What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (8 Viewers)

Was going with Dallas with Falk starting, but with Darnold back and being on the road for Dallas, I think i want Seattle over them now.

Starting Washington or Miami may be a shark move, but I'm not ever gonna chance fantasy on a team that tanking and there are two there. 

Chargers against Pitt if Rudolph dont play might be a nice play. 

Planned on doing Waiver Wire Def's this year but seems everyone in my league has the same idea :lol:  . Didn't really want to burn waiver $$ each week chasing good matchups so gave up on it after Week 4. Decided to grab what I believe are two top 5 defensive units with SF (dropped at their bye) and Pack (dropped after Eagles game). Doesn't hurt they're both pretty decent offenses too. There really isn't a bad matchup week for the combo the rest of the way.

Week 6: GB vs. Det

Week 7: GB vs. Oak   (or SF at Washington)

Week 8: SF vs. Panthers

Week 9: 49ers at Cardinals

Week 10: GB vs. Panthers (or SF vs. Seahawks)

Week 11: SF vs. Cardinals      (Pack BYE)

Week 12: SF vs. GB (Play each other)

Week 13: GB @ NYG (or SF @ Balt....Balt is increasingly becoming a must-start for opposing defenses)

Week 14: GB vs. Wash

Week 15: GB vs. Bears (or SF vs. Atl)

Week 16: SF vs. LAR    (This is probably the lone week I have a question who to start. Pack are AT Vikings. And it'll be the week WHEN I'm playing for the championship and will have a lot more matchup choices at not having to compete with everyone else)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped tn for san fran.  That def looks for real
Dropped Jacksonville for them...should have trusted them and did it last week but it didn't come back to bite me in the ###.

Seem like an every week play now...just have to determine to risk vs Seattle and NO (with Brees likely back)...GB and Balt too but GB you can usually at least count on a few sacks.

SF still on my wire.  No one believes.  I have Tenn and Buff so would have to run with Tenn this week in a decent matchup.  I'd put it on par with SF at LA, if not a little better.  ROS Buff is set up nicely.

Dropped Jacksonville for them...should have trusted them and did it last week but it didn't come back to bite me in the ###.

Seem like an every week play now...just have to determine to risk vs Seattle and NO (with Brees likely back)...GB and Balt too but GB you can usually at least count on a few sacks.

I'm going to play them from here on out.  Even against the rams.   If they burn me a couple times I will rethink but that's my plan for now

Im having a hard time choosing between Dallas and Carolina. Darnold is back and Dallas defense has been shaky but will Darnold be rusty and the Jets oline still sucks. Meanwhile Winston is still a turnover machine, Panthers among leaders in sacks, and TB down two offensive linemen. 

One to look out for is if anyone drops the Bills on bye this week. After the bye ..

MIA, PHI, WASH, @CLE, @MIA 

that’s pretty good. Someone in one of my leagues just dropped them, think I’ll pick up and stash 

Rode the Eagles to a win last week, now thinking of dumping them for Dallas or Tennessee, who are both on the waiver wire.

The Redskins are there too but I wouldn't trust that mess. 

Have Tenn for this week but SF was sitting there so I added them for next week vs Wash and beyond.
You and me both!  :hifive:

Looking at it again I probably should've swapped Tenn for the Chargers, likely against a 3rd string QB. That said, I've largely decided I want teams that are good real-life defenses as long as they don't have a horrible matchup.

SF on my wire too and I like them for the long haul as they are legit.

But I like the Jets' match ups over the long haul even better, and they are healing up.

Might be a gamble as often it's better to take a known quantity (a really stout and consistent SF D) over the promise on paper (Jets D has some great pieces to it), but the match ups look so much better for the Jets.

Paired NE with Jets to see how Gang Green heals, then wheels and deals on the field. If they get back to the level I suspect, they seem to be a solid hold. 

Have a few weeks before NE's bye to see how it plays out.

Is Ramsey ever coming back? I stuck with Jax but debating about keeping them or picking Denver instead. Jacksonville has a pretty good schedule for the next few weeks and my options are not great other than Denver and only for this week

Rode the Eagles to a win last week, now thinking of dumping them for Dallas or Tennessee, who are both on the waiver wire.

The Redskins are there too but I wouldn't trust that mess. 
Dropped Eagles picked up Dallas this week

Dropped Minnesota picked up Dallas this week

Chicago on bye gotta hold two in one league for one week

I've now gone from streaming to having San Fran and Buffalo in one league. I'm doing what I almost never do, and carrying two over lottery tickets. Thing is, they don't match-up that well all the time, even if you alternate them against opponents. Tough weeks are all the same. 

I'm no longer considering picking up the Jets' defense to pair with the Patriots' defense.  The only weeks I won't start the Patriots is their week 10 bye and possibly week 14 against the Chiefs.  The Jets play the Giants week 10.  That matchup looked better for the Jets' defense a few weeks ago.  The Colts play the Dolphins in week 10.  The Redskins unfortunately have a week 10 bye.  I'll look to pick up the Colts' defense before week 9.  I'll will consider picking up the Jets defense after week 10 since they play the Dolphins in week 14.

A lot of people talking about the second half schedule for the Patriots and the chiefs game week 14. Recommend reading this article from Bucky Brooks that covers both topics. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001064540/article/patriots-defensive-dominance-explained-early-mvp-frontrunner
Interesting read, thanks. Maybe I'm more sick of the Brady/BB/Pats continual buffing in the media, but not sure the schemes are so revolutionary for playing heavy man. Was the hallmark of Raiders CB coverage for years. What the article does get more right is the versatility of all these players who are above average, even rotational guys, at all 3 levels of the D. I also credit that, having two shutdown corners, they play to that strength and set up a run-funnel D -- playing perfectly into BB's 3-4 scheme.

I'm no longer considering picking up the Jets' defense to pair with the Patriots' defense.  The only weeks I won't start the Patriots is their week 10 bye and possibly week 14 against the Chiefs.  The Jets play the Giants week 10.  That matchup looked better for the Jets' defense a few weeks ago.  The Colts play the Dolphins in week 10.  The Redskins unfortunately have a week 10 bye.  I'll look to pick up the Colts' defense before week 9.  I'll will consider picking up the Jets defense after week 10 since they play the Dolphins in week 14.
Hard disagree. While I do think you are right, it's hard to sit NE right now for any opponent, there is no way that the Jets match ups in weeks 9 through 14 are decidedly much easier and less risky than NE's in that same stretch

NE         NYJ

Week 9    @Bal     @Mia

Week 10  BYE       NYG

Week 11  @Phi    @Was

Week 12   Dal       Oak

Week 13  @Hou   @Cin

Week 14   KC        Mia

See lots of Jets talk in here and to @Stompin' Tom Connors point I may jump on them a week early to cover Pitt's bye even though they have the Patriots.  I may wait as the Giants are available and have Ari at home this week but I think the NYJ hype is real and the PIT/NYJ combo looks strong.  After this week it's a pretty tempting streaming schedule through week 14.

Mia, @Mia, NYG, @Was, @Cin, @Cin, Mia

Week 15 is a choice between @Bal & Buf

Week 16 they play each other in NY.

Chaka said:
See lots of Jets talk in here and to @Stompin' Tom Connors point I may jump on them a week early to cover Pitt's bye even though they have the Patriots.  I may wait as the Giants are available and have Ari at home this week but I think the NYJ hype is real and the PIT/NYJ combo looks strong.  After this week it's a pretty tempting streaming schedule through week 14.

Mia, @Mia, NYG, @Was, @Cin, @Cin, Mia

Week 15 is a choice between @Bal & Buf

Week 16 they play each other in NY.
Jets and Bills stack also strong.  4 x MIA...

I'm holding on the Panthers even with the bye, been super thrilled with them. Going forward though not sure who else to pick up, I can't talk myself into the Jets. I mean besides their schedule later in the year, they haven't done too much. 

Jets looking like a really good hold candidate. 

Starting week 9, they get Mia, NYG, Was, Oak, Cin, Mia, Bal, Pit. That's 5 amazing weeks with 3 still decent weeks mixed in.

Going to try and pick up the Bills on waivers this week obviously.  Question is, should I keep Ravens or Eagles for ROS?  Both have fairly good playoff matchups until week 16

pick up Pittsburgh this week in preparation for Miami next week and then pick up Jets next week for a stretch run is what I am thinking.

Holding Minny and Carolina at the moment. I will try to drop Minny for the Jets ROS after this week. (Depending on injuries, I might pull the trigger now so I don’t miss out on the waiver run) Jets D is no joke, and the offense will now help them out. The schedule is tasty as well. No brainer in my mind.

If there are no last minute injuries on Sunday morning, I'm probably preemptively picking up the Jets before having to fight through waivers next week 
I picked them up. I’m gonna try to bite the bullet and play them this week to avoid carrying two defenses. Will see how much my opponent has scored after noon games. 

Users who are viewing this thread