What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (8 Viewers)

Here is a ranking of the Week 15 defenses.  In bold is the defense followed by average points scored.  Next is their opponent and average points allowed to opposing defenses.  Lastly, the two numbers added together and the teams ranked accordingly.  Scoring is 0pt=5, 1-5pt=2, 6-10pt=1, TD=6, FR=2, Int=2, Sack=1, Safety=2.

Patriots (12.1) at Bengals (9.1) = 21.2

49ers (9.9) vs Falcons (7.9) = 17.8

Steelers (10.9) vs Bills (6.4) =17.3

Ravens (8.2) vs Jets (8.9) = 17.1

Seahawks (7.8) at Panthers (8.5) = 16.3

Panthers (7.5) vs Seahawks (8.6) = 16.1

Giants (6.1) vs Dolphins (9.8) = 15.9

Lions (5.4) vs Buccaneers (10.5) = 15.9

Buccaneers (7.9) at Lions (6.7) = 14.6

Titans (7.9) vs Texans (6.4) = 14.3

Saints (8.0) vs Colts (6.2) = 14.2

Browns (6.2) at Cardinals (8.0) 14.2

Eagles (6.2) at Redskins (7.8) 14.0

Chiefs (7.5) vs Broncos (6.2) = 13.7

Redskins (6.7) vs Eagles (6.6) 13.3

Vikings (6.9) at Chargers (6.3) = 13.2

Dolphins (3.5) at Giants (9.7) = 13.2

Rams (8.3) at Cowboys (4.0) = 12.3

Bills (6.3) at Steelers (5.9) = 12.2

Cardinals (4.7) vs Browns (7.3) = 12.0

Cowboys (5.4) vs Rams (6.4) = 11.8

Raiders (5.2) vs Jaguars (6.6) = 11.8

Jets (7.5) at Ravens (4.2) = 11.7

Texans (5.1) at Titans (6.6) = 11.7

Jaguars (5.9) at Raiders (5.5) = 11.4

Packers (5.5) vs Bears (5.4) 10.9

Falcons (4.6) at 49ers (6.2) = 10.8

Bears (5.9) at Packers (3.9) = 9.8

Bengals (4.2) vs Patriots (5.6) = 9.8

Colts (6.2) at Saints (3.5) = 9.7

Broncos (5.4) at Chiefs (4.1) = 9.5

Chargers (4.5) vs Vikings (4.2) = 8.7

Last edited by a moderator:
Had been holding the PHI D for next week's matchup @WASH. After last night, not so sure. That secondary is brutal. Plus, it's a division game in WASH and I could see that team fighting. PHI offense probably not going to do their defense any favors either minus any WR talent. (Glad I have Ertz...cool story).

Also holding KC D vs DEN. Lock has looked impressive, but my gut is telling me that KC at home with a lot on the line could mean a tough spot for the rookie.

And have SEA @CAR. SEA looked terrible against the Rams. That said, CAR may be mailing it in now with Rivera gone.

Three decent options. Probably wont decide until 12:55 Sunday. 

Had been holding the PHI D for next week's matchup @WASH. After last night, not so sure. That secondary is brutal. Plus, it's a division game in WASH and I could see that team fighting.
Earlier in the season Washington could be expected not to put up a fight. Then they fired Gruden, put Callahan in as interim HC, have cut down on their stupid penalties, changed who's getting how much playing time, and generally played more disciplined and inspired football. They're not any good yet, but the team now is led on the field by younger players and castoffs who just don't quit. So yeah, they'll fight. And not roll over like they used to do under Gruden.

Niners are banged up but coming home after 2 tough road games. Falcons traveling West with a sieve o line. Offense should dominate time of possession. 

Eagles D can’t be trusted but going against Haskins, who a buck fifty is a big game. Tough call in my semi 

Earlier in the season Washington could be expected not to put up a fight. Then they fired Gruden, put Callahan in as interim HC, have cut down on their stupid penalties, changed who's getting how much playing time, and generally played more disciplined and inspired football. They're not any good yet, but the team now is led on the field by younger players and castoffs who just don't quit. So yeah, they'll fight. And not roll over like they used to do under Gruden.
Yeah agree.

I could see Haskins hooking up with McLaurin here among other things. And the PHI offense is so clunky I don't see them dominating time of possession.

Turning my attention to SEA (@CAR) or KC (vs DEN). Both have flies I'm not comfortable with.

This seems right, but they still have been a safe offense to play against recently. No big games, but steady 7-8 ppg. They give up sacks and don’t have enough good players to score much.

FWIW, I had to decide between Philly, BUF, SEA, and KC for my DST this week and am rolling with KC. 

• PHI - sure they stiffened up in the 2nd half, but there's no way I can trust them
  • BUF - have been a fairly solid D, but will be @ PIT and Juju & Conner look to be back
  • SEA - probably my toughest call, but it's tough to bet against CMC and SEA's offense hasn't exactly looked great lately; meaning their defense has the potential to be on the field a lot

At least this is my $0.02

FWIW, I had to decide between Philly, BUF, SEA, and KC for my DST this week and am rolling with KC. 

• PHI - sure they stiffened up in the 2nd half, but there's no way I can trust them
  • BUF - have been a fairly solid D, but will be @ PIT and Juju & Conner look to be back
  • SEA - probably my toughest call, but it's tough to bet against CMC and SEA's offense hasn't exactly looked great lately; meaning their defense has the potential to be on the field a lot

KC would probably be my last choice of those 4. Lock looks pretty good and teams can typically run on KC. Meanwhile KC's offense is not the juggernaut they have been in the past to force opponents to pass.

I'd rank them: SEA (Allen is a disaster), BUF (great def vs Duck Hodges), PHI (Was is atrocious), KC

4th&inches said:

BUF is the best NFL D on the list. Not sure they really score that well in fantasy, but they are the best D on that list. For fantasy, I like KC the rest of the way. Lock, Mitch, Rivers.

For this week, SEA vs. Car is tempting but I think the Chiefs are the better D right now and I like them at home vs. a rookie. Lock looked good, but he had a couple of passes that could've easily been taken the other way. Chris Jones is playing lights out. Hopefully Frank Clark plays. I've really like what I've seen from KC D lately. Feels like it's coming together for them. KC favored by 9.5 in a huge game at Arrowhead this weekend. Sets up well IMO.

BUF is the best NFL D on the list. Not sure they really score that well in fantasy, but they are the best D on that list. For fantasy, I like KC the rest of the way. Lock, Mitch, Rivers.

For this week, SEA vs. Car is tempting but I think the Chiefs are the better D right now and I like them at home vs. a rookie. Lock looked good, but he had a couple of passes that could've easily been taken the other way. Chris Jones is playing lights out. Hopefully Frank Clark plays. I've really like what I've seen from KC D lately. Feels like it's coming together for them. KC favored by 9.5 in a huge game at Arrowhead this weekend. Sets up well IMO.
Leaning KC as well. 

SEA D didn't impress me against LAR. SEA also has to travel all the way east and it's not like CAR doesn't have playmakers in CMC, DJ Moore, C. Samuel, and Olsen (who is practicing). 

KC is also strong on the perimeter so they should be ok against Sutton. It's in the middle they're vulnerable but N. Fant is currently a little banged up. Unless Lock is the next great thing, I have a feeling he runs into trouble this week vs. a KC team that looks like it could be peaking (and getting healthier) at the right time.

4th&inches said:

I went with Philly (picked them up before Giants game) over KC. The movable object meets the resistible force. I just hope they get enough in turnovers/sacks to be worth it vs Was. 

I've got BALT and PITT.  Each faces the NYJ in the next two weeks.  Assuming I make it to the championship, am I in a good spot right now?   I think/hope.

I thought I had it all figured out with Philly, but they were so abysmal this week that I'm having second thoughts. I also have Buffalo, and I grabbed KC off the WW.

I feel like KC is finally gaining some momentum. And Drew Lock is going to regress now that other teams have game film of him.

I thought I had it all figured out with Philly, but they were so abysmal this week that I'm having second thoughts. I also have Buffalo, and I grabbed KC off the WW.

I feel like KC is finally gaining some momentum. And Drew Lock is going to regress now that other teams have game film of him.
Same boat.  Have Phi and KC leaning Phi cause Haskins is terrible.

Deciding between Bills, Bucs, Eagles. This is one of the tougher weeks I can remember streaming D's. Did not miss this aspect of redraft after years only playing dynasty (with no D/ST or K). 

I’m seeing packers ranked high here and elsewhere.  They’ve put up single digits every week since week 3.  What gives?  Do people think Chicago is THAT bad?

I’m seeing packers ranked high here and elsewhere.  They’ve put up single digits every week since week 3.  What gives?  Do people think Chicago is THAT bad?
I don't rank Packers high this week.   I'm starting them because they are the best that I have available.   

Yes it is. Feeling like I have to play the Eagles now. Who’s still starting the Niner D?
I have them in right now but thinking about TB.  I will sleep on it and sort it out in the morning.  I am worried about Julio against the backups, but I do think SF can pressure Ryan and his mediocre line.

I'm all in on the Tampa Bay defense. I was on the Bills and I can see them stopping the Steelers from scoring much but not generating sacks and turnovers. I think Tampa's defensive front will wreak havoc on the Lions offense and a third string QB wont help matters.

2-4 inches of snow expected in KC today. Upgrade for Chiefs defense? 

Denver will obviously try to pound the run and limit Lock’s throws, so it’s up to KC to make them force the issue with passing by putting points on the board. Weather conditions might make it low scoring all around, so maybe not. Then again, rookie QB making his third start in Arrowhead is hard enough. Adding in a snowstorm only ratchets up the degree of difficulty, so it should favor KC D.

I'm all in on the Tampa Bay defense. I was on the Bills and I can see them stopping the Steelers from scoring much but not generating sacks and turnovers. I think Tampa's defensive front will wreak havoc on the Lions offense and a third string QB wont help matters.
Interesting.  A buddy of mine brought the same thing up last night.  I’m intrigued; I also don’t have any good options.

Same exact situation, same exact thought process for me. Let's hope we're right. 

Denver will obviously try to pound the run and limit Lock’s throws, so it’s up to KC to make them force the issue with passing by putting points on the board. Weather conditions might make it low scoring all around, so maybe not. Then again, rookie QB making his third start in Arrowhead is hard enough. Adding in a snowstorm only ratchets up the degree of difficulty, so it should favor KC D.
I would think so. They got 9 sacks in the first matchup too. With more DEN linemen out, could be a tough day for Lock.

It's either KC or SEA for me. Flip flopping.

I'm leaning toward starting Tampa Bay over the 49ers, but I won't decide for sure until tomorrow.
Super tough choice but I decided to go with SF.

Hopes are SF gets a sizable lead and forces Atl into lots of passing.

Even with the injuries, it's hard to overlook the season long track record of SF Def.

TB ended up being the right choice of the three I was choosing between, unless the Bills go off. Thanks to those who went back and forth on it

Users who are viewing this thread