What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (13 Viewers)

Bigboy10182000 said:
We had 4 possessions in the first half. Punted twice and should have had 2 TD’s but Hurts was picked off. I have no clue how that can be Sirianni’s fault cause he used a couple RPO’s or plays that didn’t work. 
i think we can blame the 1st and 2nd down calls. the key for Hurts the past few weeks seems to have been manageable 3rd downs. the one's we had yesterday were more 3rd and longs, and didn't pan out. maybe a year in the league can help Hurts get better with those, and he certainly will have a short career if he can't adapt to those, but i do think the loss (not factoring quality of play at all) does fall a bit on the play callling

DJackson10 said:
The QBs are interesting this year. I think this QB class could be similar to the Mahomes draft where people weren't sold on the top guy. 

Malik Willis seems like the media/prospect darling because of his highlight making athleticism so we need to stay far from that. He's a similar Jackson/Vick type and I'm tired of having that type.

Matt Corral of Ole Miss has dropped off but very consistent. I wouldn't be jumping up and down on him but I also wouldn't hate the pick 

Kenny Pickett has been solid at Pitt. Quietly having a very good year could be similar to Joe Burrow. Dude has good ball placement and he moves well in the pocket and on the run. He is a tough runner if needed, he'll make one or 2 throws a game where you scratch your head but that can be worked out at the next level. He's incredible accurate with ball placement. His arm is Similar to Carr in Oak 

Sam Howell was a early favorite. Daniel Jermiah said he reminds him of Baker Mayfield. Not horrible but not great either. Some advance scouts have Howell as a day 3 pick. Howell I love the most is he throws a great high point pass so I think he'd be great learning for a year and taking over on a team with big WRs and TEs. His size reminds of Wentz/Big Ben though. 

Carson Strong out of Nevada I've yet to really see. Scouts think he's a good NFL back up but then others think he could be better then that. 2 NFL directors one website Walterfootball talked to both said he could be a day 1 pick. 

Again not a prospect here that is jumping up and down for. However would it shock me if one of these guys becomes the next Mahomes either? Absolutely not. The trick is figuring out which one that maybe. Would I take one of these guys with the first or 2nd 1st rounder? Depending what happens with that pick (Guy not there trade back or whatever) I wouldn't but if a guy fell and is there with the 3rd 1st rounder I would nab him depending on who It is. It just depends how the Eagles feel about this draft, if they have the same feelings on Hurts as they did back in January or they changed or if they feel Hurts is good enough to wait another for a QB.  It just sucks that we finally have 3 1st rounders in 1 draft and the QB class is so so.
If we just had our normal 'one' first round pick, I'd lean to drafting defense, we need some young DB and DL.

With 3 though? If a decent prospect is there with our 3rd 1st rounder I'm fine with taking one of these guys. 

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we trade one of them for a first next year if we really arent sold on any of these QB's. And I'm out on trading for Russel Wilson, he's obviously not the guy that can take a flawed team on a championship run.  As part of a great team? Sure - but we aren't that.

DJackson10 said:
The QBs are interesting this year. I think this QB class could be similar to the Mahomes draft where people weren't sold on the top guy. 

Malik Willis seems like the media/prospect darling because of his highlight making athleticism so we need to stay far from that. He's a similar Jackson/Vick type and I'm tired of having that type.

Matt Corral of Ole Miss has dropped off but very consistent. I wouldn't be jumping up and down on him but I also wouldn't hate the pick 

Kenny Pickett has been solid at Pitt. Quietly having a very good year could be similar to Joe Burrow. Dude has good ball placement and he moves well in the pocket and on the run. He is a tough runner if needed, he'll make one or 2 throws a game where you scratch your head but that can be worked out at the next level. He's incredible accurate with ball placement. His arm is Similar to Carr in Oak 

Sam Howell was a early favorite. Daniel Jermiah said he reminds him of Baker Mayfield. Not horrible but not great either. Some advance scouts have Howell as a day 3 pick. Howell I love the most is he throws a great high point pass so I think he'd be great learning for a year and taking over on a team with big WRs and TEs. His size reminds of Wentz/Big Ben though. 

Carson Strong out of Nevada I've yet to really see. Scouts think he's a good NFL back up but then others think he could be better then that. 2 NFL directors one website Walterfootball talked to both said he could be a day 1 pick. 

Again not a prospect here that is jumping up and down for. However would it shock me if one of these guys becomes the next Mahomes either? Absolutely not. The trick is figuring out which one that maybe. Would I take one of these guys with the first or 2nd 1st rounder? Depending what happens with that pick (Guy not there trade back or whatever) I wouldn't but if a guy fell and is there with the 3rd 1st rounder I would nab him depending on who It is. It just depends how the Eagles feel about this draft, if they have the same feelings on Hurts as they did back in January or they changed or if they feel Hurts is good enough to wait another for a QB.  It just sucks that we finally have 3 1st rounders in 1 draft and the QB class is so so.
If we just had our normal 'one' first round pick, I'd lean to drafting defense, we need some young DB and DL.

With 3 though? If a decent prospect is there with our 3rd 1st rounder I'm fine with taking one of these guys. 

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we trade one of them for a first next year if we really arent sold on any of these QB's. And I'm out on trading for Russel Wilson, he's obviously not the guy that can take a flawed team on a championship run.  As part of a great team? Sure - but we aren't that.

let me parce this out:

1 and 2. i think first bolded is all WIP callers. the team was getting exciting to watch, but i don't think most felt they were more than a fringe playoff team. they could have lost the last 3, and i would still say the team is more enjoyable to watch this year than last. maybe i am still damaged from last year's team. i still think he deserves to start the rest of the way and should get a fair shot at the starting job next year. 

i think biggest response i have for those doubting Hurts is what do you expect the Eagles to do. calling for Menshew is a little silly, do we really think Menshew can be the QB for the next 3 years? if there was an obvious choice or someone on the bench waiting, then maybe they could bench Hurts. but let him play it out and enjoy the more visually enjoyable games this year i say.

3. i think the other factors in the game were significant. do you give Hurts any credit for the wins this year? i think he has done well at points, and i do think some of the faults from yesterday do need to fall on the strange change in play calling. i haven't caught up too much, but really am curious to know why they didn't try running more earlier on. 

4. i don't listen to WIP or any of the sports media much anymore, but if anybody is suggesting the 4th point bolded i think it is nuts. There was just no way Wentz could have panned out here after last year. i don't know all that went into it, and it really is fascinating to think about, but i think we need to just let Wentz go. i am glad i have, and since i cut ties, i can say i am actually happy for the kid that he is doing well and bouncing back. a few months ago it would have been more of angst with the kid, but feels good to just agree both sides moved on, and both seem to be better for it
Fully understand this take. I'm a long way from sold on Hurts but can understand the argument he needs the full year to evaluate. Just not holding my breathe...if there's a guy they like available to them on day one they should take them....let Hurts fight for the job.

MOST Qb's DON'T see huge significant improvements in accuracy unless there's a glaring mechanical flaw to fix. I don't think Hurts has a glaring mechancial flaw....which means he's not likely to get much more accurate. He's exciting to watch, he says and does the right things, but all accounts he's a great team mate. I just don't see a QB likely to lead a team to the promised land. He LOOKS like a top notch backup or a transitional starter, AND THAT'S OK! It's exactly what he was drafted to be. So there's a middle ground here. He's a good kid and fun to watch so lets enjoy it, but lets not pin our future hopes on him either. (Again, let him start as much as possible this year and see if something changes.)

Fully understand this take. I'm a long way from sold on Hurts but can understand the argument he needs the full year to evaluate. Just not holding my breathe...if there's a guy they like available to them on day one they should take them....let Hurts fight for the job.

