What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Squirrel vs. Crow (1 Viewer)

Who would win

• Squirrel

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Crow

Votes: 63 72.4%

• Total voters
My gigantic barred owls dominate. One of my neighbors lost a small dog to one.
There's two of these that live somewhere in the woods out back of my house, as well as a screech owl that often comes and sits on my back fence.  Fun to listen to all of them when they decide to call to each other in the evenings.  

There's two of these that live somewhere in the woods out back of my house, as well as a screech owl that often comes and sits on my back fence.  Fun to listen to all of them when they decide to call to each other in the evenings.  
Yeah, I try to mimic them and they call right back. My neighbor actually plays real owl calls over his laptop with external speakers and calls them in. We've had like 5 of them sitting right in trees behind our house making call after call.

Love crows for their intelligence, but I think their killing power is being overrated here.

Seems like a pertinent quote:  "Crow beaks aren’t even strong enough to break through the skin of a grey squirrel, though they will usually give it a try."

Link

And yes.  This is serious business.

This feels like an old school FFA discussion.

Team Squirrel

Last edited by a moderator:
Love crows for their intelligence, but 1.  I think their killing power is being overrated here.

Seems like a pertinent quote:  "Crow beaks aren’t even strong enough to break through the skin of a grey squirrel, though they will usually give it a try."

Link

2. And yes.  This is serious business.

3.This feels like an old school FFA discussion.

Team Squirrel
1. truff

2. truff

3. truff

Years ago, I saw two squirrels wrestling on our side deck.  They'd wrestle, one would fall off the edge of the deck, he/she/it would jump back up, they'd pause, then start wrestling again. I don't know what they were practicing for, but I was impressed by their diligence.   

I know whoever won the hawks in my backyard would just take out the winner
:thumbup:  Those guys don't mess around. We have a bunch around us and I get nervous when they are circling around and our little dog is outside. She is nuts and kills rabbits bigger than her for fun (she weighs like 10 lbs) but if one of those hawks wanted to take her out, I don't think it would be too difficult.

Squirrels have teeth capable of tearing through flesh, claws and extreme mobility.  The crow's only advantage is flight.   Once it goes to the ground, the crow is done for.

Squirrels have teeth capable of tearing through flesh, claws and extreme mobility.  The crow's only advantage is flight.   Once it goes to the ground, the crow is done for.
And who's going to clip its wings, you?

The squirrel's teeth is what you're banking on?  Giraffes have gnarly teeth too.  Doesn't mean a damn if they don't have IT in them.  Crows most certainly do.  They will bludgeon to death, no problem, using their beaks as daggers.  They are cunning, relentless cold-blooded killers of anything that can result in a meal.  

See YouTube for proof.  Start with rabbits.

Then show us video of your gymnast with braces murdering and eating meat like a crow will do.

The squirrel's teeth is what you're banking on?  Giraffes have gnarly teeth too.  Doesn't mean a damn if they don't have IT in them.  Crows most certainly do.  They will bludgeon to death, no problem, using their beaks as daggers.  They are cunning, relentless cold-blooded killers of anything that can result in a meal.  

See YouTube for proof.  Start with rabbits.

Then show us video of your gymnast with braces murdering and eating meat like a crow will do.
No need to try to make the guy eat crow.

The squirrel's teeth is what you're banking on?  Giraffes have gnarly teeth too.  Doesn't mean a damn if they don't have IT in them.  Crows most certainly do.  They will bludgeon to death, no problem, using their beaks as daggers.  They are cunning, relentless cold-blooded killers of anything that can result in a meal.  Not really.  Their diet consists mainly of human garbage.

See YouTube for proof.  Start with rabbits.  Baby bunnies which are kind of like hors d'oeuvres for every predator.

Then show us video of your gymnast with braces murdering and eating meat like a crow will doPlenty of video of squirrels eating baby birds.

@ WDIK2, this is the only way I could answer (numbered) your replies, which are in red.

The squirrel's teeth is what you're banking on?  Giraffes have gnarly teeth too.  Doesn't mean a damn if they don't have IT in them.  Crows most certainly do.  They will bludgeon to death, no problem, using their beaks as daggers.  They are cunning, relentless cold-blooded killers of anything that can result in a meal.  Not really.  Their diet consists mainly of human garbage.

See YouTube for proof.  Start with rabbits.  Baby bunnies which are kind of like hors d'oeuvres for every predator.

Then show us video of your gymnast with braces murdering and eating meat like a crow will do.  Plenty of video of squirrels eating baby birds.

1. A crow's main diet has nothing to do with a squirrel vs crow faceoff.  Any animal will choose the path of least resistance for meals.  Grubbing on human garbage just shows the crow's smarts, if anything.  Piece of cake for them.

2. The point of the rabbit being bludgeoned to death shows how far crows can and will go.  And their weaponry and its effectiveness.  Comparing the bunny to hors d'oeuvres for other predators not involved in this death match is insignificant.

3. A squirrel eating a baby bird is less compelling.  Talk about hors d'oeuvres.  At least a baby rabbit has to be hunted down and killed.  You're presenting a helpless baby bird as evidence for a squirrel's might?  Talk about a sitting duck.  Those things are found on silver platters.  An earthworm has better D.

You're presenting a helpless baby bird as evidence for a squirrel's might?
No, I was focusing on the eating meat part with the baby birds.  I love crows, and it's a testament to their smarts that they would avoid a confrontation with a squirrel or any other "prey" that could potentially do them harm.  They aren't a predator cruising over the neighborhood looking to swoop down on a full grown rabbit or squirrel like a hawk.  They are opportunistic.

You don't think a squirrel bite can damage a crow's wing?  I disagree. 

Are we talking about putting these 2 in a box with no escape?  If so, that eliminates flight for the crow.  If not, the crow will choose to flee.  :shrug:  

ETA:  Catching and killing a baby bunny found out in the open isn't hunting.  It's being opportunistic.  Nothing wrong with that.  I can catch baby bunnies in the yard and I'm a big dumb human.  The fattest, fluffiest, most pampered house cat will do a number on the baby bunny population.

I get that crows are smart. I'm just not buying their killer instincts. Then again, the famous Hitchcock movie was called "The Birds", not "The Squirells". 🤷‍♂️
It was originally called The Squirrels but Hitchcock couldn't get enough squirrels to film the movie because of the shortage at the time. 

I get that crows are smart. I'm just not buying their killer instincts. Then again, the famous Hitchcock movie was called "The Birds", not "The Squirells". 🤷‍♂️
It was originally called The Squirrels but Hitchcock couldn't get enough squirrels to film the movie because of the shortage at the time. 
A shortage caused by the great crow culling of the squirrels of 1962.

Users who are viewing this thread