What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bourbon guys (3 Viewers)

I definitely enjoy this one - Costco has had it previously at a decent price - think I'm on my third bottle this year, may join you in cracking one open for today.
Ive enjoyed Woodford in the past....so will enjoy this.  Had a taste of just Jim Beam Double Oaked and it was actually pretty good for a low pricer.

FDA Foolishly Smacks Struggling Distillers With $14,000 Fee For Producing Hand Sanitizer

' this will be disastrous to small distilleries who stepped up to help produce this critical product – it will quite literally bankrupt some struggling businesses. '

Hmm
HHS late yesterday overruled the FDA and made them get rid of the ridiculous fee. Link

FWIW though, the fee was going to apply to production in 2021 and I think the majority of distillers have stopped making hand sanitizer. But it was still dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorites. 
EHT Single Barrel has probably been one of my fav's to date. Unfortunately here in MI...haven't seen in over 2 years. Actually haven't seen any of the EHT lines in about that time as well. Very tough to get the mid to top level stuff here in MI. I like Blantons, but there were others I liked more...and 1 store wanted to charge me $150 for it. I couldn't do it. Just too much $$.

I really like this one. Just bought a bottle yesterday :) I'll join ya! 

For Sho https://imgur.com/a/KNZTxJ4
Definitely tasty...not sure Id pay the going rate for it over some other things.  But I enjoyed it and a nice one to share with a couple friends once the one is recovered from the Covid.

Tonight...I may get asked to leave the bourbon thread...but I don't care to admit that Crown Royal Salted Caramel is just flat out delicious.  A different thing to have that sweet profile.

Just started getting into Bourbon. My dad has been collecting for awhile. He had me over to do a tasting the other day to help me find which ones I liked the best. His favorite distillery is Buffalo Trace, so we started with those and then tried a big variety. 

Bourbon Tasting https://imgur.com/gallery/3CEm5N3

Weller 107 was probably my favorite, but then after that it was probably Bulleit. 
I got a chance to try the Weller 107 on New Year's Eve -  that was a really tasty bourbon.

One of the only benefits of the bass ackwards PA blue laws, limited release lottery time...

Welcome spirits enthusiast to the first Limited-Release Lottery of the new year!

For this lottery, we're offering you the opportunity to opt-in for six separate drawings for the Van Winkle Whiskey 2020 release. Participants may enter one, several or all drawings. There's a limit of one bottle per winner for purchase. 

Pennsylvania residents and licensees have until 5 p.m. Friday, January 8, to opt-in for any drawing. Drawings will be conducted the week of January 11, and we hope to notify all winning and non-winning entries by Friday, January 29. 

Limited-Release Lottery products:

·     Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve Straight Bourbon 23 Year Old 95.6 Proof 2020 Release, $399.99, 23 bottles (18 for individual consumers, 5 for licensees)

·     Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve Straight Bourbon 20 Year Old 90.4 Proof 2020 Release, $249.99, 71 bottles (54 for individual consumers, 17 for licensees)

·     Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve Straight Bourbon 15 Year Old 107 Proof 2020 Release, $149.99, 178 bottles (134 for individual consumers, 44 for licensees)

·     Van Winkle Family Reserve Straight Rye Whiskey 13 Year Old 95.6 Proof 2020 Release, $159.99, 178 bottles (134 for individual consumers, 44 for licensees)

·     Old Rip Van Winkle Handmade Straight Bourbon 10 Year Old 107 Proof 2020 Release, $89.99, 493 bottles (370 for individual consumers, 123 for licensees)

·     Van Winkle Special Reserve Straight Bourbon 12 Year Old 90.4 Proof 2020 Release, $99.99, 988 bottles (741 for individual consumers, 247 for licensees)

In light of attempts by previous lottery winners to illegally resell products obtained through Limited-Release Lotteries, the lottery Terms and Conditions remind residents that the sale of alcoholic beverages without a license is strictly prohibited under Pennsylvania law. When entering a Limited-Release Lottery, a participant will be asked to acknowledge that he or she agrees to these terms and conditions and is a Pennsylvania resident or active licensee.

@kutta Fry's on Jefferson in Phoenix from 4-7pm tomorrow and one in Chandler on Friday if either is near you. I won the one in the west valley. 

Bought a bottle of Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Bourbon today on a recommendation, and because it was there (my top 4 choices weren’t).  Looking forward to trying a new bourbon.  It’s been a while since my local choices are pretty limited.

Bought a bottle of Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Bourbon today on a recommendation, and because it was there (my top 4 choices weren’t).  Looking forward to trying a new bourbon.  It’s been a while since my local choices are pretty limited.
It’s good.  OF can tend to have some oak finish but this one not in a tannic way.  Enjoy!

Won the lottery for a bottle of the 13 yr Pappy Rye today.
I had a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle, when it was empty I filled it with Basil Hayden.   I give it to my friends...My buddies always say "Dam..Pappy is the best, smoothest ever!"  After they are done I tell them it was BH. Good bourbon but not in the same price ballpark  😜

How does this work? I can’t make it, but am interested for next time.
At the Fry's out here, they set up a table manned by a couple of people handing out raffle tickets. You had to fill out name, number, and address and return that half of the ticket to them. You kept the other half for proof it was yours. They were open from 8-11am handing out tickets. After that closed, they drew winners. I was not present, so I can't speak to that process. No idea how many people showed up either, but I know there was a lengthy line when my wife was there at 8am, and there was not one at all when I got there around 9:45.  You didn't have to be present to win, but you had to pick up your bottle by 3pm the next day. 

I'm told they also had bottles of Blanton's for sale that the early folks cleaned out. And "some other stuff". I have no idea what that entails. A buddy of mine is industry and knows someone involved in this process at the location this evening. Supposedly they're going to have Blanton's and Weller for sale at that location, but that's all second-hand and no idea quantities, prices, etc even if true. I would assume they go on sale at the 4pm time they launch the raffle, but it could have all been there first thing this morning and be gone already. No clue whatsoever.

Just bought a bottle of this myself on Sunday at Costco - they only had 6 bottles left. Have not opened it yet. I've now got about 4 or 5 different varieties of Old Forrester, and have only opened one - I may just do a blind OF tasting one night just to see which I like.

Had Blanton's this weekend for the first time ever. I said to the not-very-bourbon-educated waiter "is it the bottle with the horse on top?" and he said yes. I said I'll have one of those on the rocks.  Him: "Single or double?" Just went with a single. He proceeds to bring me about 3/4 of a tumbler full! :eek:  But damn, that was good stuff! My new favorite, methinks. 

Had Blanton's this weekend for the first time ever. I said to the not-very-bourbon-educated waiter "is it the bottle with the horse on top?" and he said yes. I said I'll have one of those on the rocks.  Him: "Single or double?" Just went with a single. He proceeds to bring me about 3/4 of a tumbler full! :eek:  But damn, that was good stuff! My new favorite, methinks. 

It was 3/4 full because of the ice.  Which, by the way - Why?!?!

I hope he's your favorite waiter as well. But the shark move is to go find the bartender, tip him well, and have a couple more at the bar. Everyone needs a heavy handed go to bartender in their lives.

I picked up Woodford Reserve and Russell's Reserve before NYE. I like both of them but my favorite in that price range is still EC (small batch is my go to buy loved the barrel proof we were able to snag). Still need to try Basil Hayden though. 

Some of the stores around here have some of the Four Roses Single Barrel at $50, is that worth grabbing? What about the EC toasted barrel at $50?

I got a chance to try the Weller 107 on New Year's Eve -  that was a really tasty bourbon.
Yah I really liked it. I picked up a couple bottles of Eagle Rare the other day and it's my current favorite of my collection. My dad recently scored a Weller Full Proof and that is some tasty stuff. 

The time has officially come for the NH Liquor Wine Outlet's limited release raffle! We are providing you with the chance to purchase the following extremely rare and coveted spirits:

Van Winkle Special Reserve 10 Year
Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year
Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year
Elmer T. Lee Bourbon
Old Forester Birthday
Elijah Craig 18 Year
W. Larue Weller KY Bourbon
George T. Stagg KY Bourbon
Sazerac Rye Whiskey 18 Year
Eagle Rare Bourbon 17 Year
T.H. Handy Sazerac Rye Whiskey
Weller Full Proof
Weller CYPB
Weller Single Barrel
Old Fitzgerald 15 Year Decanter
Old Fitzgerald 9 Year BIB Decanter
Old Fitzgerald 14 Year BIB Decanter

Entries will be selected based on the preferences you have set in your NH Liquor and Wine Outlet account. Please make sure your store and product preferences are accurate within the next 48 hours.

Entries will be chosen on Thursday, January 21st and will be notified with instructions for next steps within 5 days.

If you do not currently have an account and wish to be eligible, please take the following steps to create a profile and update your limited release items:

Visit www.LiquorandWineOutlets.com

Click on Login/Register in the top right

If you already have an account, login. If you do not yet have an account, click on “Create Account”

Once logged in, click on “My Account” in the top right of the website and select “Limited Release Raffles” from the dropdown.

Click on “Add Brands” to add the brands that you are interested in. News of upcoming raffles will appear on this page.

Welp, it only took about a year of being in COVID-world to make me a "home drinker".

Honestly, pre-COVID, the only time I'd imbibe at home was to have a couple of pops before going out with my buddies.  I figured I'd save myself $10-15 by priming myself a bit.

But yeah, I've been going through bourbon like it's water the past month or so though.  

I did a "bourbon exchange" (well, pyramid scheme, I suppose) around Christmas and a buddy sent me a bottle of Old Forester 1920.  Man, was that good.  115 proof, too!  

I've been drinking the Old Forester "standard edition" mostly.  And yes it's sacrilegious but I mix.   :whistle:   It's just soooo delicious making a Lynchberg Lemonade.  Goes down smooth and before I know it, I have a nice little buzz that gets me through the evening and puts me right out at bedtime.

HEADS UP! 

meant to post this earlier but if you can find one of these bottles grab it! 

Jack Daniels Limited Single Barrel - Barrel Proof Rye (MSRP $65)

This #### is GOOD. Huge flavors of molasses and baking spice. Some dark fruit like raisin and plum. It's bold as hell without being overly ethanol forward. Big mouthfeel.. oily and viscous. Finish lingers beautifully. One of the best ryes I've ever had. No BS. 

Absolutely delicious. 

It's not easy to find, but also not so rare that store owners will be annoyed with you calling and asking about it. 

If you like big full flavored whiskeys and/or  like rye.... jump on this. They're selling out fast everywhere. 

In case you can't tell.. I'm a fan

:banned:
Icon - I finally ran across one of these on the shelf and OMG you were not kidding ... thanks for the suggestion!   :banned:

Don't think I've ever had a barrel high-proof that is packed w/ flavor & finishes so smooth like this one does.  

I suppose I could sift through the thread... but hey, anyone have a good suggestion for a $25-30 bottle?  I've been drinking Old Forester, which is $21 at my local liquor store.  It's good.  Also been trying the Cowboy Little Barrel.  They have a rye which is good. $20 at my store.  Perfect for 3-4-5ish drinks with no hangover.  Yay for that.

I suppose I could sift through the thread... but hey, anyone have a good suggestion for a $25-30 bottle?  I've been drinking Old Forester, which is $21 at my local liquor store.  It's good.  Also been trying the Cowboy Little Barrel.  They have a rye which is good. $20 at my store.  Perfect for 3-4-5ish drinks with no hangover.  Yay for that.
Elijah Craig Small Batch is really good and in that range.

Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey 101, or Early Times.

Are you in Orange County, CA?

Icon - I finally ran across one of these on the shelf and OMG you were not kidding ... thanks for the suggestion!   :banned:

Don't think I've ever had a barrel high-proof that is packed w/ flavor & finishes so smooth like this one does.  
Awesome! glad you found one!

They're tough to find... secondary has them in the same range as Weller 12 at this point. IMO it's better whiskey. 

Makers or EW BIB are pretty solid choices in that range.

Ugh, looked up a store in so cal and had forgot they had grubhub for their store. Anywho they had Elmer T Lee on there for $120, by the time I did a little googling and put in the order it was already gone. I got to remember to check more often, they always get good stuff and throw it online as well as in store. :wall:  it’s nice to have my parents house to have it delivered to down there.

Big fan of Buffalo Trace and Russell's Reserve 10 yr in that range.

Users who are viewing this thread