MOST Qb's DON'T see huge significant improvements in accuracy unless there's a glaring mechanical flaw to fix. I don't think Hurts has a glaring mechancial flaw....which means he's not likely to get much more accurate. He's exciting to watch, he says and does the right things, but all accounts he's a great team mate. I just don't see a QB likely to lead a team to the promised land. He LOOKS like a top notch backup or a transitional starter, AND THAT'S OK! It's exactly what he was drafted to be. So there's a middle ground here. He's a good kid and fun to watch so lets enjoy it, but lets not pin our future hopes on him either. (Again, let him start as much as possible this year and see if something changes.)
You could have stuck this post in a Tyrod Taylor thread a few years back and been dead on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In-depth article around Wentz and his exit from Philly on The Athletic today:

Carson Wentz, Chapter 2: Life after the benching, the trade, the hate as he revives his career with the Colts

For non-subscribers, here's some of the Philly-relevant parts: 

He stood there stunned, hands on hips, eyes fixed forward, gaze locked on a field he wasn’t on and a future he didn’t recognize. He tried to settle himself, tried to stay in the moment. He clapped when his replacement scrambled for a chunk of yards, cheered when he threw for a touchdown on fourth-and-18, but inside, deep within him, Carson Wentz couldn’t help but seethe. His mind started to race. He couldn’t slow it down.

He’d been benched for the first time in his life. Like a lot of quarterbacks, Wentz craves control, always has — he was the 10-year-old who’d not only bring his own football to recess but also pick the teams — and here, in the 12th game of his fifth NFL season, he was playing so poorly that it’d been ripped from him. “Jalen’s going in the next series,” was all head coach Doug Pederson had told him, and in the moments that followed, Wentz stood there in silence, wondering what it all meant.

“Is it for this drive?” he asked himself on the sideline. “For this game? For this season? For good?”

He kept staring.

It was an awful day amid an awful season. It was Week 13 last winter — a year ago this week — and Wentz’s Eagles were getting routed in Green Bay. He’d gone 5-for-12 in the first half for 38 yards, never completing consecutive throws. He’d been sacked four times and hurried 11 other times. The offense was lifeless, the QB lousy, the team lost.
On his second attempt of the second half, Wentz missed tight end Zach Ertz badly, his throw low and wide. “That pass should’ve been more accurate,” CBS’s Jim Nantz noted on the air. Pederson made the call one play later after Wentz forced a throw down the sideline that had no chance. Wentz was pulled. Jalen Hurts took over.

The Eagles were on their way to a fourth consecutive loss. The record was 3-8-1.

He kept staring.

And while he did, his mind crept forward, a thousand thoughts crashing into him at once. To that point, Wentz had never pictured playing anywhere else. Never needed to. “You sign that kind of contract,” Wentz says of the $128 million deal he’d been awarded 18 months prior, “and you tell yourself this is gonna be home for a while.”

But standing on that sideline at Lambeau Field, he started to.

Maybe this isn’t it, he thought to himself.

Maybe he wanted out.

Maybe he needed out.

He kept staring.

A month and a half later, Carson Wentz sat in a duck blind in the Texas wilderness, the same thoughts scrambling his mind. For weeks he’d tried to silence them. He’d turned down season-ending interviews. He’d gone dark on social media. He’d told his agent, Ryan Tollner, to filter out the noise. Wentz walled himself off from the outside world, retreating to his ranch outside of Houston, a quarterback at the crossroads of his career.

“What’s next?” his buddies would ask.

“I honestly don’t know,” he’d have to tell them.

His benching lasted the rest of the season. Wentz never took another snap for the Eagles. After Philadelphia’s Week 17 loss to Washington — Wentz was a healthy scratch for the first time in his career — he showered, slipped on his clothes and returned to an empty sideline at Lincoln Financial Field. He sat with two longtime teammates, Ertz and center Jason Kelce, well past midnight. A light rain trickled down. The scene spoke to the uncertainty that swirled around the franchise and its $128 million QB.

Was it over?

Did Carson Wentz want out?

Ten months later, he’s asked for an answer.

“That’s a great question,” he says. “I’m certainly appreciative of my time there. Five incredible years, with some good, some bad, some ugly, some injuries, some trying times, us winning a Super Bowl ring while I was on the sideline. Made some incredible friends.

“But I think the way things ended, (a split) was best for both sides.”

Eagles general manager Howie Roseman confirmed in the months that followed that Tollner informed the Eagles it was Wentz’s preference to move on. Philly would facilitate a trade only if it worked for them.
Somewhere in between the injuries and the interceptions, the early promise and the unfulfilled expectations, the benching and the Philly Voice article, the Nick Foles statue and the drafting of Jalen Hurts, Carson Wentz became a lightning rod in Philadelphia. He was loved by some but loathed by plenty more. The middle ground vanished.

Across five seasons, he heard it all. Savior. Quitter. Soft. Scared. Selfish.

“Villainous,” one Philadelphia columnist called Wentz after the trade. “Sinful.”

How’d it get so bad?

Why’d it get so bad?

“To be blunt, that’s Philly,” Wentz says now. “That’s just who they are. They’re passionate. It made it a lot of fun for a lot of years playing there. They’re always passionate. They’re blunt.

“I think I was the same guy, giving it everything I could on the field and everything I could off the field to make a difference. I can only control who I am. I can’t let that type of stuff change me.”

He tried. But over the years, it began to wear on him. There were times he was selfish, he’s admitted, times his style of play didn’t help, that go-for-broke mindset that makes Wentz such a tantalizing talent but also a frequent target for blame. He tends to play hero ball, and he knows it. It can backfire in spectacular fashion. Plenty of the Eagles’ issues last year weren’t Wentz’s fault. But plenty were.
But Wentz is gonna Wentz, and watching him scramble as a play breaks down can feel like watching a heart attack unfold in real time. There was the left-handed interception against Tennessee, then the unconscionable pick that buried the Colts in overtime. The replays became a flashpoint for Wentz’s unnecessary risk-taking. The pundits piled on.

What exactly was he thinking?

The question was more than fair. He’d cost the Colts a game they desperately needed.
He’s asked what else he’s learned over the last 12 months, since he stood on that sideline in Green Bay, hands on hips, wondering what it all meant, wondering what his future would look like.

“Last year pissed me off so much,” he said in the spring, still angry.

Does it still?

Did he ever stop loving the game?

“Man, there were times that were rough,” he says, thinking on it for a moment.

“It’s been cool how everything unfolded and we ended up coming here. I don’t think the light ever went off last year, but I can tell you now it’s back on brighter than it’s ever been.”

I do think they have to be sold on a QB, they can't just draft a QB just to take one.  Ending up with a Daniel Jones type puts you in limbo.  He's good enough that you talk yourself into giving him a few years but probably not good enough to ever really be a franchise QB.

And it still holds true for Tyrod. Fun to watch, not a guy who's gonna win a title....fantastic backup. You don't want him as your starter but would love to have him on your team
I hope Hurts makes a Josh Allen like improvement but this is probably where he ends up.  There is no shame in being like the 30th best QB in the world, he's just probably isn't going to be accurate enough to be a top 10-15 guy.

I hope Hurts makes a Josh Allen like improvement but this is probably where he ends up.  There is no shame in being like the 30th best QB in the world, he's just probably isn't going to be accurate enough to be a top 10-15 guy.
NOt sure he needs to be THAT much more accurate given his running ability, but he does need to be a lot smarter. And plays like the final play of the first half are far from reassuring...THAT play should never happen for an NFL QB, even if you're a rookie free agent in a preseason game. A lot of poor decisions this year for him. And that's an area where improvement is more realistic.

Carson Wentz, Chapter 2: Life after the benching, the trade, the hate as he revives his career with the Colts

Wentz is actually having a fantastic year. 21 TDs and 5 ints. 2790 yards and a 96 QB rating.  He definitely needed to leave Philly though. He wouldn't have had those numbers here.  It was a great move for both teams.

Wouldn't say 2TDs but at the very least 2FGs 

i think we can blame the 1st and 2nd down calls. the key for Hurts the past few weeks seems to have been manageable 3rd downs. the one's we had yesterday were more 3rd and longs, and didn't pan out. maybe a year in the league can help Hurts get better with those, and he certainly will have a short career if he can't adapt to those, but i do think the loss (not factoring quality of play at all) does fall a bit on the play callling
This is what I mean with the play calling,  assuming you mean the plays from the goal line. You had a missed block by Herbig which would have allowed Hurts to score on the run and he hits Ward in the hands on the second down play. These 100% are good play calls. The result of the play does not mean it was a bad call. You can have a bad play call that results in a positive outcome. A jump ball for big yards in double coverage, a scramble for a big gain etc. Simply because the play didn’t net yards does in no way mean it was a bad play call. Even early on in the season. It’s not a bad play call when you’re scheming WR’s open constantly. It’s the exact opposite of bad. 

I mean he's literally at 60% this year?
And that’s good for 28th in the league which is crazy. 

Our side didnt have the choice to keep him either, because Whiny McWentz demanded out.
Philly fans got what they deserved with Wentz (And I say that as an Eagles fan). He was pretty much treated like s*** by the fanbase and the front office/coaching staff as soon as he got injured in 2017.  I'm glad he left and even more glad that he's playing at such a high level. 

Philly fans got what they deserved with Wentz (And I say that as an Eagles fan). He was pretty much treated like s*** by the fanbase and the front office/coaching staff as soon as he got injured in 2017.  I'm glad he left and even more glad that he's playing at such a high level. 

If being signed to a 128 million dollar deal with 66 million guaranteed is being treated like ####, I need to find some people to treat me that way.

This 'he was treated badly after his injury' is revisionist garbage. He was mad he got benched, thats it. Everything before that was FINE.  He signed his contract in 2019, AFTER Nick Foles left, so the whole "waah the team kept Nick Foles an extra year" is ridiculous. Fans cheered him constantly, he was booked for appearances all over the place (even TWICE within 10 minutes of you, Mr Quakertown).  He wasn't mad about that. He's a whiny diva that couldn't handle being benched, period.

Wentz is about due for his annual season ending injury and/or meltdown.   Just watch.    It's inevitable.    Like friggin thanos

Yeah none of them are stand outs but I'm not reaching. Do I have a Preference in players? Corral would be one of the guys, Kenny Pickett and Sam Howell. Intriguing guy If he falls in the 2nd round depending what we do in round 1 would be Desmond Ridder. I haven't seen a ton of him but he's another Mahomes type in making different throws at different angles. Some have compared him to Josh Allen. he's a guy who could sit for a year then become a starter in year 2 as well. 

I won't reach for any of these guys. I could see 1 of those picks traded for a future 1st rounder. And I've been on board of not trading picks for a Wilson/Watson etc for that exact reason above 

Wentz is actually having a fantastic year. 21 TDs and 5 ints. 2790 yards and a 96 QB rating.  He definitely needed to leave Philly though. He wouldn't have had those numbers here.  It was a great move for both teams.

Yeah unfortunately it was one of those he had to leave to get better. Unfortunately the wrong coach left in Riech and not Pederson at the time and I think a lot of us devalued how good Frank Reich was here for Wentz and Pederson himself. 

This doesn't mean Wentz is soft or a quitter. He knew for himself and this organization staying together wasn't gonna work long term. It's like the couple who choose to divorce. It's not because someone cheated or something but they knew to live their best lives it was best to mutually split. I also think Roseman still being involved had a lot to do with Wentz's decision too. Just from reading stuff and stuff I've heard not just on Wentz but with other players. The main issue in Howie is still here. 

Also a little story. At work I have a customer who never liked Wentz. I finally asked him 3 months ago as he never told me (He told me months before he heard some stuff from people) so he told me. Basically he has a friend who sells cars and the dealer ship he got his Land Rover from did a custom body job with some religious and A1 Foundation stuff for him. Based on talks with his buddy I think he felt Carson was one of those fake christians who used religion to look better in the public eye similar to how some use charity work in religious sectors as a tax write off. He was so happy Wentz was gone. Today he comes in and says to me "give me your Wentz Jersey." I asked why and he said you saw the game right? Yeah Hurts played bad and I guess you saw the Colts game where Carson threw for 300 yds on the same defense our guy got nothing. Yeah I want him back on the team now. 

Just a funny story because here's a guy who hated Wentz so much he was glad he was gone. Now that he's seen Hurts for a bit he now wants the guy he didn't personally like back. He did admit he was a good player though and he just hated him personally. 

I'm honestly at that point. The sad thinning is there was a guy on the other side of the street they should've treated worse but defended him religious. You could say they got what they deserved on that side of the street as well. 

It just was always comical to me as a Philly fan how some fans defend certain players who should be torn down but will tear down anyone who they don't think is ""philly enough" AKA IMHO a cop out to I can't debate why I don't like said athlete, or because people thought they were more then they really should be talent wise. 

Look at Mike Schmidt and his relationship with Philly fans over the years great example. Despite helping them win a World Series Howard and Rollins got trashed. Meanwhile Chase Utley's last years as a Phillie was pretty forgetable and horrible struggles and everyone cheered the guy still. 

Meanwhile with the Eagles the starter is never the most popular QB its always the back up. Koy Detmer and whoever else backed up McNabb to Foles over Wentz. We're a fickle bunch at times. 

We've obviously been following the Eagles draft position but if the season ended today the Jets would pick 4 and 5, the Giants 6 and 7 and the Eagles 9, 10 and 14.  Things will change but it would be fascinating to have 3 teams control 6 of the top 10 picks.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl
Interesting.  I think the Eagles are 8, 9, and 14 though.

Crazy that right now, New York gets 4 picks in the top 7.

Wentz is about due for his annual season ending injury and/or meltdown.   Just watch.    It's inevitable.    Like friggin thanos
Yep, just hope it comes after this week's game. He plays the full snaps this week and it pretty much clinches the 1st rounder. 

If being signed to a 128 million dollar deal with 66 million guaranteed is being treated like ####, I need to find some people to treat me that way.

This 'he was treated badly after his injury' is revisionist garbage. He was mad he got benched, thats it. Everything before that was FINE.  He signed his contract in 2019, AFTER Nick Foles left, so the whole "waah the team kept Nick Foles an extra year" is ridiculous. Fans cheered him constantly, he was booked for appearances all over the place (even TWICE within 10 minutes of you, Mr Quakertown).  He wasn't mad about that. He's a whiny diva that couldn't handle being benched, period.
I'm not arguing that he's not a whiny diva.  My point is, he was the best QB in the league in 2017. Frontrunner for MVP when he busted up his knee (Diving for a TD I might add). He earned the Eagles home field advantage throughout the playoffs. And then he was treated as if it was all Foles and Wentz had nothing to do with it. Without Wentz and homefield, we're still talking about the 1960 championship team as our crowning achievement. 

After that, fans were actually calling for the Eagles to go with Foles instead of Wentz. Nick Foles.  Who's failed everywhere he's ever played. And continued to fail after he signed his big post-Super Bowl contract. Not even a top 50 QB in the league and fans were treating him like a God and the actual top flight QB like he was soft. The guy who played multiple games with a broken back.  Then they proceed to draft a QB in the second round in 2019.   I have zero problem with him wanting to leave. 

Meanwhile, he's having a 21 TD, 5 int season and looks to be nearly back to the elite QB we had in 2017.  While we have Jalen Hurts.  Hopefully, the first rounder turns out to be an impact player. Wouldn't it be ironic if it turns out to be a quarterback? 

i read it yesterday. lengthy read, but was interesting and did help to paint a better picture of what went down on that whole move. i think almost all realized it, but it does show there was no way it could work out after Wentz got benched. i wonder how many other players are like that.

and everyone seems to be focused on what Hurts did wrong this game, but watching some of the replay, both of his passes to Raegor in that 4th Q were pretty beautiful. perfect location with the right amount of touch

and everyone seems to be focused on what Hurts did wrong this game, but watching some of the replay, both of his passes to Raegor in that 4th Q were pretty beautiful. perfect location with the right amount of touch

Which pretty much puts him squarely in this camp:

It’s beginning to feel like Hurts’ ceiling is: QB who can gut out a win in many of the games where his flaws put his team on the brink of losing. 

Can you imagine what's gonna happen if Minshew starts and looks good against the Jets? Even this thread, which has pretty level-headed, informed posters is going to be unbearable. Philly always loves "the other guy".

Worst case scenario is Minshew starting. Because if we win (which we probably will since it's the Jets) more than half the town will never believe in Hurts again. 

Hurts needs to start and if it's shown he's too hurt to continue then so be it. But we can't have Minshew start. That will be a disaster. 

Worst case scenario is Minshew starting. Because if we win (which we probably will since it's the Jets) more than half the town will never believe in Hurts again. 

Hurts needs to start and if it's shown he's too hurt to continue then so be it. But we can't have Minshew start. That will be a disaster. 
I actually disagree. Hurts is still the gritty Philly type and will be welcomed back the second Minshew had a bad quarter. 

It’s all about the grit here. Be good but don’t know it or even act like it while patting the fans on their head. 

I'm afraid if Minshew plays, Hurts career as an Eagle is over. I fully expect Minshew to be dropping dimes all day long.

I'm afraid if Minshew plays, Hurts career as an Eagle is over. I fully expect Minshew to be dropping dimes all day long.

The Philly media just loves a QB controversiy it's how most of these Wannabe NY Reporters keep their jobs. Writing BS and getting clicks. Why do you think a guy like Jeff McLane still has a job? Not because he's a good reporter/writer but because he comes up with enough click bait material to get hits for the website. 

@DJackson10 I don't live in Philly or follow Philly sports writers. I always comment from what I see on the field. 

When the Jags drafted T. Law. Minshew stayed to find out what his role would be. The only reason Minshew chose Philly was because Wentz wasn't here and he feels like he has a shot. Minshew is a badass locker room guy just waiting for his shot again. 

Our defense held the Giants to 13 points and we lost. Reagor played like dog#### but Hurts cost us the game. Just look at the tape. Hurts made horrible reads followed by worst decisions. If Hurts is hurt and can't play, then Minshew it is. Honestly, it can't get much worse. At least Minshew has proven he can win with a crap team. Imagine what a QB who can read a defense could do with these guys?

This is Hurts first INT. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/r643ku/to_the_people_saying_hurts_made_the_right_read_on/

Hurts final play. Smith wide open.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tayI4lRRJto

I needed some days to process this giants game but it seems like the game plan came from up top. Like Nick had Howie and Jeffery in his ear. Seriously is Jeffery becoming Jerry 2.0? How can we fire Jeffery and Howie?

We have three 1st round picks coming up. We must fire Howie!!!

@DJackson10 I don't live in Philly or follow Philly sports writers. I always comment from what I see on the field. 

When the Jags drafted T. Law. Minshew stayed to find out what his role would be. The only reason Minshew chose Philly was because Wentz wasn't here and he feels like he has a shot. Minshew is a badass locker room guy just waiting for his shot again. 

Our defense held the Giants to 13 points and we lost. Reagor played like dog#### but Hurts cost us the game. Just look at the tape. Hurts made horrible reads followed by worst decisions. If Hurts is hurt and can't play, then Minshew it is. Honestly, it can't get much worse. At least Minshew has proven he can win with a crap team. Imagine what a QB who can read a defense could do with these guys?

This is Hurts first INT. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/r643ku/to_the_people_saying_hurts_made_the_right_read_on/

Hurts final play. Smith wide open.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tayI4lRRJto

I needed some days to process this giants game but it seems like the game plan came from up top. Like Nick had Howie and Jeffery in his ear. Seriously is Jeffery becoming Jerry 2.0? How can we fire Jeffery and Howie?

We have three 1st round picks coming up. We must fire Howie!!!

The Lurie Nonsense is coming from howie guys.I also feel some people just hate Lurie do to his political beliefs or other vendettas that are stupid and will latch onto any rumor that puts him in bad light. Lurie is just like us fans win at all costs. Doesn't care if we throw it 50 times or run it 50 times as long as we win.

