What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop on the decision to draft derrick white:

I never even saw him, never even knew he existed in the world. Didn’t know he was on the planet.

I’m busy. I’ve got other stuff to do. I can’t watch this guy. I don’t know who these guys are. I’m at dinner. I’m ordering wine. I’m relaxing. They’ve got to find the talent, right? I’ve got to teach back-door, and I’ve got to find the talent?

whew, Nets-Sixers is basically opposite of that Indiana series. 2 teams going toe to toe fighting each possession. the motivated Nets team looks ton different than game 3

Good feisty game 4 here. Both teams know what's at stake. This is the perfect opening series for the sixers. Had they got Detroit, Miami or Orlando they might have won easier and then been smoked in the second round. This Nets team plays them hard and forces the Sixers not to be lazy. Still think the Sixers win in 6.

Good feisty game 4 here. Both teams know what's at stake. This is the perfect opening series for the sixers. Had they got Detroit, Miami or Orlando they might have won easier and then been smoked in the second round. This Nets team plays them hard and forces the Sixers not to be lazy. Still think the Sixers win in 6.
yeah i am hoping the same thing, though it didn't work great last year building off going against the gritty Heat team. having an easy cake walk like Indy or Detroit would have been nice but yeah, could have had them approach 2nd round too laid back

Get Dudley out.  He’s going to get someone hurt.
Alaa was good with it. "Look at me, Look at me". None of these guys want to fight Embiid, they just want to try and hype their team. Ben should have taken his shot then when he had the chance

Last edited by a moderator:
Get Dudley out.  He’s going to get someone hurt.
Russel needs to get ejected too. he just came running in and pushed the pile. 

Embiid fouled Allen sure, but it was a fine foul. Is it his fault he outweighs Allen by 100 pounds? 

I agree with Alaa, all fake toughness. 

total bull#### calling that a flagrant foul. This is how you can make games ugly, with b.s. calls like this. absolute b.s. Embiid better see this, and score 44 the rest of the game
Of course that was flagrant.  No question.  You’re judging things with your heart.

Of course that was flagrant.  No question.  You’re judging things with your heart.
seriously? you are talking about the foul on Allen right? i have no idea how you can call that a flagrant foul.

If Dudley doesn't goon it up, it's a normal foul and 2 shots for Allen. Idiot refs were caught up in the moment

seriously? you are talking about the foul on Allen right? i have no idea how you can call that a flagrant foul.

If Dudley doesn't goon it up, it's a normal foul and 2 shots for Allen. Idiot refs were caught up in the moment
Easy F1.  Dudley goober it up and Butler took the bait.  Gotta keep your poise there.  Hopefully only costs him this game.

Easy F1.  Dudley goober it up and Butler took the bait.  Gotta keep your poise there.  Hopefully only costs him this game.
i still don't see it. here is the def:    "In basketball, a flagrant foul is a personal foul that involves excessive or violent contact that could injure the fouled player. "

So again, is it Embiid's fault he has like 100 pounds on Allen? his foul the other night with the elbow certainly fits that definition and i can agree that was a flagrant 1. I just don't see it here, he got all ball and a bit of his arm. 

total b.s call on Bobi there. whole game has been moving screens. exact play before that was a moving screen by the Nets, and now they opt to call it there? I get our view from the TV is very different then what they see, so maybe some seem more obvious then others

This Sixers team kind of sucks 
Not sure how you can determine that when moving picks are called on one side but not the other consistently. Guy gets his arm hooked trying to fight through a screen and gets called for a foul. Guy gets hooked on offense going back door, offensive foul. 

Some of the best sports beefs happen when one player is far, far superior to the other but the other guy just doesn’t give a ####. Simmons is nowhere near Dudley’s level but keeps on coming after him, and I think that’s beautiful.

Some of the best sports beefs happen when one player is far, far superior to the other but the other guy just doesn’t give a ####. Simmons is nowhere near Dudley’s level but keeps on coming after him, and I think that’s beautiful.
I'm enjoying it. So long as we win in 5, Dudley can beef all he wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an amazing finish.  That double T actually helped us and woke Ben and Embiid up.... they played determined the last quarter.

Hopefully win this in 5 and rest up for Toronto.

Not sure how you can determine that when moving picks are called on one side but not the other consistently. Guy gets his arm hooked trying to fight through a screen and gets called for a foul. Guy gets hooked on offense going back door, offensive foul. 
I had Philly and they were losing to that crap team. That’s the extent of my analysis.  

Dude, you guys have like 2 feet of snow right now, in late April, right? can you blame him for demanding a trade out of there?
It’s really not fair to the rest of the league that Philly has such awesome weather. How is anyone else supposed to attract free agents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread