What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ EPL 2020-21 Fantasy League ⚽ ​ Congrats McBokononon on the title! (1 Viewer)

If anyone needs/wants to drop a Liverpool or Man United player to the bench - PM me with the transaction details.

As of now - those players are locked - not sure if Fantrax will fix that.

2014 - drafted Lamela 3rd round - finished 3rd
2015 - drafted Lamela 6th round - finished 1st
2016 - drafted Lamela 3rd round - finished 4th
2017 - NO LAMELA - finished 7th
2018 - drafted Lamela 14th round - finished 3rd
2019 - drafted Lamela 14th round - finished 2nd

2020 - drafted Lamela 16th round  - :moneybag:
:coffee:

Lamela = :moneybag:

I am going to miss him next season.

@Sinn Fein

Please verify the winners and amounts.

"Winners" If you want your money send your Paypal to mrl171 at live dot com.

Which of you bastards are in for next year?
I'm in. Go ahead and keep the fee for next year out of my winnings when you send just like you did last time. By "last time" I mean last season, when I also won the league. Meaning I have won the league two years in a row. Back to back. Both years I have been in it I have won the league is what I'm trying to say.

I do have a few changes I would like to propose.  So, if anyone else has some ideas, now is probably the best time to bring them up.

1.  Scoring - I want to change yellow cards from (-3) to (-1)

I realize in a broad sense, yellow cards are "bad", but in reality, many yellow cards are "good" in the sense that they are professional fouls that helps the players team avoid a counter-attack.  -3 points just seems too harsh.

2.  Scoring - https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/scoringCategoryGlossary.go?leagueId=u9gcuk2akdog4sxu - this is a link to all the scoring options available.  One stat that stood out to me was Blocked Shots - it seems like that should be scored the same as tackles or interceptions (1 point each) - its not a huge difference, but seems like we should reward defenders who block shots on goal

3. Draft - as much as I love/hate this site, I wonder if we really need a thread to conduct the draft.  We can set up the draft to run in Fantrax - the same as it runs here - slow draft, times when it is suspended, and it will send an email when you are up.  I don't have a strong preference either way here.

4.  Something new - additional fee.  Over this year, amongst my timeouts, I have gotten to know a few of the guys who provide soccer content to fantrax (Waiver wire articles, rankings, etc) on twitter, and I have seen some of the things they are doing in their leagues.  But one of the things they do that I thought would be fun - they run in-season tournaments (like a domestic Cup), where they set up the bracket, and use scores from specific game weeks to stage those events (essentially you would use your same line-up against two teams in a given week).  Depending on league size we could run a random, single-elimination bracket, or even  divide into two groups for a groups stage, before knockouts.  Just a little something different - keeps teams engaged.  If we are interested, we can work out the details later.  But, if we did it, I would add $5-10 to the entry fee, and use that to pay winners/runner up.

I think I am forgetting something I wanted to bring up, but if anyone else has ideas or rule changes to consider - bring them up now!

I do have a few changes I would like to propose.  So, if anyone else has some ideas, now is probably the best time to bring them up.

I realize in a broad sense, yellow cards are "bad", but in reality, many yellow cards are "good" in the sense that they are professional fouls that helps the players team avoid a counter-attack.  -3 points just seems too harsh.

2.  Scoring - https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/scoringCategoryGlossary.go?leagueId=u9gcuk2akdog4sxu - this is a link to all the scoring options available.  One stat that stood out to me was Blocked Shots - it seems like that should be scored the same as tackles or interceptions (1 point each) - its not a huge difference, but seems like we should reward defenders who block shots on goal

3. Draft - as much as I love/hate this site, I wonder if we really need a thread to conduct the draft.  We can set up the draft to run in Fantrax - the same as it runs here - slow draft, times when it is suspended, and it will send an email when you are up.  I don't have a strong preference either way here.

4.  Something new - additional fee.  Over this year, amongst my timeouts, I have gotten to know a few of the guys who provide soccer content to fantrax (Waiver wire articles, rankings, etc) on twitter, and I have seen some of the things they are doing in their leagues.  But one of the things they do that I thought would be fun - they run in-season tournaments (like a domestic Cup), where they set up the bracket, and use scores from specific game weeks to stage those events (essentially you would use your same line-up against two teams in a given week).  Depending on league size we could run a random, single-elimination bracket, or even  divide into two groups for a groups stage, before knockouts.  Just a little something different - keeps teams engaged.  If we are interested, we can work out the details later.  But, if we did it, I would add $5-10 to the entry fee, and use that to pay winners/runner up.

I think I am forgetting something I wanted to bring up, but if anyone else has ideas or rule changes to consider - bring them up now!
I'm cool with those suggestions.

My only question with regard to the draft being here at Fantrax is, will the players not in the EPL be available?

I'm cool with those suggestions.

My only question with regard to the draft being here at Fantrax is, will the players not in the EPL be available?
Ah - that is what I wanted to bring up!

Draft / Waivers - a lot of other leagues have moved in the same direction as fantasy football, and they use FAAB, instead of a straight waiver wire.  So, lets say a budget of $200 for the year, you can bid on players each week.

I actually do prefer this - and eliminating speculative picks in the draft.  That puts all teams on the same footing, as opposed to happening to be on the clock when a key rumor of a player moving to PL drops.

If we did that - yes, we would lock the draftable players at the start of the draft, and everyone would be working from the same list.

I learned a lot.  Would love to come back.

I am all for the FAAB and draft lock.  I really didn't like the luck of the draw there.

