What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Animal cruelty bill (1 Viewer)

Why can't they work together like this all the time? I can't help but imagine the headway we'd make if that happened.

I applaud the baby steps. The House passes a lot of stuff that the Senate never brings to a vote, so we'll see what happens with this. And while a law against literally crushing animals is nice, I'd like to see laws against much more common forms of animal mistreatment.

Long overdue, I always thought it was a joke when you get someone with multiple cases of severe animal abuse and they get fined $50 or whatever. 

Animal abuse legislature was quashed in MS in 2016 by current Republican governor candidate Tate Reeves (aka Tater Face) due largely to the lobbying efforts of Mississippi Farm Bureau (insurance).  Don't get your hopes up, people.

Link

As an pack leader of 1 Golden Retriever, 1 Belgian Malinois and 1 GSD....I appreciate the effort of those elected officials....finally.

Summary of bill...

This bill revises and expands criminal provisions with respect to animal crushing.

It retains existing criminal offenses that prohibit knowingly creating or distributing an animal crush video using interstate commerce. The bill also adds a new provision to criminalize an intentional act of animal crushing. A violator is subject to criminal penalties—a fine, a prison term of up to seven years, or both.

It provides additional exceptions for conduct, or a video of conduct, including conduct that is (1) medical or scientific research, (2) necessary to protect the life or property of a person, (3) performed as part of euthanizing an animal, or (4) unintentional.

As an pack leader of 1 Golden Retriever, 1 Belgian Malinois and 1 GSD....I appreciate the effort of those elected officials....finally.
Those dogs are bad ###.  I grew up with German Shepards and always thought having a Belgian Malinois would be sweet.

Animal abuse legislature was quashed in MS in 2016 by current Republican governor candidate Tate Reeves (aka Tater Face) due largely to the lobbying efforts of Mississippi Farm Bureau (insurance).  Don't get your hopes up, people.

Link
I was going to ask if a federal law was really needed in this area. Seems like the states should have it covered.

But I guess I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread