What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Ted Cruz Thread***** (1 Viewer)

So he deserves to be mocked?  Okie dokie. 
When it is fact it is not mocking.  The owners of this site have warned him a number of times to stop posting just tweets without content.   He likes to get people riled up and it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your second sentence really necessary? What do you get out of attacking him?
The same thing the others here do. The criticism isn't accurate as majority of my tweet posts are news item, not any different than what Faust posts in the SP. 

And there are dozens of tweets here posted everyday in this forum but never a single word of complaint about any of those. Nor about the threads started by GG with multiple links and quotes that no one has the time to read, let alone respond to. 

There's a long list of things I'd criticize Ted Cruz for. Wanting to get out of Texas right now isn't on that list. If I were in Texas, I'd want to leave too.

Beto O'Rourke is doing great stuff to help Texans through the current situation, but I don't think it's fair to hold Cruz to that standard. We can't all be Beto O'Rourke.

There's a long list of things I'd criticize Ted Cruz for. Wanting to get out of Texas right now isn't on that list. If I were in Texas, I'd want to leave too.

Beto O'Rourke is doing great stuff to help Texans through the current situation, but I don't think it's fair to hold Cruz to that standard. We can't all be Beto O'Rourke.
Its still funny, though. There are still jokes to be made.

We can't all be Beto O'Rourke, maybe.  But I'd like to think we can expect a sitting US Senator to be like Beto O'Rourke during the worst crisis his/her state has seen in... dunno.  Decades?

• Love
Reactions: JAA
I think it’s a lot of confirmation bias.  People don’t like Ted.  Ted went to warm weather while other Texans have it bad.  Easy to go “See!  Ted sucks.”

“Ted should be doing more to help.”  Cornyn is in Texas.  He’s posting resources  on twitter and he website.  Cruz can do the same.  

No one seems bothered by Cornyn’s lack of action.  But because we already dislike Cruz, how dare he not be out there distributing blankets?

Dare I say Cruz is kind of genius here.  Not only does he avoid the freeze, he gets the person he beat in the election to do his job for him and not have to pay him.  I wish I could get the person that came in 2nd for my job to do it for me while I still collected the paychecks.   

Hey guys, I’ll be right back.  Gotta drop off my kids in Hawaii.  I’m bringing a huge carry on in case I get stuck there and have to do some golfing. 

Just reported on MSNBC:

A source with knowledge of the situation tells NBC News that Ted Cruz booked his return ticket from Cancun to Texas at 6 a.m. today. Cruz was initially booked to return on Saturday.

Just reported on MSNBC:

A source with knowledge of the situation tells NBC News that Ted Cruz booked his return ticket from Cancun to Texas at 6 a.m. today. Cruz was initially booked to return on Saturday.
Well but what about those AOC windmills that failed to bring Electricity to millions of Texans?  Huh?  I blame Biden.

He should be removed from office under the 14th Amendment, not because of this nonsense. 

But if this leads to it... well,  they got Capone on tax evasion, so....
:goodposting:  The other guy was treated like he was just Frank X. Citizen too when he was elected to lead.  I don't understand why some people act as if these elected officials were drafted into their positions as if they didn't have a choice in the matter. LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!! 

He should be removed from office under the 14th Amendment, not because of this nonsense. 

But if this leads to it... well,  they got Capone on tax evasion, so....
That’s not happening. People fed up of his bull#### and voting him out is the only way he leaves.

Dare I say Cruz is kind of genius here.  Not only does he avoid the freeze, he gets the person he beat in the election to do his job for him and not have to pay him.  I wish I could get the person that came in 2nd for my job to do it for me while I still collected the paychecks.   
It’s truly infuriating people keep voting against their own interests. Why would anybody vote for this man, even before this?

I think it’s a lot of confirmation bias.  People don’t like Ted.  Ted went to warm weather while other Texans have it bad.  Easy to go “See!  Ted sucks.”

“Ted should be doing more to help.”  Cornyn is in Texas.  He’s posting resources  on twitter and he website.  Cruz can do the same.  

No one seems bothered by Cornyn’s lack of action.  But because we already dislike Cruz, how dare he not be out there distributing blankets?
Trump at least threw paper towels at Puerto Ricans.

You'd think that a guy who wants to be POTUS one day would realize that being on the ground; being with people who just suffered a horrible disaster....even if its to glad hand and hand out blankets is a better optic than fleeing to go sun yourself on a beach away from the problem. 

The same thing the others here do. The criticism isn't accurate as majority of my tweet posts are news item, not any different than what Faust posts in the SP. 

And there are dozens of tweets here posted everyday in this forum but never a single word of complaint about any of those. Nor about the threads started by GG with multiple links and quotes that no one has the time to read, let alone respond to. 
Faust provides an amazing service and is probably the most valuable poster in the shark pool. Please don't compare what you do to what Faust does. 

I like how Ted sold out people who hate him who were begrudgingly saying it’s cool for him to bail and go to Cancun.

He’s a peach. 

He was one of the main Trump voter fraud lie water carriers in the Senate. He’s everyone’s problem unfortunately.
In terms of gaining any power, and causing real damage, I'm not scared of him. He's so unlikable. He's Michael from The Office.  In terms of entertainment value, it's important that he run for President again. 

The self-owns at this point can be counted on, and will probably be the highlight of  the unholy battle royale (Rubio/Hawley/DJR/Pence) we are looking at over the next four years. 

Not really.  He was elected by TX.  He is TX representative.  How can I have issue with that?
He’s not just a Texas problem was my point.
I understand what you are saying, but I disagree.  He is a duly elected representative from the state of TX.  I respect his choices to act according to how his constituents want him to act.  If they don't care he flies to Cancun, they why should I care?

With regard to his voting, again - he represents his constituents.  Someone has to represent TX and they chose him.  I feel that should be respected.

:2cents:

Faust provides an amazing service and is probably the most valuable poster in the shark pool. Please don't compare what you do to what Faust does. 
Faust has to read the thread, gather the tone of it, post something relevant and on-topic to the conversation, and usually has it on call to do so. His posts generally even fit the ebb and flow of the conversation and are drawn from a disparate and wide source material pool. All of this makes one unlike the other.

I realize that’s not directly something a Senator does but they may need to petition for federal funds, etc. He is probably the most powerful and influential Texan in politics. Seems like there should be some kind of role for him in the disaster. Fleeing to another country sends a pretty clear message what he thinks his role is and what he thinks of people stuck in Texas.
I suspect he will be doing a lot in the next several days. So the answer is whatever he does in the next several days is what he could have been doing. 

Users who are viewing this thread