What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on a flight all game (flight took off at tipoff) landed with 4 minutes left and watched the game on my phone as we have been waiting for our gate for 30 minutes. One hell of a finish.

Jokic was +17 and the team was -13 in the 9 minutes he didn't play. You can call me a homer, but he is playing as well as anybody in the league right now. Other than Durant and Leonard, it probably isn't a conversation.
No doubt.  Really impressed with his vision and stamina for a big man.  Wasn't someone in here hating on him recently?  Don't understand that.  

:”The Black Masters”.....uhhhhh...?
Won last near by Ernie Johnson.  Barkley's golf swing is still unbelievable.  That hitch is crazy.

No doubt.  Really impressed with his vision and stamina for a big man.
Jokic keeps that Nuggets offense from getting stagnant.  He leads teammates to the spots they should be moving to on the court more often than not.  The number of touches he has per game is staggering (around 120 when the next top players are below 90).

So, I was out of town all weekend and just catching up in here.

Bucks/Celtics - Wow, the Celtics are sucking it up.  Tatum has taken about 3 steps back and the team lacks an identity on offense (unless taking lots of long, contested fadeway 2's is an identity).  How the hell this team couldn't even show up after dominating game 1 is mind bottling.  I know Stevens likes to take the long game approach, but this is pretty much the last minute.  They have to win tonight.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Smart out there, which is a much needed jolt.  If that can't get them enough energy to play a good game, they should just head out for vacation and go back to the drawing board for next season.  I'm still so confused they didn't build off of game one at all.  Giannis is a beast, but we all knew that already.  Prediction right now is Bucks in 6...what a difference a week makes.

Warriors/Rockets - I laughed so hard at Curry's missed dunk, I was crying.  Would have been shocked to see a sweep of Houston and am looking forward to a game 4.  This series is more soap opera than basketball, but must see TV nonetheless.  If the Rockets can get game 4, that will be great, but I expect Golden State to win it in 6.  Houston just doesn't look strong enough right now.  Capela is the key player, IMO.  If he is effective, they have a chance.  If not, they don't.  Prediction is Golden State in 6.

Blazers/Nuggets - Jokic is a stud, no matter what anyone says.  He isn't a good defender, but he is what Arvydas Sabonis would have been if he could have played in the NBA.  Just a magician of ball skills and body positioning.  He is quite unstoppable, but in a completely different way than anyone else.  Honestly I've seen less of this series than any other, so don't have much more to say.  Completely missed the 4 OT game, but watched much of the game yesterday.  For some strange reason, I love CJ McCollum.  He seems to do things the right way and has made the most of his opportunity.  He isn't a superstar, but just a solid, good player.  This series has been fun and I hope whoever wins can make a showing in the WCF.  Getting swept (or even losing in 5) there would be such a disappointment after this fantastic battle.  Prediction is Denver in 7.

Sixers/Raptors - Feels like this series is tied based on smoke and mirrors.  Kawhi is the second best one man offense in basketball (behind Durant) and one of the best 5 defenders in the league, but Lowry hasn't been great and Siakim has been streaky/hurt.  Yet, here we are at 2-2.  Embiid should be unstoppable, but got sick I guess?  Just feels like we are waiting for Philly to put it together and finish them, but they are jerking around long enough to give Toronto a puncher's chance.  Prediction is Sixers in 6.

I'm apparently going full blow pessimistic because I'm picking against my heart in 3 of the 4 series.  Really hoping I'm wrong on some of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
trader jake said:
Barkley's golf swing is still unbelievable.  That hitch is crazy.
clearly he realizes he has a horrific golf swing. does he just live with it because he likes being out with his pals, drinking, smoking cigars and laughing? or does his drive to be good at things he does force him to keep going back out there to get it right?

clearly he realizes he has a horrific golf swing. does he just live with it because he likes being out with his pals, drinking, smoking cigars and laughing? or does his drive to be good at things he does force him to keep going back out there to get it right?
I don't think he has a drive to be good at things anymore.  See: Charles Barkley, weight.

Bucks/Celtics - Wow, the Celtics are sucking it up.  Tatum has taken about 3 steps back and the team lacks an identity on offense (unless taking lots of long, contested fadeway 2's is an identity).  How the hell this team couldn't even show up after dominating game 1 is mind bottling.  I know Stevens likes to take the long game approach, but this is pretty much the last minute.  They have to win tonight.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Smart out there, which is a much needed jolt.  If that can't get them enough energy to play a good game, they should just head out for vacation and go back to the drawing board for next season.  I'm still so confused they didn't build off of game one at all.  Giannis is a beast, but we all knew that already.  Prediction right now is Bucks in 6...what a difference a week makes.

Warriors/Rockets - I laughed so hard at Curry's missed dunk, I was crying.  Would have been shocked to see a sweep of Houston and am looking forward to a game 4.  This series is more soap opera than basketball, but must see TV nonetheless.  If the Rockets can get game 4, that will be great, but I expect Golden State to win it in 6.  Houston just doesn't look strong enough right now.  Capela is the key player, IMO.  If he is effective, they have a chance.  If not, they don't.  Prediction is Golden State in 6.

Blazers/Nuggets - Jokic is a stud, no matter what anyone says.  He isn't a good defender, but he is what Arvydas Sabonis would have been if he could have played in the NBA.  Just a magician of ball skills and body positioning.  He is quite unstoppable, but in a completely different way than anyone else.  Honestly I've seen less of this series than any other, so don't have much more to say.  Completely missed the 4 OT game, but watched much of the game yesterday.  For some strange reason, I love CJ McCollum.  He seems to do things the right way and has made the most of his opportunity.  He isn't a superstar, but just a solid, good player.  This series has been fun and I hope whoever wins can make a showing in the WCF.  Getting swept (or even losing in 5) there would be such a disappointment after this fantastic battle.  Prediction is Denver in 7.

Sixers/Raptors - Feels like this series is tied based on smoke and mirrors.  Kawhi is the second best one man offense in basketball (behind Durant) and one of the best 5 defenders in the league, but Lowry hasn't been great and Siakim has been streaky/hurt.  Yet, here we are at 2-2.  Embiid should be unstoppable, but got sick I guess?  Just feels like we are waiting for Philly to put it together and finish them, but they are jerking around long enough to give Toronto a puncher's chance.  Prediction is Sixers in 6.

I'm apparently going full blow pessimistic because I'm picking against my heart in 3 of the 4 series.  Really hoping I'm wrong on some of these.
Good take.   

Seems odd to pick Warriors and Bucks in 6 games.   I see both of those series either going to 5 games or 7 games.  Don't really see either one ending on the opponent's court.

Good take.   

Seems odd to pick Warriors and Bucks in 6 games.   I see both of those series either going to 5 games or 7 games.  Don't really see either one ending on the opponent's court.
Good point.  I will stand by Golden State as they can win in Houston.  But I think my heart just wants to see Boston win another game...Bucks in 5? Oof, who was that clown saying they were the best team in the East after game 1?

Good breakdown, agree with most.  Surprised by Sixers in 6 though.... going on the road to face Toronto will be tough.  Yesterday was winnable and with a healthy Embiid I think they would have won that game.  If you believe in Philly that strong, throw some money down, they're paying very well.  

I think Portland wins a 7th game... they're just too clutch, I don't care how good Denver is at home.  Warriors and Bucks both finish it out in 5.

Here's the updated Vegas odds as of today:

Celtics +400
Bucks -600

76ers +215
Raptors -260

Rockets +315
Warriors -430

Trail Blazers +120
Nuggets -140

Kev4029 said:
You can call me a homer, but he is playing as well as anybody in the league right now. Other than Durant and Leonard, it probably isn't a conversation.
:lmao: this schtick is quite amusing 

Looks like Jokic is averaging 24.5/12.5/9.3  in this years playoffs.

With 1.5 steals and almost a block a game.    

4 triple doubles in his 11 games, as a Center.   

Why is this hilarious?
Jokic has been probably the 3rd or 4th best player in these playoffs.  I think Durant and Kawhi are the only two clearly above him.  After that he is hovering around Giannis territory and above the likes of Harden, Embiid and Lillard.

Looks like Jokic is averaging 24.5/12.5/9.3  in this years playoffs.

With 1.5 steals and almost a block a game.    

4 triple doubles in his 11 games, as a Center.   

Why is this hilarious?
Wow, thank you for the stats.  Dominating average teams and especially a backup with one shoulder who wasn't good enough for the Knicks is AMAZING.  BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!

Wow, thank you for the stats.  Dominating average teams and especially a backup with one shoulder who wasn't good enough for the Knicks is AMAZING.  BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!
Hmm, this seems like a sore subject with you.    You are welcome for the stats,  you didn't provide much in your two earlier replies in the thread was just looking for your thoughts. Seems I got them.  Good day sir.

Hmm, this seems like a sore subject with you.    You are welcome for the stats,  you didn't provide much in your two earlier replies in the thread was just looking for your thoughts. Seems I got them.  Good day sir.
I said it was hilarious, not a sore subject for me.  Everyone knows his offensive stats.  He's not an elite two way player and has benefited from being defended by some scrubs.  Portland's defense on him has been especially pathetic.  Let's see what he does against a top tier team on both sides of the court (if they even get that far 🙄) He's a good player, but how highly people are speaking of him is ridiculous.

less than a month after going down like he got hit by a shotgun blast he's going to contribute tonight?

if so, kudos to the medical staff and the toradol + amphetamine combination he'll be playing on 

less than a month after going down like he got hit by a shotgun blast he's going to contribute tonight?

if so, kudos to the medical staff and the toradol + amphetamine combination he'll be playing on 
Apparently he went through full contact practices this weekend with no ill effects.  They said 4-6 weeks and this is right at 4 weeks.

Apparently he went through full contact practices this weekend with no ill effects.  They said 4-6 weeks and this is right at 4 weeks.
that's astonishing, imo

i once pulled a muscle in that region and it felt like hot lava stabbing through my soul for weeks. can't even imagine tearing it and then coming back a month later to perform athletic function at a high level.. even with advanced treatment.

granted i'm softer than @AhrnCityPahnder's paunch but still.. holy ####

that's astonishing, imo

i once pulled a muscle in that region and it felt like hot lava stabbing through my soul for weeks. can't even imagine tearing it and then coming back a month later to perform athletic function at a high level.. even with advanced treatment.

granted i'm softer than @AhrnCityPahnder's paunch but still.. holy ####
HGH is a hell of a thing.

Let's watch some basketball.

(Don't sell your home, start a new career, and have a total Chris Paul as your girlfriend at the same time)

Sad to see the Celtics run off their own court like that. Thought they had the heart to compete for the championship this season but they obviously don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread