What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Power Pop (1 Viewer)

Someone already mentioned No Matter What but Badfinger is the definition of power pop.   Your playlist should definitely include Day After Day and Baby Blue.   They also wrote and performed "Without You" but Nilsson had the definitive version.

My favorite Power Pop song though is McCartney's LP version of Maybe I'm Amazed.  Amazing that one person could write, produce,  record/engineer, sing and play every instrument  on this recording by himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Godsbrother said:
Someone already mentioned No Matter What but Badfinger is the definition of power pop.   Your playlist should definitely include Day After Day and Baby Blue.   They also wrote and performed "Without You" but Nilsson had the definitive version.

My favorite Power Pop song though is McCartney's LP version of Maybe I'm Amazed.  Amazing that one person could write, produce,  record/engineer, sing and play every instrument  on this recording by himself.
Tom Stoltz did most of that for the first Boston album, he just couldn't sing!

Since election interference is A-OK these days, I'm going to tout Young Guv in the Power Pop primary of the upcoming 2019 AOTY poll.  His two 2019 EPs (GUV I and GUV II) have been collected in one LP called 'GUV I & II. 

I sort of liked I better than II when they first came out but I & II is better than either one.  It's derivative but if we're being honest, what Power Pop isn't?  :shrug:

No time to post links but give these a listen 

- The Beat Goes On/Switching to Glide - The Kings

- I'll Be You - The Replacements

- Justify - Greg Kihn Band

- On the Dark Side - Eddie and the Cruisers

- Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen

- Tired of Towing the Line - Rocky Burnette

- I Could Be Good for You - 707

Users who are viewing this thread