What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (5 Viewers)

Thank god for Hillary bringing these issues to the forefront!

Hillary ClintonVerified account
‏@HillaryClinton
Young people say two things:
✓ College is too expensive
✓ Student debt is crushing them

We’re going to help them:

Not sure where else to comment on this, but the fact that the Wells Fargo exec is going to get 128mil when they retire next year, despite the huge fines Wells Fargo has been given due to their shaddy practices, pisses me off.  At some point the insanity has got to stop.
Why do you hate women?

Not sure where else to comment on this, but the fact that the Wells Fargo exec is going to get 128mil when they retire next year, despite the huge fines Wells Fargo has been given due to their shaddy practices, pisses me off.  At some point the insanity has got to stop.
I worry that Bernie's message of the system being rigged is going to continue to lose momentum as we get past the election.  We need someone to continue to beat that drum until more changes are brought about.  Scenarios like Wells Fargo will continue to happen as long as these top executives have millions of dollars on the line to hit their next quarter numbers.  Squeezing every bit to make their bonus to the detriment of the workers and consumers.  I'm glad that things like healthcare and cost of education are being addressed (on some level) but we need to go farther to continue to level the playing field.  I know lots of people just thought it was crazy old Bernie screaming about the 1/10 of 1% but IMO he was absolutely right and it impacts virtually all of us.

Thank god for Hillary bringing these issues to the forefront!

Hillary ClintonVerified account
‏@HillaryClinton
Young people say two things:
✓ College is too expensive
✓ Student debt is crushing them

We’re going to help them:
We've seen this before.....talk is cheap if not worthless when coming from her.

We've seen this before.....talk is cheap if not worthless when coming from her.
If it's posted to Twitter, it must be true!

That goes for all candidates. It's scary when you talk to people IRL how much Twitter, FB, etc. postings, especially political ones, are taken as gospel and re-tweeted/posted in more cases than not without even clicking the link and reading anything outside of the headline re-transmitted. These people have votes.

Sanders: 'This is not the time for a protest vote'

"This is not the time for a protest vote, in terms of a presidential campaign," Sanders said. "I ran as a third-party candidate. I'm the longest-serving independent in the history of the United States Congress. I know more about third-party politics than anyone else in the Congress, okay? And if people want to run as third-party candidates, God bless them! Run for Congress. Run for governor. Run for state legislature. When we're talking about president of the United States, in my own personal view, this is not time for a protest vote. This is time to elect Hillary Clinton and then work after the election to mobilize millions of people to make sure she can be the most progressive president she can be."

Bernie speaks as if Hillary is holding a gun to his head.
She holds the keys to his new $600k summer home. He will be able to move in once she is elected, assuming he plays ball and orders his supporters to vote for her. 

Unfortunately for Hillary, only a small percentage of his supporters are dumb enough to vote for her. Another small percentage will vote Trump. Most will go third party or stay home. It is impossible for someone who truly believed in what Bernie preached to vote for Hillary. 

James Woods ‏@RealJamesWoods  60m60 minutes ago

Bernie Sanders Warns of the Danger of a Third-Party Vote - TIME // You got your #ThirtyPiecesOfSilver. Take a nap.

Statorama said:
Watching the debate last night really made me miss Bernie.
Trump is so truly horrible that most people will be happy when Hillary wins and we'll get 8 more years of the same.  It was obvious the country wasn't quite ready for Bernie but IMO he's absolutely what we need right now.  Hillary will continue us down the path of partisanship and division, the rich will continue to get richer and she will just throw her hands up and blame it on the Republicans.  I wish Bernie would have changed his stance on running as an independent months ago.  I think he would have won a 3 person race with Trump and Hillary.

Trump is so truly horrible that most people will be happy when Hillary wins and we'll get 8 more years of the same.  It was obvious the country wasn't quite ready for Bernie but IMO he's absolutely what we need right now.  Hillary will continue us down the path of partisanship and division, the rich will continue to get richer and she will just throw her hands up and blame it on the Republicans.  I wish Bernie would have changed his stance on running as an independent months ago.  I think he would have won a 3 person race with Trump and Hillary.
Agreed except for the bolded portion.  The system is set up for 2 person races.  An independent would face a massive uphill battle to win the EC.  They would probably need to be a yuge, well-known political force that would be a nominee otherwise (think Colin Powell or something like that).  The thing is these days all well known politicians are vilified for years by one side or the other, so they all seem tainted simply by being part of the political process.

The more DNC leaks I read about the collusion between the DNC and Clinton, the more I am certain I will never vote for her. 

A real missed opportunity to move the country in the right direction. 

He needed to start campaigning at least 6 months earlier. He still may not have won, but it would have been closer. Now what do we have to look forward to? Gavin Newsom?  :oldunsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
The more DNC leaks I read about the collusion between the DNC and Clinton, the more I am certain I will never vote for her. 

Can you just vote for the ticket that has Kaine on it and hope his running mate gets in big trouble?  I get the Hillary hate, it sears like the heat of a thousand suns in my blood.  But, the alternative in Trump is so ghastly, vile, repugnant, stupid, unhinged, dangerous that giving him any chance at the highest office--and giving false validation the idiots who support him--is impossible to comprehend.  Therefore, I'm with Kaine.

Does that fly? :shrug:

Can you just vote for the ticket that has Kaine on it and hope his running mate gets in big trouble?  I get the Hillary hate, it sears like the heat of a thousand suns in my blood.  But, the alternative in Trump is so ghastly, vile, repugnant, stupid, unhinged, dangerous that giving him any chance at the highest office--and giving false validation the idiots who support him--is impossible to comprehend.  Therefore, I'm with Kaine.

If I thought my individual vote would matter then I'd reconsider it - as it is, I get to vote my conscience and see Trump lose - win-win.  I don't know if my state allows write-ins.  If so, I will write in Bernie and be proud to do so.  I'm back to believing that Trump didn't and doesn't want to win and this was all for publicity.  It's amazing how much he's helped Hillary's image in the eyes of some - but I still remember why I wouldn't vote for her and those reasons are still valid.

Won't matter in my state - but I would point out how the last Kentucky Gubernatorial election went - Jack Conway (D) leading in almost all the pre-election polls.  Matt Bevin - of the "if Clinton wins, bloodshed might be necessary" fame, ended up winning by 9 points, on the backs of Democrats staying home...

Pretty sure none of us thought you were going to vote for her but thanks for the update.

From the Trump thread

A really good reason for Bernie voters to get off their butts and vote.

https://www.thenation.com/article/its-paul-ryan-versus-bernie-sanders-and-sanders-is-winning/

... At a gathering of Young Republicans on October 14, the speaker of the House spent most of his time not mentioning Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. But Ryan did encourage Republicans to turn out in order to thwart what he refers to as “the liberal progressive” agenda. To make his point, the speaker warned, “If we lose the Senate, do you know who becomes chair of the Senate Budget Committee? A guy named Bernie Sanders. You ever heard of him?”,,,

... Ryan’s remark has turned into such a goldmine for progressive politics that the Sanders camp is now thanking the speaker.

“Let’s thank Speaker Ryan for helping us raise $2.4 million this week from 500,000 contributions and show everyone how powerful the political revolution still is by using the hashtag #ThanksPaul across all social media channels today,” the Sanders camp announced Monday

Originally I wasn't going to vote, but after thinking long and hard, I just decided I am and I'm writing Bernie in as my protest.

I believe in none of his policies - I'm for small government and low taxes. 

Two reasons I'm writing him in:

1) I can't vote for either candidate, I just can't.

2) He was the only candidate that I think was actually doing what he thought was best for America and would not be influenced or corrupted. Regardless of how much I disagree with his policies, as a 'politician' I like him 1000000000x more than either of these frauds that our ridiculously stupid country will be voting in next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally I wasn't going to vote, but after thinking long and hard, I just decided I am and I'm writing Bernie in as my protest.

I believe in none of his policies - I'm for small government and low taxes. 

Two reasons I'm writing him in:

1) I can't vote for either candidate, I just can't.

2) He was the only candidate that I think was actually doing what he thought was best for America and would not be influenced or corrupted. Regardless of how much I disagree with his policies, as a 'politician' I like him 1000000000x more than either of these frauds that our ridiculously stupid country will be voting in next week.
:goodposting:

Bernie just endorsed Trump.

"Now is the time for our next president to rally people against Wall Street and corporate greed and stand up for the declining middle class"

Hillary 48.5 Million in donations from Wall Street

Trump 19k

• Smile
Reactions: RBM

Users who are viewing this thread