What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 5 (2 Viewers)

Is there anything on Edelman besides "foot"?  I see he was limited in practice, not didn't practice. 
Nothing besides foot that I've seen - not even left or right.  That is annoying because the concern hype train is linking it to the left foot which he previously had offseason surgery on.

D Washington, Edelman, Rudolph... I gotta stop playing Thursday slate
You can still swap them out.  I do think Rudolph plays.  His backup was a DNP and Diggs has been a DNP for the last two days.  Theyre going to need him.  I do like McKinnon even more now though

Is there anything on Edelman besides "foot"?  I see he was limited in practice, not didn't practice. 
Anytime a player is a late week addition to the injury report its bad news.  If they pick up a new midweek injury its going to take time to heal, the closer that injury is to game time the better the chance they are limited or miss the game all together.  Also, its normal to get hurt in an NFL game, its not normal to get hurt at practice.  If theyre getting hurt at practice so badly that it limits them then theres an increased chance the injury is significant. 

You can still swap them out.  I do think Rudolph plays.  His backup was a DNP and Diggs has been a DNP for the last two days.  Theyre going to need him.  I do like McKinnon even more now though
I have -- I just wish it was some of the higher priced chalk catching early week red flags instead of the bargain basement.

Yeah, I think I am done with the Thurs stuff.   Way too frustrating to see 30 people pop up on the injury report as Q and have to try to weed through the info. 

I kept and tweaked my measly two entries, but was going to add more, but of course they had the likes of Washington, Edelman, Rudolph, etc..  so I stopped at two. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also eying both Tenn and Miami DST tonight. The field could be a swamp, especially if they play that FSU-Miami game Saturday night. Seems like a reasonable play in GPP this far out. 

Agreed. Just threw this in a Thurs GPP

Stanton

David Johnson

Jordan Howard

Antonio

BMarshall

C Beasley

Rudolph

Crosby

Vikes
Of course, Stanton is awful so there's that. This is the gem I trotted out:

Stanton

Johnson/Washington

J. Brown/Alshon/AJ

olsen

Dawson

Titans

That's the kind of lineup that gets accused of cheating if it hits. 

Of course, Stanton is awful so there's that. This is the gem I trotted out:

Stanton

Johnson/Washington

J. Brown/Alshon/AJ

olsen

Dawson

Titans

That's the kind of lineup that gets accused of cheating if it hits. 
Actually changed last minute and ended up

Stanton 

Johnson/DeAndre Washington

Antonio/OBJ/ESanders

Rudolph

Crosby/Minny

26% in low stakes gpp
37% in my low stakes double up. 

Love looking at the leader boards on Thursday, but it's also frustrating as hell.  The top 4 people played either 7 or 8 people from this game and are rounding on 140. (hell, the guy at the top of the cash game has 6 from this game).  I laugh a little because they are dumb lineups and 140 isn't going to come close to winning much (but might cash), then get pissed because I spent hours last week thinking about crap and only had 1 out of 5 tourney lineups get that many points. 

I mean come on - somebody started Streater and Gresham in a cash game, and is going to double their money for that lineup this week. :wall:

threw a few bucks on my anti-brady gpp lineup:

ben

blount/gore

ab/kbenj/coates

ertz

walsh

minn
I was going to fade Brady, but made a NE stack for fun.  Since I have been doing this I have been throwing out a NE stack in a cheap gpp for fun/good luck (usually at DK for $.25 though). 

My Thurs-Mon theme is the NE injury special.  Edelman showed up so I took him out and rolled out Hogan, and playing Bennett over Gronk this week:

Brady

Johnson :excited: /Howard

K.Benj/Matthews/Hogan

Bennett

Adam V

Philly

yeah i think hogan is a great gpp punt play at wr this week. then again i thought jamo and ginn were great gpp punt plays last week so theres that...

Kendricks seems to be a good value at TE.  $4,500 and he got the most targets on the team last week.  Sure he won't get 18pts but maybe 8 or 9 and a TD would just be icing.  Leaves lots of $ for other positions.

My Stanton gpp turned out to be a 50/50. Probably a good mistake.

