Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Questioning our existence and other :tinfoilhat: theories about our own reality


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, cockroach said:

Flat Earth

Hollow Earth

Center of the Universe

Bigfoot

Loch Ness

Found the truth? Not yet

 

 

Your first three were things that were once generally accepted as truths only to be debunked by people who were considered :tinfoilhat: folks in their day. 

There is plenty of evidence of incredibly large humans. 
 

Loch Ness - I guess it depends if you think dinosaurs were real or not. 

 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cockroach said:

Flat Earth

Hollow Earth

Center of the Universe

Bigfoot

Loch Ness

Found the truth? Not yet

Meh, don't really subscribe to any of those. I would giggle like a school girl if at some point in the future you see bigfoot riding nessy just to #### with people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Heard another interesting theory regarding black holes last week but don't remember the particles or the name of it but it went something like this:

Within every black hole, there is a universe, similar to the one we currently envision. I forget how they came up with that and frankly it's above my brain function to understand regardless. Maybe one of you tinfoil hats can educate me.

Beat me to it. I don't know about particles or what not, but I heard of it being called a white hole.

Basically, think about what a black hole is, it's every bit of matter the thing can suck in, sucked into a single point, a singularity.

That's exactly what they say happened at the big bang. Out of a singularity, everything we know came from. So essentially yeah, there's an infinite web of universes. Not that they all exist indefinitely, probably every universe dies at some point.

Edited by ShamrockPride
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I’d actually like to get you into this stuff. I thoroughly enjoy your takes on things. 

Thanks, man. I appreciate you starting the thread and can relate to the curiosity behind it. But I find that every time I'm introduced to thoughts of alternate realities I get really unsteady, so I tend to stay away from that. One day I can be convinced of ancient astronauts, the next I'm a sucker for the ramifications of observational theory (that things that don't even know they're observed change under observation -- that blows my mind). But I'm not that abstract a person. And I'm an egoist. (I just wrote this in another thread.) I'm so concerned about what happens with my soul and my desire for eternal longing that it clouds any studious observation I might make about the reality of things. I call it (well, Nietzshce coined the act of doing this) the personal prejudice of my own philosophizing.

ME! is the rule, and I can't avoid it honestly. I don't think most people can. And that's alright, I think. I find any endeavor that's truly honest in this day and age leads back to a dangerous solipsism. So I take it on blind faith that you're there and watching and listening. There's nothing else I have.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Thanks, man. I appreciate you starting the thread and can relate to the curiosity behind it. But I find that every time I'm introduced to thoughts of alternate realities I get really unsteady, so I tend to stay away from that. One day I can be convinced of ancient astronauts, the next I'm a sucker for the ramifications of observational theory (that things that don't even know they're observed change under observation -- that blows my mind). But I'm not that abstract a person. And I'm an egoist. (I just wrote this in another thread.) I'm so concerned about what happens with my soul and my desire for eternal longing that it clouds any studious observation I might make about the reality of things. I call it (well, Nietzshce coined the act of doing this) the personal prejudice of my own philosophizing.

ME! is the rule, and I can't avoid it honestly. I don't think most people can. And that's alright, I think. I find any endeavor that's truly honest in this day and age leads back to a dangerous solipsism. So I take it on blind faith that you're there and watching and listening. There's nothing else I have.

learning the parameters of one's equilibrium and having the moral courage to maintain it is the path to the best kind of living i know. well done -

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Simulation hypothesis - Wikipedia

Not ready to say "I believe", but interesting to think about.  

Bayesian statistics, which is the foundation for the simulation hypothesis and the Home Improvement thing alike.

Neil De Grasse Tyson bought into it for a while but ultimately stumbled across a pretty good contradiction in the theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmcrG7ZZKUc

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

learning the parameters of one's equilibrium and having the moral courage to maintain it is the path to the best kind of living i know. well done -

Thanks, man. Always nice to hear that something one has done out of fragility and necessity might even be, luckily, something akin to something as weighty as "moral courage." Cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Beat me to it. I don't know about particles or what not, but I heard of it being called a white hole.

Basically, think about what a black hole is, it's every bit of matter the thing can suck in, sucked into a single point, a singularity.

That's exactly what they say happened at the big bang. Out of a singularity, everything we know came from. So essentially yeah, there's an infinite web of universes. Not that they all exist indefinitely, probably every universe dies at some point.

Every black hole is another universe like ours, each with many black holes?  It doesn't pass the sniff test imo.  I think someone needs to come up with a viable theory for the physics once we get past the event horizon.  It will come from understanding gravity a lot more than we do now and will be comparable to Einstein's theory of relativity totally rewriting a new phase of physics as we know it.  But, it will explain rationally what happens to matter inside a black hole.

There isn't any evidence that I am aware of that universes do anything other than inflate, so if by die you mean burn out and get really cold, then ok but, they still exist.   I think collapsing universes have to be put on the shelf for awhile only to be looked at occasionally.  Much more interesting is their shapes; flat universes, closed universe or open universe and which are more likely to spring into existence.  And I think the gives way to multiverses.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Thanks, man. Always nice to hear that something one has done out of fragility and necessity might even be, luckily, something akin to something as weighty as "moral courage." Cool.

as a deadwhiteman once said "self-reform does more to change the world than any crowd of noisy patriots". we of whatever skills & curiosity set out upon the world to find answers, if not be the answer. even the greatest among us are not answers - fun, foolish quest.

those who pursue need a "W", though, to put the chase to bed - we pursue victories over everyone & everything we know once we realize we are not going to be the greatest-ever anything.

like in the Wizard of Oz, the most achievable & rewarding victory lay before us all along - the one over our selves. it is the one pursuit which ends in a proof, something you may just now be realizing, my friend. proving to oneself and those who might care that one knows one's value and that living within its terms puts one above all judgement but one's own provides a world which lessens suffering and embiggens fullfilment. proving worthy, providing enough,  "keeping the earth in the window", to borrow from Apollo 13, would be a greater victory than you were ever capable of imagining starting out. Cool indeed.

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I know it’s super crazy stuff. Nowhere near as believable Single cell amoebas growing hands and feet turning into monkeys and eventually man. 
 

There is evidence for things like evolution though. A lot of it. DNA, fossil records, embryonic development. One would need a massive amount of evidence to argue against evolution. We see natural selection happen on small scales now. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

Every black hole is another universe like ours, each with many black holes?  It doesn't pass the sniff test imo.  I think someone needs to come up with a viable theory for the physics once we get past the event horizon.  It will come from understanding gravity a lot more than we do now and will be comparable to Einstein's theory of relativity totally rewriting a new phase of physics as we know it.  But, it will explain rationally what happens to matter inside a black hole.

There isn't any evidence that I am aware of that universes do anything other than inflate, so if by die you mean burn out and get really cold, then ok but, they still exist.   I think collapsing universes have to be put on the shelf for awhile only to be looked at occasionally.  Much more interesting is their shapes; flat universes, closed universe or open universe and which are more likely to spring into existence.  And I think the gives way to multiverses.  

To expand on any of these we need to understand dark matter and dark energy which make up about 2/3rd of the universe.  It’s hard to have any real understanding of how our universe works when we barely understand how 1/3 of it works. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

To expand on any of these we need to understand dark matter and dark energy which make up about 2/3rd of the universe.  It’s hard to have any real understanding of how our universe works when we barely understand how 1/3 of it works. 

More like 85%.  The search of the atomic particle that might make up dark matter is THE major focus of particle physics currently.  The Hadron Colider is working on it. I've also read about deep underground experiments being proposed to try and detect it directly. 

I 've mentioned a lot about gravity. It shows its presence in gravity, while not interacting with other energies like electromagnetic spectrum.  The gravitational astrophysical events we can witness cannot be explained without it in our current gravitational theories. Maybe it is the key to unlocking gravity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted this in the other thread as my own :tinfoilhat: theory for those that dont go in that forum. 

Quote

 

Gravity has the power to deform space.  That's why you can see stars that are actually behind other starts, it essentially bends light.  Learn to harness that power and the distances are conceivable.  Coincidentally, or not, take a look at all our military bases of operation.  They are always in strategic locations, ports, mouths of rivers, tops of mountains.  Why do we have bases at Death Valley and the Carson Sink?  My theory is because both those places have a drastic change in elevation in a short distance (thus a dramatic change in gravity force).  Something you might need in order to focus your gravity powered traveling device (I'm not sure it even has to be a ship).  Also, coincidentally, these places have a high volume of reported UFO sightings.  

I've seen some things that are pretty compelling as evidence of aliens having been here, but, if I were to wager I think it's more likely than not that they haven't.  I would guess our government might understand more than regular people about how they might get here and have been preparing, just in case, ever since the Roswell scare they had to at least consider it.  It's more likely we perform military operations and experiments out in Death Valley and the Carson Sink and people mistake those activities as alien.  It may have nothing do do with my theory. 

I think most physicists would agree with Carl Sagan that given what we know about how easily life began on our planet of star dust, it's almost mathematically certain that it did the same in other places in our universe, likely even in our own galaxy. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, shuke said:

I usually have this stuff figured out late on Saturday nights.  I'll check in then.

Unfortunately it’s usually forgotten the next morning in my experience.  I once found the meaning of life in the grass in my back yard, shortly afterwards I was distracted by the trails my hands were making in the sky and forgot.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am fairly open minded, but I have to say this with all sincerity. Graham Hancock is a dip#### that provides the lack of tangible evidence as the evidence that his pet theories are correct. It is the worst kind of circular reasoning.

I am not a mainstream honk, but in my opinion Graham Hancock does more to hurt the case that the mainstream theories are incorrect than he does to help. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t believe in any of the things in the OP, but if you think it’s all crazy but at the same time you unquestioningly believe in Christianity or most any other organized religion, you probably need to look in the mirror. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

 

-Some cataclysmic event happened roughly 12,500 years ago. There is overwhelming evidence of this.".

Would like to hear more about this. I'm too lazy to look it up and see if it's something I have already heard about or something new, but I'm interested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

There is evidence for things like evolution though. A lot of it. DNA, fossil records, embryonic development. One would need a massive amount of evidence to argue against evolution. We see natural selection happen on small scales now. 

The point I was making in that one particular post was that the ideas of evolution sound just as crazy as my proposed (admittedly) crazy ideas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

I don’t believe in any of the things in the OP, but if you think it’s all crazy but at the same time you unquestioningly believe in Christianity or most any other organized religion, you probably need to look in the mirror. 

Exactly. Im not saying any of my fun for thought ideas are true, but it aint that far into left field when compared to religion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

I am fairly open minded, but I have to say this with all sincerity. Graham Hancock is a dip#### that provides the lack of tangible evidence as the evidence that his pet theories are correct. It is the worst kind of circular reasoning.

I am not a mainstream honk, but in my opinion Graham Hancock does more to hurt the case that the mainstream theories are incorrect than he does to help. 

I agree that he does connect the dots quite a bit but I disagree that he doesn't provide some tangible evidence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I’m willing to bet the people who are making jokes haven’t actually done any research on these topics and others who are more open minded because of the research they’ve done. 

It’s ok not to believe, it’s another entirely to dismiss. 

 

Sorry, but when you start off right away with, "I no longer believe in evolution," then you lose the "research" high ground and well, it is ok to dismiss.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scoresman said:

I don’t believe in any of the things in the OP, but if you think it’s all crazy but at the same time you unquestioningly believe in Christianity or most any other organized religion, you probably need to look in the mirror. 

Sure, but there's only one poster here espousing one set of beliefs while mocking the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, beer 30 said:

Rogan podcasts with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson

I have listened to them - makes a lot of sense to me.  :shrug:

eta:  about the catastrophic event that occurred about 12,000 yrs ago ...haven't much gotten into the other stuff ...

Edited by Binky The Doormat
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I agree that he does connect the dots quite a bit but I disagree that he doesn't provide some tangible evidence. 

There are point by point refutations of not only his “famous” book, but also his most recent pet theory. I want his theories to be true because that would be ####### cool. Unfortunately, he is a dolt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HaFo SaFo said:

What's fun and wild is, while, yes, there is a history of evolution... there's a pretty basic scientific model that could suggest that the steps of evolution that have occurred, and will occur in the future, have not been random nor natural selection, but, a programmed pathway guided toward a specific end goal. 

 

I've always found it interesting that the harder science has sometimes tried to reach a conclusion that argues against a non-scientific belief, as they dig deeper and deeper and discover and learn more, it often comes back around full circle to the same belief, except now backed by science instead of mysticism.

I would love a link to some of the information on that model

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

The point I was making in that one particular post was that the ideas of evolution sound just as crazy as my proposed (admittedly) crazy ideas. 

Ok you had evolution in your OP as the top thing you don't believe in though. Most everything in existence sounds crazy. The life cycle of a butterfly, the way electricity works, the atomic model, etc. Its just some of the crazy stuff is real because we have evidence beyond someone people writing about it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Exactly. Im not saying any of my fun for thought ideas are true, but it aint that far into left field when compared to religion. 

So wait, is this just a disguised anti-religion thread? I am confused. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Ok you had evolution in your OP as the top thing you don't believe in though. Most everything in existence sounds crazy. The life cycle of a butterfly, the way electricity works, the atomic model, etc. Its just some of the crazy stuff is real because we have evidence beyond someone people writing about it. 

I prefaced what I said about evolution with “Ill start with things Im mostly convinced of, but not positive:”.

So if you’re just going to denounce me simply based on that, and then be closed minded about everything else then maybe this isn’t the thread for you. 
 

This is simply a fun discussion about ideas and theories that are outside the accepted norms. That’s it’s. I’m not teaching your or my kids this crazy stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, jhib said:

Sorry, but when you start off right away with, "I no longer believe in evolution," then you lose the "research" high ground and well, it is ok to dismiss.

I prefaced it with doubt. 
 

So because you disagree, we’re not allowed to simply talk about it? You’re going to dismiss another persons thoughts? This isn’t hurting anyone. We’re not starting a campaign to rewrite history. We’re just talking man. 
 

I’m sorry I used Jesus walking on water as an example of an unbelievable idea that a lot of people believe in to open the door for a fun discussion. 
 

 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

There are point by point refutations of not only his “famous” book, but also his most recent pet theory. I want his theories to be true because that would be ####### cool. Unfortunately, he is a dolt. 

I won’t disagree with your last assertion but if you’re taking about this refutation- that writer does exactly what he is accusing Hancock of, only in reverse- and not nearly as eloquently. 
 

Again, I totally agree that Hancock does a lot of connecting the dots but I have no issue with opening the door for discussions. 
 

If the only positive we get from Hancock is the introduction to Randall Carlson and the late John Anthony West then that’s a net positive. 
 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This really shouldn't be this hard people. The title of the damn thread is "Questioning our existence and other :tinfoilhat:theories about our own reality " I prefaced everything by saying it sounds crazy and these are just fun thoughts. This isn't concrete science. This isn't an attack on religion. This isn't an attack at all. 

 

LOL, I mean really. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

-The Pyramids are far older than we are told. The dynastic Egyptians merely found those megalithic sites and basically put graffiti all over them in the form of hieroglyphics. 

Intelligent Humans have inhabited this planet for far longer than we think.

... Im almost certain that the Americas was inhabited by other humans long before the natives. 

The one I am closest to actually believing is -Its possible we have reached a great technological age in the past and everything was wiped out either due to time, a cataclysmic event, or something on par with nuclear meltdown(s). Most likely an asteroid hit, melted the ice caps, almost wiped the planet clean. Humans escaped to the mountain caves and underground. ...

I did a lot of interesting research about a decade ago.  Lots of things have disappeared from the Internet.  Was able to track down one guy who blew me away when I first started looking.

Video

Link to pdf to examples of what he describes in the video.

Klaus Dona

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Ill start with things Im mostly convinced of, but not positive:

 -I no longer believe in evolution. 

 

Like you don't believe things evolve at all, or you don't think life here began that way?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I prefaced it with doubt. 
 

So because you disagree, we’re not allowed to simply talk about it? You’re going to dismiss another persons thoughts? This isn’t hurting anyone. We’re not starting a campaign to rewrite history. We’re just talking man. 
 

I’m sorry I used Jesus walking on water as an example of an unbelievable idea that a lot of people believe in to open the door for a fun discussion. 
 

 

Doubt, but you're "mostly convinced of." 

Regardless, of course you can talk about your fun theories. My problem is that you're also taking a page out of the old quack/pseudoscience playbook by painting rational, science-minded people into the "not open-minded" corner.  If you only meant that part sarcastically, I'm sorry I missed the intended tone of those particular posts.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jhib said:

Doubt, but you're "mostly convinced of." 

Regardless, of course you can talk about your fun theories. My problem is that you're also taking a page out of the old quack/pseudoscience playbook by painting rational, science-minded people into the "not open-minded" corner.  If you only meant that part sarcastically, I'm sorry I missed the intended tone of those particular posts.

 

Where did I do this, cause that was not my intention? (So I can edit that post to be more clear)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

Like you don't believe things evolve at all, or you don't think life here began that way?

I really should move that down the list. I wrote my into a post in haste in another thread, then decided I should cut and paste it into this thread. 
 

I think things evolve but I’m not certain we were apes - then we grew into the humans we have today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

I did a lot of interesting research about a decade ago.  Lots of things have disappeared from the Internet.  Was able to track down one guy who blew me away when I first started looking.

Video

Link to pdf to examples of what he describes in the video.

Klaus Dona

This is exactly the type of stuff that gets me excited. Wow. Ive seen some of it but theres a lot that Im not familiar with. 

 

How can you NOT question if there were other advanced civilizations when you see stuff like that? doesnt fit the conventional timeline. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

This is exactly the type of stuff that gets me excited. Wow. Ive seen some of it but theres a lot that Im not familiar with. 

 

How can you NOT question if there were other advanced civilizations when you see stuff like that? doesnt fit the conventional timeline. 

Their was/is one single thing about Dona's work that caught my attention.  Ancient symbol on US dollar bill

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based on what you are all saying in here, I'm easily one of the most far out people on the board.

I wholeheartedly believe in the Bible, Jesus, Yahweh/Jehovah, the flood, creation, walking on water, raising from the dead, etc.  So much so, I've recently developed a habit of getting up around 5-6am every day to spend between 1-2 hours praying and reading the Bible.

I've seen, heard, and experienced enough at this point in my life to believe in God 100%.  Now my understanding of God (his nature, plans, etc), the meaning of Bible verses (particularly of the ancient variety) and exactly where things are headed is something that I do not know and believe is really unknowable this side of heaven.  Basically, I don't know the truth of everything, but I'm committed to seeking it out and am certain that God exists and has the keys to the truth of our existence, origins, meaning, etc.  For me, nothing in the world makes sense without that faith in God.

If my base premise is right, that the God of the Bible (the Great I Am, Yahweh, Jehovah) is real and the one true creator God, then the rest of it is really pretty easy to grasp.  He can do anything he wants with his creation, he has intervened at times and not others as he sees fit and has inspired the Bible to be written as he wanted it and preserved it as he saw fit.

Y'all can call me crazy or whatever, but most of your big picture beliefs really aren't proven, any better, or even fully hashed out and I believe my beliefs are at least "knowable" just not provable.

 

Edited by Jayrod
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Based on what you are all saying in here, I'm easily one of the most far out people on the board.

I wholeheartedly believe in the Bible, Jesus, Yahweh/Jehovah, the flood, creation, walking on water, raising from the dead, etc.  So much so, I've recently developed a habit of getting up around 5-6am every day to spend between 1-2 hours praying and reading the Bible.

I've seen, heard, and experienced enough at this point in my life to believe in God 100%.  Now my understanding of God (his nature, plans, etc), the meaning of Bible verses (particularly of the ancient variety) and exactly where things are headed is something that I do not know and believe is really unknowable this side of heaven.  Basically, I don't know the truth of everything, but I'm committed to seeking it out and am certain that God exists and has the keys to the truth of our existence, origins, meaning, etc.  For me, nothing in the world makes sense without that faith in God.

If my base premise is right, that the God of the Bible (the Great I Am, Yahweh, Jehovah) is real and the one true creator God, then the rest of it is really pretty easy to grasp.  He can do anything he wants with his creation, he has intervened at times and not others as he sees fit and has inspired the Bible to be written as he wanted it and preserved it as he saw fit.

Y'all can call me crazy or whatever, but most of your big picture beliefs really aren't proven, any better, or even fully hashed out and I believe my beliefs are at least "knowable" just not provable.

 

Not going to call you crazy. I also don’t want this thread to turn into a anti-pro religion debate. 

I was steadfast against religion forever but after looking into a lot of what we’ve discussed in this thread I see many parallels between ancient history and your bible. 
 

So this will sound like heresy to you but your version of God and Jesus Christ and isn’t that original. The dynastic Egyptians and before them, the Sumerians also had similar religions with similar participants- ie, same story, different names. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Not going to call you crazy. I also don’t want this thread to turn into a anti-pro religion debate. 

I was steadfast against religion forever but after looking into a lot of what we’ve discussed in this thread I see many parallels between ancient history and your bible. 
 

So this will sound like heresy to you but your version of God and Jesus Christ and isn’t that original. The dynastic Egyptians and before them, the Sumerians also had similar religions with similar participants- ie, same story, different names. 
 

 

I'm fully aware of that.  I haven't had my head in the sand for the past 30+ years (not that you are saying that, just want to point out I'm not going into everything with blinders on).  Went to a liberal arts college, took religion classes, discussed things a great deal with people on this board and in real life who don't believe as I do.  Most of those accounts are exaggerated, misplaced or quite different in totality of the story of Jesus.  The most unique features being that Jesus was fully God and fully man and intentionally came to die as a sacrifice for the sins of all mankind (past, present and future) and that his kingdom is spiritual in nature and involves the heart.  There are plenty of  stories about 1/2 god and 1/2 man offspring as the result of gods having sexual intercourse with humans (usually women), but that is really a pretty even parallel to the Nephilim in Genesis 6 and their descendants who were the giants of antiquity (i.e. Goliath).

Not to get too deep, but the existence of a spiritual world and its interaction with the physical world is fairly evident and has been consistently believed in for all of human history, right up through today.  We are more than flesh and blood that came about through the random collision of molecules and a lot of what this thread is about is based on that belief.  We suspect there is more to life than this and I believe that innate desire to seek that out is by the design of God.  We are naturally curious about our origins, purpose, etc.  As a result, men have always sought the truth about existence and our purpose in life.

Edited by Jayrod
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...