better off with Green than Walker who by the way posted 1000 yds as a TE (4 TE's did it last year, 2 in 2014).  Didn't realize 31 years old is "old" for a TE.  

I never said Green will put up Martavis numbers, but Ben has always loved his TE "security blanket".  Of course I could be wrong, but I think Green should fairly easily be able to eclipse an old, slow Heath Miller's numbers.

Agholor did "nothing" last season, looked terrible in OTA's by most accounts, and is possibly facing charges and a suspension for sexual assault.

Walker is on a team that at least appears to be committed to running the ball far more often, and yes, imo 31 is "old" for a TE in a dynasty league.

I never said Green will put up Martavis numbers, but Ben has always loved his TE "security blanket".

Agholor did "nothing" last season, looked terrible in OTA's by most accounts, and is possibly facing charges and a suspension for sexual assault.

Walker is on a team that at least appears to be committed to running the ball far more often, and yes, imo 31 is "old" for a TE in a dynasty league.
You might be right about Agholor, but it is way to early to tell. Anything that happens with him suspension wise most likely won't happen until next year.

I receive Tavon Austin
2nd and Thomas assuming New Orleans mike Thomas. That's a haul for Austin- the 2nd may have been enough, but a mid 1st and a 2nd on top? Maybe I should have shopped Austin around a little more......

I give Jerick McKinnon

I get Eric Decker
I'll take decker. By the time ap is done McKinnon may have a short window to be the man. Plus decker is underrated- he's been a very nice complement in Denver and now in New York. 

Without quoting, the bell for zeke trade is interesting, I feel obligated to go bell because he's a top 3 back when healthy. Don't know what you have with Elliot, however  bell has a little bit of injury worry that makes me want to say EE. I pretty much an even swap, so that's pretty bullish on zeke.

Jeremy Hill, kelvin Benjamin and Flacco

for

mike Evans and Carson Palmer 

i may may have overpaid (sold low on hill), but thought my window to acquire Evans was closing

I receive Tavon Austin
If NOS Thomas, then that side, if LA Thomas, prolly still that side

I give Jerick McKinnon

I get Eric Decker
Decker

Here is one I wasn't part of, but I thought this was crazy

Team A gives Leveon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, Kenny Bell, and Kendall Wright

Team B gives Zeke, Alfred Morris,
Leveon

12 Team PPR

Team A gets: Matt Forte, Jay Cutler

Team B gets: Jeremy Hill, Kirk Cousins, 2017 2nd
Hill side

I receive Tavon Austin
2nd and Thomas assuming New Orleans mike Thomas. That's a haul for Austin- the 2nd may have been enough, but a mid 1st and a 2nd on top? Maybe I should have shopped Austin around a little more......
No way that's Thomas NO.  You said it yourself, a 2nd would be close on Austin, so it's only reasonable to assume that's Thomas LA, not sure how you go with Thomas NO.

Users who are viewing this thread