What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bourbon guys (3 Viewers)

Spectrum Sampler: BLIND - $TBD

1) @Redwes25 (added via Kutta) 
2) Instinctive 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5) cincredfan

Bucket List Sampler: BLIND - $TBD

1) @Bluesbomber (added due to double acarey) 
2) Man with no Name
3) Mr Roboto 
4) Brutal Penguin
5) Gamma1210 

Top Shelf Sampler: OPTIONAL BLIND OR LABELED - $TBD

1) @top dog - Labeled
2) @Megla - Labeled
3) @CGRdrJoe - Labeled
4) @Desert_Power Labeled
5) @kutta - Blind
6) @acarey50 - Labeled

The sample bottles and envelopes are IN.

Hoping to start going through the "bunker" and putting together options. Will ping @Ron Swanson for input / signoff. :banned:  

TIMELINE GOALS:
- Whiskey Selection & Pricing finalized by Monday 8/17.
- Pouring/Packing and Shipping done by Monday 8/24.

* Note: I'm hesitant to ship past Thursday to avoid whiskey spending hot weekend in warehouse/container. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Spectrum Sampler: BLIND - $TBD

1) @Redwes25 (added via Kutta) 
2) Instinctive 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5) cincredfan

Bucket List Sampler: BLIND - $TBD

1) @Bluesbomber (added due to double acarey) 
2) Man with no Name
3) Mr Roboto 
4) Brutal Penguin
5) Gamma1210 

Top Shelf Sampler: OPTIONAL BLIND OR LABELED - $TBD

1) @top dog - Labeled
2) @Megla - Labeled
3) @CGRdrJoe - Labeled
4) @Desert_Power Blind or Labeled? 
5) @kutta - Blind
6) @acarey50 - Labeled

The sample bottles and envelopes are IN.

Hoping to start going through the "bunker" and putting together options. Will ping @Ron Swanson for input / signoff. :banned:  

TIMELINE GOALS:
- Whiskey Selection & Pricing finalized by Monday 8/17.
- Pouring/Packing and Shipping done by Monday 8/24.

* Note: I'm hesitant to ship past Thursday to avoid whiskey spending hot weekend in warehouse/container. 
When you settle on a price PM me you address please

Thanks again

Thank you so much ...this is an excellent additional birthday present from you and to myself.lol. It was a bittersweet year, becoming SS eligible lol. I am bringing a pretty clear pallette as I enjoy top shelf, but for personal use find a much more cost efficient brand enjoyable, versatile and tasty. 

Okay I'm getting these together and I'm torn on the Top Shelf items... since most folks want to do that one labeled / open....

I'm CONSIDERING giving 7-8 options and letting folks pick 5. That way folks can get what they want most out of the options. 

I have a range of stuff including old 1992 ceramic decanter Old Commonwealth from JP Van Winkle Distillery, Willett Family Estate 11 & 12yr bottles, Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon, 12yr Van Winkle Lot B, the old style Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12yr squats, Old Taylor Four Grain Limited, and of course BTAC options like William Larue Weller, George T Stagg, and TH Handy Rye. 

Thoughts? 

The Spectrum / Bucket List packs will be Blind as usual. 

Okay I'm getting these together and I'm torn on the Top Shelf items... since most folks want to do that one labeled / open....

I'm CONSIDERING giving 7-8 options and letting folks pick 5. That way folks can get what they want most out of the options. 

I have a range of stuff including old 1992 ceramic decanter Old Commonwealth from JP Van Winkle Distillery, Willett Family Estate 11 & 12yr bottles, Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon, 12yr Van Winkle Lot B, the old style Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12yr squats, Old Taylor Four Grain Limited, and of course BTAC options like William Larue Weller, George T Stagg, and TH Handy Rye. 

Thoughts? 

:thumbup:  I'm good with this approach. 

Thoughts? 

I'll take any BTAC, the Willett Family Estate sounds intriguing as well.

Top Shelf Sampler: Confirming everyone is okay With Customizing Pack from Options? Wanted to be sure to give you guys what you want since it's kinda pricey. 

1) @top dog - OK
2) @Megla - OK
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta
6) @acarey50

Don't submit options yet but this is an image the current tentative list:

From Left to Right:
1) 1992 ceramic decanter Old Commonwealth from JP Van Winkle Distillery (link to image since it's decanted)
2) 12yr Van Winkle Lot B - 2017 Release
3) EH Taylor Special Release "Four Grain"  2018 Release
4) Willett Family Estate 11yr #438
5) Willett Family Estate 12yr  #3656
6) BTAC George T Stagg - 2019 Release (124.9pf) 
7) BTAC William Larue Weller - 2018 Release (125.7pf)
8 )BTAC Thomas H Handy Rye - 2017 Release (127.2pf)
9) Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12yr Squat - 2014 Release
10) Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon - 2016 Release

To put this in perspective, I'd say these bottles generally range from ~$400 to over $1000, with an average of around $600 or so. Leaning toward a $90 price point. 

NOTE: I'll also be including a special mystery pour in ALL 3 groups. 

1) @top dog
2) @Megla
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta
6) @acarey50

This is an image the current tentative list:

From Left to Right:
1) 1992 ceramic decanter Old Commonwealth from JP Van Winkle Distillery (link to image since it's decanted)
4) Willett Family Estate 11yr #438 - Gift Shop Only Release
5) Willett Family Estate 12yr  #3656 - Gift Shop Only Release 
10) Old Forester Birthday Bourbon - 2016 Release

To put this in perspective, I'd say these bottles generally range from ~$400 to over $1000, with an average of around $600 or so. Leaning toward a $90 price point. 

Screw it, with 3 already agreeing, and knowing the others would be down. Let's proceed with this. 

TOP SHELF Folks, please pick your 5 samples from the list above. IF you have any questions about any of the bottles, I'm MORE than happy to answer them. If there's something you're looking for that you don't see listed, I'm happy to see what I might have that fits that bill. 

I'm hoping to bottle all 3 groups this week and get them out next Monday (to avoid hot weekend in warehouse) 

Top Shelf Sampler: Confirming everyone is okay With Customizing Pack from Options? Wanted to be sure to give you guys what you want since it's kinda pricey. 

1) @top dog - OK
2) @Megla - OK
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta
6) @acarey50

From Left to Right:

2, 3, 4, 8, 10

had to do 8 so I can say I got a handy from icon :bag:

1) @top dog - OK
2) @Megla - OK
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta
6) @acarey50

From Left to Right:

I'm good with this - sounds fun. 

Put me down for labeling the samples instead of blind. Would be nice to know what I'm drinking with these top shelf fellas.

1) @top dog - OK
2) @Megla - OK
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta
6) @acarey50

From Left to Right:

2, 3, 5, 7, 8

Damn! This is exciting!

Screw it, with 3 already agreeing, and knowing the others would be down. Let's proceed with this. 

TOP SHELF Folks, please pick your 5 samples from the list above. IF you have any questions about any of the bottles, I'm MORE than happy to answer them. If there's something you're looking for that you don't see listed, I'm happy to see what I might have that fits that bill. 

I'm hoping to bottle all 3 groups this week and get them out next Monday (to avoid hot weekend in warehouse) 

1) @top dog - OK
2) @Megla - OK
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta
6) @acarey50

From Left to Right:

My reaction

1) @top dog - OK
2) @Megla - OK
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta
6) @acarey50

From Left to Right:

Having not tried any of these, I'm leaning 2,3,5,6, and 7. Thanks again

Signed up for this Flaviar service that Facebook keeps advertising to me. I signed up for it because a) NC's ABC/delivery laws are very bad for supply and b) Going to liquor store ~monthly is about the only store left I have been going to during the pandemic. Most delivery sites I have found do give me the warm and fuzzies that the bourbon will arrive.  It looks like the service is overpriced slightly, but still about what I pay at NC stores...with much better selection. Have a peaty scotch sampler in the mail.

1) @top dog - OK
2) @Megla - OK
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta
6) @acarey50

From Left to Right:

Alright - I guess I will go with:  2, 3, 5, 8, 10

Thank you

Signed up for this Flaviar service that Facebook keeps advertising to me. I signed up for it because a) NC's ABC/delivery laws are very bad for supply and b) Going to liquor store ~monthly is about the only store left I have been going to during the pandemic. Most delivery sites I have found do give me the warm and fuzzies that the bourbon will arrive.  It looks like the service is overpriced slightly, but still about what I pay at NC stores...with much better selection. Have a peaty scotch sampler in the mail.
Their bottle prices look OK, but if I'm reading it right, I'm paying $95/quarter for (mainly)

• One taster pack 
  • One full bottle
  • Free shipping on additional bottles I buy
I see there are some other "member benefits", but it feels a little pricey for the amount of bourbon I go through (which isn't a lot)

Their bottle prices look OK, but if I'm reading it right, I'm paying $95/quarter for (mainly)

• One taster pack 
  • One full bottle
I see there are some other "member benefits", but it feels a little pricey for the amount of bourbon I go through (which isn't a lot)
:oldunsure:  

I order from Jensen’s quite a bit and they’ve always been super reliable.

https://jensensliquors.com

• One taster pack 
  • One full bottle
:oldunsure:  
:shrug:  I like sipping on bourbon but I drink beer most of the time.  If they had an option for maybe $20-30 a quarter for just the taster, I'd probably try it out for a few months.

:shrug:  I like sipping on bourbon but I drink beer most of the time.  If they had an option for maybe $20-30 a quarter for just the taster, I'd probably try it out for a few months.
Was just joking about the amount of bourbon I go through. Typically only drink beer while out with friends or at breweries....so very little of that lately.

Was just joking about the amount of bourbon I go through. Typically only drink beer while out with friends or at breweries....so very little of that lately.
Yeah I get that now. Multitasking while working.

Mistook the :oldunsure:  for the  :confused:  making it a :whoosh: on my part.

Any good links for places that I can look up reasonable prices for bottles? A local store over the last year or two has been getting a much wider range of harder to get stuff, but most of it will be priced secondary market, was hoping there was like a Beckett for Bourbon I could refer to so I know what is a reasonable price for me to expect to pay.

Any good links for places that I can look up reasonable prices for bottles? A local store over the last year or two has been getting a much wider range of harder to get stuff, but most of it will be priced secondary market, was hoping there was like a Beckett for Bourbon I could refer to so I know what is a reasonable price for me to expect to pay.
Sadly no such guide exists, as the secondary market moves VERY fast. For example William Larue Weller has moved from $500ish to $850-900 in the last few months for some reason. 

It used to be pretty easy to just search any of the dozens of fairly open Facebook Bourbon groups, but most of those have been shut down by FB. The ones that remain are much harder to get into, harder to find, and involve a complex "Code" of how to post / purchase things... and if you break it you're banned from all pages (and likely the person who vouched for you, too). 

Are there any bottles you're curious about in particular? 

Sadly no such guide exists, as the secondary market moves VERY fast. For example William Larue Weller has moved from $500ish to $850-900 in the last few months for some reason. 

It used to be pretty easy to just search any of the dozens of fairly open Facebook Bourbon groups, but most of those have been shut down by FB. The ones that remain are much harder to get into, harder to find, and involve a complex "Code" of how to post / purchase things... and if you break it you're banned from all pages (and likely the person who vouched for you, too). 

Are there any bottles you're curious about in particular? 
Not at the moment, I haven't checked what he has lately, but I will probably just post here with some when things of interest pop up to at least gauge if the price is within range of being a value.

1) @top dog - OK
2) @Megla - OK
3) @CGRdrJoe
4) @Desert_Power
5) @kutta
6) @acarey50

From Left to Right:

@[icon]

Put me down for 

1, 2 , 3, 5, 8

How do you want the money? Paypal / Zelle / Venmo / Loose Coupons?

Could be because the last release was thought to be very very limited compared to other BTAC variants. Not sure where I saw that or how it was obtained though since I think Buffalo Trace stopped publishing barrel numbers. From personal anecdote, Stagg seemed to be much easier to get this year and in previous years WLW was.

@[icon]

Put me down for 

1, 2 , 3, 5, 8

How do you want the money? Paypal / Zelle / Venmo / Loose Coupons?
Gotcha!

TOP SHELF FOLKS:
Looking over this better I think I can do Top Shelf at $80 instead of $90. 

Top Shelf Samplers Payment Info: (please don't quote info in this box, I'll delete this info later)
1) Please send $80 via Venmo (@savard) or Paypal (matt_savard@yahoo.com)
2) Please include your forum name, your real name,. and shipping address (will send via USPS)
3) DO NOT MENTION ALCOHOL in comments, you can get my accounts shut down / confiscated. 
I think I'm going to try to get the Top Shelf bottles out tomorrow so you guys can potentially have them for the weekend. :banned:

Then I'll plan on getting Spectrum / Bucket List Blind samplers knocked out this week and out Monday. 

To Confirm I have folks down for the following: 
CGRDrJoe: VW12yr Lot B / EHT 4G / WFE 11yr / BTAC THH / OFBB 
Top Dog: '92 VW Old Commonwealth / VW12yr Lot B / EHT 4G / WFE 12yr / BTAC THH
Megla: EHT 4G / WFE 12yr / BTAC GTS / BTAC WLW / BTAC THH
Desert Power: VW12yr Lot B / EHT 4G / WFE 12yr / BTAC GTS / BTAC WLW
Kutta: VW12yr Lot B / EHT 4G / WFE 12yr / BTAC THH / BTAC WLW
aCarey50: VW12yr Lot B / EHT 4G / WFE 12yr / BTAC THH / OFBB

Gotcha!

TOP SHELF FOLKS:

I think I'm going to try to get the Top Shelf bottles out tomorrow so you guys can potentially have them for the weekend. :banned:

Then I'll plan on getting Spectrum / Bucket List Blind samplers knocked out this week and out Monday. 

Sent - perfect timing as it's my birthday on Monday and this is my gift to myself.

Gotcha!

TOP SHELF FOLKS:

Mine is correct and my mailing address has changed from the last time you sent stuff

Users who are viewing this thread