What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (5 Viewers)

This is the sort of move that keeps me nervous about leaving trade offers sitting in someone's email for even an hour or two...
I sent him a few offers, that was his counter. I would think we both felt reasonably certain that he would come back, but after he was reinstated he said he probably undersold. There's still a lot of risk, but big reward as well. When they were dragging out his reinstating and people started speculating that pit may draft a replacement I decided to make one more push for him. 

I don't think you will get better than 1.08 for him, so while 2.2 may be a bit of an undersell it's still at the end of the tier 2 guys and will be a good prospect in this draft. 

TheBottomLine said:
Whether he has fallen or not I can't say but I easily prefer Hyde over him and if I'm hurting at RB, throwing in a future 2nd for future 3rd is a great deal.  
We traded for a Hyde a couple of months ago and I am feeling some buyer's remorse going into the draft.  That said, bought at late first-round value, whereas I have Benjamin over every receiver in the draft and easily worthwhile of a mid 1st to a competing team.  If the Niners do not draft a running back, this is a breakeven trade, but the downside squarely rests on the team receiving Hyde in my opinion. 

We traded for a Hyde a couple of months ago and I am feeling some buyer's remorse going into the draft.  That said, bought at late first-round value, whereas I have Benjamin over every receiver in the draft and easily worthwhile of a mid 1st to a competing team.  If the Niners do not draft a running back, this is a breakeven trade, but the downside squarely rests on the team receiving Hyde in my opinion. 
You prefer KB over all of these soon-to-be rooks?  

Just hope SF doesn't draft LF
I suppose anything is possible but I'd be shocked given all their needs.  I'm sure they will draft one in the middle rounds though, more as a backup type or someone in case Hyde gets hurt (again).  Given our starting requirements though, I won't miss KB too much since I effectively replaced him with AJG

14 team PPR league with seperate 1 round devy draft.

Gave: Jared Goff and 3.13

Got: 2.07

I was rostering Mariota, Stafford and Cousins as well and with only 22 roster spots really needed the spot.

I suppose anything is possible but I'd be shocked given all their needs.  I'm sure they will draft one in the middle rounds though, more as a backup type or someone in case Hyde gets hurt (again).  Given our starting requirements though, I won't miss KB too much since I effectively replaced him with AJG
This is all pre-draft rumors with the LF and Mitch talk. Lynch is desperately trying to trade out of the number two spot.

Non-ppr Zealots

Gave: AP and Eli Manning 

Got: 2.12 & 6.12

Could I/should I have gotten more? Maybe. But I'd rather take a chance in the lottery than hope to squeeze a meaningful start out of either of these guys.  I wouldn't have likely ever started Manning anyway what with Carr/Dalton ahead of him on the roster. 

AP I couldn't give two shakes about. 
With AP signing in New Orleans I have a hard time deciding on a draft pick equivalent to him. He has some similar skills to Ingram and Payton seems to get frustrated with Ingram, so I'm not sure what the backfield split will be and if a rookie will be added.

Given that this a Zealots league and a QB is involved, the pick side of the deal seems light to me. Eli is nearing the end of his career, but I still haven't seem him go this cheaply. 

With AP signing in New Orleans I have a hard time deciding on a draft pick equivalent to him. He has some similar skills to Ingram and Payton seems to get frustrated with Ingram, so I'm not sure what the backfield split will be and if a rookie will be added.

Given that this a Zealots league and a QB is involved, the pick side of the deal seems light to me. Eli is nearing the end of his career, but I still haven't seem him go this cheaply. 
I get where you're coming from. In Zealots it's always a balance between waiting for a better deal and waiting too long and having no deal because it was taken off the table. I'm in three Zealots leagues and in this one I'm being admittedly a bit reckless with.  It's been mired in mediocrity for a long time so I'm just shaking it up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy Dufresne said:
I get where you're coming from. In Zealots it's always a balance between waiting for a better deal and waiting too long and having no deal because it was taken off the table. I'm in three Zealots leagues and in this one I'm being admittedly a bit reckless with.  It's been mired in mediocrity for a long time so I'm just shaking it up. 
I totally get this.

It can be so difficult to even TRY to improve your team in those leagues if only a couple people embrace trading.

12 tm PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)...made following 2 deals:

1) I give Mariota, J.Brown and T.ColemanI get: D.Henry, 1.112)I give K.Allen and CooksI get A.Rodgers and A.BrownRoster after deals:Rodgers, BenZeke, Gordon, Freeman, Henry, TyMoA.Brown, Hilton, Diggs, Pryor, WoodsEbron1.08, 1.11

In this league, Rodgers outscored Mariota and Ben by over 100 pts. With my RBs, I will pretty much only start 3 WRs weekly, so felt comfortable parting with both Cooks and Allen.

I totally get this.

It can be so difficult to even TRY to improve your team in those leagues if only a couple people embrace trading.
Yeah, I'm running in to this a bit in my longtime Zealots league (I'm only in 1). There isn't a ton of trading, and the trading that does happen tends to be of the "I'm only trading if I feel like I'm definitely 'winning'" variety. I've got a fairly big deal on the table that I feel like I'm giving up a bit too much on, but my team has been bottom 3rd of the league for several years now and I'm not in a good position this draft (took a gamble last year on some trades, didn't pan out and now I'm short on picks for this offseason). 

Here's the pending deal:

I give:

Matthew Stafford, Jay Ajayi, Stefon Diggs, Larry Fitzgerald

I get:

Dak Prescott, Dez Bryant, 1.05

I feel like I'm selling low on Ajayi as a whole, but generally I see it as Stafford for Prescott, Ajayi for 1.05, Diggs/Fitz for Dez, which I decided I'm comfortable with. Stafford is my QB2, and Dak gives me a young upside guy to replace him. I'm not sold on Ajayi long-term and I've been trying to move him for a couple of months with no good offers and lots of lowballs, and the 1.05 is right at the end of the tier of guys that I'm higher on in this draft. I like Diggs, but if I can use Fitz to upgrade him to a buy low opportunity on a stud, I'm going to do it. 

