What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (3 Viewers)

Bigboy10182000 said:
I'm pretty sure I heard or read that the Eagles will NOT be opening up any of their lots for parking
If I fly in and land at about 8:30 do I have any chance of catching an Uber into City Center or complete gridlock?

My wife gets back into 30th street around 5:00 and was planning to take SEPTA to Ambler.  Any word on what public transportation will be like at that point?  I'm just wondering if I should have her get in a little later that evening (when things have died down).  How long is this thing supposed to last?

I'm gonna say slim to none at that time. 
That’s what I was afraid of. Other option I guess is drive up tomorrow night or fly, get in later go out for some beers then take in the parade and leave Thursday night. May be better approach?

That’s what I was afraid of. Other option I guess is drive up tomorrow night or fly, get in later go out for some beers then take in the parade and leave Thursday night. May be better approach?
That would be a better idea. Though I did just remember that Septa has a train station at the Airport. Since it is the 1st stop it might be doable. Its risky though. 

My wife gets back into 30th street around 5:00 and was planning to take SEPTA to Ambler.  Any word on what public transportation will be like at that point?  I'm just wondering if I should have her get in a little later that evening (when things have died down).  How long is this thing supposed to last?
If it's anything like the Phillies parade, probably madness.

If it's anything like the Phillies parade, probably madness.
Its going to be a lot bigger than the Phils' parade. I'm guessing 2.5 to 3 million people. I grew up in Southwest Philly and now live 10 miles outside the city and have decided I'm not going to the parade. I'm meeting up with a bunch of old friends at a bar nearby and celebrating with them. 

Hard to stay but let’s put it in perspective. The parade is leaving the Linc at 10:45 and they’re estimating to be at the art museum steps around 12:30ish where the stage is setting up for presentations, 18 big screen monitors etc along with at least a million+ people. So it lasts 45min to an hour I’m guessing, that leaves three and a half hours to move out all those people. Keep in mind that the art museum is just across the river from 30th street station. Could be tough going out there for quite a while. 

Hard to stay but let’s put it in perspective. The parade is leaving the Linc at 10:45 and they’re estimating to be at the art museum steps around 12:30ish where the stage is setting up for presentations, 18 big screen monitors etc along with at least a million+ people. So it lasts 45min to an hour I’m guessing, that leaves three and a half hours to move out all those people. Keep in mind that the art museum is just across the river from 30th street station. Could be tough going out there for quite a while. 
Yup I may just suggest to her to come back home on Friday.  

Yup I may just suggest to her to come back home on Friday.  
If she can swing that, probably the best move to remove all concerns. AND you get an extra free night! Sounds like a win/win to me. ;) :thumbup:  

Eta: ceremony on art museum steps is scheduled to start at 1:00, just heard on the radio. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Its going to be a lot bigger than the Phils' parade. I'm guessing 2.5 to 3 million people. I grew up in Southwest Philly and now live 10 miles outside the city and have decided I'm not going to the parade. I'm meeting up with a bunch of old friends at a bar nearby and celebrating with them. 
I'm debating doing something like that too. Maybe just bwork from home and watch it on tv

I'm taking the 5:53 Amtrak train in from the burbs. Took it with the Phillies parade and it worked great. 

Funny story at twincities.com about an eagle fan stealing a stadium seat after the game, even some video.  One in every crowd 

If I fly in and land at about 8:30 do I have any chance of catching an Uber into City Center or complete gridlock?
Subway is prob best bet from there. Easy to grab and might be good option cause I’m not sure that many people are hopping on the sub at the airport (I believe it goes that far not positive though)

Trains are going to be a pain in the #### to take in....as they're eliminating alot of the stops far out and close.

Couple of guys I know found some pre-pay lots earlier today and reserved them.....but your guess is as good as mine if that'll actually work. 

Trains are going to be a pain in the #### to take in....as they're eliminating alot of the stops far out and close.

Couple of guys I know found some pre-pay lots earlier today and reserved them.....but your guess is as good as mine if that'll actually work. 
I know, I was trying to figure out the logistics and it’s tough.  You really have to look at the list of what is closed - trains, roads, etc

Man.  Most of the trains are sold out and SEPTA has been a PITA trying to get hold of someone to find rail tickets.  Anyone know any pre-pay lots to park in? 

It's really starting to soak in how fortunate I was to be able to be at the game. So many things had to line up to make it possible for my wife and I to go. We got back home last night so being able to watch some highlights and postgame for the first time today brought up so many emotions. I'm not ashamed to say I teared up a couple time today watching the videos. 

Foles called for it, and Doug let him have it. ### #### that gives me chills!!! 
I’ve probably watched this 50x already and the way Doug looks at Foles when he asks about it kills me every time. 

Doug was so ready to call a different play and when he heard Foles ask for that play he was like “Are you F’ing crazy?!?  Sure, let’s do it!” :lmao:  

you guys need to hope its Schwartz and not Frank, although Douggie big balls call the plays so not sure what an OC does in that situation
If we lose Reich I hope we can keep DeFilippo. 

Allegedly the Colts have guys in mind already and I don’t think they interviewed any of our guys prior to McDaniels.  

So my genius plan of advance booking a hotel in anticipation of a Tuesday or Wednesday parade failed miserably thanks to the impending bad weather.  At least Marriott let me cancel, but my great location in Center City has been supplanted by a Courtyard near the airport.  Gonna drive up from Baltimore tomorrow afternoon.

I've been away from Philly for 9 years. Miss some things, don't miss others, but my god does SEPTA still suck.  Courtyard is walking distance to Eastwick Station, and the airport line will actually stop there and then go direct to 30th Street.  But you can't buy tickets at Eastwick.  Normally you could just pay on the train, but not tomorrow (understandably).  So I was thinking maybe I just drive 5 minutes and pay to park at the airport, but they don't sell tickets there either.  Now, you can buy a "key," but that's only good one way (and SEPTA doesn't actually say that's accepted tomorrow) , meaning we would have to stand in line at 30th Street for the return, which I'm sure won't be crowded at all.  Then I see SEPTA recommends pre-buying an "Independence Pass" for the regional rail that are on sale today and tomorrow.  Great, except most sales desks at the stations close in the early afternoon, and we won't be leaving Baltimore till later.  So I guess I'll be driving into 30th Street (open till 10 pm) after checking into the hotel just to buy a ticket.  F'ing SEPTA...

Subway is prob best bet from there. Easy to grab and might be good option cause I’m not sure that many people are hopping on the sub at the airport (I believe it goes that far not positive though)
Appreciate it......reality is starting to set in that with late meetings tomorrow i probably can’t pull it off but am definitely blocking of time Thursday to take it all in on the TV. 

It's really starting to soak in how fortunate I was to be able to be at the game. So many things had to line up to make it possible for my wife and I to go. We got back home last night so being able to watch some highlights and postgame for the first time today brought up so many emotions. I'm not ashamed to say I teared up a couple time today watching the videos. 
I’m so jealous, that’s all time bucket list!!!

I wish I could have made it or the parade but may have to wait for Thursday night opener. 

Users who are viewing this thread