What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (9 Viewers)

I have the Colts right now, but looking at KC or AZ for this week.  A little disappointed with IND DEF last week vs JAX.  Either JAX is better than advertised, or IND just can't pull it together?

I have the Colts right now, but looking at KC or AZ for this week.  A little disappointed with IND DEF last week vs JAX.  Either JAX is better than advertised, or IND just can't pull it together?
I added Indy for this whole opening stretch. I intend to play the matchup game at DEF this season, but it'll take more than one uninspiring performance for me to accelerate that process.

I like the AZ defense this week. They did a good job against the 49ers and Haskins is horrible.

I've got the Eagles DST against the Footballs but did the same thing last year and they did not impress.  Now kind of wondering if I should pivot to Washington.  RB Miles Sanders and OT Lane Johnson are both out, Jason Peters is back at LT because there is nobody else, and the Footballs drafted Chase Young to go along with all their other high draftees.  Eagles DST is probably safer but Washington DST could surprise (this week only due to injuries on opposing offense).
I didn't pull the trigger and I lost my week by 1.2.  Footballs scored 15 in my league and Eagles 3.  Ouch.

Anyone got the cajones to start the Browns.

Burrow is a rookie. Short week. Thursday games after opening week occasionally tend to be ugly and low scoring. 

Might be a sneaky start if some of these other streaming defenses get taken.

Browns got tore up by the Ravens, but who wouldn’t?

I like the Rams if they are available due to Philly oline being so banged up.  Washington got 8 sacks last week and they don't have A. Donald... that pressure on Wentz eventually lead to 3 turnovers.

I think the Jags are more dangerous on offense than anyone is giving them credit for. I’d be looking at the Cardinals or a Bucs this week, I think. 

Feel like TB is flying under the radar. Good matchup this week and the upcoming schedule looks sweet -- @DEN, LAC, @CHI.

Thinking of grabbing and pairing with my BUFF who run into a tougher stretch after the Miami cupcake.

I think Tampa is a great add if available. They were poached in my leagues, so Cardinals it is for this week. Haskins looked horrific to my eyes, and I have zero fears of the WFT running game. 

I drafted New England and was happy to pickup Tampa Bay this week.  Holding both until more results become available.

Probably gonna add the Cardinals later this week once Thomas is declared officially out and I can move him to an IR spot. Dropped the Bears - despite the favorable NYG matchup - to pickup Edmonds for free after Waivers ran.

Tampa Bay and Green Bay are also out there. I like the Bucs D this year, they kept the Saints in check, and everyone should be starting as many Packers as you can this weekend. Lions are gonna get blown off the field.

Looks like I'm playing the streaming D game again. Thought NO, then TB and Brady scared me away. Went to IND before week 1 thinking they had a decent schedule. Now grabbed TEN, which looks to have a great match up this week. STREAMING D/ST - a thread I have been following for a long time LOL. 

EDIT: PIT in the other league seems like a hold

Last edited by a moderator:
VikingFrog said:
Who are you not gonna start this week?

I’ll plug them in. 
There's actually 31 teams I'm not starting, but I am starting the Chiefs at the moment.  Also thinking about the Buccs, Rams and Cardinals.

JFS171 said:
I think the Jags are more dangerous on offense than anyone is giving them credit for. I’d be looking at the Cardinals or a Bucs this week, I think. 
I agree.  It's their defense that is likely to be their undoing this year.  So I'd target offensive players going against the Jags, but not defenses.

Raising Arizona and Tampa Bay in differing leagues over here.
Starting to wonder how legit Tampa is. Got sniped on them in a few leagues, so went with Arizona. 

I’ll be watching Washington closely this week too. Kyler Murray is very hard to get sacked, but that front seven for WFT looks nasty. We’ll see if they’re legit or if the Eagles are really that bad. 

Starting to wonder how legit Tampa is. Got sniped on them in a few leagues, so went with Arizona. 

I’ll be watching Washington closely this week too. Kyler Murray is very hard to get sacked, but that front seven for WFT looks nasty. We’ll see if they’re legit or if the Eagles are really that bad. 
Tampa was legit at the end of last year. How much of their trouble was facing NO and how much of it was a slow start to the year will be determined. Can't sleep too long with them, though. I will say this: Carolina with Bridgewater doesn't look to take shots and turn the ball over that often. Their problem is on defense.

Anyway, I think you're right, generally speaking. You've also pointed out something I've noticed that's been readily apparent. I am keeping an eye on Washington. The front seven looks legit with Young, Sweat, and Kerrigan sliding up to DE in the 4-3. Those are some feisty ends.

VikingFrog said:
Anyone got the cajones to start the Browns.

Burrow is a rookie. Short week. Thursday games after opening week occasionally tend to be ugly and low scoring. 

Might be a sneaky start if some of these other streaming defenses get taken.

Browns got tore up by the Ravens, but who wouldn’t?
I get the thought process, but the back 7 is a mess.

Tampa was legit at the end of last year. How much of their trouble was facing NO and how much of it was a slow start to the year will be determined. Can't sleep too long with them, though. I will say this: Carolina with Bridgewater doesn't look to take shots and turn the ball over that often. Their problem is on defense.

Anyway, I think you're right, generally speaking. You've also pointed out something I've noticed that's been readily apparent. I am keeping an eye on Washington. The front seven looks legit with Young, Sweat, and Kerrigan sliding up to DE in the 4-3. Those are some feisty ends.
Their front is so lethal Kerrigan is just a short side of the rotation player. 

How are their LBs and 2ndary? I haven't focused on the Deadskins in years, other than a brief romance with Scary Terry last year.

Of Washington/Saints/Bucs, which is most likely to have a 2017 Jaguars,  2018 Bears or 2019 49ers/Steelers type breakout and dominance--not just a streamer

Wondering if in dynasty better to grab one of those as a possible trade chip or take a deep shot on a RB/WR instead

How are their LBs and 2ndary? I haven't focused on the Deadskins in years, other than a brief romance with Scary Terry last year.
There are holes in the secondary but there is also Landon Collins and Kendall Fuller. Nothing head turning about the LB's, but there aren't any land mines either - they're functional. With such a top notch front a good DC can scheme around those deficiencies. Just have to be playing from ahead, which is why I think the offense will be the weekly question and not the back 7.

I get the thought process, but the back 7 is a mess.
I'm considering it as the DLine is good enough to make Burrow panic and run a little.  CIN OL is a mess.  Plus injuries on the CIN Dline should bode well for Chubb to run all over.  So maybe CLE can get into a nice lead forcing Joe to stand in the pocket to throw.  

I'm not expecting a lot, but I think they'll be a decent start.  Better than most other teams on the WW.

I'm considering it as the DLine is good enough to make Burrow panic and run a little.  CIN OL is a mess.  Plus injuries on the CIN Dline should bode well for Chubb to run all over.  So maybe CLE can get into a nice lead forcing Joe to stand in the pocket to throw.  

I'm not expecting a lot, but I think they'll be a decent start.  Better than most other teams on the WW.
Set the Benny Hill music to Bobby Hart v Myles Garrett.

Their front is so lethal Kerrigan is just a short side of the rotation player. 

Yeah, he only got like 22 snaps or something like that.
Yeah it’s kinda nuts, but this is exactly what Rivera did in Carolina. They stumbled upon Norman and Bradberry to some extent, though the latter was a small school second rounder. Rivera’s system has always focused on pressure with zone schemes to mask secondary deficiencies. 

Not as good as the front line, but that’s where the zone concepts try to confuse the other team. 

Really intrigued by the Washington Team of Football DST. I believe in Rivera to build a good defense.
This. 

There are holes in the secondary but there is also Landon Collins and Kendall Fuller. Nothing head turning about the LB's, but there aren't any land mines either - they're functional. With such a top notch front a good DC can scheme around those deficiencies. Just have to be playing from ahead, which is why I think the offense will be the weekly question and not the back 7.
Fuller didn’t play Sunday, so presumably one of their starting corners will be returning soon, hopefully for Sunday. 

Really intrigued by the Washington Team of Football DST. I believe in Rivera to build a good defense.
Their front is great. But don't forget they just played a 40 year old LT and a rg and rt that had never played a snap of nfl football.  This was actually the first nfl game driscoll had ever seen in person.  And he got hurt and had to leave and another rt came in who also has zero nfl experience. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Their front is great. But don't forget they just played a 40 year old LT and a rg and rt that had never played a snap of nfl football.  This was actually the first nfl game driscoll had ever seen in person.  And he got hurt and had to leave and another rt came in who also has zero nfl experience. 
What does the Philly oline look like this week?  Rams seem like a good play to me.

I drafted the Bears thinking they would be a solid if not spectacular start, and get some points when matchups were tough with Top 5 scoring when matchups were favorable.

I didn't think this unit was an unstoppable force this year, but I am thinking that they might just be droppable if I can look to snag and hold a duo of TB/WFT/LAC, maybe even ARI.

Users who are viewing this thread