What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Herbert/Roethilsberger vs possible playoffs waiver upgrades (1 Viewer)

greenmountaingoat

Footballguy
QB question for the next 3 weeks (yes we are crowning a champ based on week 17). I suspect I'll be playing for the title (crosses fingers, knocks on wood etc.)

Have: Herbert (LV, Den, KC)- I'll run him for sure week 15, Denver is iffy, KC is also iffy, they might be fighting for the only bye, that D is pretty good vs the pass and Herbert has been trending downward. My confidence in him week 16/17 is very shaky if he's under 16points again this week.

Have: Big Ben (Cin, Ind, CLE)- barring the unforeseen, he's on the bench for week 15, terrible matchup week 16 and Cleveland D is playing much better of late but Pittsburgh can't run the ball and they're going to be playing for seeding so maybe he's my guy in week 17?  I'm not convinced that he's worth keeping around given that his matchups are not great on the weeks I would want to bench Herbert. 

Waiver options: (which I would probably be dropping Ben for based on my roster construction) 

Brees (KC, Min, Car)- Middle of the road matchups 16 and 17 and not sure when he'll be healthy/ effective. And with Taysom able to step in, there's no guarantee Brees plays any games in full if they're a blowout or if there's not much to play for/ seeding. Fwiw, I doubt anyone's in a hurry to pick him up

Mayfield (NYG, NJY, Pit)- That Jets matchup is juicy. He had a good game vs Baltimore so certainly capable of putting up 20+ in week 16

Hurts (Ari, Dal, Was)= likely great on week 16. Also probably shouldn't be available.

Trubisky (Min, Jax, GB)= also likely great week 16

Rivers (Hou, Pit, Jax)= would really only be looking at week 17 for him. He'll probably be there if I want to just wait to pick him up

Am I really going to try to run the table off waivers at QB? Didn't see this coming but Herbert no longer seems to be an elite option. We had a good run my man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread