What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (9 Viewers)

I suggest you look at the terrible atrocities Un commits against his family and people of NK before you compare him to anyone alive.
Trump praises someone that commits atrocities against his own family and people. Trump, with his words, is trying to do terrible things to people in America. Quit falling for his attempts at fooling you by looking at his left hand while he bops you upside your head, repeatedly, with his right hand.

Question to you the thread starter and pioneer for this effort.  Have an answer?
Not when it is completely unrelated to the OP you quoted.

Start a thread about the Redskins logo if you want to discuss that or go to a pre-existing thread. Don't try to hijack this thread with something not relevant to either Kaep or the anthem protests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ad an FYI, NASCAR has been in a steady decline for quite a while now. Most races have stands not even half full and tv ratings are hitting record lows. Most races were down 25% in viewership from just 2 years ago.

Funny how when you target a very specific demographic, the sport eventually starts to die. But hey, pretty soon, the 15,000 fans in the stands and 100,000 at home watching on TV can grin because everyone is standing for the national anthem.

If their attendance and ratings are cratering despite everyone standing for the national anthem, makes you wonder, don't it?

Two things I won't do...

1. Tell a black person how to feel about their place in our society.

2. Judge anyone on how they display or don't display "patriotism".  
2. is funny because someone said Villanueva, a veteran, should have respected his fellow teammates instead of standing today.

So Trump is upset that the players are taking a knee because it is disrespectful but it’s ok to say someone is not a hero because they were a POW? I mean he likes his hero’s to not have been captured, his words not mine.
I like it when our heroes aren't captured.

(Agree with your point in regards to McCain)

Trump praises someone that commits atrocities against his own family and people. Trump, with his words, is trying to do terrible things to people in America. Quit falling for his attempts at fooling you by looking at his left hand while he bops you upside your head, repeatedly, with his right hand.
:rolleyes:

I guess all players must have hated America pre-2009 since virtually all teams and players stayed in the locker room until after the anthem. 

Teams only started routinely standing on the sidelines in 2009 when the Department of Defense started secretly paying the NFL and teams to have them do so.

After arriving home last night from Aruba, wife & I woke up, went to my in-laws where my boys stayed for the last week, and then went to my son's soccer game with them... It's a 6 & under league, final score was 0-0 even though the other team had 12 kids on the field to our 8. We had more shots on goal too, 2-1, moral victory lol. 

Took my mil/fil to brunch afterwards to hear about their week and thank them for letting my wife & I enjoy an excellent vacation.

Wife had a baby shower and we went home... I let my little boys ride me around like a pony in our house from 1-3. Then the wife came home and we went to the Atlantic Antic. Came home, gave the boys a bath, I did some laundry, got a massage, & we watched Ray Donovan - wife just fell asleep, I'll hopefully be able to do the same within the hour. 

The point? I couldn't have been happier today, accidentally left Jordan Reed in my lineup... whatever - they've got the right to politicize sports, I've got the right to tune out. OP writes "unprecedented day" in the title, I'd bet when we look at the decline in NFL viewership 5 years from now, even though they're already in a decline now, today will be an aha moment kinda day. Smart when trying to renegotiate a CBA.

500 posts in this thread today :lmao:

OP, awesome Sunday for you too? Looks like it was a blast! I'm not going to highlight my post from 7am today, but for those that want to discuss Trump and just think everyone is a dumb racist bc he is POTUS, give it a read, you guys will be he reason we get another 4 years of the buffoon. 

Keep up the good work in here, truly some ground shattering stuff.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/24/donald-trump-nfl-player-protests-national-anthem-week-3-response/697609001/

NFL player protests sweep league after President Donald Trump's hostile remarks

NFL players responded in full force Sunday after President Trump repeatedly called for swift punishment against those who chose to protest by not standing during the national anthem.

Demonstrations spread throughout the league as many players broke out of their routine by joining the protests or engaging in team-wide displays of unity. The Associated Press estimated 204 players elected to either kneel or sit during the anthem.

Several players from the Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, New York Giants, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and Atlanta Falcons were among those who chose not to stand for the anthem. The Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets, Los Angeles Chargers, Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins stood with arms locked, though some players from those teams chose to kneel.

Included in the group of players who protested: Julius Peppers, who did not to join his Carolina Panthers teammates on the sideline; LeSean McCoy, who stretched during the anthem before the Bills game; and Adrian Peterson, who was one of several Saints players to remain seat.

Sixteen Patriots players took a knee during the anthem. Quarterback Tom Brady stood and locked arms with teammates.

In Sunday's first game, several players from the Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars either knelt or locked arms on their respective sidelines in solidarity during the national anthem at Wembley Stadium.  Included among them was Jags owner Shahid Khan, who locked arms with tight end Mercedes Lewis and linebacker Telvin Smith.

Khan was one of seven owners to donate $1 million to President Donald Trump’s inauguration festivities. Also kneeling with Baltimore was former Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.

Owners Stephen Ross (Dolphins), Martha Ford (Lions), Jeffrey Lurie (Eagles), Christopher Johnson (Jets) and Dean Spanos (Chargers) also joined their respective teams during the anthem.

The Pittsburgh Steelers chose not to have players on the sideline during the anthem before a game against the Chicago Bears. The Seattle Seahawks and Tennesssee Titans followed suit in their game later in the afternoon.

A league executive told USA TODAY Sports that although players are required to be present for the national anthem, no fines would be handed down for those who were absent.

A league executive told USA TODAY Sports that although players are required to be present for the national anthem, no fines would be handed down for those who were absent.

"We're not going to play politics. We're football players, we're football coaches," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "We're not participating in the anthem today - not to be disrespectful to the anthem, but to remove ourselves from the circumstance.

"People shouldn't have to choose. If a guy wants to go about his normal business and participate in the anthem, he shouldn't be forced to choose sides. If a guy feels the need to do something, he shouldn't be separated from his teammate who chooses not to."

Multiple members of the Dolphins wore shirts that read "#IMWITHKAP," referencing former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, before their game against the New York Jets. Kaepernick, who began the protests last year by choosing not to stand during the anthem and remains a free agent, said he wanted to speak out against racial injustice and police brutality. 

Only certain lives matter.
Kaep, along with the BLM folks, would say that protesting the disproportionate shootings of African Americans doesn't mean that only certain lives matter. As is pointed out on the BLM website, they are saying that black lives also matter, or that black lives matter, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaep, along with the BLM folks, would say that protesting the disproportionate shootings of African Americans doesn't mean that only certain lives matter. As is pointed out on the BLM website, they are saying that black lives also matter, or that black lives matter, too.

In addition. his protest went beyond BLM issues and was also about oppression and discrimination against all racial minorities, so Native American's lives would be included on that list.
Everyone's life matters.  Sorry that's news to you.

I thought that when the Browns ran out with the first responders that was a meaningful, positive act symbolizing working on unity for all.  

Strangely, in a thread of a billion posts, that didn't get much (any?) coverage.  It's almost like people want to be kept separated.

I thought that when the Browns ran out with the first responders that was a meaningful, positive act symbolizing working on unity for all.  

Strangely, in a thread of a billion posts, that didn't get much (any?) coverage.  It's almost like people want to be kept separated.
Did you start a thread on it?  :mellow:

Everyone's life matters.  Sorry that's news to you.
I agree 100% and so do those with BLM.

BLM people have said repeatedly that everyone's life matters. BLM is essentially saying Please Don't Shoot Us!

As noted on their website, it is implicit in saying Black Lives Matter they are not saying Only Black Lives Matter, they are saying Black Lives Matter Too.

Just ad an FYI, NASCAR has been in a steady decline for quite a while now. Most races have stands not even half full and tv ratings are hitting record lows. Most races were down 25% in viewership from just 2 years ago.

Funny how when you target a very specific demographic, the sport eventually starts to die. But hey, pretty soon, the 15,000 fans in the stands and 100,000 at home watching on TV can grin because everyone is standing for the national anthem.

If their attendance and ratings are cratering despite everyone standing for the national anthem, makes you wonder, don't it?
Did you have a point here?  Do you think if NASCAR fans sat for the anthem more people would watch?

I agree 100% and so do those with BLM.

BLM people have said repeatedly that everyone's life matters. BLM is essentially saying Please Don't Shoot Us!

As noted on their website, it is implicit in saying Black Lives Matter they are not saying Only Black Lives Matter, they are saying Black Lives Matter Too.
I am well aware of this.  Telling someone not to interrupt your thread about another group that has also suffered atrocities in American history is a really bad look.  

I guess all players must have hated America pre-2009 since virtually all teams and players stayed in the locker room until after the anthem. 

Teams only started routinely standing on the sidelines in 2009 when the Department of Defense started secretly paying the NFL and teams to have them do so.
Thanks Obama

Users who are viewing this thread