What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread***aka AHRN'S MURDER HOBO ADVENTURE: HUNTS ELK AND PLAYS POKER (2 Viewers)

So apparently Honor is capped at about 75%, until some point later in the game (chapter 5?).

I've wasted a lot of time trying to max it out, then. :(

I won’t be able to play for the next 5 days as we have family coming in including hordes of children whose best interests probably aren’t served by watching me light klansmen on fire and throw innocent civilians down a furiously moving river. 

I took Arthur back to camp and fed him a big meal and put him down for a 16-hour nap, like I’m some ####ing caretaker who is going home for the night. 

My wife thinks I need to be checked into a psychiatric institution. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I won’t be able to play for the next 5 days as we have family coming in including hordes of children whose best interests probably aren’t served by watching me light klansmen on fire and throw innocent civilians down a furiously moving river. 

I took Arthur back to camp and fed him a big meal and put him down for a 16-hour nap, like I’m some ####ing caretaker who is going home for the night. 

HTH: https://offspring.lifehacker.com/play-red-dead-redemption-2-in-dad-mode-1830232881

I was just telling my wife this morning I REALLY enjoy riding around on my horse and just stomping out all the turkeys I see.   8 dead turkeys, no weapons used other than Turbo-Gluey's HOOVES OF THUNDER.    

I give her 4 or 5 reasons a week to reflect on "was this guy really my best option?"

Also , question (and Spoilers!  stay out if you're not this far) for the transition of the end of chapter 3 into chapter 4.

As you and the posse go to the Braithwaite Plantation after they steal the boy from your camp -- that erupts into the giant fight.   Once you kill everyone there except for the old lady ....  I had an icon for a "super gun" (legendary weapon? whatever they call the really nice ####.  I think I've only found two prior in the game to this point) that was up on the front outside balcony among the dead bodies.  I could visually see it -- some kind of long rifle -- and it was glowing when I used eagle eye, and the icon was on my radar -- but it wouldn't let me interact with it / pick it up.   Am I missing something or was this just a bug?   I should probably reload from save / replay  -- I'm guessing that gun is something I want.  

Side note, I was mad I couldn't throw that last remaining old Braithwaite hillbilly ##### into a burning room.   

Also , question (and Spoilers!  stay out if you're not this far) for the transition of the end of chapter 3 into chapter 4.

As you and the posse go to the Braithwaite Plantation after they steal the boy from your camp -- that erupts into the giant fight.   Once you kill everyone there except for the old lady ....  I had an icon for a "super gun" (legendary weapon? whatever they call the really nice ####.  I think I've only found two prior in the game to this point) that was up on the front outside balcony among the dead bodies.  I could visually see it -- some kind of long rifle -- and it was glowing when I used eagle eye, and the icon was on my radar -- but it wouldn't let me interact with it / pick it up.   Am I missing something or was this just a bug?   I should probably reload from save / replay  -- I'm guessing that gun is something I want.  

Side note, I was mad I couldn't throw that last remaining old Braithwaite hillbilly ##### into a burning room.   
I think it's a "rare" version of that sniper rifle with the long scope.  I don't see much difference in the gunplay so I don't think it's a big deal if you missed it.

I think it's a "rare" version of that sniper rifle with the long scope.  I don't see much difference in the gunplay so I don't think it's a big deal if you missed it.
Thanks.  

If it's the same relationship between the other rifle that I found, and later the corresponding "rare" version for, it seemed like it was nearly the same in function, just a 10 or 20% extra damage / and associated gun stats. 

You don’t get any kind of in-game reward for being neighborly, but it’s hilarious to watch a grizzled cowpoke rush around the streets like a caffeinated toddler doffing his cap and screaming “Howdy, ma’am!” and “Good morning!’” to every passerby

Actually this is probably the quickest way to raise Honor. Every three people greeted is a bump up.

Tried the 660 feet shot on the Odriscoll hideout but they disappear at 643. I guess maybe that was just due to it being a hideout that maybe has a trigger point in the middle or something. Will try again on some poor random fool I guess.

Actually this is probably the quickest way to raise Honor. Every three people greeted is a bump up.
Its even more entertaining if you try to greet everyone while you're sprinting or hauling ### on a horse.  He yells the greeting and just comes off like a total tweaker.

If you do a challenge during a mission (say, kill 3 guys in 10 sec with the throwing knives) and then have to restart from a checkpoint, you lose the completion of that challenge.  I tomahawked two birds of prey (if they count ravens and vultures) before I figured that out.

My bounties are getting pretty annoying when it comes to hunting. Makes it very very hard to hunt the legionaries, and makes going after perfect pelts a risky proposition when you are constantly getting attacked.

I wish I would have done more hunting BEFORE my bounty was so high. 

I suppose I could just pay it / do the time. But, that doesn't seem very fun.

Perhaps I will go back and hunt once I finish the main game.  

I was so pissed when

Sean died.  He was my favorite character in the game!

Ran into some crazy naked guy in the woods and started following him.  He ran back to a wolf den.  Looks like he was raised by wolves.  I book it but the wolves catch up to me and spook my horse and I get bucked off.  Sadly I was forced to smoke them.   Went back to the guy and he was crying on the floor.  Before I decide if I'm going to put him out of his misery or not (yes, I am), I decide to search around and I find his journal.  He wasn't raised by wolves after all.   I didn't read the whole journal, but he was a regular guy once.  So I put it down and now his body is gone.  I look around for a second and then he comes after me all naked with a knife!  I started share playing with a friend so he could laugh at this too as I run away from the naked guy with a knife, but he despawned shortly after leaving the cave :(

Ran into some crazy naked guy in the woods and started following him.  He ran back to a wolf den.  Looks like he was raised by wolves.  I book it but the wolves catch up to me and spook my horse and I get bucked off.  Sadly I was forced to smoke them.   Went back to the guy and he was crying on the floor.  Before I decide if I'm going to put him out of his misery or not (yes, I am), I decide to search around and I find his journal.  He wasn't raised by wolves after all.   I didn't read the whole journal, but he was a regular guy once.  So I put it down and now his body is gone.  I look around for a second and then he comes after me all naked with a knife!  I started share playing with a friend so he could laugh at this too as I run away from the naked guy with a knife, but he despawned shortly after leaving the cave :(
That was the source of my earlier "I saw too much feral man penis today" comment.

That was the source of my earlier "I saw too much feral man penis today" comment.
Yea, that thing was flopping all around.  Was hoping to run all across the countryside with him on my heels but he disappeared pretty fast once we left the cave.  Probably the best encounter yet.

Cool encounter: Cougar in the Cave

I jumped like I stuck my tongue in a light socket, even though I knew it was coming.
That ####er was a pain in the ###. 

Snuck a few minutes in today (wife > hi!) and got the tip to go rob the house south of Rhodes. Walked in and smoked the gambling dad and then mercy killed the kid who was crying about why I ruined his life. Felt bad for him. 

Only got 50 bucks out of it. 

Seems the game didn't like me progressing so quick and sprang an impossible to defend ambush on me taking out my horse (RIP Crusher -  named because he squished vermin with such passion).  Complete pain to get a new horse I liked.  I've made it to chapter 4 in less than a week, pretty sure this has caused mild brain damage.  Lots of favorites in the game, but I think blasting anyone holding a treasure map and then hunting down the treasure for a while is my favorite of the side missions.,

I still own the original horse I started with. Refuse to get another horse. We need each other. The few times he's died I've quickly shut the game off. 

My bounties are getting pretty annoying when it comes to hunting. Makes it very very hard to hunt the legionaries, and makes going after perfect pelts a risky proposition when you are constantly getting attacked.

I wish I would have done more hunting BEFORE my bounty was so high. 

I suppose I could just pay it / do the time. But, that doesn't seem very fun.

Perhaps I will go back and hunt once I finish the main game.  
I finally just paid them all off

I still own the original horse I started with. Refuse to get another horse. We need each other. The few times he's died I've quickly shut the game off. 
I must be doing something wrong.  Trey, my 3rd horse, cost me over a grand.  Numero Dos is tucked in a stable as she sucked.  My naming convention is numbers.  I tried to call horse 2 The Duece but it failed the profanity check.  :confused:

My horse hasn't died .... yet
Only time I've lost my pre-order horse Flint, I boarded a train for the shoot five birds from a moving train challenge.  Flint decided on her own to follow me.  Running alongside the train... following right into a narrow tunnel.

The result was sausage.  :X   I reloaded my previous save.  

Been a fun day in RDR2 land. 

Got the final satchel.  Panthers suck. Cougar is so much easier. Wolves hanging around the legendary wolf area are also easy. 

Stumbled into a *** moose today, and finished the bear skinning challenge. 

I should play a mission some time. 

Took me hours to find a 3* buck and bison yesterday. I was so determined and locked in. It may have been because I was high while playing. Normally I would've given up and played a mission.

How do they rank animals? Size? Pelt quality?
Yes.  1 star animals end up with Poor pelts and carcasses, 2 star end up as Good, and 3 star (also called Pristine in the animal info) end up as Perfect pelts.   Legendary creatures aren't affected by quality, pelts are the same whether you use a shotgun or a headshot.   There's a talisman thing you can make from one of the legendary animals that helps pelt quality.

So, from the Chapter 3 campsite, there's a trail that runs north before dead ending.  Between the last little bend it makes, and the water, is a big bee hive hanging from a tree.  If anyone passes by that way, could you see if you can do anything with it?

I tried shooting it down, not sure if I hit the stem or not, but nothing happened.  Tried shooting it at distance with a rifle, no effect I could see.  Threw a molotov at it and it disintegrated. 

Hoping it respawns so can go machete it.

Not sure what you mean. Each animal is 1 to 3 stars which determines poor, good, or perfect pelts. It's completely random. 
The animals look different to match their stars, too.  Boars it is really noticeable on.  The 3-star are always a glossy black.  The 1-star are so spotted they look like they have mange.

Had anyone seen a bug with hair tonic? I bought three of them, but they don't show up in my satchel under the tonics menu..  When I try to buy more it says I can't carry anymore, but I can't see any evidence that I'm carrying any, other than the fact that I know I bought three and never drank and bof them. 

Am I missing something obvious?

ShamrockPride said:
How do they rank animals? Size? Pelt quality?
Before you shoot an animal , pull left trigger and "study" it. You may need to use binoculars if it's far enough away to get the study option.  Then "show info".. you'll see a star ranking here to determine if it's even worth your time to kill and skin.

Before you shoot an animal , pull left trigger and "study" it. You may need to use binoculars if it's far enough away to get the study option.  Then "show info".. you'll see a star ranking here to determine if it's even worth your time to kill and skin.
You also don't have to go as far as "show info" to see it.  If you are at the point that show info is an option, the screen already shows a little icon next to the species name for whether this one is 1, 2 or 3 stars.  Same thing if you just look at its tracks from close enough away.   I never pull up the show info unless I am checking what weapon to use.

It is worth studying every species once though, so afterwards you immediately recognize the species from the tracks (and can see it's star rating too).

You may want to head back and check in on her now.

I'm only 50% done and in chapter 5?

I feel like I've been doing nothing but main missions and still that's it....lol

I'm only 50% done and in chapter 5?

I feel like I've been doing nothing but main missions and still that's it....lol
If you doing nothing but main missions that sounds right. I'm at like 42, 43%, but I just entered chapter 4. I do side stuff tho.

If you doing nothing but main missions that sounds right. I'm at like 42, 43%, but I just entered chapter 4. I do side stuff tho.
Oh I was doing side stuff too. But recently decided to plow ahead. I have about 45 hours in and that is a lot for me. I mean that's almost a years worth. No schtick

I feel like I just watched a Kurt Sutter intro.....

Stand unshaken....

Had anyone seen a bug with hair tonic? I bought three of them, but they don't show up in my satchel under the tonics menu..  When I try to buy more it says I can't carry anymore, but I can't see any evidence that I'm carrying any, other than the fact that I know I bought three and never drank any of them. 

Am I missing something obvious?
Following up on this.  There's something really fundamental I'm missing about inventory, or else this is just pretty buggy.  I feel like I am carrying a bunch of stuff that I can't find.  In addition to the above re hair tonic, I'm now seeing the same thing everytime I figured a "canned vegetable".  

"You can't carry any more of this item.". I'm not carrying any of this item!

Is there a cap on the total different number of items you can carry at once?  This is driving me a little bit crazy. 

If the game gave me the path I want, I'd have deposed Dutch as leader midway through Chapter 2 and left him in a pinewood box.

Since I can't, I signal my contempt for him by eating Pearson's stew in Dutch's tent each time, and discarding the empty tin on his bed.
Yea I’m not really sure why these morons are still following him around after all these years. 

Following up on this.  There's something really fundamental I'm missing about inventory, it else this is just pretty buggy.  I feel like I am carrying a bunch of stuff that I can't find.  In addition to the above re hair tonic, I'm now seeing the same thing everytime I figured a "canned vegetable".  

Is there a cap on the total different number of items you can carry at once?  This is driving me a little bit crazy. 
You look in horse items?

Following up on this.  There's something really fundamental I'm missing about inventory, or else this is just pretty buggy.  I feel like I am carrying a bunch of stuff that I can't find.  In addition to the above re hair tonic, I'm now seeing the same thing everytime I figured a "canned vegetable".  

It's not in your sachel, it's on the second page of your weapon wheel.  

Users who are viewing this thread