What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 College Football Thread: Hawaiian QB devastated to find out Jesus was "kinda rooting for Georgia" (1 Viewer)

Nice. They probably have a free trial, I will sign-up tonight. I can barely use ESPN.com anymore because of all of the extra crap on the page. 
It's worth checking out for sure if you like to read your info.  I'm with you; ESPN is intolerable now.  This move to video only is not for me.

I listen to the Stew and Bruce podcast and they've been pumping it up a little bit. I might give it a shot, but I basically use Reddit for most of my cfb National news and some homer Clemson sites for my team info. 

Just heard last night that Sirius XM has rebranded its college sports channel as ESPNU on SiriusXM, or some such. Still keeping the same shows and hosts, but is anyone else nervous about them trying to "ESPN-ize" the channel I pretty much listen to every day to and from work? It's just fine the way it is.

Just heard last night that Sirius XM has rebranded its college sports channel as ESPNU on SiriusXM, or some such. Still keeping the same shows and hosts, but is anyone else nervous about them trying to "ESPN-ize" the channel I pretty much listen to every day to and from work? It's just fine the way it is.
I pretty much hate all "live" sports media nowadays. ESPN is garbage, fox is garbage, local radio is garbage, national radio is garbage.  I went 100% podcast a year or so ago and won't go back. The Stew and Bruce podcast is very good, the solid verbal is very good, The Shutdown Fullcast is amazing in that it's barely about college football but just speaks to how ludicrous the sport is, etc...  they're infinitely more entertaining without the hot takes and self importance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
See, that's just it. I think all of the shows on the Sirius channel are fantastic They have actual analysis and real opinions, not fabricated garbage. The callers are entertaining, but they don't suffer fools either. The former players they have as analysts are great. I never would have believed it, but I've heard Ryan Leaf a couple of times already in the afternoon and he is very good.

The one saving grace is that ESPNU's old shows had a lot of those qualities as well (and of course, ESPN went and got rid of most of it because it didn't SELL SELL SELL!). And, of course, College Game Day -- the fact they've pretty much left that one alone is a miracle. I don't want to see the Sirius channel land in the usual ESPN cesspool.

I pretty much hate all "live" sports media nowadays. ESPN is garbage, fox is garbage, local radio is garbage, national radio is garbage.  I went 100% podcast a year or so ago and won't go back. The Stew and Bruce podcast is very good, the solid verbal is very good, The Shutdown Fullcast is amazing in that it's barely about college football but just speaks to how ludicrous the sport is, etc...  they're infinitely more entertaining without the hot takes and self importance. 
Where would I find the Stew and Bruce podcast on my Android?  

I would suggest adding Podcast Ain't Played Nobody to your rotation.

The Shutdown Fullcast is amazing in that it's barely about college football but just speaks to how ludicrous the sport is, etc...  they're infinitely more entertaining without the hot takes and self importance. 
I get all my info from Ryan and Spencer on the twitters. Pretty sure I don't need to know anything else.

See that pod I just can't get through at all. I love them on twitter but that is just 45 minutes of awful jokes and long silence. I get why people like it but I don't find their podcast shtick good at all. 
Oh, I hear ya. I just don't see them mentioned much around here, unless I missed it.

Time for the PJ Fleck era in Gopher nation. This school hasn't had a football program in 60 years. Let the building begin! 

Cjw_55106 said:
Time for the PJ Fleck era in Gopher nation. This school hasn't had a football program in 60 years. Let the building begin! 
Wish I had this game on TV.  Sounds like UB is playing well, Tyree Jackson looking good so far?  

Big Jim Cornelison at the Horseshoe whatever they call the Indiana stadium.

End of times rain and wind in memphis.

Expect sloppier game than that time young @Otis kicked off a 8hr happy hour at 2pm and live blogged his approaches for the FFA 

Killing me that I can't watch this UB game.  I am literally using a hand-cranked emergency radio that I have to keep cranking every 3-4 minutes just to keep the audio going.  14-7 Minnesota in the early 3rd.  JuCo transfer WR Anthony Johnson with 8 receptions for 115 and 1 TD in the first half alone.

Killing me that I can't watch this UB game.  I am literally using a hand-cranked emergency radio that I have to keep cranking every 3-4 minutes just to keep the audio going.  14-7 Minnesota in the early 3rd.  JuCo transfer WR Anthony Johnson with 8 receptions for 115 and 1 TD in the first half alone.
Where are you? 

Capella said:
See that pod I just can't get through at all. I love them on twitter but that is just 45 minutes of awful jokes and long silence. I get why people like it but I don't find their podcast shtick good at all. 
I totally get that, but for some reason they crack me up and I love listening to them. I figured they would crack on their gators enough for you to enjoy!

Where are you? 
On my couch watching Ohio State/Indiana.  We don't get Big Ten Network, it's part of one of those extra sports packages.  Usually one of the local channels will pick-up the UB game and broadcast locally or I'll get it on ESPN3, but not this one.  Kinda spoiled I guess, I can't remember the last time I couldn't watch a UB game on TV.

On my couch watching Ohio State/Indiana.  We don't get Big Ten Network, it's part of one of those extra sports packages.  Usually one of the local channels will pick-up the UB game and broadcast locally or I'll get it on ESPN3, but not this one.  Kinda spoiled I guess, I can't remember the last time I couldn't watch a UB game on TV.
PM sent

Like they kept going to that same osu cb. Nice. IU looks good. Barrett looks like dog #### so far 

Users who are viewing this thread