What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available? (8 Viewers)

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

• Yes, as soon as it comes out

Votes: 236 55.4%
  • Yes, but not for a while until some time passes

Votes: 93 21.8%
  • No, I don't think it will be safe

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • No, I don't think it will be effective

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • No, I already had Covid

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Unsure, but leaning yes

Votes: 32 7.5%
  • Unsure, but leaning no

Votes: 28 6.6%

• Total voters
I'd probably just put a mask on. It's pretty painless. I'm fully vaccinated but will probably keep masking up when around others for a bit longer. Once my youngest is vaccinated that may start changing. I'm an outlier though, I still wipe things down or quarantine them for a couple days and until just recently would heat pizza and fast food for a few minutes in the oven. Overkill? Probably. But I was going to do everything I could to avoid the Rona for myself and the family.

I intend to continue wearing a mask in high risk areas, like planes, schools, crowds, and public transit.  Not because I'm scared of COVID (I got it last March and have been fully vaccinated), but because of catching all of the other germs out there.  I haven't been sick in over a year and it's been pretty nice.  There are a lot of filthy people out there.
I'm a mask on guy for the foreseeable future, especially in the higher risk areas mentioned above and for similar reasons. Vax'd up but just don't mind wearing a mask and if makes everyone else comfortable, I'm good.

My wife and oldest won't get the vax so I'll probably always be around somebody with a mask on.

Moderna #2 for me and the girlfriend yesterday.  She has every flu symptom and is miserable.   I feel really tired and shaky.
Almost two weeks since my wife and I had our second shots of Moderna. She was miserable for 3 days. I was not myself for 24 hours and the second day I was better but still meh. Nothing major other than a very low grade fever and a lot of chills the night after.

My wife? Well she was in bed for two straight days, 100-101 fever, back pain....my delicate flower. But she survived!! 

My son got his 2nd Pfizer Monday. Actually went to baseball practice that night and was fine. Yesterday....sore back and some aches. Today...slight aches and he will sit out practice this evening. But he is good. 

Home is fully vaccinated and we are very relieved. We have 5 out of town tournaments starting Memorial Day Weekend. We will still wear masks in heavily populated indoor or outdoor public places for a little while.....I just don’t trust people who are not getting vaccinated and not wearing masks. It is still a problem. I realize the vaccine does not prevent you from getting it...but it drastically reduces the chance of you spreading it asymtomatically and of course if you do contract the virus...great chance you will not be in a hospital. 

I wish the misinformation would stop....but unfortunately we have the worldwide web and age of extreme misinformation. The entire thing has been politicized. And people are proving they are even dumber than I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 year old daughter got second Pfizer yesterday.   Other than feeling a little tired today, no reaction.  

We need to take a few trips for college visits, so it's nice to have everyone in the house fully vaxxed.   
Y'all going up to see Western Wash?  Loved that school.  If Oregon hadn't of offered my son a full ride, I'm convinced he would have chosen WWU.  Bellingham is awesome.

16 year old daughter got second Pfizer yesterday.   Other than feeling a little tired today, no reaction.  

We need to take a few trips for college visits, so it's nice to have everyone in the house fully vaxxed.   
how'd she get the 2nd dose already?  my kid's 2nd dose, isn't until the first week of june.

I found this opinion piece in the NYT today to be interesting.  Basically they did a nationwide survey of people who haven't been vaxxed and found they fell into four general categories:  Watchful (waiting for a while to see what happens), Cost-Anxious (want it but can't get time off or make it to a site), System Distrusters (feel the health care system doesn't treat them well), and Covid Skeptics (kinda obvious).  They also go into possible approaches to persuade these different groups in different ways.  Obviously the last group would be the most difficult, but only 14% of the country falls into that category.  They have this all broken down by state as well.

Y'all going up to see Western Wash?  Loved that school.  If Oregon hadn't of offered my son a full ride, I'm convinced he would have chosen WWU.  Bellingham is awesome.
Nope.   Want her to get out of the state.   She wants to go into film/design/music so she's primarily looking at NYC and LA.   So far it's NYU, Pace and Boston U on the east coast and USC, UCLA, Chapman and Loyola Marymount on the west coast.   

Bellingham's a nice place.   I think Shick! lived there.  

My son graduates from WWU next month.  He loved it until COVID hit, but that isn't the school's fault.  Would highly recommend that school to anyone.

I dont use public transportation, visit homeless shelters, or work in a crowded workplace. I went maskless in the grocery store today for the first time and it was very liberating. I really dont foresee any scenario where Ill ever wear a mask again.  :thumbup:

Mentioned this in the other thread, but I'm actually feeling bad for those people who refuse to get the vaccine, but intend to continue following the rules. They will be wearing masks for a very long time while everyone else is moving on.

I found this opinion piece in the NYT today to be interesting.  Basically they did a nationwide survey of people who haven't been vaxxed and found they fell into four general categories:  Watchful (waiting for a while to see what happens), Cost-Anxious (want it but can't get time off or make it to a site), System Distrusters (feel the health care system doesn't treat them well), and Covid Skeptics (kinda obvious).  They also go into possible approaches to persuade these different groups in different ways.  Obviously the last group would be the most difficult, but only 14% of the country falls into that category.  They have this all broken down by state as well.
Thanks for posting this - fascinating article.  I didn't realize 'System Distrusters' was so prevalent in Georgia.  We do have a somewhat large African American community and many rural areas where there's a general distrust of government, politicians and institutions like heatlhcare but I didn't think it would be that high.

I dont use public transportation, visit homeless shelters, or work in a crowded workplace. I went maskless in the grocery store today for the first time and it was very liberating. I really dont foresee any scenario where Ill ever wear a mask again.  :thumbup:

Mentioned this in the other thread, but I'm actually feeling bad for those people who refuse to get the vaccine, but intend to continue following the rules. They will be wearing masks for a very long time while everyone else is moving on.
Your state doesn't require the stupid "wear a mask from the door to the table" thing at restaurants?

Bellingham's a nice place.   I think Shick! lived there.  
Oh...well then @Hooper31

Thanks for posting this - fascinating article.  I didn't realize 'System Distrusters' was so prevalent in Georgia.  We do have a somewhat large African American community and many rural areas where there's a general distrust of government, politicians and institutions like heatlhcare but I didn't think it would be that high.
Your neighbors to the East in SC is full up of them. Although I'd add a sub category to System Distrusters: Religious Unbelievers. They know the virus is real but think you're getting the mark of the beast by getting vax'd and the end is coming around the corner.

Again

As someone who has regularly prepped injections in the past, and also seen how the Moderna vaccine was prepped behind-the-scenes, I can tell you that how it is handled can make a big difference in the sharpness of the needle.

I got my 2 shots from different places. On my 1st shot I felt almost nothing, but the ham-fisted brute who prepped my 2nd shot caused it to feel like I was getting stabbed with dull steak knife.
Yeah it’s very much based on the syringe used and technique. The syringes I use for Pfizer are great and 9 times out of 10, patients don’t feel anything unless I hit a bad spot. But if I used those same syringes for J&J, the needles are too flimsy and cause the needles to dull when drawing them up. There was also a syringe shortage, so a lot of the time we were just using whatever we could get.

Yeah it’s very much based on the syringe used and technique. The syringes I use for Pfizer are great and 9 times out of 10, patients don’t feel anything unless I hit a bad spot. But if I used those same syringes for J&J, the needles are too flimsy and cause the needles to dull when drawing them up. There was also a syringe shortage, so a lot of the time we were just using whatever we could get.
This makes a lot of sense. I'm sure I came across as way too critical of whoever prepped my 2nd, but mostly I was just joking. Mostly.

Honestly I was just thankful to get it all over with. Beyond just the simple act of getting the shot, the 2nd dose after effects were downright brutal for me. But I have autoimmune issues so I expected that.

Here's another one that talks about how to convince those that are unsure.

It's interesting to me that Canada passed the United States in percent of the population that has their first dose yesterday. I've been fuming up until the past few weeks about how slow the Canadian vaccine rollout process was but they've got it on rolling now and there's obviously much less vaccine hesitancy up here. 

It's interesting to me that Canada passed the United States in percent of the population that has their first dose yesterday. I've been fuming up until the past few weeks about how slow the Canadian vaccine rollout process was but they've got it on rolling now and there's obviously much less vaccine hesitancy up here. 
By fuming, in Canadian terms does that mean you were considering writing a strongly worded letter to your elected representative?

I kid. Great to see Canada doing well on the rollout, and not surprised the citizens are wisely lining up with less hesitancy than some "other places".

Ned said:
Moderna #2 on Tue night put me on my ### all day yesterday.  I can feel myself rebound by the hour today.  Wild 24hrs.
Same with me. More and more I read about it, seems the 2nd Moderna is the one giving people fits for 24ish hours than what I see for Pfizer.

Completely anecdotal and based almost entirely on reading responses from this thread so take it for what it's worth.

Ned said:
Moderna #2 on Tue night put me on my ### all day yesterday.  I can feel myself rebound by the hour today.  Wild 24hrs.
Same with me. More and more I read about it, seems the 2nd Moderna is the one giving people fits for 24ish hours than what I see for Pfizer.

Completely anecdotal and based almost entirely on reading responses from this thread so take it for what it's worth.
My wife got M2 last night.  So far she just has a sore arm today.  :shrug:  

Pretty much anyone that wants a shot in California has gotten one. They're at the point where there's a surplus and can't give these things away. I know of local CVS Pharmacies that are setting up tents at schools to give shots to students and families on a walk-up basis.

The NJDOH is blowing up my phone, texts and email about walk in vaccine availability.

I got my vaccine a while ago so I assume they are mass contacting everybody that registered with the state vaccine site.

I got the second Moderna on Tuesday morning. It wrecked me. In the first 12 hours, I was tired, but that was it, so I thought, Hey maybe I'll get lucky. By 9 pm I felt horrible. I went to bed and woke up about midnight with the works: fever, chills, body aches, wacky dreams. I got up to help get the kids ready for school then went to bed until 11 am and took it easy, but I felt like crap. I still had a fever some 60 hours after the shot. Finally feel better today. 

I am so glad I went with Pfizer.  I think I had less issues with the second shot than I did with the first.

After the first, my arm was really sore for a good 3-4 days after.  Had some head fogginess a few hours after the first too.

After the second (this past Monday), I had no fogginess at all and my arm was fine a day or so after.

Party time!

You know there's enough vaccine when...I went to a minor league baseball game tonight (Tacoma Rainiers wassup??), and there was a station right inside the entrance where they were giving vaccines.  Choice of J&J or Pfizer.

Also those of us already vaccinated got wristbands and could forego masks and sit in special non-socially-distanced sections.  So beautiful.  

You know there's enough vaccine when...I went to a minor league baseball game tonight (Tacoma Rainiers wassup??), and there was a station right inside the entrance where they were giving vaccines.  Choice of J&J or Pfizer.

Also those of us already vaccinated got wristbands and could forego masks and sit in special non-socially-distanced sections.  So beautiful.  
Who won?

Have my 2nd Moderna shot in the morning. Felt a little foggy for a couple of hours after the first one and had some arm sorness (really just right at the spot. I was able to play golf). Hopefully after effects are pretty mild again. 

Just looking forward to being done and having a little mask freedom in a couple of weeks. 

My 13 and 15 year old niece and nephew arrived from India last night and walked into a Walgreens this morning and received their 1st Pfizer COVID vax.  No appointment necessary.
Their parents had received the AstraZeneca COVID vaccine while in India but the kids were too young to qualify for vaccination there.

They've been quarantining nearby for 9 days but all 4 had negative COVID PCR tests yesterday. We haven't seen them in 2 years. My family enjoyed a maskless brunch with them today in their condo (we're all fully vaccinated as well).  It was great to see them. 

Fully vaccinated as of yesterday.  Did some errands.  As with many places I suspect, some of our municipalities still have local mask requirements, and some stores require while others do not.  I wore a mask, mostly to avoid any potential confrontations.  It doesn't really bother me anymore.  I imagine I'll continue to do the same until everyone has consistently dropped their mandate in my area.

Users who are viewing this thread