What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (4 Viewers)

so I have taken a month or 2 off of football after free agency and the draft. I got a fantasy football mag for fun reading, and was surprised we had like 3-4 guys go to the Cheifs. I wonder if that will be a trend with these 2 teams. And where are Chase Daniel and Conner Barwin, did they sign anywhere? I thought Daniel(s) wasn't as horrible as his pre-season led on and he would get a chance with one of these teams with dreadful QBs, but I don't think he signed anywhere. Is that a strategy holding out for camp injuries etc. so he can get to a place and have a chance to start?

Chase Daniel is in NO.
which was a trade.

He was my favorite player during that period.  Well it was close between him and dawkins

I miss those teams
I really Liked Westbrook but it was a huge biased as Nova's campus is only 20 mins away. My area most of the students live off campus as 476 AKA The Blue Route is right there on my exit. We've had a few Nova sports players in our store over the years. Westbrook never came in but Kyle Lowry was a frequent shopper along with Mike Nardy and now former Nova player Ryan Archidiococno (SP). Either way given how close Nova was friends of mine and I use to go watch their games all the time. I still remember watching Cubs OF Matt Szcur there and thinking he'd be a nice gadget player for the Eagles. 

I'm planning on going to the open practice this Sunday with my 4 year old son.  Did anyone go to the one last week?  How big are the crowds?  Any tips/advice?

I will be going to the KC game with my brother in Week 2 in Kansas City. If anybody's going, let me know, maybe we can meet up.

I'm planning on going to the open practice this Sunday with my 4 year old son.  Did anyone go to the one last week?  How big are the crowds?  Any tips/advice?
Sunday will be a good one to go to with a young kid. It's the "Kids Day" theme, so they'll have kid activities, bounce houses, etc. Here's the details/schedule. Get there when the gates open at 8:30 to do some of those kids things before practice starts. 

Last year my 8yo son won an Eagles Kids Club contest and got to catch a TD from Wentz near the end of practice, so we had field passes and got lots of autographs. This year, my 5yo daughter won the same contest, but to be a Jr. cheerleader, so we'll have field passes again! 

Sunday will be a good one to go to with a young kid. It's the "Kids Day" theme, so they'll have kid activities, bounce houses, etc. Here's the details/schedule. Get there when the gates open at 8:30 to do some of those kids things before practice starts. 

Last year my 8yo son won an Eagles Kids Club contest and got to catch a TD from Wentz near the end of practice, so we had field passes and got lots of autographs. This year, my 5yo daughter won the same contest, but to be a Jr. cheerleader, so we'll have field passes again! 
That's really cool

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/eagles-likely-improve-2017-based-advanced-metrics?cid=email:CSN Philly Team Newsletters:2015+-+CSNPhilly+Eagles+Update:27058

Eagles likely to improve in 2017 based on advanced metrics

If analytics are to be believed, the Eagles have an excellent shot at improving upon last season’s 7-9 record in 2017. Better still, the Giants and Cowboys are likely to experience declines based on the same metrics.

The Eagles were among five NFL teams chosen to improve, while their NFC East rivals make up two of the five picked to decline by ESPN’s Bill Barnwell, all based on advanced statistics. A Football Outsiders alumnus, Barnwell uses the gap between a club’s win total and “Pythagorean expectation” from the previous season to find trends that could point to their rise or fall the following year.

Or, in layman’s terms, basic figures such as the Eagles’ point differential (+36), record in games decided by seven points or less (1-8), and strength of schedule (.544) in 2016 – when taken together – can be a sign of things to come. It just so happens the Eagles were statistical outliers in all three categories, which bodes well.

No team has a better stat-nerd case for jumping into the postseason in 2017 than the Eagles. Advanced metrics suggest Doug Pederson's team was already playoff-caliber last season…

Instead, the Eagles became one of five teams in 2016 to post a losing record despite a positive point differential, which is a particularly weird feat because it hadn't happened once in the league across either of the previous two campaigns. Philadelphia's gap between expected wins and actual wins was the largest of those five, owing to that 1-8 record in games decided by a touchdown.

The Eagles also played either the first- or second-most difficult schedule in the NFL based on metrics, while the ’17 slate projects closer to league average, per Barnwell.

Although strength of schedule may be virtually impossible to predict, the Eagles’ point differential and particularly their inability to win close games is something we’ve already touched on here. As many as five losses last season were decided not merely by one score, but one play. Pure regression to the mean could potentially account for an extra win or two in tight games.

That’s before we even consider the development of Carson Wentz, the expectation Lane Johnson won’t be suspended, the additions of LeGarrette Blount and Alshon Jeffery to the offense, and the hope the defense continues making progress in Year 2 under Jim Schwartz.

Compare the metrics to the Giants, who had a worse point differential (+26) and went 8-3 in games decided by seven points or fewer en route to an 11-5 record last season – all while playing the league’s 15th-ranked schedule (.506).

The biggest reason the Giants turned things around is one you'll rarely hear from a fan: They stayed healthy. It's easy to notice when teams struggle with a season of injuries, but teams who are far healthier than the league average often slip through the cracks. By adjusted games lost, the Giants ranked as the most injured team in the league each of Coughlin's final three seasons at the helm. They ranked as the seventh-healthiest team in football last season.

Or look at the Cowboys, who went 7-2 in games decided by seven points or fewer and played the 12 th-easiest schedule (.491) en route to a 13-3 finish.

One of the biggest reasons the Cowboys leaped up the standings in 2016 was their massive improvement in turnover differential…

History tells us the sort of leap the Cowboys made almost always gives way to some decline the following season. Teams that improved by 20 or more turnovers in a given season saw their margin decline by more than 11 turnovers the following year. They declined as a group by an average of more than one win. (Quarterback Dak Prescott) probably won't post a sub-1 percent interception rate next year. That's reality.

And if all of this sounds like a bunch of razzle dazzle with no real substance behind it, consider this: four of the five teams Barnwell predicted to improve in 2016 did just that, while two of the five picked to decline followed suit as well.

Could be something to it. When all was done, Eagles had the toughest schedule by winning opponent percentage.  Everybody rips Doug but with everything stacked up the way it was last year, I'm amazed they went 7-9.  10-6 is what I expect this year.

Could be something to it. When all was done, Eagles had the toughest schedule by winning opponent percentage.  Everybody rips Doug but with everything stacked up the way it was last year, I'm amazed they went 7-9.  10-6 is what I expect this year.
Dallas 10-6
Philly 9-7
NYG 8-8
Wash 7-9

(EDT:  Philly beats Dallas 41-6 in Wild Card game)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas 10-6
Philly 9-7
NYG 8-8
Wash 7-9

(EDT:  Philly beats Dallas 41-6 in Wild Card game)

Is Tony Romo going to come out of retirement to turn the ball over 3 times (like he did in the 44-6 Eagles victory in the "win to get in" game in the last week of the 2008 season)?

So ... Eagles sign Corey Graham who worked with Jim Schwartz on the bills before.  He was selected to the pro bowl as a CB back in 2011.  Is this a depth / veteran presence signing?  Does he have gas left in the tank to help out our stinky backfield?  Also, he's played past 2 seasons as a Safety, will that affect his CB play?

So ... Eagles sign Corey Graham who worked with Jim Schwartz on the bills before.  He was selected to the pro bowl as a CB back in 2011.  Is this a depth / veteran presence signing?  Does he have gas left in the tank to help out our stinky backfield?  Also, he's played past 2 seasons as a Safety, will that affect his CB play?
Corners convert to safety as they get older, so at 32, he's not converting back. Appears to just be safety and special teams depth, if he even makes the team. 