37% in my low stakes double up. 

Love looking at the leader boards on Thursday, but it's also frustrating as hell.  The top 4 people played either 7 or 8 people from this game and are rounding on 140. (hell, the guy at the top of the cash game has 6 from this game).  I laugh a little because they are dumb lineups and 140 isn't going to come close to winning much (but might cash), then get pissed because I spent hours last week thinking about crap and only had 1 out of 5 tourney lineups get that many points. 

I mean come on - somebody started Streater and Gresham in a cash game, and is going to double their money for that lineup this week. :wall:
I won't lie- I have stacked a Thursday game just so I can see my name next to some big money for a couple days.....show my wife- " see, right now I'm winning $5000!....."

Happy the 50/50 I didn't play Dj in only has 25%- leaves some room there for me to squeeze in hopefully. Why I was playing Thursday without Dj is beyond me.

Went very heavy on Derek Anderson in Thursday GPPs. Having a tough time finding value plays at RB/WR I feel strongly about this week, so getting down to $5k at QB in a matchup I like was worth the risk of taking a 0 for me. The cheap guy I'm most intrigued by right now is probably Sammie Coates ($5,300). Got him into some lineups last night.

Went very heavy on Derek Anderson in Thursday GPPs. Having a tough time finding value plays at RB/WR I feel strongly about this week, so getting down to $5k at QB in a matchup I like was worth the risk of taking a 0 for me. The cheap guy I'm most intrigued by right now is probably Sammie Coates ($5,300). Got him into some lineups last night.
I like your thinking- Anderson can easily surpass that price point. 

Happy the 50/50 I didn't play Dj in only has 25%- leaves some room there for me to squeeze in hopefully. Why I was playing Thursday without Dj is beyond me.
DJ was the only player I used from last nights game in a $2 50/50 and was at 28%. The strange thing is I'm currently tied for 4th with like 22 other people-hardly anyone used more than 2 thursday players and the current leader only had DJ and Hyde.

Thanks again for whoever linked it a couple weeks ago, but I was looking at Fantasy Aces week 5 gpp ownership.  Granted, different site, pricing, and just a small tourney, but something is better than nothing:

LINK

Little disheartening to see the high ownership on the WRs/Qbs I was looking at for stacks, but shouldn't be a surprise.  Everybody are on those Pitt/NYJ and GB/NYJ games for good reason.  Maybe a week to go with Julio or Green again or guys like Marvin to mix it up.  :shrug:   I think there are a lot opportunities to get creative with Rbs though too.  So go with Cooper, Marshall, and OBJ and throw in a guy like Elliot, Gurley, or Miller.

Are there any other sites/tools that give us an idea of ownership %, or since they clamped down on that are we just going with educated guesses? Follow up question: how low of % do you look for when thinking about your gpp? 1-2 guys under 10%? Do you want 1-2% guy, etc? 

Are there any other sites/tools that give us an idea of ownership %, or since they clamped down on that are we just going with educated guesses? Follow up question: how low of % do you look for when thinking about your gpp? 1-2 guys under 10%? Do you want 1-2% guy, etc? 
It's a shame that FBG's "projecting ownership" column does not actually project ownership

Thanks again for whoever linked it a couple weeks ago, but I was looking at Fantasy Aces week 5 gpp ownership.  Granted, different site, pricing, and just a small tourney, but something is better than nothing:

LINK

Little disheartening to see the high ownership on the WRs/Qbs I was looking at for stacks, but shouldn't be a surprise.  Everybody are on those Pitt/NYJ and GB/NYJ games for good reason.  Maybe a week to go with Julio or Green again or guys like Marvin to mix it up.  :shrug:   I think there are a lot opportunities to get creative with Rbs though too.  So go with Cooper, Marshall, and OBJ and throw in a guy like Elliot, Gurley, or Miller.

Nice link-my 2 gpp stacks look pretty low owned (luck/TY)(Eli/OBJ) and using Gurly in 80% of my lineups. Do have a lot of Howard and Washington tho but I really like their matchups and price. First gpp lineup I did I had 1600k left over-lol.

Nice link-my 2 gpp stacks look pretty low owned (luck/TY)(Eli/OBJ) and using Gurly in 80% of my lineups. Do have a lot of Howard and Washington tho but I really like their matchups and price. First gpp lineup I did I had 1600k left over-lol.
Yeah, and the other factor in there is when you start combining the % and thinking of it like the subscriber contest.  Maybe OBJ, Brown, Howard, and Washington have high ownership % this week, but how many entries have all 4 players going?  If your entry is the one that does have all 4 and they go off, you still have a great leg up on the competition. 

It's a shame that FBG's "projecting ownership" column does not actually project ownership
Yeah, they used to have that great column on Friday last year that had more of a breakdown of %, but that was before FD put the clampdown on being able to see the % after the Thursday contest started up. (unless I am just not seeing the % on FD - all I see are the players I have who played last night.)

Yeah, they used to have that great column on Friday last year that had more of a breakdown of %, but that was before FD put the clampdown on being able to see the % after the Thursday contest started up. (unless I am just not seeing the % on FD - all I see are the players I have who played last night.)
No, it's not you; I'm not seeing it either and I think you are spot on about FD putting a stop to that. Having that last year helped me to a 6th-place finish Thanksgiving weekend on a large GPP. Oh well - easy come, easy go.

Kendricks seems to be a good value at TE.  $4,500 and he got the most targets on the team last week.  Sure he won't get 18pts but maybe 8 or 9 and a TD would just be icing.  Leaves lots of $ for other positions.
I think for $500 more you could roll with Richard Rodgers. Cook had 11 targets before his injury so those targets are going to go to someone. Oh yeah, and he has Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball, not Case Keenum.  :P

Latavius is out.  Have to exploit some value there for GPP.  Not sure if the situation is clear enough for cash.

If you need a cheap (4500) sleeper I like Cam Meredith WR Bears. He's starting on the outside in place of White and could have some chemistry with Hoyer as they worked on the 2nd team together. I have him and Hoyer in a gpp

If you need a cheap (4500) sleeper I like Cam Meredith WR Bears. He's starting on the outside in place of White and could have some chemistry with Hoyer as they worked on the 2nd team together. I have him and Hoyer in a gpp
You have all the ownership on that one??

Evdr

Stupid mobile.

Everyone is hip to Washington.  What about JR for a gpp play?    
Sometimes I fade a guy because it seems like his ownership is going to be sky high, but then it's between 10%-15%. If you think Washington or Richard just needs opportunity, they'll get it this week. Fire em up.

Had big servings of Emmanuel Sanders in my GPPs this week. Thoughts on the Broncos receivers with Lynch?

Seems like I am going to do some rearranging to get more CJ Anderson in lineups.

Had big servings of Emmanuel Sanders in my GPPs this week. Thoughts on the Broncos receivers with Lynch?

Seems like I am going to do some rearranging to get more CJ Anderson in lineups.
I think we need a little more of a sample from Lynch, but in general, I like the offense more if Lynch plays.  I didn't seem like he favored one WR over the other, but I could be off on that.  Siemian did seem to look more Sanders' way, but I also worry a tad about the injury, and if they have him in are they going to be more conservative and try to run even more?

Had a little too much fun with the gpps this week.  Didn't do much last week with my method, but I did actually make money on them (a couple bucks), so in only encouraged me more for this week.  Just like trying to find little tidbits/stats/nuggets and make lineups on that.  Here are a couple that I came up with this week - be patient, I have had a couple too many and will be rambling...

Just like damn near everybody else I talk to, I love the value at RB and love the high end WRs this week.  I was trying to make stacks and the ill advised power stacks and then fill in low % guys.  So, my gpps revolve around Brown, OBJ, Marshall, and Cooper.  I have a lineup with a stack with each of their Qbs going. 

NYJ vs. PITT 

Here we have one of the higher o/us for the week.  What makes this matchup fun is that both of these Defenses are good vs. the run and #### vs. the pass.  Like I posted above, Pitts is also the worst vs pass catching rbs and have already allowed 2 100 receiving games from RBs.  Powell's involvement in the Offense has increased the last couple weeks and Forte is dinged a little.  SO - I have 2 entries with 4 players from this game each, and both feature Powell, Brown, Marshall.  We have:

Ben/Powell/McKinnon/AB/Marshall/Cooper/Bennett/Crosby/Minn  (Cooper again, I like Bennett in gpp, and also stack the Rb/Def - why not go all in?)

Fitz/Powell/Gurley/AB/Marshall/OBJ/Miller/Crosby/LA (the savings in Fitz got OBJ in this one, and again paired the Rb/Def.)

SD vs. OAK

Again, might as well have fun with the only game with the o/u over 50 this week.  SD corners are dropping like flies and so are Oak Rbs, so WTF - time for an OAK power stack.  It's not without reason though - SD is #6 vs. the run, and 6th worst vs. pass, and that was before another injury.  At home, high implied team total, and Cooper and Crabtree fairly cheap.  Why not? Cooper has to score a TD one of these weeks, right? On the flip side, Oak has been bad overall on D, but is 2nd worst in yds/game allowed, so again - 4 players in one game...

Carr/Gordon/Blount/Cooper/Crabtree/Marshall/Rudolph/Boswell/NE (I figure if I am saying Blount will do well, NE is crushing it so I might as well stack again.)

GB vs. NYG:

Looking through, GB is the best Def vs. the run, and it's not like NY has anybody in that department anyway.  Also, there is only one defense that is good vs the run, but  top in recs allowed to receivers, along with yds and TD allowed to receivers, and that is - you guessed it, GB!!  Yet another power stack! This is one that I am still tinkering with (I should look at my cash lineups), but right now I have:

Eli/D.Wash/McKinnon/OBJ/Cruz/Brown/Reed/Tucker/Minn

Not really sure how unique these are, but maybe the power stacks and way too much focus on a couple will help with uniqueness IF they hit along with guys like Powell, Gurley, Blount, that might be a little lower owned this week.  I do have one more that is just a mish mash of guys that I had left over that really didn't fit a 'narrative' that I came up with, but am still tinkering on that.  Any opinions welcome..

Lynch looked pretty good when he had to finish up the last game. Could  see he has a better arm and with a week of working with the starters I could see him having a decent day and taking more deep shots.

I'm attacking the NY/GB game as well as I think it's going to be a shootout and lesser owned than players from OAK/SD. My mini squib lineup is a lot like yours

eli

Washington gurley

brown beckham cobb

pitta

crosby

minn

The lineup I penciled in on Tuesday has been gradually more and more liked by the IVC. Makes me feel pretty ok about it:

Ben

Gordon/McKinnon

AJ/Crabtree/Mathews

Rudolph

Crosby

Minnesota

ive got a couple negative-correlation plays in there I know, but it's felt solid for cash all week.  

GPP #1: QB - Roethlisberger, RB1 - M. Gordon / RB2 - McKinnon, WR1 - Brown / WR2 - J. Nelson / WR3 - S. Coates, TE - Tye, K - Nugent, DEF - Minn

GPP #2: QB - Lynch, RB1 - D. Murray, RB2 - CJ Anderson, WR1 - Brown / WR2 - Sanders / WR3 - R. Woods, TE - Barnidge, K - Crosby, DEF - Phl

Obviously, the uniqueness in #2 is going to come from Barnidge & Woods. For Woods, it's a homecoming game of sorts, playing in front of family with Watkins on IR; it's his time to shine if he's ever going to do it, against a Rams DEF that has only given up 2 TD's to WR's in four games, but, has also given up 847 yards to WR's. Barnidge - hey, somebody in Cleveland has to catch a pass, right? It's the ultimate dart-throw.

In #1, Coates is going to be the boom-or-bust dart throw that will be dependent on catching a long TD, which is clearly in play. Tye - Donnell is out & GB's DEF, while not giving up earth-shattering numbers to TE's, shows that they can give up something and this game has shoot-out potential. Tye has put up numbers before when Donnell was hurt. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread