What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Ted Cruz Thread***** (3 Viewers)

For a guy who's been objectively successful as a politician, it seems like Cruz is disliked by pretty much literally everybody who's ever met him.  That's honestly kind of amazing.
It is amazing on 2 accounts. I am genuinely amazed he can get support. Getting support from voters is one thing. Most of them have not met him. However to run successful campaign you need to get enthusiastic support from volunteers and staff. 

The second count might honestly be even more amazing. It is hard to be that disliked. You have to give to to Cruz. He really is world class at being a unlikable. 

Yup. He already gave up on that lie.

He half-heartedly tried to say he came back because he didn’t want this story to take away from the real story of Texans suffering but even he couldn’t make it through that and aborted like 3/4 of the way through. 
Never mind. 

Last edited by a moderator:
AOC has now raised 2 million. Maybe Ted leaving was the best thing he could have done. 
Beto (an unelected private citizen) and AOC (a Congresswoman from the Bronx) have done more in the last few days to help the people of Texas than Ted Cruz, John Cornyn or the Texas State government.

Sea Duck said:
I saw that Hannity was still trying to tell his viewers that Cruz was just planning a quick roundtrip to drop off his family, even as Cruz was admitting to the lie. Gotta get your stories straight guys! That's a total Brocode violation right there.
Is that what he said? Damn, my finacee’s dad has unfortunately became a big Fox News guy in the Trump era and gets more extreme by the day it seems. It’s scary to watch, he was defending Cruz last night saying exactly that.

squistion said:
Beto (an unelected private citizen) and AOC (a Congresswoman from the Bronx) have done more in the last few days to help the people of Texas than Ted Cruz, John Cornyn or the Texas State government.
Bobby is already running for office.  This is part of his campaign.  Remember he was born into politics and knows how to play the game.

Bronx residents wish AOC would help them more.

Amid her zeal to save the world with the Green New Deal, Rep. ­Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has ­ignored residents in her own Bronx back yard.

“I thought AOC would be our savior, but that’s not the case,” complained Roxanne Delgado, a local activist who said she has tried for months to get in touch with the congresswoman for help saving an animal shelter and to clean up parks in her district.

Delgado, 40, says she has made numerous calls to Ocasio-Cortez’s offices in Washington and Queens and sent a barrage of tweets after the freshman lawmaker encouraged residents during a recent visit to a Bronx public library to hit her up on social media.

But she’s heard nothing back. No response.

“NO email or contact on @AOC’s page except DC number which has full #voicemail and no one picks up,” Delgado tweeted on Monday.

The Post made several calls to both the Washington and Queens offices last week. The same recording at both numbers gives Ocasio-Cortez’s website but doesn’t allow callers to leave a message.

The website includes a “scheduling request” form that visitors can fill out to ask for a meeting.

Another Bronx constituent told a community gathering last month that they needed Ocasio-Cortez for a sitdown with post office officials to sort out difficulties he was having with mail delivery in their district.

“I want AOC to be a representative here ,” Anthony Vitaliano, a former cop and Community Board 11 member, said at a Feb. 28 board meeting.

Vitaliano, 78, also wants Ocasio-Cortez to pressure Amtrak to clean up graffiti at property it owns on Tremont Avenue.

“You know, I appreciate what she’s doing, but she was elected to represent us,” he told the board gathering, where other elected officials — from the city and state but not AOC’s office — sent staffers.

Enlarge Image

Roxanne DelgadoAngel Chevrestt

“She has to address these local issues. Her district is everywhere else in the US. Her heart is not in the Bronx.”

By contrast, he said, residents’ needs received much more attention under Rep. Joe Crowley, whom Ocasio-Cortez unseated in a surprise primary upset.

The longtime congressman’s Bronx district representative, Thomas Messina, regularly attended community board meetings, according to Vitaliano.

“Tommy cared about us,” Vitaliano said.

Although Ocasio-Cortez tweeted about improving mail service in the Bronx this month, Vitaliano said he was still experiencing problems and waiting for her office to arrange a meeting with post office management.

Meanwhile, Delgado noted the animal shelter site was spared — thanks to help from the City Council and the mayor’s office.

Making access all the more challenging for her constituents, Ocasio-Cortez has yet to open an ­office in the Bronx.

Bobby is already running for office.  This is part of his campaign.  Remember he was born into politics and knows how to play the game.

Bronx residents wish AOC would help them more.

Amid her zeal to save the world with the Green New Deal, Rep. ­Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has ­ignored residents in her own Bronx back yard.
Meh, I don't recall any natural disaster that hit the Bronx that AOC ignored. 

And they love AOC in her district - she won with 71% of the 2020 vote. You can always find a few disgruntled constituents if you look hard enough.

Meh, I don't recall any natural disaster that hit the Bronx that AOC ignored. 

And they love AOC in her district - she won with 71% of the 2020 vote. You can always find a few disgruntled constituents if you look hard enough.
Not a suprise.

Crowley won the same district with 82% in 2016 and over 80% in other years. just the way they vote.

Even a casual layman knows that AOC's district is heavily Democratic, to say the least. Her big concern should be her own primary. Vote tallies in the general mean nothing and aren't worth the screen space we're keyboarding into as an argument.

Even a casual layman knows that AOC's district is heavily Democratic, to say the least. Her big concern should be her own primary. Vote tallies in the general mean nothing and aren't worth the screen space we're keyboarding into as an argument.
People claimed in this forum that she was in trouble in the 2020 primary, but she won pretty easily IIRC.

I guarantee I know more Bronx residents than you fellas do, and I guarantee that if you walk into a market there, and poll everyone, she'll do just fine. 

I was nervous about that story above, you know, the one from the NY post the year before she cruised thru re-election:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/03/30/her-heart-is-not-in-the-bronx-aocs-own-district-turns-against-congresswoman/amp/
Now I remember, someone here (jon-mx?) posted a link to a poll that was done by two college kid activists knocking on people's doors in AOC's district and from those that actually answered the door and talked to them, the poll concluded that she was in big trouble in her district.   :lol:

She’s gaining a lot of popularity and nationwide attention due to stuff like what she’s doing in Texas. She also seems like a very good person. 
That being said, she will never be more than a Congresswoman. Her politics are simply too leftists. I get that there are really leftist senators like Bernie, but in order to do that you have to be from a much smaller state. New York will never have a senator who isn’t somewhat centrist and establishment.

She’s gaining a lot of popularity and nationwide attention due to stuff like what she’s doing in Texas. She also seems like a very good person. 
That being said, she will never be more than a Congresswoman. Her politics are simply too leftists. I get that there are really leftist senators like Bernie, but in order to do that you have to be from a much smaller state. New York will never have a senator who isn’t somewhat centrist and establishment.
I wouldn't say never. I think a state that solidly blue could elect her as as a senator if she could get past the primary. I honestly have very little hope for the direction of the country given the indoctrination that has happened in education, especially with respect to the ambivalence with which the youth view our systems and way of life as simply a choice among many rather than as a fought for truth.

But that's me. I just see new #### every year that baffles me. The support of which baffles me both intellectually and spiritually. I think we're in a dark postmodern place right now. I think in our politics, it'll take a transcendent group to unify and get back to notions of an objective good and truth rather than a conglomeration of pressure groups pushing their own brand of pluralism and the particular. 

The story is dying down, but still in the news locally in Texas. 

1) United has launched an investigation to determine who disclosed Cruz’s travel plans and the fact that he switched them. It’s a violation of company policy. I would imagine they are able to track who accessed his folio in the system. 

2) Some parents at the elite private school their kids attend are demanding that they quarantine upon their return as its’s school policy to follow CDC guidelines. 

3) People are also asking if Ted took and obtained a negative test result in Mexico before boarding the return flight to the U.S. as required per CDC order.

Cruz is an actual minority in Senate where people want more minorities. So wondering is a little racism come into play when people talk about Cruz.

So we have an actual Hispanic in Cruz that is going run run against a White Irishman in Bobby O-Rourke who calls himself Beto to sound Hispanic.  Strange days we are in.
The whole “Beto” thing was driven to ground years ago. 

The story is dying down, but still in the news locally in Texas. 

1) United has launched an investigation to determine who disclosed Cruz’s travel plans and the fact that he switched them. It’s a violation of company policy. I would imagine they are able to track who accessed his folio in the system. 

2) Some parents at the elite private school their kids attend are demanding that they quarantine upon their return as its’s school policy to follow CDC guidelines. 

3) People are also asking if Ted took and obtained a negative test result in Mexico before boarding the return flight to the U.S. as required per CDC order.
For his flight info I thought people just saw his name on the upgrade list. This shows up as soon as the passenger checks in. 

For his flight info I thought people just saw his name on the upgrade list. This shows up as soon as the passenger checks in. 
Someone uploaded a picture of United's publicly-available standby list, which showed a passenger named "CRU, R."

But prior to that, a reporter had been tipped off by someone at United that Cruz had called to change his return flight from Saturday to Thursday.

This was discussed at length in private on Parler and in a private conservative group I use outside of Parler - Both the RNC and DNC are paying investigators to track brand name politicians. This is not a "one side is doing it" thing, it's both sides. Many of these politicians have a revolving tail on them, people are digging through their trash, sifting through their records, etc, etc.

Paparazzi/Stringers also know the RNC and DNC will pay well for either direct information or to suppress certain information.

Many of the brand name politicians are old enough where they are simply not digital natives and don't know how to protect themselves.

Many campaigns hire those with private security experience onto their staffs in phantom jobs. Also both the RNC and DNC have embedded sleepers in other campaigns and staffs, akin to corporate espionage.

Ted Cruz has control of about 600 RNC delegates. He's a threat to be seated on SCOTUS and he's a threat in any courtroom where the DNC wants to avoid him and his legal ability. They want his scalp badly.

This is a nothing burger politically for the long term. This is like the media picking on Tom Cruise for being short.

As for AOC, she's funneling all donations through Act Blue, which gets all that new donor information on file for the DNC. People were going to donate anyway, AOC just put her name to it, so that's simply smart political strategy on her part. She gets the positive optics and there is likely a positive feedback loop now within new contributors to her campaign and the DNC won't complain about the benefit to them. AOC has a very good campaign staff. Give her credit for that, she has good people and they are left alone to do their jobs.

This was discussed at length in private on Parler and in a private conservative group I use outside of Parler - Both the RNC and DNC are paying investigators to track brand name politicians. This is not a "one side is doing it" thing, it's both sides. Many of these politicians have a revolving tail on them, people are digging through their trash, sifting through their records, etc, etc.

Paparazzi/Stringers also know the RNC and DNC will pay well for either direct information or to suppress certain information.

Many of the brand name politicians are old enough where they are simply not digital natives and don't know how to protect themselves.

Many campaigns hire those with private security experience onto their staffs in phantom jobs. Also both the RNC and DNC have embedded sleepers in other campaigns and staffs, akin to corporate espionage.

Ted Cruz has control of about 600 RNC delegates. He's a threat to be seated on SCOTUS and he's a threat in any courtroom where the DNC wants to avoid him and his legal ability. They want his scalp badly.

This is a nothing burger politically for the long term. This is like the media picking on Tom Cruise for being short.

As for AOC, she's funneling all donations through Act Blue, which gets all that new donor information on file for the DNC. People were going to donate anyway, AOC just put her name to it, so that's simply smart political strategy on her part. She gets the positive optics and there is likely a positive feedback loop now within new contributors to her campaign and the DNC won't complain about the benefit to them. AOC has a very good campaign staff. Give her credit for that, she has good people and they are left alone to do their jobs.
I hadn’t thought of someone selling the information, but that does seem very plausible. 

Cruz is an actual minority in Senate where people want more minorities. So wondering is a little racism come into play when people talk about Cruz.

So we have an actual Hispanic in Cruz that is going run run against a White Irishman in Bobby O-Rourke who calls himself Beto to sound Hispanic.  Strange days we are in.
Rafael Edward Cruz started going by Ted at age 13 

So the people against Ted Cruz because he is Hispanic going to be for Beto O'Rourke because his first name is Hispanic?

I mean, what's he supposed to do?

Sure, he's full of crap.  

But he's bad for not being there handing out water and blankets.  So he hands out water and blankets.  And now he's terrible for that too.  

I think if Beto hadn't done anything, he'd still be in Cancun.  But what do you do?  Say "I realized I was wrong, I'm going to fly back and sit in my house while the other guy takes photos handing out stuff?"

Cruz did it to himself.  He's in a no-win situation.  But I don't know what people expect him to do either.

Sure, he's full of crap.  

But he's bad for not being there handing out water and blankets.  So he hands out water and blankets.  And now he's terrible for that too.  

I think if Beto hadn't done anything, he'd still be in Cancun.  But what do you do?  Say "I realized I was wrong, I'm going to fly back and sit in my house while the other guy takes photos handing out stuff?"

Cruz did it to himself.  He's in a no-win situation.  But I don't know what people expect him to do either.
Are you directing those questions to me?  I’m not criticizing him for doing stuff. Earlier in the thread, people were asking what the hell could Ted Cruz be doing to help. I responded that he will be doing stuff to help in the coming days, and that’s the stuff he could have been doing. I linked the article not for the editorial content, but for the fact that he was handing out water. I’m not on Twitter so it’s not like I saw Ted’s underlying #TexasStrong tweet. 

P.S. I just searched and it appears that maybe he’s now deleted the tweet. I guess his attempts to publicly promote his good works really did backfire. 

I don`t go on Twitter much and after reading all the comments from both sides I know why.  What a cesspool.
Twitter is an absolute cess pool.  I've worked on weeding out the cess pool people.  I'm tempted to get off all together.  

Sure, he's full of crap.  

If I’m Ted’s PR guy here you just have to accept the L to the reputation. First and foremost stop lying about the trip. I’d stop talking about it at all. Do this work, do your work as Senator, make no comments about it, no pictures released from your team. Here to help out Texans, thank you have a nice day - that’s it.   At some point later you can address it if you have to and and that point you come clean again no lying. 

From a political standpoint I hope the guy continues to botch it and he’s gone in 4 years.

As much I think as he’s a weasel I’m not going to bash him for helping now.

I didn’t realize that either.

I think every politician does things for the photo ops and not the goodness of their heart.  Most are smart enough not to post the photos on their on twitter.
That’s what it looks like, although Twitter people can correct me if wrong there.

He’s a strange, strange dude who has zero self awareness. 

I want to preface by saying I have not read one single word of this thread but I obviously felt a strong urge to seek out a forum in general I steer clear of and then I found what I was looking for at the top...

-Indefensible is the word I would use to sum up Ted Cruz this past week as people were freezing to death in Texas. No leadership and complete abandonment of his duties and post is how I would describe it. I don't care what jersey color he wears, it was one of the worst moves ever by a politician and especially if you are from Texas. These people pride themselves on doing it different and better and bigger and this was just a horrible showing of leadership. 

He deserves alll of the hate being spewed his way. Now I will also say I feel similar about many other politicians on both sides of the aisle and I can go on and on about them for days HOWEVER this is the Ted Cruz thread and I stated exactly why I came in here so IMO it had to pretty egregious for someone like myself to seek this thread out. 

Cheers Everybody!

The passing out water thing is such terrible shtick. It is a bad look for every politician, IMO. You are a ####### US senator. Use your clout to do actual good - pressure FEMA into giving more aid, talk to the president about what is gooing on, etc. Leave the menial job of hauling water to us regular folk

The passing out water thing is such terrible shtick. It is a bad look for every politician, IMO. You are a ####### US senator. Use your clout to do actual good - pressure FEMA into giving more aid, talk to the president about what is gooing on, etc. Leave the menial job of hauling water to us regular folk
There’s only so much “talking to FEMA and Biden” you can do.  

The optics of a Senator doing the menial tasks are way better.

I want to preface by saying I have not read one single word of this thread but I obviously felt a strong urge to seek out a forum in general I steer clear of and then I found what I was looking for at the top...

-Indefensible is the word I would use to sum up Ted Cruz this past week as people were freezing to death in Texas. No leadership and complete abandonment of his duties and post is how I would describe it. I don't care what jersey color he wears, it was one of the worst moves ever by a politician and especially if you are from Texas. These people pride themselves on doing it different and better and bigger and this was just a horrible showing of leadership. 

He deserves alll of the hate being spewed his way. Now I will also say I feel similar about many other politicians on both sides of the aisle and I can go on and on about them for days HOWEVER this is the Ted Cruz thread and I stated exactly why I came in here so IMO it had to pretty egregious for someone like myself to seek this thread out. 

Cheers Everybody!
I’ve said it in response to others.  It’s actually not the role of the US Senate to deal with these situations.  It’s a state and local government issue.

Cornyn hasn’t done much beyond post “resources” on his website and Twitter.  But I guess he stayed in Texas.  No one seems too fired up over Cornyn not dragging Fema back down there.  

A lot of the hate is because Cruz is Cruz IMO.  And of course then he lied about it, which makes it such a bigger failure.  

There’s only so much “talking to FEMA and Biden” you can do.  

The optics of a Senator doing the menial tasks are way better.
Nobody really feels like a senator is really helping by carrying a few cases of water. And in fact, they probably are mucking it up more than anything.

I would much rather see my senator talking to community leaders and local corporations and other congress people and using his/her clout to get #### done

Users who are viewing this thread