What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Non-MCEU Comic Streaming Content (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Probably time for a general streaming content discussion - and the MCEU thread is rolling along so this is for everything else.

lots of  good content available already

Invincible showed up on Amazon this week but haven’t had time to watch

looking forward to Jupiter’s Legacy showing up on Netflix soon

Another available now recommendation is Doom Patrol on HBO.  Good quirky stuff going on there

The Boys is great but haven’t done Umbrella Academy yet

So have at it.  And if you want to include print comic news go ahead and do so

Argh - no replies.

I encourage you to watch Doom Patrol on HBO Max - the quirkiness is a winner.

It's a band of truly reluctant heroes inflicted with "ailments" to the point of true outcasts.

And to keep this thread from getting too geeky - print comic news should be in regards to new material from great creators - like Geoff Johns and Gerry Frank going indy with Geiger

I saw previews for Doom Patrol and though it looked good.  For whatever reason I haven't checked out the Boys but I should. My son loved Umbrella Academy but I think I'll pass as it has that YA type of appeal, and I don't fit the demo :)

I haven't heard of Invincible so I may read up on it.

I know it seems like I watch a LOT of stuff in the MCU thread, but it's really just that and Star Wars stuff right now. There are no comedies that I'm loving right now, and the only other TV show that is must see for me is Survivor :bag:

i love cliff from doom patrol and the boys is awesome too so i support this thread take that to the bank bromigo  

I saw previews for Doom Patrol and though it looked good.  For whatever reason I haven't checked out the Boys but I should. My son loved Umbrella Academy but I think I'll pass as it has that YA type of appeal, and I don't fit the demo :)

I know it seems like I watch a LOT of stuff in the MCU thread, but it's really just that and Star Wars stuff right now. There are no comedies that I'm loving right now, and the only other TV show that is must see for me is Survivor :bag:
If I remember right Invincible is the same guy that did Walking Dead.

Boys highly recommended.  Season two starts of not quite as good but finishes strong.

The Dude said:
If I remember right Invincible is the same guy that did Walking Dead.

Boys highly recommended.  Season two starts of not quite as good but finishes strong.
The Boys and UA were both really solid. I started Doom Patrol and it was quirky and I never felt the desire to spend the time and finish it. I may but it never quite grabbed me.

Corporation said:

Umbrella Academy was great and I’m definitely not in the YA category. Two of my sons watched it and liked it as well. The Boys is different but both are top notch. If you don’t like them no big deal, you just might not like the edgier stuff. People don’t all have the same tastes. I told my third son to watch The Boys instead of Family Guy and he never got into it. I love Family Guy too.

Corporation said:

Umbrella Academy is awesome and definitely not a teenage demo target. My wife and I both loved it. Doom Patrol was great as well.

Swamp thing was awesome, hoping the exposure on HBO Max gets it a 2nd season. The Boys is one of my favorites. It is animated but the Harley Quinn show on HBO Max is phenomenal, can't wait for season 3.

It just came out, but The Watch (BBC) is great. It's more sci-fi/fantasy and isn't based on comics but it's great.

It just came out, but The Watch (BBC) is great. It's more sci-fi/fantasy and isn't based on comics but it's great.
This is based on Terry Pratchet's Discworld series. I really enjoyed the books and have been meaning to get to this. Looking forward to it. 

I think I only got as far as the goat or donkey or whatever that was in season one of Doom Patrol and then just stopped watching for some reason. Sounds like maybe I need to try to pick it back up.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
I think I only got as far as the goat or donkey or whatever that was in season one of Doom Patrol and then just stopped watching for some reason. Sounds like maybe I need to try to pick it back up.
It's pretty damn quirky and it's definitely not similar in anyway to most comic based shows so I get why some just give up. The Watch is very similar in the weird quirkiness.

Yeah, if you get to the donkey and say “that’s stupid” - it’s probably not for you.

I seethe donkey and think “that’s creative”

Yeah, if you get to the donkey and say “that’s stupid” - it’s probably not for you.

I seethe donkey and think “that’s creative”
I thought it was incredibly dumb, but the show has enough other redeeming qualities that I enjoyed it regardless. 

It's pretty damn quirky and it's definitely not similar in anyway to most comic based shows so I get why some just give up. The Watch is very similar in the weird quirkiness.
It wasn’t a conscious “tapping out” moment or anything, that’s just the last thing I remember. For whatever reason, it just sort of fell off my watch schedule. Every once in a while I’ll be scrolling through the streaming choices and see it and go “ oh yeah, forgot about that show”, but I just haven’t picked it back up yet.

Liked The Watch, even including the  ridiculous Popeye caricature from Beric Dondarrion, btw.

This is based on Terry Pratchet's Discworld series. I really enjoyed the books and have been meaning to get to this. Looking forward to it. 
Whoa, had no idea. Those books are amazing!

Is it BBC+ only or available somewhere else?

You liked the Watch, the reviews I have read have all been extremely negative. I was going to skip it.

I have read all of Terry Pratchett's books and none of the movies/mini series I have watched have translated well. Good Omen's might have been the best, however it was just an average TV show. Going Postal was below average.

I have not watched the others.

You liked the Watch, the reviews I have read have all been extremely negative. I was going to skip it.

I have read all of Terry Pratchett's books and none of the movies/mini series I have watched have translated well. Good Omen's might have been the best, however it was just an average TV show. Going Postal was below average.

I have not watched the others.
I've never read the books but yeah I definitely like it. Quirky weird sci-fish fun.

Users who are viewing this thread