Reports out today that Nelson has vastly improved this offseason and will be our starting slot receiver.  Interesting.  This HAS to mean JMatt is gone within the month... right?

Reports out today that Nelson has vastly improved this offseason and will be our starting slot receiver.  Interesting.  This HAS to mean JMatt is gone within the month... right?
It's would be smart.  What could we get for him?  Late pick?

It's would be smart.  What could we get for him?  Late pick?
If we're getting a late pick we should just let him play out the season, rack up some numbers, and take the compensatory pick next year. 

Not sure who would be willing to give up a 3rd/4th for him right now.  Probably no one. 

If we're getting a late pick we should just let him play out the season, rack up some numbers, and take the compensatory pick next year. 

Not sure who would be willing to give up a 3rd/4th for him right now.  Probably no one. 
I would be shocked if anyone gave a 4th

Compensatory wouldn't hit until 2019 though.  Gotta weigh the certainty of X pick in hand vs. IF he gets a decent comp pick and waiting another year for it.

Compensatory wouldn't hit until 2019 though.  Gotta weigh the certainty of X pick in hand vs. IF he gets a decent comp pick and waiting another year for it.
There's also the benefit of having him in house this year.  We're still in training camp - Jeffrey's had multiple injuries in the past, Agholar and Smith were horrible the past two years - let's not pretend it's a sure thing we don't need him.

Question for people who frequent sixer/flyer games:  Am trying to 'predict' when there might be a home Sixers game in order to plan my trip out in October.... Do the Flyers ever have an afternoon game the same day as the Sixers have an evening game?  Not sure how long it takes to flip that stadium from hockey to basketball.

Flyers currently have home games:
Thursday Oct 19- night
Saturday Oct 21- 1pm
Tuesday Oct 24 - night

What would be your best guess for when home Sixers games MIGHT be.  Any chance of one on the Saturday or Sunday night?

Question for people who frequent sixer/flyer games:  Am trying to 'predict' when there might be a home Sixers game in order to plan my trip out in October.... Do the Flyers ever have an afternoon game the same day as the Sixers have an evening game?  Not sure how long it takes to flip that stadium from hockey to basketball.

Flyers currently have home games:
Thursday Oct 19- night
Saturday Oct 21- 1pm
Tuesday Oct 24 - night

What would be your best guess for when home Sixers games MIGHT be.  Any chance of one on the Saturday or Sunday night?
Yes, that does happen.  They could have a Saturday night game.  They sometimes play Sunday night games early.  The NBA schedule should be released very soon.

Yes, that does happen.  They could have a Saturday night game.  They sometimes play Sunday night games early.  The NBA schedule should be released very soon.
Ya I'm anxiously awaiting.  I think around the 11th they'll release it but I'm trying to plan things out before then cause I'm impatient.  A Saturday night game would work perfect... think we're going to do the Linc stadium tour that afternoon.  Sunday would be alright too, but if it's Friday then I'll have to fly in a day earlier. 

heading down for training camp tomorrow I think with the kiddies.  Question - anyone know, do they let you bring in water bottles?  Or is it the same game day policy on no outside drinks?

Deamon said:
I feel like Jeremiah should have credited me for this lol

RIP Dutch  :(
Ugh, had forgotten what he was going through so sad to hear this. Only 55, seeing his kids ages gives me a pit in my stomach....losing a parent is as hard as is gets. Loved watching him play growing up....gotta be thankful for everyday. 

Ugh, had forgotten what he was going through so sad to hear this. Only 55, seeing his kids ages gives me a pit in my stomach....losing a parent is as hard as is gets. Loved watching him play growing up....gotta be thankful for everyday. 
A little surprised there isn't much talking about Dutch. I know there is a baseball forum and this is football, but its also a Philadelphia page. Darren Daulton's career shows that numbers aren't everything. He was a true leader and he embodied the type of player Philadelphians love.

A little surprised there isn't much talking about Dutch. I know there is a baseball forum and this is football, but its also a Philadelphia page. Darren Daulton's career shows that numbers aren't everything. He was a true leader and he embodied the type of player Philadelphians love.
Yup.  Rip dutch

Tramaine Brock anyone?

The Santa Clara district attorney has dropped the felony domestic violence case against free agent CB Tramaine Brock.

Brock was arrested in April and immediately released by the 49ers. Turning 29 in 11 days, Brock was San Francisco's clear No. 1 cornerback last season, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 16 corner out of 119 qualifiers. Now that charges have been dropped, four teams have already reached out to Brock. The Eagles could use him.

CentralPA said:
Man, it really does show how bad things are at corner when your getting excited over Tramaine freaking Brock.
I do think Douglas becomes a solid corner as the year goes on but it's hard to rely on a rookie to be your starter from the get go.

I honestly don't see what the rush it is to trade JMatt. Yeah he's in his last year but Agholar also played well IN PRACTICE before the season last year. Maybe the slot is his position in the NFL but I'd like to get a few pre season games in before jettison JMatt out. I mean with Jeffrey's injury history is it wise to maybe not keep JMatt. WR with two Rookies and Agholar plus maybe Turner isn't exciting me if god forbid Jeffrey were to be out for awhile. Plus given how many FAs we have next year losing JMatt wouldn't be for nothing. Depending what we do in FA we could be getting some really nice Comp picks. 

CentralPA said:
Man, it really does show how bad things are at corner when your getting excited over Tramaine freaking Brock.
Ranked as 16th best corner in the league out of 116.  Sounds like a pretty legitimate player to be excited about. That means he's better than half of the League's number one corner.

The issue with Brock is he pretty much is "free and clear" the same way Greg Hardy was. No cooperation/info from the victim. We'd really take a lashing from Cowboys fans, and probably rightfully. 

Love my Eagles NFL Extra Points card with Barclaycard. Redeemed and confirmed! 

Dinner with Weapon X: Brian Dawkins

15,000 points

Cardmembers will view an intimate Q&A session with former Philadelphia Eagle All-Pro, Brian Dawkins, moderated by Neil Hartman, before enjoying a seated dinner at the upscale restaurant The Study at University City, in Philadelphia, PA on August 9th, 2017. This exciting redemption experience will be held from 6-9PM ET and includes access for a party of four. Cardmembers and their guests will also receive an autographed gift. Redeem today to secure your spot!
This was a great event last night. The points I redeemed were the equivalent of $150 cash back. It was for a party of four, so for $37.50/person we had open bar, 3-course dinner, meet-and-greet, a Q&A, and a signed 8x10. Some interesting things from the Q&A:

• Dawkins said he was "hotter than grease in a frying pan" when he found out he didn't get into the HOF. He also said if he does get in, Philly fans will make it a weekend like the NFL and Canton has never seen.
  • He didn't enjoy his time in Denver because he always felt like he belonged here. Never got an answer from the Eagles on why they didn't even want to make him an offer.
  • He said Andy Reid's clock management and play calling drove Jim Johnson just as crazy as it drove us fans. The offense would get the ball late in the game and go 3 and out, all with passes, and Johnson would let Reid have it on the sideline that his defense had to go right back out.
  • He only got into Clemson, and on the team, as a condition made by a friend of his who was a highly valued recruit. His friend never told him until years later that he was part of a package deal because Clemson wanted the friend (forgot who) so bad.
  • He thinks he is so popular with Philly fans because he played the way they see themselves if they were to play.
  • The last time he did the crawl/prowl was coming out of the tunnel when they retired his number in Philly and said that move is forever retired now. 
  • He doesn't have a goal for an NFL job; he wants to keep his options open which is why he's doing this scouting/operations/coaching hybrid role.
Neil Hartman hosted and did most of the questions, but when it was time for audience Q&A, they only had time for a few questions and some ####### Giants fan raised his hand to waste everyone's time by asking 2 Giants related questions: who is the best QB in the NFCe of Dak, Eli and Cousins (and tried to steer him to say Eli), and what do you think of Landon Collins? People in the room got frustrated and one fan at our table eventually yelled, "Shut him the *bleep* up. Reminded me of the Dallas fan wearing a Cowboys jersey to the Eagles private practice a week ago, and at the Draft when Wentz did and appearance to pose for pictures and a Cowboys jersey wearing fan fought to the front of the line. For whatever reason, you're getting to experience something cool and special to fans of someone else's team, and you have to make it about yourself. 

