What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (4 Viewers)

I was at Agholor's first pre-season game when he made a spectacular leaping grab, spun on a dime, and ran in 25 yards for a score, so I try to stay cautious.  But it did look good with the angle, stiff arm and walking the tight rope.
Of course I temper expectations but he did a lot really well on that play. 

Pumphrey needs to hold onto the ball too 

This was a great event last night. The points I redeemed were the equivalent of $150 cash back. It was for a party of four, so for $37.50/person we had open bar, 3-course dinner, meet-and-greet, a Q&A, and a signed 8x10. Some interesting things from the Q&A:

• Dawkins said he was "hotter than grease in a frying pan" when he found out he didn't get into the HOF. He also said if he does get in, Philly fans will make it a weekend like the NFL and Canton has never seen.
  • He didn't enjoy his time in Denver because he always felt like he belonged here. Never got an answer from the Eagles on why they didn't even want to make him an offer.
  • He said Andy Reid's clock management and play calling drove Jim Johnson just as crazy as it drove us fans. The offense would get the ball late in the game and go 3 and out, all with passes, and Johnson would let Reid have it on the sideline that his defense had to go right back out.
  • He only got into Clemson, and on the team, as a condition made by a friend of his who was a highly valued recruit. His friend never told him until years later that he was part of a package deal because Clemson wanted the friend (forgot who) so bad.
  • He thinks he is so popular with Philly fans because he played the way they see themselves if they were to play.
  • The last time he did the crawl/prowl was coming out of the tunnel when they retired his number in Philly and said that move is forever retired now. 
  • He doesn't have a goal for an NFL job; he wants to keep his options open which is why he's doing this scouting/operations/coaching hybrid role.
Neil Hartman hosted and did most of the questions, but when it was time for audience Q&A, they only had time for a few questions and some ####### Giants fan raised his hand to waste everyone's time by asking 2 Giants related questions: who is the best QB in the NFCe of Dak, Eli and Cousins (and tried to steer him to say Eli), and what do you think of Landon Collins? People in the room got frustrated and one fan at our table eventually yelled, "Shut him the *bleep* up. Reminded me of the Dallas fan wearing a Cowboys jersey to the Eagles private practice a week ago, and at the Draft when Wentz did and appearance to pose for pictures and a Cowboys jersey wearing fan fought to the front of the line. For whatever reason, you're getting to experience something cool and special to fans of someone else's team, and you have to make it about yourself. 

Then he had to catch a late-night flight to Green Bay so the meet-and-greet after dinner was going to get cut short. They did one before dinner but had to close the line once dinner was served. Of course, people that did the meet-and-greet before dinner were in line again and everyone was told to be respectful and keep it moving but many wanted to take 10 selfies, tell Dawkins their life story, etc. They said he only had 20 minutes, but he stayed probably 35 to make sure everyone in line got to see him, then he was hustling out of there. 

In my 20 seconds of shaking his hands and getting pictures, I made sure to tell him that I'll be in Canton next year, and so will he. 
LOL that's awesome. When I met Chris Maragos he said something similar about Chip's hurry up offense and 3 and out's drove the defensive guys nuts. They barely had a minute to get a sip of water before they were back in. 

Long Ball Larry said:
also glad that it seems like the league rule allowing Mills a couple complimentary PIs per game is still in effect.
I don't care about the PI calls with him as much because a lot of it comes from Physicality there. I'd be more upset with Mills if it was because of sheer stupidity PI calls. 

This was a great event last night. The points I redeemed were the equivalent of $150 cash back. It was for a party of four, so for $37.50/person we had open bar, 3-course dinner, meet-and-greet, a Q&A, and a signed 8x10. Some interesting things from the Q&A:

• Dawkins said he was "hotter than grease in a frying pan" when he found out he didn't get into the HOF. He also said if he does get in, Philly fans will make it a weekend like the NFL and Canton has never seen.
  • He didn't enjoy his time in Denver because he always felt like he belonged here. Never got an answer from the Eagles on why they didn't even want to make him an offer.
  • He said Andy Reid's clock management and play calling drove Jim Johnson just as crazy as it drove us fans. The offense would get the ball late in the game and go 3 and out, all with passes, and Johnson would let Reid have it on the sideline that his defense had to go right back out.
  • He only got into Clemson, and on the team, as a condition made by a friend of his who was a highly valued recruit. His friend never told him until years later that he was part of a package deal because Clemson wanted the friend (forgot who) so bad.
  • He thinks he is so popular with Philly fans because he played the way they see themselves if they were to play.
  • The last time he did the crawl/prowl was coming out of the tunnel when they retired his number in Philly and said that move is forever retired now. 
  • He doesn't have a goal for an NFL job; he wants to keep his options open which is why he's doing this scouting/operations/coaching hybrid role.
Neil Hartman hosted and did most of the questions, but when it was time for audience Q&A, they only had time for a few questions and some ####### Giants fan raised his hand to waste everyone's time by asking 2 Giants related questions: who is the best QB in the NFCe of Dak, Eli and Cousins (and tried to steer him to say Eli), and what do you think of Landon Collins? People in the room got frustrated and one fan at our table eventually yelled, "Shut him the *bleep* up. Reminded me of the Dallas fan wearing a Cowboys jersey to the Eagles private practice a week ago, and at the Draft when Wentz did and appearance to pose for pictures and a Cowboys jersey wearing fan fought to the front of the line. For whatever reason, you're getting to experience something cool and special to fans of someone else's team, and you have to make it about yourself. 

Then he had to catch a late-night flight to Green Bay so the meet-and-greet after dinner was going to get cut short. They did one before dinner but had to close the line once dinner was served. Of course, people that did the meet-and-greet before dinner were in line again and everyone was told to be respectful and keep it moving but many wanted to take 10 selfies, tell Dawkins their life story, etc. They said he only had 20 minutes, but he stayed probably 35 to make sure everyone in line got to see him, then he was hustling out of there. 

In my 20 seconds of shaking his hands and getting pictures, I made sure to tell him that I'll be in Canton next year, and so will he. 
Probably Patrick Sapp.  Graduated from the same high school that year, went to Clemson, and was eventually a 2nd round pick.

Good nights from Hollins, Barnett, Carson looked OK.  The OL pass and run blocking was awful.  I hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

and yes, Wentz was under pressure most of the time he was in there and there was very little room to run in the backfield.  At least in the first half.  I was half-watching the 3rd quarter and then checked out.

and yes, Wentz was under pressure most of the time he was in there and there was very little room to run in the backfield.  At least in the first half.  I was half-watching the 3rd quarter and then checked out.
Well I don't know much about gb, but I remember hearing their lines have improved.  Hopefully it's just one game and not a trend.  Our oline should be better than most.  

GB blitzed a ton too FWIW. Almost every play it seemed for the first quarter or so. Even the announcers said said something like "so much for vanilla defenses from GB today"

Good nights from Hollins, Barnett, Carson looked OK.  The OL pass and run blocking was awful.  I hope that isn't a sign of things to come.
Considering it was preseason and Green Bay was blitzing almost every play, I thought the O-line played ok. On the Wentz TD pass, Blount should have picked up the blitzing Mathews instead of chipping Lane Johnson's guy.

Considering it was preseason and Green Bay was blitzing almost every play, I thought the O-line played ok. On the Wentz TD pass, Blount should have picked up the blitzing Mathews instead of chipping Lane Johnson's guy.
True, just would've liked to seen some adjustments but it's just one preseason game.  I'm sure things will improve.

I didn't really watch the game till the 2nd half. So GB was blitzing every play? Barrett Brooks and Jon Ritchie we're very pissed off and said Doug was most likely fuming. 

They noticed in the game that Warmack tried to signal Kelce to make an adjustment but they weren't expecting regular season stunts and double blitzes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really watch the game till the 2nd half. So GB was blitzing every play? Barrett Brooks and Jon Ritchie we're very pissed off and said Doug was most likely fuming. 
Yes. I would say nearly every play while the ones were in and through the 1st quarter. A very unusual high percentage of blitzing for a preseason game. 

Eagles acquire CB Ronald Darby from Buffalo for WR Jordan Matthews and a 2018 third-round pick.

THOUGHTS?!?!??!

They noticed in the game that Warmack tried to signal Kelce to make an adjustment but they weren't expecting regular season stunts and double blitzes.
Running it up once the game was in hand was extremely poor form.

We give up the 3rd rounder though.
Darby had a great rookie season but then last year was mediocre.  Guess they had to do something.  The Eagles will now have no 2nd or 3rd round picks in the upcoming draft.  You can officially do whatever you want on Friday.

My buddy is a big bills fan and said this of Darby:

Left on an island the last two years, bad at tracking interceptions, great at breaking up passes.  Track star with great speed, fluid hips.  In the right scheme has potential to be a top 10 cb.

My buddy is a big bills fan and said this of Darby:

Left on an island the last two years, bad at tracking interceptions, great at breaking up passes.  Track star with great speed, fluid hips.  In the right scheme has potential to be a top 10 cb.
That is about how I'd describe Darby too. Rex Ryan basically left Darby and Gilmore in man and ran exotic(success varied) blitzes constantly.  Shocked the Bills couldn't get more for him(or Watkins)  

I think this is a big win for the Eagles. It sounded like Agholor was pushing Matthews anyway, and with Jeffery and Smith on board that was likely going to result in Ertz working the middle more, and he's a bigger mismatch than Matthews was.

We give up the 3rd rounder though.
I didn't realize that. The notification I got from NFL mobile said we got a 3. I won't pretend to know anything about Darby so I'll have to look into it. I love that we went after a position of need though. Matthews was done here and by all accounts Hollins, Johnson and Agholar were having good camps. Maybe they felt he wasn't as good as them? Idk. 

Plus either Hollins or Agholor is now the slot guy for sure.
Sure looks that way. 

This move also opens up more packages/personnel formations. No more head scratching about where to put Matthews. Multiple players will play that slot now and should open up the offense more. 

Users who are viewing this thread