What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 - How did I do thread (2 Viewers)

Did one from the back of the draft last night and went against the grain.  Kind of like it but we shall see

D. Brees

D. Lewis, R. Burkhead, T. Cohen, P. Barber, J. Wilkins, A. Ekeler, J. Allen

Hopkins, Julio, D. Baldwin, A. Cooper, M. Gallup, K. Cole, C. Kirk,

Eifert, Hooper, Jarwin

Carolina, Gould

Did one from the back of the draft last night and went against the grain.  Kind of like it but we shall see

D. Brees

D. Lewis, R. Burkhead, T. Cohen, P. Barber, J. Wilkins, A. Ekeler, J. Allen

Hopkins, Julio, D. Baldwin, A. Cooper, M. Gallup, K. Cole, C. Kirk,

Eifert, Hooper, Jarwin

Carolina, Gould
Got the right kind of backs to mix in with those early WR’s.  Picking the right 2 to play every week will be the challenge.   If you pick right more often then not, should be pretty good.  

From the 6.  One more this weekend and two over Labor Day and that will be all she wrote this year...

QB: K Cousins (11)

RB: M Gordon (1), D Henry (3), P Barber (6), C Clement (9), A Ekeler (12), J Connor (13), L Blount (14), K Dixon (15), C Warren (17)

WR: D Adams (2), A Cooper (4), J Gordon (5), S Watkins (8), M Williams (10), D Pettis (18)

TE: G Kittle (7), J Butt (16)

DF: CAR (19)

PK : Butker (20)

From #6

Ryan,Alex Smith

Kamara,Burkhead,Aaron Jones,Mack,Hines,Wilkins,Ivory,Ware,Edmonds

Keenan,Baldwin,Corey Davis,Richardson

Olsen,Graham,Watson

NE D,Butker

2 hole yesterday

QB:  Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan
RB:  LeVeon Bell, Devonta Freeman, Rex Burkhead, Chris Thompson, Austin Ekeler, Wayne Gallman, Tavon Austin
WR:  Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones, Robby Anderson, Nelson Agholor, D.J. Moore, Anthony Miller, Donte Moncrief
TE:  Zach Ertz, Austin Hooper
PK:  Justin Tucker
TD:  Houston Texans

Going to be interesting to see how this season plays out... some teams in here appear really good and some really bad, and I still kind of think it could either.  Just look at what's happened in the Bucks and Redskins backfield since I started drafting in late July... and the emergence of some young receivers in pre-season.

From the 12 hole August 12th.  I hated this team after drafting it.  I'm not sure how I feel now, but I think what I hated the most is simply the way the draft went and I hate the 12 spot this year.  Looking at it again, though, it has a chance.

QB   Carr (17), Eli (15), Taylor (19)

RB   Miller (4), Lewis (6), J Williams (7), Crowell (8), Montgomery (9), Ekeler (14)

WR  OBJ (1), Adams (2), Juju (3), Godwin (12), Sutton (13), Callaway (18)

TE   Njoku (5), Goedert (10), ASJ (11)

Houston (16) 

Succop (20)

I had a clear strategy of waiting on QB.  I am very high on the Browns offense and a bounce back for both Eli and Carr, so I think I can do well there.  Would love to have some clarity from week to week on the GB running back situation.  Not likely to happen, though.  I have never owned Miller before and I think that pick is the key to what left a sour taste in my mouth on this one.  But if the Houston offense is legit, then he will get a lot of work.  IDK.

ETA : I suppose you could call this a zero-RB draft, which I have done well with in the past but am largely avoiding this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
leftcoastheel said:
Going to be interesting to see how this season plays out... some teams in here appear really good and some really bad, and I still kind of think it could either.  Just look at what's happened in the Bucks and Redskins backfield since I started drafting in late July... and the emergence of some young receivers in pre-season.
It amazes me after week 1 every year I find myself saying I didn't see that one coming...  Someone always busts out in a big way and injuries always play a big part..

From the 12 hole August 12th.  I hated this team after drafting it.  I'm not sure how I feel now, but I think what I hated the most is simply the way the draft went and I hate the 12 spot this year.  Looking at it again, though, it has a chance.