The final play was pretty bad. 24 seconds left near the RZ why are we going to the EZ when we need just a first. Have a few guys run deep to the 10 yds and have a guy at the first down marker by the sideline and another over the middle for the 1st. Everyone doesn't need to run to the EZ. That's just poor football IQ right there. Plenty of time to run a play to the sideline and get out and run a few more plays. Plenty of time to use middle of the field get up and spike it. Infuriating no one has asked yet was this a designed play to go to EZ and if so why with the reasons stated above? Did Hurts change the play in the huddle, someone run a wrong route? My theory is either Hurts flat-out missed Smith or wasn't comfortable throwing that pass and if so that's an issue. Did he get shy from the last few INTs he threw that game? 

Hurts first two picks were infuriating and stuff my HS coach benched our QBs for. He played at UT as an OL when Conridge Halloway played. Go watch the ESPN 30 for 30 on him if you haven't great documentary. It's basic HS stuff that Hurts and QBs similar to him make constantly all the time that makes me more frustrated then them. I don't have fun watching these guys because they make basic HS mistakes they shouldn't make in the pros. 

My point is a lot of people here love the back up and our media is always driving some QB controversy or some controversy just to drive one. I would like to see Hurts not play maybe the final 3-4 games if we are mathematically out just to see what Sirianni can do with a different QB and this offense. I think 14 games is enough of an evaluation for Hurts for them to go into the offseason on. I think if we had to wait a year on a QB if Hurts isn't it MinShew is a serviceable guy for a year or so. I agree with you but it's more so not just because of Minshew play but the media would make it so to the point there is no going back to Hurts. 

and man, i didn't think we would still have Hurts bashing in here still, but i guess it is, what it is. Good point from Doug P. regarding Hurts, having to learn a whole new system this year, and trying to adjust on the fly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsALOh_g_IQ&ab_channel=NBCSportsPhiladelphia

he sounds much happier and refreshed now, i am happy for him. would like to see him get a gig again with someone

I don't think he was a terrible coach. But he needs to learn to stop being too friendly with his other coaches and giving them carte blanche. His biggest issue was Jim Schwartz once he got lazy after the SB. No repercussions or telling him to knock it off. Others saw this as an ok to slack off. Like I said my Co workers son was his Defensive assistant and practically ran the defense because of Schwartz being so lazy. It's amazing how he wanted off for health reasons but is back in an advisory role with the Titans defense. Sounds like he pulled an Urban Meyer. Players start seeing this and when they see coaches slacking off it's their cue to do so. I think Carson saw all of this and started to wonder WTF am I still doing here I'd be much happier else where. Doug had to go at that point. 

Hopefully he's learned from that. Andy had tremendous success and is running the offense he always wanted here in KC now but with the same philosophy as back then. Hopefully Doug finds success when he gets back in the game again. 

Go watch the highlights of his Aussie Rules Football days of whats there on Youtube. They are something 
yeah i have watched a lot of those. and i believe it was rugby, not nec. Aussie rules football. i played Rugby for 4 years, and have been tempted to jump back in with a former coach reaching out to join the men's clubs. i can't even imagine seeing that guy run the ball at me having to tackle him. 

if there was one thing i wish Siriani would do it would be to design 1-3 plays for Mailata to get the ball. imagine if he can somehow break past the DL, secondary and probably most LBers would likely run the opposite way seeing him run at them

Some Twitter fodder I found. Link

Jalen Hurts QBR this season (0-to-100 scale):

Targeting Jalen Reagor (5.8)
Targeting all others (65.6)

No player in the NFL is sabotaging his QB more than Reagor is.

and man, i didn't think we would still have Hurts bashing in here still, but i guess it is, what it is. Good point from Doug P. regarding Hurts, having to learn a whole new system this year, and trying to adjust on the fly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsALOh_g_IQ&ab_channel=NBCSportsPhiladelphia

he sounds much happier and refreshed now, i am happy for him. would like to see him get a gig again with someone
Interesting.  I somehow never saw this before.  This was actually 9 months ago too... wonder what he's doing now.

Users who are viewing this thread