What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (24 Viewers)

10 team SF

Sent - Hopkins, Vaughn, 2023 5th

Received - 2023 2nd, 4th

All picks probably going to be middle. Don't think I received the best value I could have done, he was initially offering a second, suggested a late round swap to move up to get a bit of extra value, chucked in Vaughn who's probably a cut for me anyway (he owns Fournette) to get it done. That said, happy enough with my WR situation as is (Evans/Lockett/Renfrow/Olave/ARSB) both now and for the next couple of years that I think Hopkins is expendable and I've now got 1/2/2/2 picks in rounds 1-4 next year

10 team SF

Sent - Hopkins, Vaughn, 2023 5th

Received - 2023 2nd, 4th

All picks probably going to be middle. Don't think I received the best value I could have done, he was initially offering a second, suggested a late round swap to move up to get a bit of extra value, chucked in Vaughn who's probably a cut for me anyway (he owns Fournette) to get it done. That said, happy enough with my WR situation as is (Evans/Lockett/Renfrow/Olave/ARSB) both now and for the next couple of years that I think Hopkins is expendable and I've now got 1/2/2/2 picks in rounds 1-4 next year
Score. Good deal for you. Hopkins value has cratered with the suspension. 

Last edited by a moderator:
joey said:
And what you “should” get vs what you can actually get in a real league are 2 totally different things. I imagine there might be only 1 or 2 owners in a league who even care to roster Wentz, so you gotta get the best you can from the tiny market you have available. 
I have Wentz in 2 SF leagues, I put him on the block in both leagues this past weekend asking for a 2023 2nd in return. I got an offer in 1 league within minutes, I smashed accept. In the other league however, I have received a few offers but nothing near a 2023 2nd. So I am still holding in that one. 

Amazing get of Kupp IMO. I think he has the game to be very productive for 4-5 more years. That is the kind of trade I could never pull in my league.
4-5 more very productive years seems like a stretch, IMO. He’s 28, will be 29 next month. 2023 will be his year 30 season. He’s only making 14M/season, and he’s a FA in 2024, his age 31 season.

At some point his contract could become an issue. The Rams financials are crazy. Something will have to give.

And, not for nuthin, he had a career year last year. Odds are he won’t repeat. Nothin against Kupp, but it’s a dangerous sport, he’s not the biggest dude, and it’s just hard to repeat in general. 

I’d say if shareholders get 2 more very good years out of him (top 12 FF receiver) they have to be happy. At some point age & other factors will become an issue. No escaping Father Time. Possible he also gives shareholders another 2-3 years of WR2-3 production. We’ll see. 4-5 seems like a big number, all things considered.

4-5 more very productive years seems like a stretch, IMO. He’s 28, will be 29 next month. 2023 will be his year 30 season. He’s only making 14M/season, and he’s a FA in 2024, his age 31 season.

At some point his contract could become an issue. The Rams financials are crazy. Something will have to give.

And, not for nuthin, he had a career year last year. Odds are he won’t repeat. Nothin against Kupp, but it’s a dangerous sport, he’s not the biggest dude, and it’s just hard to repeat in general. 

I’d say if shareholders get 2 more very good years out of him (top 12 FF receiver) they have to be happy. At some point age & other factors will become an issue. No escaping Father Time. Possible he also gives shareholders another 2-3 years of WR2-3 production. We’ll see. 4-5 seems like a big number, all things considered.
Maybe… But either way what the other paid for him makes it a win IMO. Aiyuk is blah, late first this year is boring… Gladly give that for Kupp.

12 team PPR, start 1 QB:

Packers trade Miles Sanders

For

Cobras Derek Carr
I think this deal is pretty square.  Derek Carr with all those weapons still isn't my preferred QB, but could see him get into some shootouts in that division.  Depends on rosters but seems even, as Miles Sanders seems to be on his way out of Philly.

23 2nd and 24 3rd

for

Cole Kmet
I think Kmet has a breakout year, but would be inclined to take my chances with that 23 2nd... assuming Kmet is probably buried on your bench, as a hasn't done s##t prospect. 

Kupp over Aiyuk easy.  However, 4-5 more years of what he does is NOT happening
Okay, your right….maybe. I think he is still catching a lot of balls at 33. He is intelligent/savvy and his game will evolve. He will still be able to rule the slot at that point. Aiyuk seems like the guy you always hate starting and end up missing his big weeks. I will set my alarm to revisit in 4-5 years.

I have Wentz in 2 SF leagues, I put him on the block in both leagues this past weekend asking for a 2023 2nd in return. I got an offer in 1 league within minutes, I smashed accept. In the other league however, I have received a few offers but nothing near a 2023 2nd. So I am still holding in that one. 
So my take is absolutely correct 50% of the time, and @Hot Sauce Guy is correct the other 50%. If we combine forces, we could start JoeyHotSauceGuy.com and make millions!!!!

I’ve been big QB hunting this off-season even in 1QB FFPC.

gave: Deshaun Watson, Hardman, Doubs, Clavin Ridoey, 2nd

got: Josh Allen

I’ve been big QB hunting this off-season even in 1QB FFPC.

gave: Deshaun Watson, Hardman, Doubs, Clavin Ridoey, 2nd

got: Josh Allen
Give me Allen. I know people trash QBs in 1QB but I personally like having a good one. With that being said Watson can be a good one but he is not an easy one to root for in my book so I would be happy to pay what you did for Allen who has no clouds of criminal history surrounding him.

@Hot Sauce Guy So the question here for the previous Wentz trade should be, "Is Kadarius Toney worth a 2023 second" with Corey Davis as a throw-in, of course?  My answer to this question is yes.  I think they are pretty similar in value.

12 team PPR 2 QB

new owner to the league has made some questionably bad trades imo. Here’s his latest:

for

James Connor

its weird cuz the 1 trade I have been able to get done with him took like 2 months of back and forth and him hardballing me to get fair value. Then he seemingly makes other trades like this in days or even hours. Is this veto worthy? Being a new owner I’m worried about his longevity in the league.

It depends on how we’re defining “very productive” - I think it’s fairly safe to say 2021 was a career year. He’s not replicating that again - but can he catch 90 balls and score 8-9 TDs at age 32? I don’t see why not.

also, Kupp is 6’2” and 210 pounds - that’s not small for a WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this is terrible. 

I’d start looking for a new league, buddy. 
I do think it’s a bad trade from a value perspective but it’s not close to veto worthy imo. Connor just seems like one of those guys no one wants to believe in, yet he puts up RB1 numbers when healthy each season.

I now own two shares of Hall and none of Connor - and I wouldn’t trade Hall for Connor but it wouldn’t be shocking for Connor to significantly outscore Hall over the next two seasons. Yes, this is dynasty so two years doesn't tell the whole story but people approach dynasty in different ways.

12 team PPR 2 QB

new owner to the league has made some questionably bad trades imo. Here’s his latest:

for

James Connor

its weird cuz the 1 trade I have been able to get done with him took like 2 months of back and forth and him hardballing me to get fair value. Then he seemingly makes other trades like this in days or even hours. Is this veto worthy? Being a new owner I’m worried about his longevity in the league.
Yes veto.  Dumb

12 team PPR 2 QB

for

James Connor

No collusion, no veto.  You can't regulate other people's ideas of trade fairness.  This may be a season of learning value for the new owner.  Leagues, even with similar rules/settings can value players/positions incredibly differently.

No collusion, no veto.  You can't regulate other people's ideas of trade fairness.  This may be a season of learning value for the new owner.  Leagues, even with similar rules/settings can value players/positions incredibly differently.
As long as there is enough of a deposit paid to be able to weather the storm when this guy inevitably quits and leaves the league with a roster full of waiver guys. 

I'd dig a little deeper and try to find out how the trade came about.

Hard to imagine that's the best he could have done if he went shopping it so probably wise to assume he was offered Conner for it.

I kinda like the Kmet side. Chicago didn't do much work on their line and Fields doesn't have much to throw too. He could turn into a t10 6'5" safety valve. 
I like the Kmet side also. 

Mid 2nd's don't do much for me personally and 3rds or later do nothing, they're chips to get deals like this one over the line.
Think the gamble on Kmet was worth the outlay, especially for a TE needy, win now team.

12 team PPR 2 QB

for

James Connor

Not sure it deserves a veto, but think he could have gotten a better deal.  

14 team 1 QB IDP PPR - 18 yr old dynasty league

Trades don't happen often in this league, especially ones involving premium assets. I am defending champ and have some aging assets(Kelce, Evans) I had been looking for a way to convert them into something younger. I have Burrow at QB. He originally offered 23 1st & Penny for Watson. I countered with this. He sat on it for almost 24 hours before pulling the trigger this AM. 

Gave: Watson and Evans

Got: 23 1st(Mid to Late), Higgins

People throw around "veto" way too easily - this was likely a bad trade, but not something that's going to destroy the league. Heck for all we know Conner has another 18 TD season this year and Hall doesn't even show enough to beat out Michael Carter. Am I expecting that? No, but as I said before if you want a laugh re-read this thread from the beginning sometimes and see how some of the trades that were thought to be so one-sided, turned out.

As long as there is enough of a deposit paid to be able to weather the storm when this guy inevitably quits and leaves the league with a roster full of waiver guys. 
Conner is a waiver guy now? He scored 18 TDs in this same offense last season. I get he doesn't look special when he runs, but the production has always been there.

It depends on how we’re defining “very productive” - I think it’s fairly safe to say 2021 was a career year. He’s not replicating that again - but can he catch 90 balls and score 8-9 TDs at age 32? I don’t see why not.

also, Kupp is 6’2” and 210 pounds - that’s not small for a WR.
32 is 3 years out. I actually said I could see him putting up WR1 numbers for 2-3 years.

4-5 puts him at 33 and 34 years old, respectively. I do not believe it’s realistic to expect Kupp (or any WR) to put up WR1 numbers at 33 or 34. It’s pretty rare to see non-QB being very productive at those ages. 

Connor to significantly outscore Hall over the next two seasons
I guess, but I think it’s just as likely those TD numbers fall and Connor is more of a backend RB2. Outside of the TD’s the numbers weren’t great. Not a single 100 yard game, despite having several games above 20 carries. 3.7 ypc isn’t anything to write home about. I personally wouldn’t expect any of the efficiency metrics to actually get better in his age-27 season, so you’re pretty much banking on him averaging nearly 2 tds a game again like last season. 

I guess, but I think it’s just as likely those TD numbers fall 
Of course it's unlikely that he'll score 18 TDs again - but can he end up with 10-12? That doesn't seem all that remote.

Also he's involved in the passing game and with Edmonds gone, his additional receptions could offset some of the lost TDs.

Like I said, this was a bad trade. I'm just surprised that so many people jumped in with "veto". I've seen far worse trades in this thread alone.

I guess, but I think it’s just as likely those TD numbers fall and Connor is more of a backend RB2. Outside of the TD’s the numbers weren’t great. Not a single 100 yard game, despite having several games above 20 carries. 3.7 ypc isn’t anything to write home about. I personally wouldn’t expect any of the efficiency metrics to actually get better in his age-27 season, so you’re pretty much banking on him averaging nearly 2 tds a game again like last season. 
Not just the TD numbers, but the expectation that he’ll play 15 games again seems a bit fanciful given his career track record. 

Last year was the healthiest he’s been his entire career, and he still played 15 games, starting 6. 

Prior to that it was 14, 13, 10, 13 (starting 0, 12, 10, 11)

he just turned 27. 

Of course you can’t predict injuries, but it seems fair to include missed time in any projections for a player who’s missed significant time in his career. 

Regardless, that trade was terrible on its face. Not veto-able without collusion, just a bad deal.

The likelihood of Hall being a bust while Conner repeats 2021 is extremely low, IMO.  

12 team PPR 2 QB

for

James Connor

Definitely a bad trade, but probably not veto worthy.

Rather than vetoing, you should probably offer him Raheem Mostert or Jeff Wilson for his '23 First - don't miss out on this bonanza!

Users who are viewing this thread