QB   Carr (17), Eli (15), Taylor (19)

RB   Miller (4), Lewis (6), J Williams (7), Crowell (8), Montgomery (9), Ekeler (14)

WR  OBJ (1), Adams (2), Juju (3), Godwin (12), Sutton (13), Callaway (18)

TE   Njoku (5), Goedert (10), ASJ (11)

Houston (16) 

Succop (20)

I had a clear strategy of waiting on QB.  I am very high on the Browns offense and a bounce back for both Eli and Carr, so I think I can do well there.  Would love to have some clarity from week to week on the GB running back situation.  Not likely to happen, though.  I have never owned Miller before and I think that pick is the key to what left a sour taste in my mouth on this one.  But if the Houston offense is legit, then he will get a lot of work.  IDK.

ETA : I suppose you could call this a zero-RB draft, which I have done well with in the past but am largely avoiding this year.
Miller at 4.1? Wow.  Can’t get behind that too much.  Although I’ve never been a Miller guy.  Njoku also stands out at 5.12. You passed on some other big TE’s there im assuming.  You’re paying for the Njoku breakout with that pick.  Could happen but i would have went with a more proven TE in that spot.  Goedert also looks like an extreme reach.  What can you really expect from him as the TE2 on his own team??  Don’t get that pick at all to be honest. Not in round 10 at least.   Then the puzzling qb picks.  Eli and Taylor are barely drafted let alone in the 15th for Eli.  Unless you know something we don’t, seems pretty bad passing over the other QBs in that area for Eli.   Having said all of that, the team is better then your draft.  Ha.  Good luck. 

This one from early August, will be interesting with the RBs we got but love the WRs we got

Hopkins

Keenan

Tyreek

Allen Robinson (I wanted Cooper but let co-owner have Robinson)

Tevin Coleman

Tarik Cohen

Rex Burkhead

Nick Chubb

OJ Howard

Matthew Stafford

Kenny Stills

Aaron Jones

Austin Hooper

Matt Ryan

Austin Ekler

NO DST

Tyler Kroft (upside pick if eifert ended up hurt, probably first guy we drop if someone pops up on waivers)

Dede Westbrook

Taywan Taylor 

Robbie Gould

Miller at 4.1? Wow.  Can’t get behind that too much.  Although I’ve never been a Miller guy.  Njoku also stands out at 5.12. You passed on some other big TE’s there im assuming.  You’re paying for the Njoku breakout with that pick.  Could happen but i would have went with a more proven TE in that spot.  Goedert also looks like an extreme reach.  What can you really expect from him as the TE2 on his own team??  Don’t get that pick at all to be honest. Not in round 10 at least.   Then the puzzling qb picks.  Eli and Taylor are barely drafted let alone in the 15th for Eli.  Unless you know something we don’t, seems pretty bad passing over the other QBs in that area for Eli.   Having said all of that, the team is better then your draft.  Ha.  Good luck. 
Well Eli has OBJ, Barkley and Engram.  I find it hard to believe he doesn't bounce back.  So yes, it is possible I know something the FF world doesn't there.  I took him as the 15th QB, before Mariota and Carr (who I took later).  Also, I've been seeing Eli go in the 14th to 17th pretty regularly.  Since I was planning on combining him with Taylor (who is ridiculously undervalued this year) and a 3rd QB anyway, if I wanted him I needed to take him there.  

Clearly a reach for Njoku as well as Goedert.  I had done a couple others around the time of this draft where both of those guys were going very early.  In this draft, Njoku was the 8th TE off the board. I like him there. Njoku broke out already as a rookie (not for fantasy but for NFL).  Now he is going to be dominating snaps this year, instead of splitting snaps with DeValve.  I think TE8 is in the middle of his range of outcomes.  Burton and Kittle are the only other TEs I like around there.  I'm not drafting Reed or Eifert in a million years, and if I passed over anyone it is Walker or Rudolph, but what can I say I like Njoku more.  Goedert was 16th off the board.  I don't think that's crazy for the upside he may see in that offense.  Do the Eagles even have a single healthy WR right now?  I agree it was a reach. But I also feel that ~TE6-TE20 is an absolute crapshoot.

I've never been a Miller guy either.  That's why I said that pick left a sour taste in my mouth.  That spot was a tough one.  It would have been a big reach for Kerryon or Royce there, and I didn't like the WRs or TEs in that spot.  This draft was the weirdest of any I have done this offseason.  

Agree with these comments.  Adams at 2.01, JuJu in the third, Miller in the 4th and Njoku in the 5th all seem like reaches to me.  I am trying to get two of Cook/McCaff/Hunt/Melvin/Fournette with the 10/11/12'ish spot.  Still plenty of great receivers you grab later.  Although I can see mixing it up and taking an OBJ or Jones there if those late first/early second RBs are flying off the board.  But I think this team is going to struggle mightily at RB all year and the WR depth and TE depth are just OK.

V Different strategy from me but who knows ... good luck, hope it works out.

You are way to caught up on what you pay for players versus getting your guys. Anyone can follow ADP. 

You are way to caught up on what you pay for players versus getting your guys. Anyone can follow ADP. 
Yes obviously.  There’s also a reason why players go where they go.  Getting “your” guy is usually the excuse for not knowing how to draft from the corner.  Lamar Miller is never the best rb at 4.1.  He just isn’t.  “Your guy” or not.  If he is by some weird rb hoarding draft, you just pass on rb there.  

This thread is funny at times. Like some kids stomping their feet.."My draft is better than your draft. No mine was better"

From 3 hole

QB: Rodgers, Smith

RB:Johnson,Lynch,Penny,Chubb,Montgomery

WR: Evans,DJ Moore, Jordy, Mike WIlliams, Hurns,R. Mathews,Martavis Bryant,C. Patterson,

TE: Kelce,Engram

K: Zuerline

D:Chargers, Patriots

ImTheScientist said:
From 3 hole

QB: Rodgers, Smith

RB:Johnson,Lynch,Penny,Chubb,Montgomery

WR: Evans,DJ Moore, Jordy, Mike WIlliams, Hurns,R. Mathews,Martavis Bryant,C. Patterson,

TE: Kelce,Engram

K: Zuerline

D:Chargers, Patriots
See how you waited until end of rd 4 for Engram? You should have taken him at 3.3 if you loved him that much. Get your guy.   #ADP

GL. 

You dream of a team this good.

Yep u got me.  It’s a great team for sure.  Really solid.  It’s also identical to my 1st team.  What a dream that was. Only yours has lesser WR’s.   You learn from the best.

Well done and GL. 

My one and only FBG team. Picked #5. Mostly went upside over safety and tried to balance with value where I could. It will either be great or explode in my face. I'm good with it.

QB
Watson (5), Luck (12)

RB
Kamara (1), Drake (3), Lynch (7)
Conner (11), J. Hill (16)

WR
T. Hill (2), Landry (4), A. Robinson (6), R. Anderson (9)
Sanu (15), Wallace (17), D. Bryant (18), T. Ginn (19)

TE
Doyle (8), OJ (10)
Cook (13)

D
Chargers (14)

K
Prater (20)

From the 11 hole.  I took Gronk, so I knew I would be chasing either RB or WR, so I opted to chase WR.  Don't really hate the team as I think it has upside if some of WRs pan out.

QB: Newton (8), Bortles (16)

RB:  McCaffrey (1), Henry (3), McCoy (4), Crowell (9), Yeldon (15) 

WR:  Gordon (5), Goodwin (6), Shephard (10), Golladay (11), Westbrook (12), Ridley (13), DJax (17), Sutton (19)

TE:  Gronk (2), Rudolph (7), Green (18) 

K:  Boswell (20)

D: Philadelphia (14)

First draft of the year. Started late this year as I was really busy. From 3 spot.

QB- Big Ben

RB- David Johnson, Ajayi, Peterson, Latavius Murray, Martin, Ivory (figure McCoy gets suspended at some point)

WR- AJ Green, Diggs, Sanders, Funchess, Keelan Cole, Doctson, Dorsett

TE- Graham, Hooper, Vernon Davis, Willson

K- Elliott

D- PIT

Well. This is a big draft let me know what you think from the 9 hole

wilson, mahomes

mccaffrey, hunt, a Collins, ekeler, Cj Anderson, j Allen, c edmonds

baldwin, Goodwin, k Benjamin, k stills, m Gallup, c kirk

engram, Doyle, b jarwin

philly, gould

wilson, mahomes

engram, Doyle, b jarwin

philly, gould
Nice team.. Hunt went at 2:4 or is that just the way you listed them?  Too bad you couldn't cuff Hunt also

Nice team.. Hunt went at 2:4 or is that just the way you listed them?  Too bad you couldn't cuff Hunt also
Yeah hunt went 2.4, hard to pass on him there. It was either him or k Allen.  Cj Anderson fell to 14th round so couldn't pass on him as my handcuff..  Would of liked one more receiver but oh well

wilson, mahomes

engram, Doyle, b jarwin

philly, gould
Assuming this is your main? Think it’s solid.  Would have preferred doubling up on WR at the 3/4.  Baldwin as your WR2 looks a lot better to me.  Really don’t like those WR options after Goodwin.  Hunt is going there in most mains I’ve seen so far. Basically flipped positions with CMac.  Engram was solid there.   These drafts have been pushing TE’s up considerably.   Burton has gone rd 4 in each.  Really high on him also but not sure I can make that leap.  Qb’s also have been pushed way down.   As drafted it should be fine. Probably going to look like a lot of other teams tho. Draft seemed pretty standard by the looks of it.  These other ones had a lot of wackiness going on.   

Did a Main myself Saturday nite from #2

Luck,Ryan

David Johnson,Devonta Freeman,Howard,Hyde,Chubb,Ware,Dixon

Demaryius Thomas,Cooks,Crowder,Jordy,DJ Moore,DJ Chark

Eifert,Hooper,Hurst

NE D,Butker

Da Gildz said:
Assuming this is your main? Think it’s solid.  Would have preferred doubling up on WR at the 3/4.  Baldwin as your WR2 looks a lot better to me.  Really don’t like those WR options after Goodwin.  Hunt is going there in most mains I’ve seen so far. Basically flipped positions with CMac.  Engram was solid there.   These drafts have been pushing TE’s up considerably.   Burton has gone rd 4 in each.  Really high on him also but not sure I can make that leap.  Qb’s also have been pushed way down.   As drafted it should be fine. Probably going to look like a lot of other teams tho. Draft seemed pretty standard by the looks of it.  These other ones had a lot of wackiness going on.   
This one was much different as TEs got pushed down.  I think I would of liked it more had I passed on engram in the 6th for Edelman...  Collins was always my target in the third so no Wr was an option.  My real option was Allen over hunt!  Six one way half a dozen another.  Usually don't go TEs early so it left me weak at WR but we shall see how the late guys pan out..  Remember if Baldwin is right he could be a WR1 and should be with playing from behind a lot.  After taking two TEs early then I take Wilson in the 8th as well but really didn't like anything that was there and honestly the guys that were there in the 8th could all easily bust so why not take a top 3 QB..

zeke99 said:
Did a Main myself Saturday nite from #2

Luck,Ryan

David Johnson,Devonta Freeman,Howard,Hyde,Chubb,Ware,Dixon

Demaryius Thomas,Cooks,Crowder,Jordy,DJ Moore,DJ Chark

Eifert,Hooper,Hurst

NE D,Butker
Looks good if TEs pan out, you can see the difference of waiting on them though and loading up on position players..

Just finished from the 2...

Mahomes, Cousins

Johnson, Ajayi, Coleman, Clement, Ron Jones, C Edmonds, K Dixon

T Hill, Diggs, Edelman, Watkins, A Miller, Sutton, Enunwa

Engram, ASJ

CHI

Gano

One more tonight then off to the races.

Did one more. Don't have the practice of most on the board so a little rusty but hoping for the best. Went 2 TEs in first 5 rounds.

QB- Stafford, Mariota

RB- Kamara, Peyton Barber, Breida, Montgomery, Martin, Gillislee

WR- Green, Hogan, Funchess, Golladay, Calvin Ridley, Geronimo Allison

TE- Ertz, Graham, Davis, Willson

K- Elliott

D- Broncos

Just finished from the 2...

Mahomes, Cousins

Johnson, Ajayi, Coleman, Clement, Ron Jones, C Edmonds, K Dixon

T Hill, Diggs, Edelman, Watkins, A Miller, Sutton, Enunwa

Engram, ASJ

CHI

Gano

One more tonight then off to the races.
Looks like we were in the same draft. I like your team a lot especially when Edelman is back. I also think Demaryius may be fazed out in Denver as the year goes on so really like Sutton especially late in the year .

I was in the same draft with you guys...  Too funny

Luck, t taylor

mccaffrey, a Collins, m lynch, t Cohen, a ekeler, j allen

k Allen, juju, Goodwin, Cobb, m Gallup, c Meredith, a wilson

doyle, eifert

Baltimore, gould

Was in the same one as you other three.. The 4 playoff teams would be nice.. Demaryius ain't goin nowhere Rook:)

Goff,Smith

Gurley,Devonta Freeman,Jamaal Williams,Carson,Penny,John Kelly

Hilton,Demaryius,Tate,Jordy,Mike Williams,Richardson,Dorsett

Hooper,Gates,Watson

NE D,Crosby

No wonder the draft was evenly spread.  I think there are few teams that suck, but top to bottom it's a tough league.

Good luck guys.

Edit - and it will take an injury to D Thom or Sanders for Sutton to be relevant IMO... but if he becomes relevant, I think he could be really freaking good from everything I am reading.  Late round upside pick.

Was in the same one as you other three.. The 4 playoff teams would be nice.. Demaryius ain't goin nowhere Rook:)

Goff,Smith

Gurley,Devonta Freeman,Jamaal Williams,Carson,Penny,John Kelly

Hilton,Demaryius,Tate,Jordy,Mike Williams,Richardson,Dorsett

Hooper,Gates,Watson

NE D,Crosby
Ah yes.. I snaked Coleman from you.  I was debating between Coleman and Carson there I think in the 6th... and preventing you from locking up the Falcons back field made me grab Coleman and then you took Carson, and I like the Falcons run game more anyhow, but you got Penny... so we will see how it plays out.

Good team though.  GL.

I really like this team. From the 10 spot:

QB Cam (8) Garroplo (12)

RB Fournette (1) McCaffrey (2) Duke J (9) Doug Martin (14) Blount (16) Rod Smith (17) Boston Scott (19) Justin Jackson (20)

WR Fitgerald (3) JuJu (4) Goodwin (6) Sammie Watkins (7) Jordy (10)

TE Reed (5) Austin SJ (11) Brate (13)

D LAC (15)

K Bryant (18)

Felt I reached for Reed but TEs were flying off the board. Also, I better hope my two starting RBs stay healthy. Didn't want to draft two QBs but when Garropolo was still there I said why not...

5 hole July 21-

QB- Brady(8), Winston(19)

RB- Johnson(1), R. Freeman(4), Ron Jones (5), Ty Montgomery(9), Booker(10), Ballage(11), Breida(14), Gore(17)

WR- Green(2), Cooper(3), Kupp(7), Cole(12), MIller(13), Westbrook(16)

TE- Burton(6), Hooper(15

K-Succop

D-LAC

3 Hole Aug 4th-

QB- Wentz (9), Mahomes (14)

RB- Elliot (1), McKinnon (2), K. Johnson (6), Carson (8), Clement (11), Edmonds (19)

WR- Evans (3), JUJU (4), Sanders, (7), Dez (12), Lockett (13), Richardson (15), Cole (16)

TE- Rudolph(5), Ebron (10), Wilson (18)

K- Butkner (20)

Def- Houston (17)

3 Hole August 14-

QB- Wilson(6), Ryan(16)

RB- Henry (4), Cohen (7), Crowell (8), Hyde (9) Wilkins (10), Ballage (14), Gore (17), Blount (18)

WR- Brown (1), Evans (3), Tate (5), Stills (11), Gallup (12), Lockett (13)

TE- Ertz (2), Dickson (19)

K- Tucker (14)

Def- Pitt (20)
That McKinnon pick in the Aug 4th draft hurts, Ron Jones...what we wished we knew. Not crazy about your RBs in the 14th draft

Saint said:
From the 11 hole.  I took Gronk, so I knew I would be chasing either RB or WR, so I opted to chase WR.  Don't really hate the team as I think it has upside if some of WRs pan out.

QB: Newton (8), Bortles (16)

RB:  McCaffrey (1), Henry (3), McCoy (4), Crowell (9), Yeldon (15) 

WR:  Gordon (5), Goodwin (6), Shephard (10), Golladay (11), Westbrook (12), Ridley (13), DJax (17), Sutton (19)

TE:  Gronk (2), Rudolph (7), Green (18) 

K:  Boswell (20)

D: Philadelphia (14)
I like this team. I don't like the Rudolph pick but other than that you got some real upside at RB

Last of my buy-ins... Just finished.  1 slot.

Jimmy G, Eli

Gurley, Drake, Henry, K Johnson, Peterson, Blount, R Kelley

T Hill, Cooks, Edelman, R Anderson, M Williams, DJ Moore, T Taylor

Kittle, Hooper

CAR

Gano

Not too happy with my QBs... drafters ran on them in the 11 and 12, and I wanted my guys at the 12/13 turn.  Otherwise, I like this team.

Drafted last night and had #4 pick.

QB: Wilson (7), Stafford (12)

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), Mixon (3), Barber (9), J Wilkins (14), J Kelly (18)

WR: Gordon (4), Goodwin (5), Jeffery (8), K Benjamin (10), R Matthews (11), Tyrell Williams (15), Jermaine Kearse (19), Terrance Williams (20)

TE: Njoku (6), Seals-Jones (13)

K: Tucker (16)

D: Texans (17)

Drafted last night and had #4 pick.

QB: Wilson (7), Stafford (12)

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), Mixon (3), Barber (9), J Wilkins (14), J Kelly (18)

WR: Gordon (4), Goodwin (5), Jeffery (8), K Benjamin (10), R Matthews (11), Tyrell Williams (15), Jermaine Kearse (19), Terrance Williams (20)

TE: Njoku (6), Seals-Jones (13)

K: Tucker (16)

D: Texans (17)
Solid team if WRs pan out.  I'd also have grabbed Conner and/or Gio late and probably Coleman at the end of the 6th.

Dipped my toe in this for the first time this year, did one FBG entry and one $150 best ball (can't image doing 27):

FBG from the 9 spot:

QB: Deshaun Watson (6), Carson Wentz (11)

RB: Alex Collins (3) Derrick Henry (4) Tarik Cohen (7) K Dixon (14) T Austin (16) D Sproles (18)

WR: Hopkins (1), Keenan Allen (2), Keelan Cole (8), Kenny Stills (9), Kelvin Benjamin (10), Michael Gallup (12), Taywan Taylor (15)

TE: Evan Engram (5), Charles Clay (13), Cam Brate (17)

K: Boswell (20)
D: Steelers (19)

Best Ball from the 6 spot:

QB: Newton, Tyrod, Flacco

RB: Kamara, Lamar Miller, Alfred Morris, James Conner, Booker, Hines, T Austin

WR: Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Corey Davis, Keelan Cole, Kelvin Benjamin, Josh Doctson, Kenny Golladay, Christian Kirk

TE: Trey Burton, Eric Ebron, Higbee, Everett

K: Rosas, Maher

D: DEN, TB, IND

Relatively happy with both, but ended up a lot more WR heavy than I had intended.

Proud to say I did not take Bell on a single team and took Conner on several.

Been real... look forward to revisiting this thread later in the season and then again at the end of the season.

GL ALL!

So many disappointed people watching Falcons vs Eagles. All realizing the teams they drafted are trash. Work the waiver wire scrubs.... you are going to need it.

Users who are viewing this thread