What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate My Team - Dynasty Startup (1 Viewer)

PiKappEK328

Footballguy
Hey all,

Would appreciate some thoughts on my team... just completed a Dynasty Startup draft today.

12 team league, top 6 teams make the playoffs, 10 starters (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX (RB/WR/TE)) w/ 10 bench. No K or DEF in this league.  Rookie draft will occur next year, and there is also a taxi squad

.5 PPR for RB/WR and 1 PPR for TE, 4 pt TD pass    I had 8th overall selection, and team is below:

1.08 - Amari Cooper

2.05 - Todd Gurley

3.08 - Jarvis Landry

4.05 - Derrick Henry

5.08 - Carlos Hyde

6.05 - Tyler Eifert

7.08 - Randall Cobb

8.05 - John Ross

9.08 - Zay Jones

10.05 - Duke Johnson

11.08 - Matthew Stafford

12.05 - DOnta Foreman

13.08 - Jeremy McNichols

14.05 - DeShaun Watson

15.08 - Gerald Everrett

16.05 - Carlos Henderson

17.08 - Taywan Taylor

18.05 - Jake Butt

19.08 - Paul Richardson

20.05 - Ishmael Zamora

Thank you,

Wes

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, I would be pretty disappointed if this were my team.

QB - Stafford is OK and I like Watson's upside.....grade B-

RB - like Henry at 4.05 but I don't like Gurley at 2.05 (don't like his situation and he doesn't catch many passes) or Hyde at 5.08,  Also Duke Johnson's value is much less in 1/2 PPR.  I think you should have taken a WR where you drafted Hyde.  Grade C-

WR - Cooper is a very good dynasty asset, but you were in a tough spot drafting at 8 knowing DJ, Bell, Zeke, AB, Julio, OBJ and Evans the likely 7 drafted before you.   Big dropoff between those 4 WRs and Cooper. I probably would have taken AJ Green at 8, but I understand taking Cooper over AJ Green due to age.  Not a big fan of  Landry in a 1/2 PPR league, especially at the 3.08 price.  Cobb is getting older and has a lot of competition for targets in GB.  I do like Zay Jones and Ross as rookies.  Grade C

TE - Eifert is solid but very injury prone.  Grade B-

Overall your team is pretty mediocre and lacks a lot of upside, and I would probably give you a 35-50% chance at making the playoffs.

Best of luck to you.

I think your team is pretty solid.  I agree with FightingIllini that I'm not as big on high volume low TD receivers in only 1/2 point PPR but they will still be fine players.  I'm surprised Ajayi fell that far I think I would have gone with him as early as your 3.08 pick, much less the 4.05.  Also surprised Corey Davis fell as far as he did.  I think your team looks a lot better with Ajayi/Davis coming out of those 3.08/4.05 picks neither of which would have been available at those picks in many leagues but were available in this one, but that's just based on my own player valuations. 

I appreciate the honesty.  First time doing a dynasty league in many years.  Here's the full draft recapt: http://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=59326&O=17
No problem.  Opinions should be mixed on your team....really depends on how you think of Gurley.   You took some guys early that I am down on.

That was a very tough draft.  I agree with Bagel regarding taking Ajayi at 3.8 and Davis at 4.5.  I like that better than Landry and Henry.  Much more upside.

You were just in a tough spot. Looks like you got sniped quite often.  It would have been great to have one of the 8 players taken between 1.9 and 2.4 to slip to you, but it didn't happen.   I probably would have taken Gurley at 2.5 and hated it.  If you would have taken Ajayi and Davis, then I would  have passed on Hyde and taken Mar Bryant which went 1 pick later.....but based on how the draft unfolded, taking Hyde at 5.8 is reasonable.  I like Cooper, Gurley, Ajayi, C Davis and Mar Bryant a lot better than Cooper, Gurley, Landry, D Henry and Hyde. 

Good luck and start looking on the WW and start dealing!  Just remember that there isn't any team SO far ahead of the pack.

Users who are viewing this thread