That is awful. You robbed him. It would take Allen, cooks plus something just for Brown in most leagues I have seen. 
Even Rodgers, in a 1 QB, 4 PT TD league doesn't hold as much value as you would think.  I agree I did well, but I don't think it's as bad as you say...

Even Rodgers, in a 1 QB, 4 PT TD league doesn't hold as much value as you would think.  I agree I did well, but I don't think it's as bad as you say...
I completely agree. QB's in those leagues don't have a lot of value but he was free. 

Yeah, I'm running in to this a bit in my longtime Zealots league (I'm only in 1). There isn't a ton of trading, and the trading that does happen tends to be of the "I'm only trading if I feel like I'm definitely 'winning'" variety. I've got a fairly big deal on the table that I feel like I'm giving up a bit too much on, but my team has been bottom 3rd of the league for several years now and I'm not in a good position this draft (took a gamble last year on some trades, didn't pan out and now I'm short on picks for this offseason). 

Here's the pending deal:

I give:

Matthew Stafford, Jay Ajayi, Stefon Diggs, Larry Fitzgerald

I get:

Dak Prescott, Dez Bryant, 1.05

I feel like I'm selling low on Ajayi as a whole, but generally I see it as Stafford for Prescott, Ajayi for 1.05, Diggs/Fitz for Dez, which I decided I'm comfortable with. Stafford is my QB2, and Dak gives me a young upside guy to replace him. I'm not sold on Ajayi long-term and I've been trying to move him for a couple of months with no good offers and lots of lowballs, and the 1.05 is right at the end of the tier of guys that I'm higher on in this draft. I like Diggs, but if I can use Fitz to upgrade him to a buy low opportunity on a stud, I'm going to do it. 
You would be getting a good deal. That would be the 1.5 for free in that one. The best 2 pieces are Dez and the 1.5. 

12 team PPR 1.25 TE, 6 pts for sacks (30 man taxi for up to 3 years)

gave up White, Kevin CHI WR and Buckner, DeForest SFO DE

For

gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.01 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.04 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 4.02 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 5.03 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 6.01 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 6.03 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 7.03

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

Gronkowski, 2.07

for

1.05, 2.05, 2018 future 1st (team finished 12th last year)

Tough call.
Yeah I think it's close. 16 team league the TE scarcity is even greater. Where I have Gronk I'm holding until his back falls off. Two early 1sts might be close though. The other thing is that Brady might throw 50 TDs this year and if Gronk actually stays healthy, I'd kind of like to get those points.

12 team PPR 1.25 TE, 6 pts for sacks (30 man taxi for up to 3 years)

gave up White, Kevin CHI WR and Buckner, DeForest SFO DE

For

gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.01 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.04 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 4.02 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 5.03 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 6.01 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 6.03 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 7.03
30 man rosters...how many of those 7 late picks would even project as making the cut?  I think I'd happily deal the back half of every rookie draft for a solid starter or high ceiling flyer, and use the remaining roster spots on FA lottery tickets or in-season waiver pickups.

This is pretty close to just giving away White and Buckner, imo.  Who do you expect to be there at 3.1 or 3.4 that offers Buckner value even?

12 team PPR SuperFlex/TE premium rookie/devy league:

Offered: 2.05, Jay Cutler
For: 2018 2nd (almost guaranteed to be 2.01-2.02. The owner wanted his pick back)

I guess it will at least be clear if Cutler is worth anything or not (seems like he'll either be signed or retire)

For: 2018 2nd (almost guaranteed to be 2.01-2.02. The owner wanted his pick back)

I guess it will at least be clear if Cutler is worth anything or not (seems like he'll either be signed or retire)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutler aside I'd rather have the pick now anyway.

Yet you preferred Gronkowski in this one?

16 team IDP graded PPR - .5 .75 1.25

Team A got Gronkowski

Team B got Kyle Rudolph, 1.08, 1.15
1.5 will be a better prospect than 1.8 and future 1st has good odds to be better than 1.15 also. I would say 1.5 is cutoff on what I would need to move Gronk. Rudolph changes nothing for me

12 tm PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)...made following 2 deals:

1) I give Mariota, J.Brown and T.ColemanI get: D.Henry, 1.112)I give K.Allen and CooksI get A.Rodgers and A.BrownRoster after deals:Rodgers, BenZeke, Gordon, Freeman, Henry, TyMoA.Brown, Hilton, Diggs, Pryor, WoodsEbron1.08, 1.11

In this league, Rodgers outscored Mariota and Ben by over 100 pts. With my RBs, I will pretty much only start 3 WRs weekly, so felt comfortable parting with both Cooks and Allen.
Great trade. Very jealous.

16tm idp ppr 

Gave: Cooks, pick 19

Got: picks 4, 7, 87
I'd be inclined to have Cooks because while the NE receiver situation is normally hard to figure, Cooks might stabilize that.

But I can also see wanting out of that situation. And two picks in the top 7 are nice in PPR leagues this year.

1.5 will be a better prospect than 1.8 and future 1st has good odds to be better than 1.15 also. I would say 1.5 is cutoff on what I would need to move Gronk. Rudolph changes nothing for me
Gotcha.  The Rudolph part is probably the hangup for me.  I don't put a significant value on him either but I do put more than zero.  He put up a pretty monstrous season last year and while I think he'll regress, there's always the chance he maintains or comes close.  That plus the value he may have to others in a TE premium league sways me quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread