What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper, Keenan Allen or Devante Adams? (1 Viewer)

Is there any cost associated (loss of round, cap hit, etc)?  Is it std or ppr?

I am worried about Adams concussion history from last year.  That would make me lean towards Allen?  Especially in a ppr.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Gally said:
Is there any cost associated (loss of round, cap hit, etc)?  Is it std or ppr?

I am worried about Adams concussion history from last year.  That would make me lean towards Alpep?  Especially in a ppt.  
I'd be just as worried about Allen's injury history-if not more so. He also had a history of injuries in college. I fear that last years healthy year was an outlier. Allen is still ranked higher but I'd still probably lean towards Adams at this point all things being equal.

I'd be just as worried about Allen's injury history-if not more so. He also had a history of injuries in college. I fear that last years healthy year was an outlier. Allen is still ranked higher but I'd still probably lean towards Adams at this point all things being equal.
Allen's injuries are not repetitive injuries.  He had a lacerated kidney, a torn ACL.......kind of unique and not necessarily indicative of future issue.  I am much more worried about Adams getting a concussion than Allen suffering another lacerated kidney. 

Allen's injuries are not repetitive injuries.  He had a lacerated kidney, a torn ACL.......kind of unique and not necessarily indicative of future issue.  I am much more worried about Adams getting a concussion than Allen suffering another lacerated kidney. 
It's close but go further back and look at each players history which include pre-nfl:

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/keenan-allen/6678

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/davante-adams/6973

Adams has missed 4 games in 3 years due to injuries, Allen missed a ton of games (too many to waste time figuring out). for multiple reasons and has had multiple surgeries. All players carry risk, Allen just seems to have more risk IMHO.

It's close but go further back and look at each players history which include pre-nfl:

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/keenan-allen/6678

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/davante-adams/6973

Adams has missed 4 games in 3 years due to injuries, Allen missed a ton of games (too many to waste time figuring out). for multiple reasons and has had multiple surgeries. All players carry risk, Allen just seems to have more risk IMHO.
Understand your point.  I just don't agree with it.  If you look at the types of injuries that Allen has had they are fluky in nature (broken collarbone, lacerated kidney, torn ACL)  He doesn't have soft tissue injuries that seem to be recurring like a hamstring or groin issue.  I don't consider his as a higher injury risk than any other football player because of these types of injuries.  I understand some will disagree with that but that is how I look at it.  It is why I took him last year when others stayed away because of "injury risk".  Its where you can find good value.

Adams hasn't had a long injury history however getting two concussions in the span of 3 months last year is what I am concerned with.  To me that is much more concerning and is a bigger injury risk moving forward.  Without the concussions I would agree that Adams is a relatively healthy player and no real injury issue.  The concussions put him over the top for me.  In addition, since he has had two in the recent past if he does take a hit to the head they will likely be more cautious with his return which could lead to more games off and questionable tags that are frustrating to deal with as a fantasy owner. 

So the difference is I believe concussions to have more long term/recurring possibilities than the fluke type of injuries that Allen has sustained over his career.  That is why I think Adams is much more of an injury risk. 

Keenan much safer and already has some big years under his belt. With Adams, it still feels like I have to project and he is going on his 5th season. 

Below are excerpts from the Reception Perception. I favor Allen by a lot, but to each his own. 

Allen gets open at a rate matched only by two consensus stars: Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham. Allen posted a 77.6 percent success rate vs. man coverage, which was nearly identical to his 77.1 percent score from back in 2015. He returned to form after injury. Both data points cleared the 97th percentile among all NFL receivers sampled in Reception Perception history. He scored at or above the average for every single route on the tree.

In the first two years of his career, Adams struggled mightily to separate from NFL defenders, posting success rate vs. man coverage scores below the 10th percentile. He’s steadily improved in this regard with a 58.2 percent score in 2016 and jumping up to 69.2 percent this past year. Adams continued to maintain similar scores against press coverage with a 67.9 percent success rate, despite seeing No. 1 corners and jams at the line more often in 2017. While he is not a truly dominant separator across the entire route like top-tier No. 1 wideouts like Julio Jones, A.J. Green or even a Michael Thomas, Adams produces downright stellar scores on a handful of routes he’s frequently assigned. He’s one of the best slant route runners in the NFL, executing this pattern on 25.6 percent of his sampled 2017 routes while producing an 87.7 percent success rate.

Users who are viewing this thread