One question on FAAB: If we do $200, what's the min bid?  $1 or can you do $0.10?
Looking at the settings - here is what I can adjust:

Player claim budget:  $ 

Bid increment: $ 

Minimum bid: $

So, we could set it up as $200 budget, Bid Increment $0.10, and Minimum Bid of $0

Or whatever makes sense.

I should add that another advantage of doing the draft on Fantrax - allows you to create a draft list to auto-draft from - so you can add 2-3 names to the list if its your turn coming up, and it would auto-draft.

So, we could set it up as $200 budget, Bid Increment $0.10, and Minimum Bid of $0

Or whatever makes sense.
That's good.  I just didn't see $200 going far in a 38 game season if we had to go $1 increments.

Or whatever makes sense.
I suggested $1000, but if you want to stay on this ratio, $2000 budget and $1 increments.  Would be a PITA to keep typing out things in 10 cent levels.  2000 for 38 weeks ....   I'm in football leagues that use 1000 over 16 weeks.  It works very well at those levels.

Ratio does not really matter to me.

I do think we should include $0 bids, with tiebreaker being current league standings.  If you just are looking to pick up a player for a week, but don't want to have to be logged in when the waivers run to grab a player as a FA - putting in a $0 bid in case that player does not get a higher bid.

Just a guess, but 1/4 of the teams will be broke by Christmas (at least 1 team will bid 90% of the budget on a single player :oldunsure: ), 1/4 of the teams will still have a full budget, and the other half of the league will be somewhere in between.

Ok so a few thoughts on this.

I think we should use the discipline point system but instead cut it in half to be more consistent. (-0.5 per foul, -1.5 per yellow, -3 per red) I think the main grievance with the card system was it was too swingy (I say this as we were sole proprietor of first place in yellow cards). That being said, we need something(s) to balance this out especially for the defensive midfield and center back positions. I do like shots blocked as a category and I do also think that crosses blocked should be a category too. I think a lot of defensive midfielders do those jobs and don't get any fantasy stats for it. (Also maybe successful long balls would be a good category to add as a lot of attacking-minded center backs do that?)

I think the forums have more drama which makes it more fun but as long as there was a way to facilitate taking non-league players I would be fine with having it directly on the site.

What about the cup being $15 for a total of $50? Is that too much?

Sinn Fein said:
I should add that another advantage of doing the draft on Fantrax - allows you to create a draft list to auto-draft from - so you can add 2-3 names to the list if its your turn coming up, and it would auto-draft.
Not to mention all of you knobs that can't stay out of the PSF and may get timeouts.

zazale said:
Ok so a few thoughts on this.

I think we should use the discipline point system but instead cut it in half to be more consistent. (-0.5 per foul, -1.5 per yellow, -3 per red) I think the main grievance with the card system was it was too swingy (I say this as we were sole proprietor of first place in yellow cards). That being said, we need something(s) to balance this out especially for the defensive midfield and center back positions. I do like shots blocked as a category and I do also think that crosses blocked should be a category too. I think a lot of defensive midfielders do those jobs and don't get any fantasy stats for it. (Also maybe successful long balls would be a good category to add as a lot of attacking-minded center backs do that?)

I think the forums have more drama which makes it more fun but as long as there was a way to facilitate taking non-league players I would be fine with having it directly on the site.

What about the cup being $15 for a total of $50? Is that too much?
I am fine with bumping it up to $50

I don't think there is an easy way to facilitate drafting non-league players in a draft on Fantrax.  It would involve drafting a random player and announcing you were taking Player X - and then hoping everyone was paying attention.

If we opt for the Fantrax Draft - it will almost certainly be with a locked player list, and then as players are added to Fantrax they would go through the FA Bid process.

If we agree to go with the bid process - I would advocate for the Fantrax draft.  If we stick with the waiver process, I would be inclined to stick with our current draft rules.

So before I start :banned: , I'd like to make a request.

Can we please let any player dropped immediately become a free agent? I know in the past the reason is so that people can't "Churn" the wire. I just can't see how that matters here.

This isn't like baseball where an owner could go in Thursday night/Friday morning after waivers run and acquire then drop a bunch of pitchers that scheduled to go that weekend, thus making them unavailable to other teams and have to go to the claim process for Sunday night/Monday morning.

I guess someone could go pick up and drop all the defenders/forwards/GK's from Palace or Wolves, any team for that matter. What's the point of that though?

This has turned into a diatribe more than a request at this point (apologies). I've run multiple magic football leagues for a long time now. None of those leagues have a wait till waivers rule. As soon as a dude is waived, he's available. Much more enjoyable experience IMO

So before I start :banned: , I'd like to make a request.

Can we please let any player dropped immediately become a free agent? I know in the past the reason is so that people can't "Churn" the wire. I just can't see how that matters here.

This isn't like baseball where an owner could go in Thursday night/Friday morning after waivers run and acquire then drop a bunch of pitchers that scheduled to go that weekend, thus making them unavailable to other teams and have to go to the claim process for Sunday night/Monday morning.

I guess someone could go pick up and drop all the defenders/forwards/GK's from Palace or Wolves, any team for that matter. What's the point of that though?

This has turned into a diatribe more than a request at this point (apologies). I've run multiple magic football leagues for a long time now. None of those leagues have a wait till waivers rule. As soon as a dude is waived, he's available. Much more enjoyable experience IMO
I don’t have a problem with this 

The rule is not in place to prevent churning- we have an actual setting that prevents churning (a player who is picked up and dropped before the games start will be a FA)

The rule is to make sure everyone gets a fair shot at players who are dropped - as opposed to just the people hanging out online when waivers run. 

Users who are viewing this thread