What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CPAC Conference (1 Viewer)

So while this conference is going on, the Republicans in the Senate are unanimously, without exceptions, opposing the COVID stimulus package that 75% of the public supports. Earlier they explained they were against it because of minimum wage, but that’s been removed, and they’re still against it. It will pass, but without a single Republican vote. 

It’s like they’re committing suicide as a party in real time. 
No GOP house member voted for the stimulus in 2009 and look at the price they paid....

I thought they were just cheapo thong flip flops. 

He had the US flag short pants too. 

From the waist down, he was like every dude on Duval St. in Key West. 
The shorts represent him being a patriot, and the flip flops represent the fact that he could be retired and "on the beach" if he wanted to the artist said. And the art piece is for sale,  $100,000. 

Some pop artist decides to use the cartoon personality of Donald Trump as subject matter and the usual wacko media and lefties in here try to equate it to the Republican's golden calf.  :lmao:   

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2021/2/26/22302887/trump-cpac-2021-republican-gold-statue

"In the Bible, the Golden Calf story ends with a furious Moses destroying the idol — dumping its ashes into water and forcing the Israelites to drink it as punishment. In theory, the voters in 2020 could have been the party’s Moses, the loss of the White House and the Senate their bitter ashwater.

And yet, here they are, still building idols of a false god."
Of note, the people of Israel - because of their disobedience in the desert (call it self-centeredness and following false gods/leaders) - were not allowed to enter the promised land.  An entire generation, left to essentially wander aimlessly.  That's what this generation of the conservative wing of the modern Republican party might have in its future.  So odd.  So sad.

Of note, the people of Israel - because of their disobedience in the desert (call it self-centeredness and following false gods/leaders) - were not allowed to enter the promised land.  An entire generation, left to essentially wander aimlessly.  That's what this generation of the conservative wing of the modern Republican party might have in its future.  So odd.  So sad.
History repeating itself, but the Israelites at least had Moses and later Joshua to lead them. Who does the GOP have?

Yep.

During panel discussions: "We need to restore American's confidence in elections after the fiasco that happened in November."   

Truth.  :thumbup:

During panel discussions: "We need to restore American's confidence in elections after the fiasco that happened in November."   

Truth.  :thumbup:
Most Americans have confidence in the election.

And after January 6th, not sure Id want to be associated with those who didn't.  Seems their concerns are irrational and illogical.

Good to see this next panel topic. We need to protect girls sports.  Dont let boys participate in girls sports.   :thumbup:

unfortunately, while everyone here would know exactly how to amplify this, the democrats will #### it up.  this should be advertised everywhere all the way up to the midterms.  I won't hold my breath that it will be leveraged.
I thought that  the last election, and it might have come true if the GOP didn't do such an excellent job of screwing up on their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pop artist decides to use the cartoon personality of Donald Trump as subject matter and the usual wacko media and lefties in here try to equate it to the Republican's golden calf.  :lmao:   
You're missing the point my friend. The issue isn't the fact that it was created by a pop artist, but the fact that CPACers have practically fawned over it. I like Trump but I think the statue is weird to put it politely.

You're missing the point my friend. The issue isn't the fact that it was created by a pop artist, but the fact that CPACers have practically fawned over it. I like Trump but I think the statue is weird to put it politely.
Fawn, like taking selfies with it and stuff?  What do you think of the Brett Farve done by the same artist?   Pretty weird to get hung up on peoples taste in art.

Anyway, hilarious people thinking it's a republican golden calf because social media told them so.  

Fawn, like taking selfies with it and stuff?  What do you think of the Brett Farve done by the same artist?   Pretty weird to get hung up on peoples taste in art.

Anyway, hilarious people thinking it's a republican golden calf because social media told them so.  
Brett Favre is a druggie and a pervert. I really don't want my president to be associated with things of that nature.

South Dakota's record in handling the virus speaks for itself.  She didnt need to tear down Cuomo like that, but Im glad she did. 

Kristi Noem with a great speech. Shades of Reagan in there - use of powerful anecdotes that evoke the best of Conservatism.  Her story about finding the tapes of her father a few weeks after he died and “the power of words” - perhaps a subtle reminder of Trump’s mistakes. Smart lady.

The highly principled Mitch McConnell at CPAC: 

“If Donald Trump is the party’s nominee will you support him?” 
“Absolutely!”  

The highly principled Mitch McConnell at CPAC: 

“If Donald Trump is the party’s nominee will you support him?” 
“Absolutely!”  
There's something to be said for "I don't give a ****" age. 

I don't know what Mitch really has to worry about, politically, for the rest of his life, so I think we can expect more honesty from Mitch.  

Kristy Naomi, "We never mandate that people wear masks!"  Calls out Fauci for all his lies.   :wub:
Yes this is sure to win lots of votes for you guys. 
I've said it before, but I think the anti-mask thing was the #1 reason why Trump lost. All the crap about "Freedom!" was the wrong message. Did any Republicans cry "Freedom!" when we all wore ribbons to support our troops? Nope. We took the lead and shamed the rest of the country into following. That's how you do it.

Popularity <> correctness.  Fauci has indeed been incorrect a ton during this.  I like the guy, but I admit to being a disappointed in our highest paid federal employee.
In fairness, how much of that incorrect information was because we knew almost nothing about the virus? There’s bound to be some wrong decisions when you’re trying to find things to combat it.

And I think the popular thing was to make the point that attacking Fauci won’t play well nationally.

Popularity <> correctness.  Fauci has indeed been incorrect a ton during this.  I like the guy, but I admit to being a disappointed in our highest paid federal employee.
You’re not going to lose votes by criticizing Fauci where deserved or calling out his mistakes. 
You’re going to lose votes by calling him a liar. 

Kevin McCarthy praised Trump again today and has been fawning over him as of late. Word is this isn’t reciprocated, Trump is pissed that McCarthy protected Liz Cheney and plans to rip both of them, and McConnell, tomorrow. In fact Sunday’s speech may be one long grievance against Republicans who have “betrayed” Donald Trump. 

Users who are viewing this thread