What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rhamondre Stevenson, NE (1 Viewer)

Patriots running backs coach Ivan Fears said Rhamondre Stevenson has made "big improvements" in practice and hinted he'll have a part in replacing James White (hip, IR). 

Stevenson has been inactive the past two weeks after fumbling in Week 1. The team in Week 3 lost White (hip) for the season -- an injury that could force the Patriots to activate Stevenson this week against Tampa. Fears said he's "kind of excited to see if [Stevenson] can pick up a new role here. Maybe he can pick up some of the stuff James was doing. We’ll throw it at him this week and see what sticks at practice. See what he can handle." Fears said J.J. Taylor would also have a role in replacing White. Damien Harris, meanwhile, remains locked in as New England's early down back. If Stevenson -- who caught 18 passes for 211 yards in six games at Oklahoma last year -- can play mistake-free football against the Bucs on Sunday night, he could secure a valuable spot in the Patriots offense for the remainder of the season. 

RELATED: 

J.J. Taylor

, Brandon Bolden

, Damien Harris

SOURCE: BostonHerald.com 

Oct 2, 2021, 3:17 PM ET

Rhamondre Stevenson rushed 11 times for 23 yards in New England's Week 5 win over the Texans.

He was pretty well bottled up behind the line of scrimmage on most carries, but had a touchdown called back for an illegal shift that would have closed out the game. Nine of his 11 carries came in the second half with Damien Harris nursing a chest/rib injury. Stevenson did say he thought that Harris would be fine after the game. Stevenson likely would have only received a few carries if Harris had remained healthy, but these are the Belichick Patriots and Harris did have a goa- line fumble, so he is at worst a speculative add this week after regaining active status over J.J. Taylor. 

Oct 10, 2021, 5:48 PM ET

Worth a pick up at this juncture...i.e. long(er) term snag and hold??   Among the likes of McKinnon, Drake, Bolden, Ingram for injury/bye week fills ins? 

Last edited by a moderator:
xenon said:
Worth a pick up at this juncture...i.e. long(er) term snag and hold??   Among the likes of McKinnon, Drake, Bolden, Ingram for injury/bye week fills ins? 

I have been holding on in 14-team re-draft.   I don't know that I would've been able to resist the temptation to drop without the White injury and JJ Taylor not seizing the day, even though those are different RB roles.

I still think he has a chance to make some noise this season.   Maybe gets some run this week with the Damien Harris fumble and ribs situation.    I like this stash better than any of the other players mentioned.   Have him in a similar place as Ty'son Williams.    I think both have a shot to get to the top of their respective depth charts without it taking an injury.

xenon said:

Absolutely.

D. Harris is dinged and has been fumbling. Two big no nos with Bill B.

Stevenson is a primary reason why S. Michele is no longer with the team. Stevenson was regarded as a steal as a 4th rounder this year. He's big, fast for his size, and a surprisingly good receiver. He's the most all around RB they have without a doubt.

Harris is more one dimensional as well...not a great receiver and JJ Taylor just fumbled his way into the doghouse. Bolden's bread n butter is special teams.

NE has done far more with less in the past (see Benjarvus Green Ellis, D. Lewis among many others). Would not surprise me to see this guy emerge.

Interesting Mike Clay tweet for those desperate for a RB2 this week.

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1448648948504088582?s=20

“Damien Harris trending toward missing Week 6“

Not sure how accurate Mike Clay is or how he can base that off one DNP for Harris… but wouldn’t be the first time a rib injury has kept someone out this year. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/patriots-damien-harris-on-practice-field-thursday/

Harris (ribs) was present for the media-access portion of Thursday's practice, Zack Cox of NESN.com reports.

Though Harris was spotted at practice Wednesday, he was officially listed as a non-participant by the Patriots. If he advances to logging a limited session Thursday, however, the running back's prospects of suiting up this weekend against the Cowboys will brighten. That said, there's still a decent chance that Harris approaches Sunday's 4:25 ET kickoff listed as questionable by New England.

Didn't Stevenson also fumble early this year?

On his 1st or one of his 1st touches in week 1...been in the doghouse ever since. 

I drafted him late in my keeper league, but dropped him to make room for Toney...

does Stevenson actually have some decent value for ROS? in my league personally, i'd need to drop Drake to pick him up. and while Drake has been essentially worthless, so has Stevenson

The Pats OL is a mess. Even if Harris can’t go, they are playing the Cowboys. It’s not crazy to think Dallas will put up points and the Pats might have to get away from the running game (which hasn’t been great to begin with). If that’s the game script, I would guess the beneficiary will be Bolden, as his blocking is far better than Stevenson. 

That being said, Harris was at practice and participated in drills today. He will probably be listed as limited in practice later today. 

There are probably worse gambles and roster stashes than RS. I’m just not that confident he will carve out a consistent and big enough role on a team with OL issues, not a lot of yardage, and one that doesn’t score many points. 

Any better stashes in redraft at this point?

Not many players out there who have a shot at a possible starting role without real injury. Harris has been underwhelming at this point. Maybe with more development he can become the lead back.

Everyone is so Gaga over Javonte Williams when Gordon an established vet is there.

Here all that is in his way is an injury prone 1 dimensional running back who had been fumbling...

Not many players out there who have a shot at a possible starting role without real injury. Harris has been underwhelming at this point. Maybe with more development he can become the lead back.

Everyone is so Gaga over Javonte Williams when Gordon an established vet is there.

Here all that is in his way is an injury prone 1 dimensional running back who had been fumbling...
No better stashes because all the other stashes are starting on Sunday.

People are ga-ga over Javonte for a reason.

When Stevenson does something like this people will be ga-ga over him too.

I assume with sneaky bellicheck we wouldn’t know anything regarding who’s playing/starting till right up to kickoff. 

Which makes it tough as my only other RB2 option plays at noon currently slotted in and I have a waiver out for Herbert, dropping Rahmondre. Would love to hang on to Rahmondre. I drafted him and kicked him to the curb after week 1, but he may be headed back the wire the same week he rejoined my squad.

Anyone else brave enough to start him this week?

Byes are hitting, and I'm leaning Stevenson over Mike Davis. Game script should favor carries to the NE RBs. It was encouraging to see his usage in the passing game last week, which in itself presents good PPR value. He has a bit of smoothness that reminds me of Arian Foster. I don't think he will ever reach that level on NE, but even Foster-lite would be a good asset.

Byes are hitting, and I'm leaning Stevenson over Mike Davis. Game script should favor carries to the NE RBs. It was encouraging to see his usage in the passing game last week, which in itself presents good PPR value. He has a bit of smoothness that reminds me of Arian Foster. I don't think he will ever reach that level on NE, but even Foster-lite would be a good asset.

Yep- Jets are getting annhilated by pass-catching backs. You bet they will exploit this 

Between byes and broken-down Browns, I've got a ticket on the Rhamondre express this weekend. For now, if I don't chicken out. I do like this matchup and the potential game script. Also intrigued by the potential for Stevenson to grab hold of a meaningful role ROS. Dude has sweet feet, soft hands and good vision, in rare combination for such a big guy.

May roll the dice with him instead of T. Boyd. I'm a big underdog this week so WTF. 

Maybe get lucky and this is his breakout game as D. Harris goes down, Stevenson gets 2 TD plunges and 5 receptions.

A man can dream.

kyoun1e said:
May roll the dice with him instead of T. Boyd. I'm a big underdog this week so WTF. 

Maybe get lucky and this is his breakout game as D. Harris goes down, Stevenson gets 2 TD plunges and 5 receptions.

A man can dream.
I’ll keep him on the bench and take one for the team.  If I do start him, he’ll fumble on his first carry and sit the rest of the game.

kyoun1e said:

A man can dream.

I'm thinking the same thing in my 14-team flex spot.   My alternative is Melvin Gordon against the Browns tonight.   That would probably be the chalk, but I have a feeling Rhamondre gets double-digit touches against the Jets and is more likely to break one.

Rolling him out this week. Byepocalypse and made some trades so I'm down to 1RB other than him. Hoping for some second half grind it out numbers against the Jets. 

Dammit!

I had subbed him in for Sterling Shepard, and now this.  Gerald Everett, come on down.

Edit: Make it David Johnson.  I don't see Everett getting a lot of love from Geno against the Saints D, and there's a sliver of revenge factor with DJ facing Arizona.

Dammit!

I had subbed him in for Sterling Shepard, and now this.  Gerald Everett, come on down.

Edit: Make it David Johnson.  I don't see Everett getting a lot of love from Geno against the Saints D, and there's a sliver of revenge factor with DJ facing Arizona.
Slayton gone? That was my pivot this morning. I was having to start Stevenson in one with 3/4ths my team dead or on bye.

Patriots running backs coach Ivan Fears said Rhamondre Stevenson's game day status will be a week-to-week decision. 

Stevenson missed a block in Week 6 that led to a sack and was made inactive for New England's Week 7 game against the Jets. He had excelled with precious little opportunity the prior week against the Cowboys, gaining 62 yards on eight touches, including three receptions. He also scored a short touchdown against Dallas. Fears said Stevenson's game day status will hinge on his practice performance during the week, saying it would come down to activating the rookie or J.J. Taylor, who has also made costly mistake this year. Damien Harris remains the team's primary ball carrier whether or not Stevenson is active. 

RELATED: 

J.J. Taylor

, Damien Harris

SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter 

Oct 26, 2021, 12:32 PM ET

Rhamondre Stevenson rushed 10 times for 62 yards in the Patriots' Week 9 win over the Panthers before suffering a head injury and not returning. 

