What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (4 Viewers)

At least the Habs wanted to help the Devils 2nd 1st rounder improve.  Now if the Bruins can just do their part...

-QG

@FriedgeHNIC: NHL announces Marc-Andre Fleury (LV), Philipp Grubauer (COL) & Andrew Vasilevskiy (TB) as Vezina finalists

Was listening to the Chicklets yesterday and Biz dropped a pretty crazy stat. Marner has 8 PIM in the playoffs. 7 of them are Delay of game penalties for putting the puck over the glass. (pretty sure it was 7/8, could be 6/7 but still.....)

AcerFC said:
Was listening to the Chicklets yesterday and Biz dropped a pretty crazy stat. Marner has 8 PIM in the playoffs. 7 of them are Delay of game penalties for putting the puck over the glass. (pretty sure it was 7/8, could be 6/7 but still.....)
31 thoughts Podcast said Marner has 5 puck over glass penalties. can't recall if that was a postseason stat.

31 thoughts Podcast said Marner has 5 puck over glass penalties. can't recall if that was a postseason stat.
Sorry, I was wrong

Mitch Marner has 12 career PIMS in the playoffs (six minor penalties). Here they are: 

2018 Game 2: Puck over glass
2018 Game 6: Puck over glass
2019 Game 5: Puck over glass
2020 Game 4: Tripping  
2021 Game 1: Puck over glass
2021 Game 6: Puck over glass

2nd verse, same as the first! Lightning win Game 2 by the same score as Game 1, 2-1, and head home to Tampa with a 2-0 series lead!

On a scale of 1-10, what would the Internets reaction be if the Rangers snuck into the top 3 again

Im guessing 100, lol

The no fans and bad teams thing is making this Canadian game unwatchable. It blows one of these teams is going to make the final four. 

Did I read this right?  The NHL draft lottery had only the Kraken and the Ducks switching spots at 2nd and 3rd.  Every single team went according to the percentages as far as slots were concerned, including Buffalo.

How is that even possible?

Did I read this right?  The NHL draft lottery had only the Kraken and the Ducks switching spots at 2nd and 3rd.  Every single team went according to the percentages as far as slots were concerned, including Buffalo.

How is that even possible?
I don't think you understand how it works. 

holy ####. dude on Montreal just got knocked out.   oh my!!

not good...stretcher on the ice

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t understand why players hit their fellow players like that. You’d think there would be a mutual respect. Unreal. 

He was frustrated all game.  No excuse, of course, but I'm sure that had something to do with it. 

I didn't think he was that type.of player. Very disheartening,  actually.

Took away from a very well played game by Montreal. 

He was frustrated all game.  No excuse, of course, but I'm sure that had something to do with it. 

I didn't think he was that type.of player. Very disheartening,  actually.

Took away from a very well played game by Montreal. 
Yeah he seemed pissed all game. That hit was scary. Gave me flashbacks to when Stevens hit Kariya and thought Kariya was dead. Different hit, but that was very scary. 

Shiefele with an incredibly dirty hit on Evans at the end of the Habs game

:angry: :(
I blame the NHL.  They let too many guys off the hook for cheap shots, and then crap like this happens.  The lack of respect for your opponents by players lately is sad to see, but the NHL has to own this one. 

Tough loss for Vegas. Battled all night. Much better performance than Game 1. Looked more fresh.

Great hockey game though. High level of play .The rest of this series is going to be must watch. 

I don't think you understand how it works. 
I guess so.  The article I read (from ESPN) states the following:

"The Sabres, who finished with an NHL-worst 15-34-7 record, had the best lottery odds at 16.6%. The Kraken had the third-best lottery odds (10.3%).

The Anaheim Ducks, who had the second-best lottery odds (12.1%), will pick third overall.

The rest of the top 10: New Jersey Devils (10.3%), Columbus Blue Jackets (8.5%), Detroit Red Wings (7.6%), San Jose Sharks (6.7%), Los Angeles Kings (5.8%), Vancouver Canucks (5.4) and Ottawa Senators (4.5%)."

The top 10, aside from 2 and 3 flip-flopping, all landed in descending order of probability, no?

I guess so.  The article I read (from ESPN) states the following:

"The Sabres, who finished with an NHL-worst 15-34-7 record, had the best lottery odds at 16.6%. The Kraken had the third-best lottery odds (10.3%).

The Anaheim Ducks, who had the second-best lottery odds (12.1%), will pick third overall.

The rest of the top 10: New Jersey Devils (10.3%), Columbus Blue Jackets (8.5%), Detroit Red Wings (7.6%), San Jose Sharks (6.7%), Los Angeles Kings (5.8%), Vancouver Canucks (5.4) and Ottawa Senators (4.5%)."

The top 10, aside from 2 and 3 flip-flopping, all landed in descending order of probability, no?
No, I didn't watch it today.... but I think they only drew two numbers for #1 and #2.   Buffalo got #1, Seattle #2.  The rest all go in order.    In prior years, they drew slots 1, 2 and 3 only.

Hope some team really loves Owen Power. 
That team is probably Buffalo ;)

This does have a "Derrick Coleman lottery win" feel to it.  Fortunately for the Sabres the two wins in 5 years rule dossn't kick in for the lottery until next year.

Probably better off Beniers kills it in pre-draft meeting etc.  It is the kind of draft where the chalk isn't as solid a bet as, say the McDavid draft.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread