What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Updated Forum Software From Invision 1.11.21 (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hey Folks,

We've installed the update from Invision and you can see the forums look slightly different. Hopefully better. 

Mainly hope this helps with stability issues. We'd had trouble there and getting gateway errors. They think this will solve it. 

I did see the popup asking to sign up for the email update that is on the main site and we'll get that removed. I know people won't like that. 

I know nobody, including me, likes familiar things to change but this was needed to solve the stability problem. Please bear with us and give it a chance if there's stuff on the new version you don't like as much. 

Thanks. 

Hey Folks,

We've installed the update from Invision and you can see the forums look slightly different. Hopefully better. 

Mainly hope this helps with stability issues. We'd had trouble there and getting gateway errors. They think this will solve it. 

I did see the popup asking to sign up for the email update that is on the main site and we'll get that removed. I know people won't like that. 

I know nobody, including me, likes familiar things to change but this was needed to solve the stability problem. Please bear with us and give it a chance if there's stuff on the new version you don't like as much. 

Thanks. 
Ever thought about going retro with Old Yeller?

Right after the last big update (February 2016?), there was a period of a few weeks where several look-&-feel items were smoothed out. An example would be the prominent circled stars that mark a read post -- originally, those were just nondescript stars that looked much like the dots at a glance. At the moment, the circled stars are gone and the ordinary stars are marking read posts.

Might we be seeing some subtle look-&-feel changes going forward? Just kind of guiding it in easy?

Looks like post-editing is gone for now, too. Or was that intentional?
Working for me

Edited 9 minutes ago by JAA
yessir
I no longer see a post-edit button at the bottom of posts -- just the multi-quote button and the "quote" button. On a Windows 10 laptop, using Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Right after the last big update (February 2016?), there was a period of a few weeks where several look-&-feel items were smoothed out. An example would be the prominent circled stars that mark a read post -- originally, those were just nondescript stars that looked much like the dots at a glance. At the moment, the circled stars are gone and the ordinary stars are marking read posts.

Might we be seeing some subtle look-&-feel changes going forward? Just kind of guiding it in easy?
I definitely grew to like the circled stars. This bare star look is too nondescript IMO.

The General said:
Everything working for me.

One thing for me: On mobile there is “reCaptcha” security logo thing on the bottom of the screen. Can’t figure out how to get rid of it. Anyone?
I see that reCaptcha logo on desktop as well.

On a cell phone it’s pretty big and if you accidentally touch it, it expands and is like a quarter the size of the keyboard :lol:
Not a great UX for sure. Seems treatment on desktop is much smaller an innocuous, but can still force you to have to scroll so it isn't covering the "submit Reply" or reaction icons. To your point, getting rid of it is the ideal.

I see that reCaptcha logo on desktop as well.
On a cell phone it’s pretty big and if you accidentally touch it, it expands and is like a quarter the size of the keyboard :lol:
I swear it wasn't there on desktop until about an hour ago. Wonder if they're tweaking some things to try to get rid of it.

If you're on desktop and use the uBlock Origin extension for ad blocking, you can right click on the little guy and choose "block element" to get rid of it. I'm guessing @Joe Bryant could have someone update the custom CSS for the board to set "visibility: hidden;" on the .grecaptcha-badge class, too. But I don't know how much control Invision gives you over CSS stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same. Seven or eight times over about 5 1/2 hours. Bounces back up, at least -- the outages aren't extended.
No they aren't too long but are quite annoying.  Happened a bunch of times again to me this evening...seems worse then before this patch...at least for me   @Joe Bryant I have some screenshots of the errors if you want them for any reason.  

I swear it wasn't there on desktop until about an hour ago. Wonder if they're tweaking some things to try to get rid of it.

If you're on desktop and use the uBlock Origin extension for ad blocking, you can right click on the little guy and choose "block element" to get rid of it. I'm guessing @Joe Bryant could have someone update the custom CSS for the board to set "visibility: hidden;" on the .grecaptcha-badge class, too. But I don't know how much control Invision gives you over CSS stuff.
Look at you with your larnin'.

Also, I was having continued problem with intermittent 500 level error messages. The forum would be ok for a few minutes and then after a few pages, I'd get the error.

Clearing cached images and files in my Chrome Browser seems to have helped with this so far.

If you're having trouble, maybe try clearing caches in your browser.

Apologies for the trouble. We pay Invision a bunch of money each month to host these and it's beyond frustrating to have them buggy. 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Was there ever a fix for the privacy term logo thing? Looks good imo except for the font size still being way too tiny. Can change that on screen zoom on Android but then everything else on the phone is too big.

Oops. Posted in the pinned "upgrade" thread before I saw this new one.. 

Good and bad. I do like some of the changes here, especially the quotes being shortened with an option to expand the quoted section if I want to see the entire quote. That's good.

Agree with others about wasted horizontal space.

Running at 1080p on a desktop inside a thread, the comments section is barely over half the available width. Huge empty bars on the left and right, plus the width consumed by the thread stats, causes each comment to be taller than it would if it used all the width available. Taller comments require more scrolling.

Absolutely LOVE the "top posters in this thread" feature.  Makes determining if it's worth jumping into the middle of a thread worth while....AWESOME feature!  :thumbup:  

Users who are viewing this thread