Stevenson got kicked in the head on his final carry, an 11-yard run with 11:31 remaining in the fourth quarter. He was leading to the team in rushing up to that point, a designation he ended up keeping. Stevenson also added two receptions for 44 additional yards, 41 of which came on a second quarter reception. Stevenson accounted for 62 of New England's 75 yards on a drive that resulted in a Damien Harris touchdown run. Harris also suffered a head injury and failed to return. Stevenson ended up third in snaps despite his production. Despite today's excellent performance, Stevenson will still be little more than a volatile FLEX if he is cleared for Week 10 against the Browns. We simply have no idea what coach Bill Belichick is thinking on a week-to-week basis in his backfield.  

- NBC SportsEDGE

Rhamondre Stevenson (concussion) remained sidelined for Thursday's practice.

Damien Harris (concussion) also missed practice for the second straight day. Although both players have a chance to clear the league's concussion protocol by kick-off, Brandon Bolden should be universally added as a floor-based RB3 for PPR leagues just in case he gets the nod ahead of J.J. Taylor.

SOURCE: Jim McBride on Twitter

Nov 11, 2021, 1:05 PM ET

CLNS Media's Evan Lazar reports Rhamondre Stevenson (concussion) is expected to practice Friday and is "looking good" for Week 10 against the Browns. 

It's quite the turnaround from Thursday, when the rookie missed another practice and appeared unlikely to suit up this Sunday against Cleveland. Stevenson broke out last week against Carolina, leading the team with 62 yards on 10 rushes. He displayed his dual-threat potential with two catches for 44 yards against the Panthers. Stevenson could shape up as a low-end RB2 option if backfield mate Damien Harris (concussion) is unable to practice Friday and misses Week 10. Stevenson would likely handle early-down work and Branden Bolden -- who had ten touches last week -- would serve as New England's pass catching back. 

RELATED: 

Damien Harris

, Brandon Bolden

SOURCE: Evan Lazar on Twitter 

Nov 12, 2021, 8:30 AM ET

I just added Rhamondre Stevenson in all 3 of our leagues for potentially this week and beyond. It certainly looks like its D Harris's job, but Stevenson looks really good too. A few mistakes to clean up. Rank seems to be high on him. Worth a shot. 

Edit: Just read where MJD likes Stevenson as well. Still behind Harris, but a potential play on his own, and definitely a handcuff. 

I just added Rhamondre Stevenson in all 3 of our leagues for potentially this week and beyond. It certainly looks like its D Harris's job, but Stevenson looks really good too. A few mistakes to clean up. Rank seems to be high on him. Worth a shot. 

Edit: Just read where MJD likes Stevenson as well. Still behind Harris, but a potential play on his own, and definitely a handcuff. 
He didnt practice today

Problem with him is that he is one missed blocked from never seeing the field again this year...that's a hard start until he builds some consistency

He didnt practice today
Gotta roll the dice before any more positive news comes out. This is an example of what it takes to win a league. Sometimes it hits, sometimes you toss the player back. I'm rolling dice for a week or two to see how this pans out. 

Problem with him is that he is one missed blocked from never seeing the field again this year...that's a hard start until he builds some consistency
Yep, missed a block earlier in the year. Perhaps he's being coached since. Not ready to crucify him every week. He's got talent.

Gotta roll the dice before any more positive news comes out. This is an example of what it takes to win a league. Sometimes it hits, sometimes you toss the player back. I'm rolling dice for a week or two to see how this pans out. 
Of course that statement is true and we have all been rolling the dice on 20 different rbs since the season started...patterson is probably the only one that has worked out

That being said you must be super short bench that stevenson is even available

Yep, missed a block earlier in the year. Perhaps he's being coached since. Not ready to crucify him every week. He's got talent.

They all have talent that's why they are in the nfl....the majority of them don't go anywhere though

Stevenson is as good of a flyer as anyone that's for sure though...

Of course that statement is true and we have all been rolling the dice on 20 different rbs since the season started...patterson is probably the only one that has worked out

That being said you must be super short bench that stevenson is even available
Benches at 5, 6, 5. News that he was concussed probably caused a pause. The word on Stevenson value increasing is recent news. So I pounced. 

They all have talent that's why they are in the nfl....the majority of them don't go anywhere though

Stevenson is as good of a flyer as anyone that's for sure though...
Cordelle Patterson paid off on an early flyer. Others like Gainwell, L Murray, Ty'Son Williams went in and out and so far have flopped. One who I did trade was Connors for injured Hunt and so far Connors is getting the best of that deal. I was also the first to grab M Carter in two leagues and he's been a pleasant surprise. I'm addicted to fantasy football what can I say. 

Users who are viewing this thread