What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available? (1 Viewer)

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

• Yes, as soon as it comes out

Votes: 236 55.4%
  • Yes, but not for a while until some time passes

Votes: 93 21.8%
  • No, I don't think it will be safe

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • No, I don't think it will be effective

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • No, I already had Covid

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Unsure, but leaning yes

Votes: 32 7.5%
  • Unsure, but leaning no

Votes: 28 6.6%

• Total voters
My 16 year old has to wait until June 5th to get his first COVID shot due to a scheduled 2nd meningities vaccine shot he received last week. The doctor recommended 4-weeks lead time before getting the Pfizer. I guarantee you he will be getting his Covid shot on Day Meningitis +30.

Moderna shot #2 yesterday at 10am. Like clockwork, around 8pm, started to feel like ####. Went to bed at 9pm, chills, achy, tired. Slept through till 8am, still feel lethargic and a little achy. About ready to go take another nap. Feel better than I did last night but not close to 100%.

beer 30 said:
Moderna shot #2 yesterday at 10am. Like clockwork, around 8pm, started to feel like ####. Went to bed at 9pm, chills, achy, tired. Slept through till 8am, still feel lethargic and a little achy. About ready to go take another nap. Feel better than I did last night but not close to 100%.
Interesting. My Moderna #1 was kinda like that...exact symptoms you listed but maybe each to a lesser degree. #2 was basically unnoticeable other than the sore arm.

My 14-year old got Pfizer #1 today! :towelwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
My oldest will be 12 in August. Second oldest is 10.

We live in CT and we have a high vaccination rate (yay), but we have to travel to VA (Wedding) at the end of the month and Ohio (re-affirmation ceremony) in early August (before oldest's b'day). This "everything is back to normal" #### is pissing me off. Can we at least wait until all citizens can opt for the vaccine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my Moderna #2 on Wednesday morning. Just had a sore arm after first shot, but 2nd one was different story. Signed off work around 5:30 (which is really early for me) because tired. Up most of that night alternating between chills and sweats. Spent most of yesterday tired (took an afternoon nap). Feel back to normal today though.

So maybe this belongs in the other Covid thread, but whatever. Apparently there is a conspiracy theory going around in the anti-vax crowd where they are worried that vaccinated people are gonna breath on them and make them sick with the government 5G and/or other things and are now embracing wearing masks to protect against the vaccinated. 

Interesting. My Moderna #1 was kinda like that...exact symptoms you listed but maybe each to a lesser degree. #2 was basically unnoticeable other than the sore arm.
Exact same for me.  Shot #1 I was wiped out for a day.  2nd shot just a sore arm with no other side effects.  

most seem to have worse side effects after the 2nd shot so I was surprised.

the human body is a weird thing.

My son isn't getting the shot. I don't see the point of voluntarily giving him the flu when covid is far majority of the time is mild for children.

My son isn't getting the shot. I don't see the point of voluntarily giving him the flu when covid is far majority of the time is mild for children.
Idk. They maybe need to tone down the dose a bit.  Either way my kid woke up fairly sick but has since rallied and is gone playing w friends.  I mean she is fine. 

We sent her to summer camp last summer and sweated bullets the whole time, because the one she was bound for had a big outbreak and just closed up mid term.  

it's not ideal but The lack of adults getting it got us here. 40% isn't gonna cut it to make school more or less normal next fall.  

So maybe this belongs in the other Covid thread, but whatever. Apparently there is a conspiracy theory going around in the anti-vax crowd where they are worried that vaccinated people are gonna breath on them and make them sick with the government 5G and/or other things and are now embracing wearing masks to protect against the vaccinated. 
This is the type of covert psy-ops that a competent government might roll out as a way of minimizing the harm of anti-vaxxers.

School in Florida won't allow vaccinated teachers near students....

Personal choices are personal for a reason.   Mine got it and are completely fine.   They also get flu shots each year and are completely fine.   Best wishes to you and yours.

Not sure why? If he gets covid at worst he has flu like symptoms. Why voluntarily give him flu like symptoms when there's a 99.9% chance he has very mild symptoms from covid?
Because you may be responsible for straddling him with life long health issues? It happens. Even to people who are not symptomatic. Can it happen in kids? I'm guessing it's a pretty low chance. Still, I'd rather expose my kids to a short term immune system reaction than to anything like that. Or, to allow them to get sick and then spread to countless others who may suffer greater harm.

Because you may be responsible for straddling him with life long health issues? It happens. Even to people who are not symptomatic. Can it happen in kids? I'm guessing it's a pretty low chance. Still, I'd rather expose my kids to a short term immune system reaction than to anything like that. Or, to allow them to get sick and then spread to countless others who may suffer greater harm.
The chances are so small they are incomprehensible. If I worried about that or every other little incomprehensible thing in life id drive myself nuts.

Not sure why? If he gets covid at worst he has flu like symptoms. Why voluntarily give him flu like symptoms when there's a 99.9% chance he has very mild symptoms from covid?
I guess I would just say without the vaccine, your kid could be a carrier passing it along to other people and possibly keeping it in circulation increasing the chances it can mutate into something worse. These are all low odds outcomes and we can always say that was the personal choice of the people your kid comes into contact not be vaccinated themselves. Just throwing out what I would consider the factors to consider. Also, there seems to be zero long term risk from the vaccine. Very small odds, but there is a non-zero chance of a teen getting sick. We have probably at least 100 kids at the HS I work at test positive this year. I don't know how it impacted most of them but I do know one student who was hit pretty hard and spent a couple days in the hospital. I don't know if the kid had any pre-existing conditions, I didn't want to pry. 

As discussed in the main Covid thread, it’s a strange disease that we are far from fully understanding, and can have unusual long term consequences, even in kids. I don’t want my 15 year old getting this, so she got shot #1 today. 

I believe I'm the only person in my or my wife's family who has or is planning to get it.  That's one person out of approximately 20 adults and 10 children.  These are the same "you can't live in fear" types, btw.  

Moderna shot #2 yesterday. Today fever, chills, headache, body ache, fatigue. Happy though. Going to lay low for a couple more weeks and then it's go crazy time. Can't imagine not getting vaccinated when all you have to do is walk into a grocery store or pharmacy and get it for free. Maybe if they put video on TV of the terrible death that so many experienced it would sway the holdouts to get the shots. We know of a guy who can't walk anymore without getting winded and fatigued, and it's likely permanent. Virtually bedridden at 45. Had no issues. Can try to get lucky for the next few years or just walk into a CVS and avoid potential life-changing ramifications. Don't understand why it's even a decision.

I guess I would just say without the vaccine, your kid could be a carrier passing it along to other people and possibly keeping it in circulation increasing the chances it can mutate into something worse. These are all low odds outcomes and we can always say that was the personal choice of the people your kid comes into contact not be vaccinated themselves. Just throwing out what I would consider the factors to consider. Also, there seems to be zero long term risk from the vaccine. Very small odds, but there is a non-zero chance of a teen getting sick. We have probably at least 100 kids at the HS I work at test positive this year. I don't know how it impacted most of them but I do know one student who was hit pretty hard and spent a couple days in the hospital. I don't know if the kid had any pre-existing conditions, I didn't want to pry. 
the odds definitely are in your favor with this statement, but at the same time statements like this are a complete joke. how could we begin to know long term risks from the vaccine when there have been no long term studies due to a lack of "long term"?

This would not surprise me at all.

17 year old got 2nd Pfizer Friday and no side effects from either. Planning to get my 15 year old his 1st this week wherever we can. Getting that done will be a weight off my shoulders. I feel bad for co workers I’ve spoken to with younger kids, who are in limbo for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread