What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (5 Viewers)

There 3 game stretch is about as tough as it gets 

Green Bay, @ Baltimore , @ New Orleans

They lost a playmaker for a few weeks.

Arizona gave them fits twice recently.

I need to choose the defense that will score the most points in the next two weeks and I’m not sure that defense is San Francisco.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed I am all in on BALTIMORE D/ST on all 3 leagues I play in. I may find a spot play with a second defense perhaps, most likely stand pat.

I sense the momentum building in BAL on offense and defense. This team is riding high. Can Harbaugh keep them up. Can the team keep playing inspired football?

I'm riding the wave...

And Goff seems to be in a little funk. He could break out, don't like it that the WR's haven't been consistent. Kinda throws things off for the Rams leaning on Gurley. If BAL gets off to a decent lead, then hello defense again.
I am also debating what to do with Baltimore.  Own NEP and had grabbed BAL a couple weeks ago for the bye.

I benched BAL last week against HOU, but that was pretty impressive.

Their next 3 are LAR, SF and BUF.  While none of those are auto-starts, the way that BAL has been playing lately, none of them really scare me as opponents.

OTOH, I need to drop someone for TE bye coverage and I am in 3rd place safely in the playoffs and have NEP for a good playoff run, so maybe I don't really NEED BAL.  But they seem like they might still be worth stashing as an option.

Decisions, decisions...

There 3 game stretch is about as tough as it gets 

Green Bay, @ Baltimore , @ New Orleans

They lost a playmaker for a few weeks.

Arizona gave them fits twice recently.

I need to choose the defense that will score the most points in the next two weeks and I’m not sure that defense is San Francisco.
So right now I am rostering CLE & SF. My plan is to play CLE the next 3 weeks (vs MIA, PIT, CIN) and then the 49ers weeks 15 & 16 (if I make it that far) vs ATL & LAR.

So right now I am rostering CLE & SF. My plan is to play CLE the next 3 weeks (vs MIA, PIT, CIN) and then the 49ers weeks 15 & 16 (if I make it that far) vs ATL & LAR.
Wish I had room for 2 but I don’t 

I may look at teams without similar projections to San Fran, but a plus matchup next week since I need to win the next two games to get a playoff spot and my matchup this week is much easier.

Greenbay versus San Fran and then NYG next week seems like a nice preemptive pickup 

I actually see the Jets were just dropped as well and while their matchup this week isn’t great it gets good the next 2-3

I just noticed I am all in on BALTIMORE D/ST on all 3 leagues I play in. I may find a spot play with a second defense perhaps, most likely stand pat.

I sense the momentum building in BAL on offense and defense. This team is riding high. Can Harbaugh keep them up. Can the team keep playing inspired football?

I'm riding the wave...

And Goff seems to be in a little funk. He could break out, don't like it that the WR's haven't been consistent. Kinda throws things off for the Rams leaning on Gurley. If BAL gets off to a decent lead, then hello defense again.
I dropped the Rams and picked up the Ravens.  Not as much for this week but for the playoffs.  I could also have had the Falcons, who I like the best for this week, or Browns and Titans were also available and possible.

A high scoring offense puts pressure on the other team to keep up, which creates opportunities for sacks and picks, so that's a point in their favor.  Also their cornerbacks are probably the best in the league as a group, making passing tough.  Their run defense is good but not fantastic, which makes it scary to face Gurley this week if he really is finally healthy.  But I didn't want to miss out on the Ravens playoff schedule.  I don't expect any booms this week against LA or next week against SF, but after that they could be a week winner (I hope).

Been using and holding the Rams for a few weeks now, but with BAL, ARI, SEA, DAL, SF on the upcoming schedule, are they safe to drop?

Without getting too much "my league"; the only viable option I'd look to swap them with would be CLE

I'd be comfortable dropping the Rams, as their offense isn't potent enough to keep the D off the field and their opponents making risky play attempts.

Considering Cleveland gets Miami this week and Cincy after next week, I'd want in on that for those two games. But you'd need to find another team to carry for week 13 (or play them against Pittsburgh, which might not be a bad move actually).
Cleveland doesnt seem so sexy with Garrett susp and another DL susp and Burnett IR'd. Even against the Browns. Fitz and Parker are clicking. No running game, but Ballage is unquestioned RB now, maybe he can relax and play better. 

I already clinched a playoff spot and was planning on going with the Browns, but with Garrett out and the injuries they have, I picked up the Giants.   Week 15 against Dolphins and week 16 @Redskins.   I figure Haskins is good for a few sacks and an int against anyone.   championship

rolling with detroit this week, in 2 leagues.  have philly and gb lined up for the next 3 weeks.   :shrug:    miami isn't an auto play for me anymore, with fitzmagic back, but philly's ROS is pretty sweet.  as is gb's.  

I already clinched a playoff spot and was planning on going with the Browns, but with Garrett out and the injuries they have, I picked up the Giants.   Week 15 against Dolphins and week 16 @Redskins.   I figure Haskins is good for a few sacks and an int against anyone.   championship
I don't get this line of thinking. Even without Garrett Cleveland is a much better than that atrocious Giants defense. 

Wish I had room for 2 but I don’t 

I may look at teams without similar projections to San Fran, but a plus matchup next week since I need to win the next two games to get a playoff spot and my matchup this week is much easier.

Greenbay versus San Fran and then NYG next week seems like a nice preemptive pickup 

I actually see the Jets were just dropped as well and while their matchup this week isn’t great it gets good the next 2-3
I know I’m just talking to myself, but With the Niners hurting at many skill positions coming down to a GTD (Breida, Kittle, Sanders, Deebo) this night not be such a bad play to grab Green Bay for the next two weeks.

Any one starting the Patriots defense this week?  I'm leaning toward starting them but there are some defenses on the waiver wire with nice matchups.  Defenses have scored the 3rd least points against the Cowboys this season.  This is not going to be an easy decision.

Any one starting the Patriots defense this week?  I'm leaning toward starting them but there are some defenses on the waiver wire with nice matchups.  Defenses have scored the 3rd least points against the Cowboys this season.  This is not going to be an easy decision.
I have them inside my top 10 so I would edge toward playing them.

deciding between GB and Browns....on Browns currently, but could be convinced otherwise.
have been debating picking up the Browns as well, but the lack of pass rush with no Garrett puts more pressure on their DB's... and to my knowledge, they're not exactly stellar. Granted it's MIA, but they haven't actually been as terrible as they have to start the season. 

I could really use someone with more statistical analysis than I to talk me into CLE though...

Any thoughts on CHI (vs NYG) or BUF (vs DEN)?

Looking to make a decision on one of them now to make a pickup.

Feel like maybe CHI has more upside against a turnover prone D. Jones while maybe BUF/DEN is a low scoring, but low turnover slugfest. (Also, Miami has put up points on Buffalo twice. Also, BUF with a lousy matchup next week while CHI could be usable against DET.

4th&inches said:
Been using and holding the Rams for a few weeks now, but with BAL, ARI, SEA, DAL, SF on the upcoming schedule, are they safe to drop?

Without getting too much "my league"; the only viable option I'd look to swap them with would be CLE
I am in the same boat and I dropped the Rams. Deciding between Titans, Raiders, and Falcons for this week. 

Don Hutson said:
:hey:

Debating them or the Jets and leaning Patriots, which seems weird given DAL's offensive weapons and being a tough match up for any D - given up the least amount of fantasy points to Ds this year per Yahoo's reckoning.

Jets aren't world-beaters but are on the upswing, have the run D to limit the Raiders' biggest offensive threat, and while I love 'em and love what I'm seeing from them this year, this seems exactly like just the kind of game the Raiders would drop on the road.  

Don Hutson said:
Yep, and expecting them to have a top 10 week, not as good as usual, but serviceable, and should be all I need.

:hey:

Debating them or the Jets and leaning Patriots, which seems weird given DAL's offensive weapons and being a tough match up for any D - given up the least amount of fantasy points to Ds this year per Yahoo's reckoning.

Jets aren't world-beaters but are on the upswing, have the run D to limit the Raiders' biggest offensive threat, and while I love 'em and love what I'm seeing from them this year, this seems exactly like just the kind of game the Raiders would drop on the road.  
We have similar thinking.   I dropped the Raider D.  I don't trust them going to the east coast and playing a decent QB.   That Raider secondary is simply not good.   

I gotta win Week 13 real bad, so I'm looking to pick up the right DST now for next week. Figure maybe someone out there might be in the same spot and wants to think about a preemptive pick up. 

Carolina and GB are free agents in a lot of leagues right now.  Carolina is going against Washington, with Wash giving up the 6th most points to DST on the year. But they've been looking especially bad recently. 

Then there's the Packers going against the Giants. Giants have given up the 2nd most points to DST on the year, but I think they're better than the Skins at this point? 

Overall I think the GB DST is better than Car, but a matchup against Haskins is tough to pass up on. 

I gotta win Week 13 real bad, so I'm looking to pick up the right DST now for next week. Figure maybe someone out there might be in the same spot and wants to think about a preemptive pick up. 

Carolina and GB are free agents in a lot of leagues right now.  Carolina is going against Washington, with Wash giving up the 6th most points to DST on the year. But they've been looking especially bad recently. 

Then there's the Packers going against the Giants. Giants have given up the 2nd most points to DST on the year, but I think they're better than the Skins at this point? 

Overall I think the GB DST is better than Car, but a matchup against Haskins is tough to pass up on. 
I picked up Green Bay for this exact reason.

Carolina also available, but I can only carry one, so as of now I’m working with Green Bay as I have to start them this week as well.

Any thoughts on CHI D (vs NYG) vs. BUF D (vs DEN)?

Had been rolling with Buffalo, but they aren't giving me warm and fuzzies. Miami moved the ball pretty well against them (twice now). Don't get it. 

BUF D universally ranked as #2 (behind PIT), but I'm not feeling it.

I’ve been rolling with the Niners but with Ford hurt and their playoff schedule I blinked. Picked up the Eagles as supposedly healthy and have really good matchups starting next week. Question is this week. Niners hosting GB or Eagles hosting Seahawks?

I’ve been rolling with the Niners but with Ford hurt and their playoff schedule I blinked. Picked up the Eagles as supposedly healthy and have really good matchups starting next week. Question is this week. Niners hosting GB or Eagles hosting Seahawks?
Niners this week. I also like Seattle as a sleeper this week vs a banged up Philly team as long as Clowney plays. 

I would play the D that is playing the terrible Redskins.   Haskins isn't even close to being an NFL QB.  

Giants have given up the 2nd most points to DST on the year, but I think they're better than the Skins at this point? 
Opposing fantasy defenses have averaged the most fantasy points against the Giants over the last 6 weeks by a wide margin.  In a fantasy league that doesn't give many fantasy points for points scored or yards given up, opposing fantasy defenses have averaged 15.8 fantasy points against the Giants over that stretch.  Second worst over that period is Tampa Bay at 12.4 fantasy points given up.  The Giants downturn does coincide with Barkley's injury so maybe a healthy Barkley would help both in pass protection and in keeping defenses honest.  Here is what opposing defenses have done against the Giants:

Week 1 Cowboys         5.0

Week 2 Bills                  5.0

Week 3 Buccaneers    9.0

Week 4 Redskins         8.0

Week 5 Vikings            9.0

Week 6 Patriots          21.0

Week 7 Cardinals       14.0

Week 8 Lions              11.0

Week 9 Cowboys       17.0

Week 10 Jets              16.0

I’m setting and forgetting the 9ers like I have all season

#### it
I was doing the same until someone inexplicably dropped BAL for DET, burned my #2 priority and made the switch. GB,@bal,@NO is brutal, down 2 DL, I feel lucky last week they got 8 pts on the last play or it would have been a single digit week. 

I’m setting and forgetting the 9ers like I have all season

#### it

I was doing the same until someone inexplicably dropped BAL for DET, burned my #2 priority and made the switch. GB,@bal,@NO is brutal, down 2 DL, I feel lucky last week they got 8 pts on the last play or it would have been a single digit week. 
League Managers are following the weekly rankings, some look down the road, some looking for an edge this week. DET's edge over BAL is minimal at best. I think I'm actually playing DET in one DFS lineup. But, this is only a one week play.

SF seems like a set it and forget it for the most part. SF's schedule does make one wonder though. Rodgers could take a few sacks and toss an INT this week on the road. 

DET ranked higher than BAL this week by most.

BAL is a D/ST that continues to roll on and they have a solid schedule from here on out. While their ranking @ LAR is not ranked within the top 10-12 or even more by many, some I see have them around 6-8, YET the fractions are nominal and the FACT is they have been producing, and GOFF has been rattled with TO's. SOOOO what's not to like about BAL? No D/ST can continually expect double digit returns or defensive TD's every week. I like them because I like the return of value over the next 7 games moving forward. Otherwise, it's back to streaming and waiver wire.

When I saw BAL back on the waiver wire because of their bye in week 8, dropped with NE in week 9 I added them for free to pair with LAR for a week. I ended up with BAL in all three leagues. I was like, what gives, these guys throttled SEA in week 7 with 17 points. What's to question here? Great offense. Click ADD. Click DROP LAR and free up a bench space for Tyrell the Gazelle lol. Yep, he was dropped too. Borderline Flex play or bench play for me this week. Worthy of a bench spot by not holding two D/ST's.

League Managers are following the weekly rankings, some look down the road, some looking for an edge this week. DET's edge over BAL is minimal at best. I think I'm actually playing DET in one DFS lineup. But, this is only a one week play.

SF seems like a set it and forget it for the most part. SF's schedule does make one wonder though. Rodgers could take a few sacks and toss an INT this week on the road. 

DET ranked higher than BAL this week by most.

BAL is a D/ST that continues to roll on and they have a solid schedule from here on out. While their ranking @ LAR is not ranked within the top 10-12 or even more by many, some I see have them around 6-8, YET the fractions are nominal and the FACT is they have been producing, and GOFF has been rattled with TO's. SOOOO what's not to like about BAL? No D/ST can continually expect double digit returns or defensive TD's every week. I like them because I like the return of value over the next 7 games moving forward. Otherwise, it's back to streaming and waiver wire.

When I saw BAL back on the waiver wire because of their bye in week 8, dropped with NE in week 9 I added them for free to pair with LAR for a week. I ended up with BAL in all three leagues. I was like, what gives, these guys throttled SEA in week 7 with 17 points. What's to question here? Great offense. Click ADD. Click DROP LAR and free up a bench space for Tyrell the Gazelle lol. Yep, he was dropped too. Borderline Flex play or bench play for me this week. Worthy of a bench spot by not holding two D/ST's.
The narrative about New England at the beginning of this season disagrees with you. 

They have one game of less than double digit points and Baltimore has came on since gain Peters and getting Smith back on the outside. Baltimore has not had less than double digits since week 6. Before then they were sloppy, no dispute there, but they are not sloppy now and thats the point.

They traveled to Seattle against a way better team in a much harder place to dismantle the Seahawks. Then again against NE Cincy, sure but Houston too? They may not blow up, but 8 points is what I need.

The narrative about New England at the beginning of this season disagrees with you. 

They have one game of less than double digit points and Baltimore has came on since gain Peters and getting Smith back on the outside. Baltimore has not had less than double digits since week 6. Before then they were sloppy, no dispute there, but they are not sloppy now and thats the point.

They traveled to Seattle against a way better team in a much harder place to dismantle the Seahawks. Then again against NE Cincy, sure but Houston too? They may not blow up, but 8 points is what I need.
I was mentioning NE because whoever roster'd BAL dropped them during their bye week after they torched SEA in week 7 and looking ahead playing against NE early in the year was a team to avoid playing your defense. BAL manhandled NE and woke everyone up. Enter Lamar with introduction by Ingram.

BAL is my favorite to beat NE a second time and go to the Superbowl. KC may put up a good fight as well. Their D will be their achilles heal. I've pushed my chips all in on Lamar and D/ST.

I was mentioning NE because whoever roster'd BAL dropped them during their bye week after they torched SEA in week 7 and looking ahead playing against NE early in the year was a team to avoid playing your defense. BAL manhandled NE and woke everyone up. Enter Lamar with introduction by Ingram.

BAL is my favorite to beat NE a second time and go to the Superbowl. KC may put up a good fight as well. Their D will be their achilles heal. I've pushed my chips all in on Lamar and D/ST.
Now that the weather is looking like big wind in Washington, Detroit may be a better play this weeks. Haskins and wind...that has to be nice, right? 

Now that the weather is looking like big wind in Washington, Detroit may be a better play this weeks. Haskins and wind...that has to be nice, right? 
Have DET available to me as well, but am leaning toward dropping LAR to add ATL; Defense has looked real good the past 2 weeks and they're playing Winston...

BUF vs DEN and PIT @ CIN is my debate. Going with PIT. I’ve made the wrong choice 100% of the time over the last 4 weeks

I’m going Lions over ATL. Bucs could still score, I’ll take the high school QB against my defense 
very true; although with Winston throwing INT's at a historic rate, I think ATL has the potential to run one back a well...even if TB puts up more points. 

That HS QB in WAS is a tasty matchup for the defense tho... :wall:

Struggling with BUF (vs DEN) or CHI (vs NYG).

Feel like I need to go for ceiling today. I could see BUF/DEN being the lower scoring game, but maybe Denver doesn't turn it over / get sacked.

Could actually see the NYG being a bit spunky today in Chicago, but I could also see D. Jones throwing picks, fumbling (and he's fumbled 6 times I think in the last 4 games).

Users who are viewing this thread