Then he had to catch a late-night flight to Green Bay so the meet-and-greet after dinner was going to get cut short. They did one before dinner but had to close the line once dinner was served. Of course, people that did the meet-and-greet before dinner were in line again and everyone was told to be respectful and keep it moving but many wanted to take 10 selfies, tell Dawkins their life story, etc. They said he only had 20 minutes, but he stayed probably 35 to make sure everyone in line got to see him, then he was hustling out of there. 

In my 20 seconds of shaking his hands and getting pictures, I made sure to tell him that I'll be in Canton next year, and so will he. 

This was a great event last night. The points I redeemed were the equivalent of $150 cash back. It was for a party of four, so for $37.50/person we had open bar, 3-course dinner, meet-and-greet, a Q&A, and a signed 8x10. Some interesting things from the Q&A:

• Dawkins said he was "hotter than grease in a frying pan" when he found out he didn't get into the HOF. He also said if he does get in, Philly fans will make it a weekend like the NFL and Canton has never seen.
  • He didn't enjoy his time in Denver because he always felt like he belonged here. Never got an answer from the Eagles on why they didn't even want to make him an offer.
  • He said Andy Reid's clock management and play calling drove Jim Johnson just as crazy as it drove us fans. The offense would get the ball late in the game and go 3 and out, all with passes, and Johnson would let Reid have it on the sideline that his defense had to go right back out.
  • He only got into Clemson, and on the team, as a condition made by a friend of his who was a highly valued recruit. His friend never told him until years later that he was part of a package deal because Clemson wanted the friend (forgot who) so bad.
  • He thinks he is so popular with Philly fans because he played the way they see themselves if they were to play.
  • The last time he did the crawl/prowl was coming out of the tunnel when they retired his number in Philly and said that move is forever retired now. 
  • He doesn't have a goal for an NFL job; he wants to keep his options open which is why he's doing this scouting/operations/coaching hybrid role.
Neil Hartman hosted and did most of the questions, but when it was time for audience Q&A, they only had time for a few questions and some ####### Giants fan raised his hand to waste everyone's time by asking 2 Giants related questions: who is the best QB in the NFCe of Dak, Eli and Cousins (and tried to steer him to say Eli), and what do you think of Landon Collins? People in the room got frustrated and one fan at our table eventually yelled, "Shut him the *bleep* up. Reminded me of the Dallas fan wearing a Cowboys jersey to the Eagles private practice a week ago, and at the Draft when Wentz did and appearance to pose for pictures and a Cowboys jersey wearing fan fought to the front of the line. For whatever reason, you're getting to experience something cool and special to fans of someone else's team, and you have to make it about yourself. 

Then he had to catch a late-night flight to Green Bay so the meet-and-greet after dinner was going to get cut short. They did one before dinner but had to close the line once dinner was served. Of course, people that did the meet-and-greet before dinner were in line again and everyone was told to be respectful and keep it moving but many wanted to take 10 selfies, tell Dawkins their life story, etc. They said he only had 20 minutes, but he stayed probably 35 to make sure everyone in line got to see him, then he was hustling out of there. 

In my 20 seconds of shaking his hands and getting pictures, I made sure to tell him that I'll be in Canton next year, and so will he. 
Nice, lots of good stuff here.  Hope he stays on staff for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread