What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

superflex advice (1 Viewer)

thawkprime21

Footballguy
So in a 4pts per passing touchdown SF league which also scores at .04 per passing yard .1 per yard russing and receiving and .5 ppr when do you not start a QB at superflex. We are also allowed kickers at Superflex. I ask because i have wentz as my QB #2 but his scoring is so up and down this year from 6pts to 29pts. Or do you always start  2 QBs in superflex. 

qbs willson wentz

rbs chubb, Sanders, chase edmonds, Edwards-helaire, mosteret, mike davis

wrs aj brown, riddley, metclaf, galladay, kirk, reagor

te waller, hurst, tonyan.

1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wrs, 2 flex, 1 te, 1 superflex, 1 kicker or defense

So when do i go against stating wentz even though fleaflicker rankings say start him every week

In 6 pt passing TDs, I'd try to always start a QB at SF but with only 4 pt passing TD's, you should be ok running a RB or WR out there since you've got some decent options/depth.  I wouldn't use a Kicker in it though, always the chance that they could miss one and get you negative points or just have a 3 PATs/0 FG's game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the position distribution of the top 50 or so spots.  See what positions dominate the top and that should tell you what positions you should be targeting and starting. Points are all that really matters so play the guy scoring the most points regardless of position.  This isn't meant to be schtick.  Sometimes in SF owners forget that aspect and think they must start a QB in that spot.  Really you just need to start the guy scoring the most points regardless of position.  

I find that doing a positional distribution across the number of starters in the league helps with this.  For example, if you have 10 teams and 10 starters there are 100 starting players each week.  See what the positional breakdown is of the top 100 scorers.  You may be surprised.  Depending on your scoring a kicker might even be the right choice sometimes.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the position distribution of the top 50 or so spots.  See what positions dominate the top and that should tell you what positions you should be targeting and starting. Points are all that really matters so play the guy scoring the most points regardless of position.  This is meant to be schtick.  Sometimes in SF owners forget that aspect and think they must start a QB in that spot.  Really you just need to start the guy scoring the most points regardless of position.  

I find that doing a positional distribution across the number of starters in the league helps with this.  For example, if you have 10 teams and 10 starters there are 100 starting players each week.  See what the positional breakdown is of the top 100 scorers.  You may be surprised.  Depending on your scoring a kicker might even be the right choice sometimes.  
Thanks for the advice on positional distribution as this isnt something i had thought about

Users who are viewing this thread