What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing (3 Viewers)

Not a bad start.  Covington played great, the rooks played solid, and Embiid was his usual self.  Losing to Washington by 5 in their home opener is pretty darn good.  Friday will tell us a lot more.

I'm more concerned about the mistakes at the end. It was 115-113, the sixers managed to get 2 turnovers and then gave it right back without a shot. 

Plus what is the deal with Fultz free throw shot? Is he being taught to shoot that way? He didn't shoot like that in summer league. I'm worried about that weirdness.

I'm more concerned about the mistakes at the end. It was 115-113, the sixers managed to get 2 turnovers and then gave it right back without a shot. 

Plus what is the deal with Fultz free throw shot? Is he being taught to shoot that way? He didn't shoot like that in summer league. I'm worried about that weirdness.
He's got one of the worst looking free throw shots from a highly picked guard I can remember.  Awful.  How can that ever be an issue.  Practice and figure out what works for you.  No one can tell you how to do it.  

Really?  He has NOT always shot like that.  His shoulder is messed... as much as I hate it, we need to sit him for a bit and get him healthy.  The team can survive just fine without him.  Our record isn't indicative of our team... that schedule has been crushing to us.

This is a momentus occasion. This is the first time we've been above .500 in 4 years I believe. We're on our way.

Well that was a tough one. Especially since Sacramento sucks. We were up 108-102 with a minute to go. Jo Jo couldn't score when they needed him twice. 

Well that was a tough one. Especially since Sacramento sucks. We were up 108-102 with a minute to go. Jo Jo couldn't score when they needed him twice. 
This team keeps blowing leads.  Have been leading late in the 4th quarter in every loss except for one.  Ugh.

Finally watching the 2nd half of the Laker game, while listening to the re-release of the RTRS interview with Sam Hinkie from 2013.  Life is glorious.

Hard to imagine that Simmons vs. Ingram was once a debate (not that Ingram is terrible).   Kuzma is pretty slick, though.

A little humbling that it took a herculean effort from Embiid to barely beat the Lakers.  Defense still a work in progress.

A lot of work to do. They seem to play up and down to competition at times. But losses to Phoenix, LA and Sacro show that they have a lot to work on. Hopefully they figure it out by January and start to string some wins together.

A lot of work to do. They seem to play up and down to competition at times. But losses to Phoenix, LA and Sacro show that they have a lot to work on. Hopefully they figure it out by January and start to string some wins together.
They have shown me alot.  Wins will come.

This team needs to get it's #### together. They followed up the gutsy tough loss on Friday with 2 ####ty losses to bottom dwelling teams. 

thecatch said:
It would probably help if Embiid could actually, you know, play. 
The team is good enough without Embiid to beat these bad teams. We all knew going in that Embiid would be playing probably 65-75 games a year. 

The team is good enough without Embiid to beat these bad teams. We all knew going in that Embiid would be playing probably 65-75 games a year. 
My guess is that they’d be a low-mid 30 win team without Embiid, although I haven’t looked up their point differential in games he hasn’t played (edit: 1-6 record). Simmons’s weaknesses seem to really get exposed without Embiid drawing so much attention. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This team needs to get it's #### together. They followed up the gutsy tough loss on Friday with 2 ####ty losses to bottom dwelling teams. 
We keep blowing big leads.  To Sac, and now to Toronto.  We have had the 2nd hardest schedule in the nba so far this season.  Yet somehow are still near .500 while missing our #1 overall pick all year, and the best player on the team for 30% of the games this year.  Sucks how we can't finish out games and how many close games we've lost.  Much better than our record right now.

I realize it's December but this team is in some trouble. Early in the year they looked like they could be a top 3 seed. Now they look a lottery team again. 

If they miss the playoffs, Brett Brown is gone.

I realize it's December but this team is in some trouble. Early in the year they looked like they could be a top 3 seed. Now they look a lottery team again. 

If they miss the playoffs, Brett Brown is gone.
We just moved into sole possession of #1 strength of schedule in the nba this year so far.  We have been killed by this schedule.  Still 15th in the league in rpi which is actually a pretty good indicator of how good a team is. We need to go on a winning streak after this brutal road trip and we'll be okay.

We just moved into sole possession of #1 strength of schedule in the nba this year so far.  We have been killed by this schedule.  Still 15th in the league in rpi which is actually a pretty good indicator of how good a team is. We need to go on a winning streak after this brutal road trip and we'll be okay.
Where do you see those stats? B-ball reference has their strength of schedule at 17, and their point differential is right on track with their record 

Where do you see those stats? B-ball reference has their strength of schedule at 17, and their point differential is right on track with their record 
http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

You can click on RPI to sort it that way too.  I actually really like the RPI formula, it's one of the better "random equation based formulas" in sports stats in terms of portraying how good the team is.

This team is so frustrating.  Why can't we finish a game?  Another 10 point 4th quarter lead, followed by being outscored 42-25 in the 4th.  We HAVE to be the worst 4th quarter team in the league, and probably top 8 in the first 3 quarters.  Brutal.

We were up 78-60 with 3 min left in the 3rd.   They went on a 19-0 run in the 4th.  19-0!!!!  Story of the season.  Team is so much better than our record but we need to ####### finish games.

We looked like a playoff team tonight.  Lots of energy, great play from Ben and Embiid and Saric, and closing out the game strong despite giving up a lead.  We play like this the rest of the year and we'll be in good shape.

Yes last week or so they've been good. Last night was great to see them close it out.
Another good one tonight.  Up 62-32 at halftime vs a decent Pistons team.

Brown has challenged Ben to score more, be more aggressive, and look to shoot first like he did at LSU.  It has not only made him look better, but the whole team looks to be clicking when he's done that. 

4 wins in a row and rolling.  Love the London game thing, it's going to give Embiid lots of time to rest up.  Only 1 game in next 10 days.

Kind of interesting when looking at some of the numbers for this team:

Number 1 in rebounds

Number 3 in assists

Number 5 in steals

Number 6 in Def Rating

Number 10 in TS%

Number 30 in Turnover Rate

I know it's been a very frustrating season and if they didn't lose those stupid games to the Bulls, Suns, Kings and Lakers, we'd be pretty happy right now, but over time they will hopefully straighten out this ball control issue and really excel.

Kind of interesting when looking at some of the numbers for this team:

Number 1 in rebounds

Number 3 in assists

Number 5 in steals

Number 6 in Def Rating

Number 10 in TS%

Number 30 in Turnover Rate

I know it's been a very frustrating season and if they didn't lose those stupid games to the Bulls, Suns, Kings and Lakers, we'd be pretty happy right now, but over time they will hopefully straighten out this ball control issue and really excel.
Ya the stats make us a better team than our record.  Frustrating that we are so bad closing out games.  We were up 23 with 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter today and 10 minutes later we were only up by 1.   Here's an interesting stat on scoring rank by quarter this season. 

1st Quarter:  4th
2nd Quarter:  14th
3rd Quarter:  15th
4th Quarter:   17th

We get worse as the game goes on.

Toughest schedule in the league still so far this year.  #6 in the NBA in RPI.  If we learn to close out games, this team is going places, even this year.

At this point, it seems like they probably only really have to hold off Detroit to maintain a playoff spot.

will be interesting to see what both teams do at the trade deadline.

so much energy (mostly westbrook) against them vs the thunder.  they just couldnt keep up.  this has been a great year for growth.  we arent too far away

So ahem.....are we still on target for 2025?  I don't have an NBA team to root for and I don't know a damn thing about the game but willing to jump on a bandwagon.  I've been to a few Sixers games in my life so I think I qualify.  

So ahem.....are we still on target for 2025?  I don't have an NBA team to root for and I don't know a damn thing about the game but willing to jump on a bandwagon.  I've been to a few Sixers games in my life so I think I qualify.  
Yes, I imagine that will be the 4th in a row.

Great way to go into the AS break, winning 5 in a row.  At this point with their record and remaining schedule, it will honestly be disappointing they miss the playoffs.  They do have 9 of 12 on the road after the break, but nothing too crazy.

Somehow, they still will go to Miami twice in the next 3 weeks, after having played them twice in the past 2.

They play Cleveland twice, once home and once away, but other than that, no top tier teams.

They get Minnesota at home, which would be the next best.

Then just 5 more games against current playoff teams, who are really middle of the pack: Denver once at home, Indiana once at home, Washington once away, and Milwaukee once at home and once away.

That leaves 17 games against non-playoff teams and only one of those even has a chance (@Detroit).  Somehow, they play Charlotte 4 times.

So let's say they break even against the playoff-caliber teams and conservatively go 11-6 against the garbage.  That's 46 wins.  

We'll always have a spot for you on the Philly wagons.  Also I would LOVE it if this board got going a bit more... don't have anywhere good to talk sixers.

Great way to go into the AS break, winning 5 in a row.  At this point with their record and remaining schedule, it will honestly be disappointing they miss the playoffs.  They do have 9 of 12 on the road after the break, but nothing too crazy.

Somehow, they still will go to Miami twice in the next 3 weeks, after having played them twice in the past 2.

They play Cleveland twice, once home and once away, but other than that, no top tier teams.

They get Minnesota at home, which would be the next best.

Then just 5 more games against current playoff teams, who are really middle of the pack: Denver once at home, Indiana once at home, Washington once away, and Milwaukee once at home and once away.

That leaves 17 games against non-playoff teams and only one of those even has a chance (@Detroit).  Somehow, they play Charlotte 4 times.

So let's say they break even against the playoff-caliber teams and conservatively go 11-6 against the garbage.  That's 46 wins.  
The thing I'm most excited about is that we are finally finishing out close games.  All year we've been getting burned by 4th quarter comebacks.  We actually have had a few of our own now though and that is going to be the difference for us. 

We have now won SEVEN IN A ROW!  And are ONE game out of 4th Place!  Maybe this Super Bowl rubbed off.  SIXERS ARE 7-0 SINCE THE EAGLES WON THE SUPERBOWL.

Some crazy stats:

Sixers are 3rd in 1st quarter scoring.  29th in 4th quarter scoring.  Around 14th in 2nd and 3rd quarter.  Why do we always start so hot and slow down?  It's not like we're playing often with huge leads and putting our bench in.  Very odd.

Sixers have had the hardest schedule in the league this year by a fair margin.  Using RPI which takes that into account, it ranks us 5th in the NBA.  We are even better than we look on paper. 

Long Ball Larry said:
###### kings
What did I miss?

EDT:  Maybe you meant losing to the Lakers?  We want the Lakers to be in that 7th/8th worst in the league zone, so it's not too bad where they're at right now. 

What did I miss?

EDT:  Maybe you meant losing to the Lakers?  We want the Lakers to be in that 7th/8th worst in the league zone, so it's not too bad where they're at right now. 
well, in an ideal world, we of course want them to be 6th worst.  They are so far ahead of the 8 worst teams right now, 7 of which have no incentive to win and Brooklyn is definitely a worse team.  doubt the Knicks make a push without KP.  So there is no chance in my mind that LAL ends up in the bottom 5 and the Kings had that game won.

well, in an ideal world, we of course want them to be 6th worst.  They are so far ahead of the 8 worst teams right now, 7 of which have no incentive to win and Brooklyn is definitely a worse team.  doubt the Knicks make a push without KP.  So there is no chance in my mind that LAL ends up in the bottom 5 and the Kings had that game won.
6 is ideal I guess ya, but they'd only have to move up one spot to have us lose the pick.  I'd feel more comfortable with 7th.  Didn't realize the log jam was that bad at the bottom though.  Meh, I'm fine with Sac's first rounder the following year anyways so no biggie. 

We seem to be making a massive push for Lebron.  Sounds like it's down to us, LAL, and CLE.  Philly would by far be his best chance to win a title next year (Philly without lebron is better than cleveland without lebron).  Not sure how I feel about it though... have always hated him.

6 is ideal I guess ya, but they'd only have to move up one spot to have us lose the pick.  I'd feel more comfortable with 7th.  Didn't realize the log jam was that bad at the bottom though.  Meh, I'm fine with Sac's first rounder the following year anyways so no biggie. 

We seem to be making a massive push for Lebron.  Sounds like it's down to us, LAL, and CLE.  Philly would by far be his best chance to win a title next year (Philly without lebron is better than cleveland without lebron).  Not sure how I feel about it though... have always hated him.
We only get the SAC 2019 pick if it is number 1, otherwise, BOS has choice between the PHI pick and SAC pick.

We only get the SAC 2019 pick if it is number 1, otherwise, BOS has choice between the PHI pick and SAC pick.
I don't think that's right is it?  I was under the impression that we get the lakers pick this year unless it's pick 2, 3, 4, or 5. In that case we'd get the sac pick unprotected instead?  

Users who are viewing this thread