What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (37 Viewers)

why would this happen? someone takes a guy top 4  in the rookie draft and then moves him for spare parts?
I wouldn't call Snead spare parts but this still looks like an awful trade. Snead might take the step to being a top 20 player but he is fairly capped by the fact that he is not the #1 and probably won't ever be, even if he goes to another team.

It felt like a team trying to win now and betting on Snead having a big year, Mack winning the starting role, and Samuel was a toss in. Bad trade though

I wouldn't call Snead spare parts but this still looks like an awful trade. Snead might take the step to being a top 20 player but he is fairly capped by the fact that he is not the #1 and probably won't ever be, even if he goes to another team.

It felt like a team trying to win now and betting on Snead having a big year, Mack winning the starting role, and Samuel was a toss in. Bad trade though
Somebody on this board equated Snead to "Lance Moore" the other day, and that's the way I see it as well. I think he may have spouts of production in the Saints offense but will never be a fantasy or NFL "star" - maybe he's a bit more than a "spare part" but if he's the best piece you are getting back in a deal for what is basically the 1.02 you should not be making that trade.

12 Team PPR, Start 9; QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, D

Team A Got: Dez Bryant, WR, DAL

Team B got: Breshad Perriman, WR, BAL; C.J. Prosise, RB, SEA; Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick (Team B's pick returned - probably middle)
 Give me Dez 

Andy Dufresne said:
Non-ppr Zealots dynasty

Team A gave up 

Cook, Jared OAK TE

Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick

Team B gave up 

Thomas, Michael NOS WR
Wrong Michael Thomas perhaps? I'm not sure that would make it any better, you'd just be swapping roles that BDSM fantasy

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Doctson/Fuller

Got: White/2.4/2.6

Love me some Doctson but felt like this was great price 

Right you are about Shepard, Daisy. Isn't it great to still be 26 - or is that still your jersey number? Keep up the great postings.
I wish I was 26, no this was my email address back then, I added the 26 because that is how old I was when I opened that email up and msudaisy was taken.

Just moved the 2.4 I got before along with 2018 2 for Derrick Henry

So net net:

Gave: Doctson/Fuller/2018 2

Got: White/Henry/Shepard/3.7

Love rookie fever

Just moved the 2.4 I got before along with 2018 2 for Derrick Henry

So net net:

Gave: Doctson/Fuller/2018 2

Got: White/Henry/Shepard/3.7

Love rookie fever
:wall:   super cheap on Henry. Really every move has been good for you. 

12 team ppr bestball start qrrwwwtfkd

Team A gives: 1.07 (Hunt), 2.07, 18 second (guessing late), Vereen

Team B gives: 1.04 (Mixon)

--------------------------

Team B gives: Coleman, Corey, 18 first (not team B's; guessing mid)

Team C gives: 1.06 (Williams), 18 first (team C's, guessing mid)

Last edited by a moderator:
16 team ppr, start qrwwtffkd

Team A gives Dez

Team B gives 18 first (guessing mid)

------------------------------------------------------

Team C gives Thielen

Team D gives White, James

Same league as above

Gave: Mitchell/Dorset/Carroo

Got: 2.2

Someone took Watson at 1.10 so this will be one of Perrine/Hunt/Njoku/Engram/Lynch/Zay

Just moved: 

Gave: 2.2 and 2019 2

Got: 2.4 and 2019 1

Andy Dufresne said:
Non-ppr Zealots dynasty

Team A gave up 

Cook, Jared OAK TE

Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick

Team B gave up 

Thomas, Michael NOS WR
It obviously depends a lot on the caliber of team giving up that 1st.  I'm really big on both Barkley and Guice so I could see making that move if I had WR depth and it was a truly awful roster.  

Same league as above

Someone took Watson at 1.10 so this will be one of Perrine/Hunt/Njoku/Engram/Lynch/Zay

Just moved: 

Wow what a pupu platter:  Mitchell,, Dorsett, and Carroo - I'm not sure any of them is even a WR4 on their own team!  Yuck - 2.02 easy

Then 2.04/#1 easy

both great moves for you, I'm jealous!

Wow what a pupu platter:  Mitchell,, Dorsett, and Carroo - I'm not sure any of them is even a WR4 on their own team!  Yuck - 2.02 easy

Then 2.04/#1 easy

both great moves for you, I'm jealous!
Thanks next I did this;

Give: 2.4/3.7/4.4

Get: Eifert/4.8

What kind of idiot trades a future 1st to move up 2 spots in the 2nd round.  Half the trades on here are a joke.
Maybe they're a joke but they're happening right now during the rookie draft. 

I would agree that it made little sense to do unless the pick was OTC and someone fell unexpectedly.

Same draft as above Hunt and Perrine available 

Gave: 2018 1

Got: 1.11

Then while OTC

Gave: 1.11/Dwayne Allen/Boyd

Got: Tevin Coleman/2.3

16 team ppr, start qrwwtffkd

Team A gives Dez

Team B gives 18 first (guessing mid)

------------------------------------------------------

Team C gives Thielen

Team D gives White, James
Is that James white or Kevin white and Jesse James? 

Same league as above

Just moved: 

Maybe they're a joke but they're happening right now during the rookie draft. 

I would agree that it made little sense to do unless the pick was OTC and someone fell unexpectedly.
It would take one of the top 7 players to fall to make that worth while. Which is highly doubtful, but it would be helpful to know who was selected/available there. 

It would take one of the top 7 players to fall to make that worth while. Which is highly doubtful, but it would be helpful to know who was selected/available there. 
For some people Kareem hunt is part of their top 8.  Huge upside.  For some it's john Ross.  Or perine.  Or engram.  Or njoku. I assume because you said top 7 you mean the consensus top 6 plus Howard but I don't even know that for sure. 

The point is if everyone has a different 8th guy then somebody is going to feel like the 8th guy has slipped way too fast and will be willing to overpay because in their mind they're getting a bargain on 1.8, not overpaying for 2.2.

Which is why those late firsts are super valuable this year if you can get them before the draft and flip them for much more during the draft. 

Well This was a 2019 1 not 2018 1 for one. 2.2 ended up having Lynch/Zay/Engram/Njoku available. He did take Zay at 2.2.

For some people Kareem hunt is part of their top 8.  Huge upside.  For some it's john Ross.  Or perine.  Or engram.  Or njoku. I assume because you said top 7 you mean the consensus top 6 plus Howard but I don't even know that for sure. 

The point is if everyone has a different 8th guy then somebody is going to feel like the 8th guy has slipped way too fast and will be willing to overpay because in their mind they're getting a bargain on 1.8, not overpaying for 2.2.

Which is why those late firsts are super valuable this year if you can get them before the draft and flip them for much more during the draft. 
:shrug:  if you say so.  I can buy Hunt as part of the top 8, but not Zay Jones. 

Well This was a 2019 1 not 2018 1 for one. 2.2 ended up having Lynch/Zay/Engram/Njoku available. He did take Zay at 2.2.
understood that it's 2019.  Doesn't make the trade better. 

:shrug:  if you say so.  I can buy Hunt as part of the top 8, but not Zay Jones. 

understood that it's 2019.  Doesn't make the trade better. 
2019 further out so it should. Anyways everyone has their own values perhaps Jones was end of his tier. Who knows. But yes I think I got a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread