What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tennessee teacher kidnaps teen student (1 Viewer)

Godsbrother

Footballguy
I didn't see a thread on this so if there is already one, please delete this.

In any case a pretty big story where a 50 year old teacher accused of kissing a 15 year old student disappears and runs away with her.   Apparently they ran off on March 13 from Tennessee and have not been seen since.  Investigators have just released a photo that shows the two of them in a WalMart in Oklahoma.  He has darkened his hair and she's dyed her hair red but the disguises aren't very effective.

Supposedly he took out a $4,500 loan before he took off but I gotta think he is starting to run low.   My question is what in the hell does this guy think he is going to do when his money runs out?   Does he really believe he is going to end up living happily ever after with this girl?

It amazes me how stupid some people are...

This story is pretty crazy, my wife follows it pretty much every morning as each morning news opens with updates.  Let's say he has 10k, 5500 of his personal money and 4500 from the loan.  How long can he really last?  He can't really jump between hotels, as their picture is everywhere, so sleeping in the vehicle, seems risky?  Maybe they've got a relative/friend that's keeping them up. 

This story is pretty crazy, my wife follows it pretty much every morning as each morning news opens with updates.  Let's say he has 10k, 5500 of his personal money and 4500 from the loan.  How long can he really last?  He can't really jump between hotels, as their picture is everywhere, so sleeping in the vehicle, seems risky?  Maybe they've got a relative/friend that's keeping them up. 
10k while living modestly can last for a few months if they can find somewhere to lie low. After the story dies down a bit, they can get jobs and live their lives without much fear of being discovered if they go someplace relatively backwater. You keep your head down and don't attract attention and most people just leave you alone.

But they will find them easily because they can only take $100 out of an ATM at a time and must stay in a small radius of states......at least that's how they show fugitives staying ahead of the law on TV.

Weird situation that is just down the road from me.  The girl is so familiar, I swear I've seen her around town or something.  I hope that she just thinks she's in love and eventually that they get seen and she makes her way back home.  That's kind of a best case scenario.

As someone with daughters, put this creep away for life.  WTF was his end game here?  Thought he could hide out in the woods or another country with a 15 year old and life would be grand?  Hope you think back fondly on your month of pure idiocy while behind bars for the next twenty years.  :rant:

As someone with daughters, put this creep away for life. WTF was his end game here? Thought he could hide out in the woods or another country with a 15 year old and life would be grand?
Move to a state where the minimum marriage age is 15?

As someone with daughters, put this creep away for life.  WTF was his end game here?  Thought he could hide out in the woods or another country with a 15 year old and life would be grand?  Hope you think back fondly on your month of pure idiocy while behind bars for the next twenty years.  :rant:
Uh...have sex with a 15 year old?

Users who are viewing this thread